September 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-13 15:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Apparently I never actually saved my table of extrapolated RP costs per level. Time to remake in Google Sheets!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xrGOeGiTtyiHf55yFgzVgs79yxDbv4C2LZf0zS3ifE/edit?usp=sharing

Looks like it's going off the same formula so far. So Rank 18 should require 1560 RP.
Lool, at current prices another 250m for Crystals to boost a weapon.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-13 15:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Apparently I never actually saved my table of extrapolated RP costs per level. Time to remake in Google Sheets!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xrGOeGiTtyiHf55yFgzVgs79yxDbv4C2LZf0zS3ifE/edit?usp=sharing

Looks like it's going off the same formula so far. So Rank 18 should require 1560 RP.

Sooooo..... I mean.... Don't be stupid....? Don't pay that? Petty easy.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-13 15:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Sooooo..... I mean.... Don't be stupid....? Don't pay that? Petty easy.

I already bought some expecting the 6980 limit based off delve and ruan gear. Gonna stick more to farming in dyna for them.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-09-13 15:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So if Masks renew to give crystals or whatever upgrade currency, do you think if you already have a REMA unlock that donating 10k JP will get you one of the upgrade items?
I hope that after 14 weeks of farming 10,000 job points, you get a crystal for 50 RP.
Only 32.2 more years and 1,196,000 more job points to go!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-13 16:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Redid capped test because there were problems.

Bastokan Sword (1-handed, 20 DMG), capped pdif, no neck: 97-101

Bastokan Sword (1-handed, 20 DMG), capped pdif, rank 11 neck (+4%): 101-106

Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-09-13 16:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Redid capped test because there were problems.

Bastokan Sword (1-handed, 20 DMG), capped pdif, no neck: 97-101

Bastokan Sword (1-handed, 20 DMG), capped pdif, rank 11 neck (+4%): 101-106

Were these all the same level? Battlemod will tell you a non-NMs level with /check. Otherwiki lists these acrophies has having a a level range of 33-34.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-13 16:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter; with >1000 attack and >300 STR, I'm far past capped on both pdif and fstr regardless of their level.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-13 16:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like a 4% increase. So this only works when capped vs your target?
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-09-13 16:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Values match for a 3.38 (3.25*1.04) pDif.

A straight 1.04 multiplier to the initial damage isn't enough to reach the numbers shown.

Addative doesn't match either.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-13 19:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Looks like a 4% increase. So this only works when capped vs your target?
for 1 handed, you would benefit anytime attack / defense > 3.25
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-13 19:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd actually start benefitting at attack/defense = 2.875, actually. It's at that point where the high end of your pdif hits 3.25 and stops increasing, so it's where the cap raising starts to take effect.

The effects are very minor at that point, though. The higher you go above 2.875 the more of a benefit the neck gives, until you reach 3.575, where it's maxed out (assuming neck is capped).
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-13 19:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Have you tried any damage pacts? My first thought when I saw the augment was, double the pet's stats (STR/INT/etc).

Edit:
Found the description in japanese which is similar to what I was guessing. Looks like double the WSC.

ステータス補正二倍

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Double debuff potency

This has some pretty fantastic potential honestly, under the assumption that the greater debuff overrides the lesser.

You could apply -50%ATK with Leviathan for example.. that's quite considerable and eliminates the need for defense buffs in a lot of content.

Speculation atm. Easiest way to test I see is smacking people with shiva's eva down.

As for double damage pacts. Easiest test I see would be netherblasting bunnies in sarut. Damage is 100% consistent.

Netherblast has no stat component to it. Try Night Terror maybe?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-13 19:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you're right on the part where it starts benefiting but it should still increase your lower range up to 3.95, also what is your crit damage at? can't say if it's 3.25 * 1.04 + 1 or 4.25 * 1.04 without knowing that
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-13 19:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Er, right.

I had Crit Damage +16%.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-13 20:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like it will be 3.25 * 1.04 + 1 for a value of 3.38. otherwise, your minimum hit would be ~162 on a crit. so a crit at cap with neck is 4.575 instead of 4.675

edit: think i did 1.1 instead of 1.04 which means lowest should be 153 and you hit 151 in screenshot, so still 3.25 * 1.04 + 1
By Skies 2018-09-14 00:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So if Masks renew to give crystals or whatever upgrade currency, do you think if you already have a REMA unlock that donating 10k JP will get you one of the upgrade items?
I hope that after 14 weeks of farming 10,000 job points, you get a crystal for 50 RP.
Only 32.2 more years and 1,196,000 more job points to go!

Could be the JP unlocking path would give one fully augmented REMA once done. Maybe...
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-14 08:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried any damage pacts? My first thought when I saw the augment was, double the pet's stats (STR/INT/etc).

Edit:
Found the description in japanese which is similar to what I was guessing. Looks like double the WSC.

ステータス補正二倍

Double debuff potency

This has some pretty fantastic potential honestly, under the assumption that the greater debuff overrides the lesser.

You could apply -50%ATK with Leviathan for example.. that's quite considerable and eliminates the need for defense buffs in a lot of content.

Speculation atm. Easiest way to test I see is smacking people with shiva's eva down.

As for double damage pacts. Easiest test I see would be netherblasting bunnies in sarut. Damage is 100% consistent.

Netherblast is affected by pet int and mab/bpd as far as I know, it's just oddly specific on it's magic accuracy.

Either way, 60 nether blasts later against rabbits in saruta and no double damage instances. I'm probably not gonna bother testing until i get more rp into the weapon for higher rates, unless people have ideas for better tests to do.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-14 08:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit:

ステータス補正二倍

Double debuff potency

Netherblast is affected by pet int and mab/bpd as far as I know, it's just oddly specific on it's magic accuracy.

Either way, 60 nether blasts later against rabbits in saruta and no double damage instances. I'm probably not gonna bother testing until i get more rp into the weapon for higher rates, unless people have ideas for better tests to do.
GOD, just figure it out already Frod
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-14 08:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't make me.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-14 09:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Another issue the need for clearing bosses has produced is people kill as few T1 and T2 mobs as possible due to time. This has reduced the quantity of voidshards and seals, and Kindred and Beast medals that are in circulation. At 9-12m per shard and seal a +3 piece is >100M now. (Desirable ones like COR feet, etc, not your MNK feet that are 50k!)
B.B.

Exactly the biggest flaw of wave3 is that it killed wave1-2 farming. I got lucky finishing a few big pieces before they added wave3. Those same pieces are 4x as much to make now really hurting the average players ability to make them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-14 09:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
Another issue the need for clearing bosses has produced is people kill as few T1 and T2 mobs as possible due to time. This has reduced the quantity of voidshards and seals, and Kindred and Beast medals that are in circulation. At 9-12m per shard and seal a +3 piece is >100M now. (Desirable ones like COR feet, etc, not your MNK feet that are 50k!)
B.B.

Exactly the biggest flaw of wave3 is that it killed wave1-2 farming. I got lucky finishing a few big pieces before they added wave3. Those same pieces are 4x as much to make now really hurting the average players ability to make them.

Ture, but as people start getting clears they should go back to farming W1-2. I know with my LS, once we get all out white masks, we'll alternate our runs.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-14 09:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm parties won’t entirely disappear. They will be relegated to PUGs especially on Asura where there’s a steady influx of new folks joining the endgame fray daily. There’s still one or two midboss clear shouts a day.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-14 09:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Ture, but as people start getting clears they should go back to farming W1-2. I know with my LS, once we get all out white masks, we'll alternate our runs.
sounds good in theory, until you realize a lot of people will want RP more than they want gil
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-14 09:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah overall there are many factors that will cause things to balance out as time goes on. We’re still only in week one of this.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-14 10:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
sounds good in theory, until you realize a lot of people will want RP more than they want gil
RP is better farmed on Wave 2, though. Mobs give 2/3s the RP as normal mobs on Wave 3, but are much squishier, less dangerous, and more numerous/tightly packed.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-14 10:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I guess it depends. In our case, we farm so we get materials for ourselves, not for gil, and we sell off the stuff no one in the LS needed. So while I agree that materials will be less common from now on (or until se does some kind of update) their availability should increase compared to right after the RMEA update where almost no one is farming anymore because some groups will resume farming for whatever reason they choose.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-14 12:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
B.B.

Our plans are to clear one T3 KI, do a few weeks of farming then do the next KI and so forth. We realize some people still need unlocks or upgrade materials.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-09-14 12:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m sure SE will have some future campaigns with RMEA augment materials at increased drop rates, or something similar to how we have the HTMB campaigns for beitetsu/plutons/boulders. I mean you can only get 15 or so s. detritus per solo THF omen farm, that’s a long ways to the ~700 total needed.

I’m also hoping that they may bring that dynamis campaign at some point with the personal drops per statue as well as the personal drops of void/shards. But we’ll see.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-14 13:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they expected people to finish their upgrades in a month, so don't expect a huge increase in material drop rates anytime soon. These weapons were meant to be built and upgraded over months as a project.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29