users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » SIRD Set, Question, and Gearswap
SIRD Set, Question, and Gearswap
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2018-07-31 14:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

First and foremost allow me to apologize as I know if I were to sort through the deepest recesses of the forums I could probably gather this information. That being said, this post may serve to help many as I doubt I will be alone in my curiosity regarding this topic.

At first I wasn't really interested in a SIRD (Spell Interruption Rate Down) set, because I already have a crap-ton of PLD gear. I have already tanked and beaten everything a PLD can tank (Tumult Curator being the only thing in the game I haven't killed). Hell, I haven't even looked into my PLD lua in a while because it just hasn't been necessary to playing the job. Basically lazy. Now that I'm back from a small hiatus and I'm playing on PLD again, I noticed that I have a use for a SIRD set and want to implement it. For example, we did a run where the PLD was zombie'ing, but RR was down for the rest of the party and the tank (not me) didn't have a SIRD set.. so they couldn't raise the whm.

So here are the questions:
1. Can someone please present the best SIRD set available (Remember I apologized beforehand)?

2. I notice from my initial information gathering that people seem to be making the SIRD set on top of Midcast.. shouldn't it be on the precast? Or does it have to be part of both to completely mitigate interrupts?

3. Using a basic motes style lua, how do I implement a toggle that will switch to SIRD sets? I am fairly decent with lua, but would like to make sure I'm doing this right. It's not binding the toggle, it's properly naming precast and midcast sets with the binded toggle to work properly. Please include all pertinent info and I can plug it in where it belongs. If necessary, I can link my current working lua to this topic - just let me know.

Thanks in advance!
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-31 14:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

2: The SIRD check occurs when the mob hits you. And precast gear is only equipped for the veeery start of the cast. With the way gearswap handles precast and midcast it's effectively impossible to get hit in precast gear.

So, SIRD gear needs to be equipped in midcast. Which means that you have to make some sacrifices to fit said gear it. Depending on what you're casting this could cost you potency, or recast reduction or enmity, etc. You have to decide what matters more. getting the cast off successfully, or having full potency.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 14:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 360350
96% gear + 10% in merits = 106%

Fill in Enmity/HP/Enhancing in the other slots based on what you want to cast
[+]
By Boshi 2018-07-31 15:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Eschite (escha-Z pld gear) path C is also
Magic Evasion+15
Spell Interruption Rate-15%
Enmity+7
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-31 15:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could use Odyssean feet(20%) and free up back and hands.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 16:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Yeah but then your going to smoke your HP down to 2700, I use those pieces regal/back because it keeps my HP above 3000. Odyssean gear is great if properly augmented but I use it sparingly based on how terrible the HP is
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2018-07-31 16:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Still nice to have options, I totally appreciate all of your guy's advice here. The Toralin set is optimal, but the suggestions are good for stuff I can pull together really fast.

If only some genius would tell me how to properly set it so I can toggle SIRD off and on in GS.

Assuming that I set modes SIRD on and off.. make a toggle bind.. but how do I make the sets work?

Like sets.midcast.Raise
and
sets.midcast.sird.Raise

or would you do sets.midcast.sird = sets.midcast(combine .. and just plugin the SIRD pieces to ALL midcast?

Above being an example. I'm not at home to test it out, have a half-written lua waiting for me as it is.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-31 16:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Could do what mages do with differing levels of magic accuracy. Set up a keybind to toggle the tiers, one tier being

sets.midcast.spellname

And another being

sets.midcast.interrupt.spellname

The "interrupt" I'd just a suggestion. You could call it sets.midcast.silly.spellname if you really wanted to. When I get home I'll pull the commands you'll need to add and where to create this tier system, unless a more versed person posts first ;)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-31 16:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Yeah but then your going to smoke your HP down to 2700, I use those pieces regal/back because it keeps my HP above 3000. Odyssean gear is great if properly augmented but I use it sparingly based on how terrible the HP is
A valid concern. And something I might consider, if I had regal gauntlets. -.-;

For me, maintaining high HP is something I toggle, as I don't see 3k+ HP as needed for all content. Much Like SIRD.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've addressed how those two toggles interact. I imagine it would knock my HP down fairly significantly. My typical goal for SIRD is to hit cap using as few slots as possible to reduce how badly SIRD gimps spell potency. Adjusting for high HP is going to be... annoying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2018-07-31 16:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
A valid concern. And something I might consider, if I had regal gauntlets. -.-;

For me, maintaining high HP is something I toggle, as I don't see 3k+ HP as needed for all content. Much Like SIRD.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've addressed how those two toggles interact. I imagine it would knock my HP down fairly significantly. My typical goal for SIRD is to hit cap using as few slots as possible to reduce how badly SIRD gimps spell potency. Adjusting for high HP is going to be... annoying.

My current turtle set has like 2800 HPs and I have never had a problem. I'm going to up that number if I can organically, but being in that ballpark is actually kind of beneficial because the most I lose switching to any set is like 5-10 hps. I do have some low hp sets, like CDC midcast, but I just don't use CDC when I tank (Savage Blade is better anyway at a loss of 10 hps)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [309 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-06-05 12:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup sup. I was wondering how to write a mote lua that would have SIRD for the full cast. I appreciate the theory that its impossible to get hit in precast, but when you're in Dynamis D or Omen and holding 5+ monsters, if SIRD isnt on the whole time, you get interrupted most of the time. I've tried to code it that precast and mid cast are the same set but this seems to break the lua entirely forcing the SIRD set to be always equipped.any help with would be appreciated. Also swap out the Ambuscade cape for the halzqsomething earring and use Moonbeam Cape, less HP fluctuations.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-06-05 15:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is that your precast isn't equipping properly OR you don't have a high enough fast cast set (cap 80%).

You can check this by turning on showswaps (//gs showswaps).

If it is swapping in your precast gear, check to make sure you have a high enough fast cast set.

Otherwise, if you're still having problems and want both precast and midcast the same, just set your SIRD set to be both the precast and midcast for the spell you're using.

Code
sets.SIRD = {your gear here}
sets.precast.Phalanx = sets.SIRD
sets.midcast.Phalanx = sets.SIRD
By soralin 2019-06-05 16:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I will hold 40+ mobs when cleaving on Paladin and my spells never get interrupted. It sounds like your lua/gearswap is just malfunctioning.

You do know you need 103% SIRD total to cap right (technically 103% but due to rounding its often 103%, kinda like how you generally need 26% gear haste)
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2019-06-05 23:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using set_combine() to make your midcast the same as precast:

sets.midcast.SIRD = set_combine(sets.precast.SIRD, {})
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [127 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-10-11 06:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Back again!
Need a hand with some coding

if target == 'Self' and spell.type == 'Cure' then
equip(sets.midcast.Cure.Self) -- Cure Self Gear Set
elseif target =='Self' and spell.type == 'Cure' then
equip(sets.midcast.Cure) -- Cure Others Gear Set
end
This doesnt work, any cure cast default to sets.midcast.Cure, what need to be done to fix it?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-10-11 06:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Back again!
Need a hand with some coding

elseif target =='Self' and spell.type == 'Cure' then
end
This doesnt work, any cure cast default to sets.midcast.Cure, what need to be done to fix it?

Line 1 to 2, saying if target is self and you’re casting cure, then equip miscast.Cure.self

Line 3 to 4, still has Self as Target, and now has miscast.Curr set.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-11 07:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

elseif spell.type == 'Cure' then
end
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-11 07:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

'Cure' is not a valid spell.type. spell.type refers to magic or ja categories, like WhiteMagic, or JobAbility. Since Cure is not a valid type, that rule will never pass.

Furthermore, 'target' is not a valid variable. so unless you're defining 'target' elsewhere in the lua, that should also never parse as true. If you want to check for Self targeted spells, you should use spell.target.type. then SELF would be valid.

I have to wonder what's changing your gear for cures at all, because neither of those should ever work.

Please refer to Windower4\addons\GearSwap\beta_examples_and_information\Variables.xlsx for a list of valid variables you can check against.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-10-11 08:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Artsncrafts said: »
elseif spell.type == 'Cure' then
end
I'll give this a try, thnx too much.

I dont get any errors about XXX being a nil command, which I have gotten previously with syntax like white magic. I've never read through any of the beta stuff but considering that literally every single mage lua I have ever seen has a Sets.xxx.Cure and Sets.xxx.Curaga, Cure spells are not only defined but separated from single target and AoE. The only thing that seems likely to give trouble is the targeting, as mentioned, but baby steps for the noob coder, por favor.
Thnx forbrhe input guys, I'll let you know how this pans out.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-11 09:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

gearswap is highly customizable. So it's possible that your lua is one that redefines spell.type and adds cure as a type. Anf it may have defined target as somethign as well. It's just not a gearswap default, so you can't expect it to work in any gearswap lua.

Motenten(Kinematics) lua would be a good example of lua with a ton of non default variables and mappings.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-10-11 23:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Update:
this is what worked for anyone interested in this type of function

Quote:
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.target.type=="SELF" and spell.skill == 'Healing Magic' then
elseif spell.target.type=="Not Self" and spell.skill == 'Healing Magic' then
end
end
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [585 days between previous and next post]
By Yzen 2021-05-19 02:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone mind sharing their PLD LUA that includes SIRD rules and gear built in for /BLU and general spell casting -- Unfortunately, a lot of the older public posts dont seem to have SIRD built into their LUA - thank you!
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-05-19 03:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yzen said: »
Would anyone mind sharing their PLD LUA that includes SIRD rules and gear built in for /BLU and general spell casting -- Unfortunately, a lot of the older public posts dont seem to have SIRD built into their LUA - thank you!

If you aren't familiar with the toggles and cycling, this one may be more than you bargain for, but in the grand scheme it's not a very complex or fancy lua.

Casting Modes are set for both SIRD and HPBAL (Where I don't let my HP fluctuate more than ~500 between all abilities and spells.) These are toggled with F11.
By Yzen 2021-05-19 09:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Much appreciated Cambion -- I'll just have to play with the toggles etc and do my best to work it out. This is helpful and a great place to start -- thanks!