Solo CP on Apex
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2018-07-07 22:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone,

I'm working on CPing DRK and am curious as to what trusts/skillchains you recommend. I recently finished DRG with quite a bit of soloing, but have Ryunohige so it was easy to push out skillchains with AM3 up. With DRK, while I do have Ragnarok and Anguta, it's just a bit slower. Here's what I'm using right now:

Trusts: Kupo, Sylvia, KoH, Ulmia, Joachim
Skillchain: I've been making Umbra with Vorpal Scythe > Spiral Hell > Entropy > Entropy, but frankly it's a bit inconsistent hitting that last Entropy.

Also, my TP set has 24% haste and 72/82 Store TP (with /SAM bonus and CP cape) - maybe swap out some STP for DA? Any suggestions for the above? I don't get to play DRK much these days so any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-07-08 00:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did Drk I simply used Entropy -> Cross Reaper -> Entropy -> Entrophy (umbra). No leave STP in, Drk has like no TP Gain as it is lol.

But instead of soloing, I highly recommend forming a party. Drk is pretty terrible to solo due to the low TP gain; I gave up on that super fast even with the Aeonic.

Just use Whm [Enpy pants], Brd [3-song {1hr @ start for 4song}], Cor [Chaos + Allies' roll], Cor [Corsair's + Samurai's roll], and then 2x 2 handed DD [With at least a WS and TP set {aeonic helps the most}]. Then run to Dho gates -> go to the bats -> have the melee solo their own Bat for maybe 20-45 sec kills based on the job due to over buff.

If you're lucky enough to grab an Aeonic job, you can see anywhere + 120jp/1hr. Without, I've seen Wars get 1 minute-ish kills, but they were decked out without a REMA. So with 1 Aeonic job and 1 non REMA it will be roughly 80JP per hour.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-08 01:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK solos just fine. Amazing actually. You're just not utilizing all of the tools to your disposal.

KoH/Sylvie (a must for DRK)/Joachim/Ulmia/You pick (can qultada for chaos/corsair's/fighters or use a whm)

Start the fight dsnv darkness mb drain 3, for capped HP. Now dread spikes, endark 2, and go to town on everything multi-stepping umbra with anguta. Mobs should literally melt, and with your hp pool, you cannot die reasonably with dread spikes. That's 3~5min of DPS heaven where you have no need for a serious healer that Joachim/Sylvie can't handle. If you want, can drop qultada after he rolls for a whm or shantotto II. I think DRK has great solo capability, and i did half of my CP on apex raptors just wrecking them with the above method (I didn't have anguta).

The other alternative is to form a reisenjima aoe party, and be the puller. Since DRK has no problem capping DT, they can also function as great pullers in aoe parties. You won't need a tank, just use carmine legs +1, sub rdm, drain 3 a random mob, dread spikes, full buff up (phalanx pro shell stoneskin ice spikes) and pull everything. Easy job and you should not die. If you have a whm at camp. Its the easiest thing I've ever done on DRK and those parties were quite fun back when I did them. Nobody was really using DRK for that, but dare I say DRK may be one of the best pullers for that style of party. Mobs would have to break Stoneskin and dread spikes of a 5-6kHP tank, all while in 50% DT gear. Kind of hard to do.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2018-08-20 10:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

August, Apururu UC, Qulata, Joachim, Koru Moru.

Torcleaver, Torcleaver, Torcleaver, Torcleaver. (AG Calad, Don't judge me.)

Apex bat kills were fairly quick, Store TP + DA mix set made it fun and less of a chore. Possibly killed faster than some of the PTs that were there CPing there at the time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [246 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sico
Server: Asura
user: sico
By Asura.Sico 2019-04-23 11:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there,

why would someone go to Raptor Camp than, lets say Bats/Crabs in Doh Gates? Do they have a weakness on slashing wpns? Someone knows a Apex mob which are Weak to Slashing DMG (BG Wiki and Clopedia dindt help find weaknesses)?

Also i found this Guide very helpful:
WS's for SC
1. Insurgency
2. Catastrophe
= Gravitation
3. Cross Reaper
= Darkness
4. Catastrophe
= Darkness

Also this Video was nice imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akei-9-tjXg

C ya!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-23 11:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bats are the ideal Apex monster for solo, but they do use an attack down move that is somewhat annoying. Trust removes it just fine. They also are usually overcrowded, at least on Asura. Crabs do defense+/shell mechanics that can be annoying, but they are rather tame with their TP moves and in abundant supply. However, they appear to have higher HP and defense than Bats, so they are not ideal for newer CP players. Apex Raptors are glass cannons in that they have strong physical attack, but very low HP and defense, and you can demolish them in 2-3 WS if you're supported well enough. They can also put up some good damage physically, so your healer(trust) will be worked a bit. They aren't as frequently camped as Bats, due to their location amongst Matamata, which are pretty annoying Apex monsters that just get in the way.
 Asura.Sico
user: sico
By Asura.Sico 2019-04-23 12:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty for the fast reply!

Once i had a CP pt where the puller pulled crabs and bats mixed, and always crab then ba.. PT also had a bad WHM, so we ended up with STR down Attack Down Eva Down. when the crab done the shield and SS (noone despelled it) we were hitting like 30 sec to get rid of the SS effect... that was the worst pt i ever had. :p
By soralin 2019-04-23 12:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the following Weaponskills with Ayame in party for easy Light or Dark SC spam.

Sword: Savage Blade (Light)

Pole: Impulse Drive (Darkness)

GSword: Resolution/Dimidiation (Light)

GKatana: Tachi: Shoha (Light)

Katana: Blade: Hi (Darkness, can even 2 step this one)

Dagger (Tauret): Evisceration (Darkness)

I use the following trusts:

Ayame
Koru-Moru
Sylvie
Joachim
Uka

Koru-Moru's Haste II and Sylvie's Indi Haste are enough to cap magic haste. Sylvie will also help with cures. Her and Koru Moru should be able to keep you alive, but definitely consider resetting the 2 of them whenever their mp runs low. Koru will also Dispel monster buffs, and Sylve will Esuna/-Na debuffs off you, so they are a strong combo. Also of course Dia and etc, and often times Sylvie's Entrust buff can be very strong depending on your job.

Joachim's Madrigal and Uka's quicksteps are important to get accuracy up for Ayame, she needs to have enough acc to build up TP fast enough.

Ayame, of course, will spam open SCs for you. I WS at around 1700 TP or so for heavy FTP modded WSes like Impulse Drive and Savage Blade. I try and aim to lean on those two Weaponskills for any jobs that can use Naegling / Shining One, which covers most bases.

By the time I weaponskill and Light SC, Ayame is nearly back at 1K TP ready to open for me again. With pimp TPing gear I can often close SCs at like 2200+ TP.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2019-04-23 12:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

On what camp Soralin? I've only really farmed CP solo on toads/pugils and ayame just doesn't have enough acc to do anything there.
By soralin 2019-04-23 12:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »
On what camp Soralin? I've only really farmed CP solo on toads/pugils and ayame just doesn't have enough acc to do anything there.

You need Uka and Joachim for her to have enough Acc. Otherwise she just whiffs like mad.

Also have you done the +1 level quest so Ayame is lv 120 instead of 119? Thats pretty clutch to capping her acc.

Any of the Gates camps (Sih, Woh, Doh, etc) works, finding a spot thats open and not overcrowded is more important than the mob selection.

Bats and Jagils die the fastest though. Toads are pretty easy too.
 Asura.Patb
By Asura.Patb 2019-04-23 12:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm missing something, what does Uka do for her accuracy?

I haven't done the trust upgrade quest, I'm at something like 82/86 trusts needed to start the quest.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-23 12:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pugils are pretty good IMO. Just a lot of the times their camps have some really lame aggro near them.
By soralin 2019-04-23 13:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Read my first post, I cover that. But its Quickstep. Also Haste Samba helps a little bit to increase TP gains.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-23 13:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
Koru-Moru's Haste II and Sylvie's Indi Haste are enough to cap magic haste.

Sylvie will only use Indi-Haste if you're NIN, PLD, or RUN (tank jobs), otherwise, she will use Fury (entrust Frailty) on DDs. You can't cap magical haste with trusts between two trusts otherwise unless you're BLU, or have Cornelia (sigh...). The fact that you're using Joachim (he'll use one low level March) means you're still not haste capped.

On DRK, the trusts you posted above are not the ideal setup for soloing. I would argue Uka/Ayame are 100% meaningless trusts and you can swap in Shantotto II instead if you can self skillchain. She needs no haste or accuracy to keep up dps with MBs, and she rarely interrupts. You can use Qultada for your last trust if you prefer, but on DRK you can just grab a whm trust and be fine. The amount of attack you will have on DRK is so high, Chaos is somewhat unnecessary, in addition to his propensity to interrupting your skillchains.
 Asura.Patb
By Asura.Patb 2019-04-23 14:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »

Read my first post, I cover that. But its Quickstep. Also Haste Samba helps a little bit to increase TP gains.

Didn't see that it could even use quickstep from the bg page.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-23 14:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You can't cap magical haste with trusts between two trusts

You can my dude. When I go out and do my solo fights on Rune I use King of Hearts or Koru for 30% Haste II, and then Ulmia and maybe Joachim depending on fight, so I am almost guaranteed Marches if one of them do ballads. Which should cap the haste way over 43%.
By soralin 2019-04-23 14:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah for jobs that dont get Indi Haste from Sylvie, use Ulmia instead of Joachim. You lose about 40~50 acc though.

Another solution to really optimize is use AoE Acc food, Marine Stewpot. It's a bit pricey but also lasts 3 hours and Ayame's acc will be much steadier and more reliable. Uka's quickstep should be enough to shore it the rest of the way up.

Marine Stewpot also lasts 3 hours so it's pretty solid!

In which case I go:

Ulmia
Uka
Koru-Moru
Sylvie
Ayame

In this setup on Indi-Fury jobs, you will absolutely go even harder and faster, as Indi-Fury far outclasses Joachims Minuet.

Sylvie is still absolutely mandatory for those Esunas. The bat's Attack down effect is BRUTAL and without it being removed your DPS plummets to rock bottom. I go from like 22K savage blades to 7~8K savage blades when I have that attack down debuff on me. Sylve though removes it basically instantly.

If you are a job that can't take hits well, aka you don't have a hybrid 50% DT setup (Why tho), you may want to swap out Uka for a tank.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-23 14:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing: they will switch up your songs almost always a few moments after you lose HP, MP, Acc, or whatever other stat that will prioritize over Marches. So you're not keeping capped haste for extended fights with only 2 trust supports. Their AI is flukey, you generally need 3 support trusts if you're using both Ulmia and Joachim, since they will swap songs for any fickle reason.

RIP Cornelia
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-23 14:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't really need that much acc for CPing though. I think the hardest place which is Ra'kazner Inner court need like 1350-1400. Stuff like Dho and Moh gates is pretty low since AGI nerf a while back. Probably like 1150 caps, maybe. Trusts should easily hit that.
By soralin 2019-04-23 14:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That's the thing: they will switch up your songs almost always a few moments after you lose HP, MP, Acc, or whatever other stat that will prioritize over Marches. So you're not keeping capped haste for extended fights with only 2 trust supports. Their AI is flukey, you generally need 3 support trusts if you're using both Ulmia and Joachim, since they will swap songs for any fickle reason.

RIP Cornelia

You need to reset your trusts when they run out of MP every 5 or 6 fights.

Ulmia doesnt stop doing double march unless your party is sitting at ultra low MP for more than 2 minutes.

Resetting your trusts is easy, you can make a macro to automatically do it using the /retr command.
By soralin 2019-04-23 14:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
You don't really need that much acc for CPing though. I think the hardest place which is Ra'kazner Inner court need like 1350-1400. Stuff like Dho and Moh gates is pretty low since AGI nerf a while back. Probably like 1150 caps, maybe. Trusts should easily hit that.

You need about 1250 in most Gates zones.

Ayame is a bit low, she does need about +100 acc from buffs. Marine Stewpot is the easiest and most braindead way to get her up there, Joachim's Madrigal + Uka's quickstep is also effective.

Dont forget Koru-Moru also applies Distract II!