Sch - 1 Macro SCs (How?)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Sch - 1 Macro SCs (How?)
Sch - 1 Macro SCs (How?)
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-07-02 19:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I am have no idea how to set up a macro that would cause an Sch to SC all in 1 macro. Is there anyway to do this?

This is NOT working:

/ja "Immanence" <me> <Wait 1>
/p Opening fusion.
/ma "Fire" <t> <Wait 4>
/ja "Immanence" <me> <Wait 1>
/ma "Thunder" <t>
/p Closing Fusion

Thank you, Senaki~
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-02 19:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My macros are identical, except

<wait1> no space

Which part of your macro is messing up, is it immediate or after a certain line etc
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-07-02 19:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

<wait> = <wait1>
It's probably running into a timing conflict between fire and the second immanence.
Or the spaces in <wait> are *** up the entire chain.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-02 19:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better to break the SC into two separate macros, for flexibility, control, etc. Spells will get interrupted/lag, you may want to open or close the SC with a DD or another SCH, you may want to adjust the spell timings on the fly, etc.

Also, a lot of people don't realize this, but if you close your SC w/ Helix, the MB window is extended by quite a bit. So Ionohelix instead of Thunder to close Fusion, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-02 19:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
It's better to break the SC into two separate macros, for flexibility, control, etc. Spells will get interrupted/lag, you may want to open or close the SC with a DD or another SCH, you may want to adjust the spell timings on the fly, etc.

Also, a lot of people don't realize this, but if you close your SC w/ Helix, the MB window is extended by quite a bit. So Ionohelix instead of Thunder to close Fusion, etc.

Is that true? Also the reason a lot of people don't do it (if it is true) is because they don't have enough fast cast to pull it off.

Used to see death fails pretty often since they had to close with helix
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-07-02 20:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
My macros are identical, except

<wait1> no space

Which part of your macro is messing up, is it immediate or after a certain line etc

It fails right away, everything just tries to activate at once.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-02 20:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With the spaces removed it should work fine....

...assuming no lag. Lag will always mess it up.

Also, if you swap gear (staves) and blink, the sc will not show up in chat
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-07-02 20:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

<wait> isn't case sensitive is it? I've always used all lower case. Not at the game to test atm though.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2018-07-02 20:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

/p <starting x type skillchain>
/ja "Immanence" <me> <wait2>
/ma "Stone II" <t> <wait6>
/p <ending x type skillchain>
/ja "Immanence" <me> <wait1>
/ma "Aero II" <t>

I've been using this framework forever with very few issues, I use slightly longer waits because I'm tripleboxing on a fairly poor connection and I find it helps with lag.

I also have Immanence individually macroed so I can handle any failures or try to salvage an sc if a dd goes in the middle, and always call out when the sc closes because I blink from stave swap and it doesn't show up for a lot of people.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-07-12 12:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
send_command('input /p ** Scholar: Starting Fusion Skillchain!; input /ja "Immanence" <me>;wait 1; input /ma "Fire" <t>;wait 4; input /ja "Immanence" <me>;wait 1; input /ma "Thunder" <t>; input /p ** Scholar: Closing Fusion Skillchain!; wait 4; input /p **[[ Fusion Created ]]**')

Code
send_command('input /p ** Scholar: Starting Distortion Skillchain!; input /ja "Immanence" <me>;wait 1; input /ma "Luminohelix" <t>;wait 7; input /ja "Immanence" <me>;wait 1; input /ma "Stone" <t>; input /p ** Scholar: Closing Distortion Skillchain!; wait 4; input /p **[[ Distortion Created ]]**')

Code
send_command('input /p ** Scholar: Starting Fragmentation Skillchain!; input /ja "Immanence" <me>;wait 1; input /ma "Blizzard" <t>;wait 4; input /ja "Immanence" <me>;wait 1; input /ma "Water" <t>; input /p ** Scholar: Closing Fragmentation Skillchain!; wait 4; input /p **[[ Fragmentation Created ]]**')

Code
send_command('input /p ** Scholar: Starting Gravitation Skillchain!; input /ja "Immanence" <me>;wait 1; input /ma "Aero" <t>;wait 4; input /ja "Immanence" <me>;wait 1; input /ma "Noctohelix" <t>; input /p ** Scholar: Closing Gravitation Skillchain!; wait 4; input /p **[[ Gravitation Created ]]**')

I used packets to time windows so the window is open for this series of spells porperly that I am aware of. (Ofcourse as mentioned, lag and such.)

Adjust accordingly.

Just dissect it to use in macro.
EDIT: Added all four.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-07-12 13:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

The thing is, due to the penalty for repeated same element nukes, that longer MB window is often not terribly helpful anyway since your 3rd nuke in a MB window is going to be crap regardless (especially with multiple players nuking). It also makes it somewhat more likely that your mages will be used to the more typical non-Helix Immanence SCs and accidentally waste a more powerful nuke by casting slightly too early on first spell of a MB (which outweighs the benefit of tacking on some weakened 3rd nuke in a single SC window).

Not an issue if you're doing something like a SCH solo. Or maybe MBing with a single BLM who is used to the SCH and expects the longer SC window and initial SC startup time... but I normally don't find it worthwhile to bother with in most party MB settings.

Personally, when I'm on BLM it tends to irritate me when I run into a SCH who uses the longer startup, because it's harder for me to time nukes based on watching the Immanence spellbook animation (which works like a charm for the more standard non-Helix SCs).
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-12 17:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

With capped FC + Grimoire casting time pieces, Helix I should be almost insta-cast.

And the longer window allows multiple MB'ers to space their nukes out further to negate some of the resist wall. Don't need to squeeze 3 MBs/per in there necessarily.