Random Politics & Religion #34

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 133 134 135
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 17:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Huh. So this whole Booker thing just got more confusing. Apparently he's going on and on about how he's violating Senate rules to bring forth these confidential materials... only for us to find out that they were actually cleared for release?

In other words, the whole thing is a political publicity stunt to make him look like some kind of rebel hero even though he only acted after getting clearance. Instead of the typical political move of doing something wrong and fervently denying it, he did something by the book and is fervently trying to convince people that he did something wrong.

It's the political equivalent of legitimately borrowing your mom's car and then telling all your friends that you took it without permission. What a cool dude this Booker is.

I don't think anyone knew they had been cleared this morning, including the GOP senators that were slamming him. It took a while for the media to pick up on it as well. The one that actually "broke the rules" was the Hawaiian senator.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-06 17:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Huh. So this whole Booker thing just got more confusing. Apparently he's going on and on about how he's violating Senate rules to bring forth these confidential materials... only for us to find out that they were actually cleared for release?

In other words, the whole thing is a political publicity stunt to make him look like some kind of rebel hero even though he only acted after getting clearance. Instead of the typical political move of doing something wrong and fervently denying it, he did something by the book and is fervently trying to convince people that he did something wrong.

It's the political equivalent of legitimately borrowing your mom's car and then telling all your friends that you took it without permission. What a cool dude this Booker is.

I don't think anyone knew they had been cleared this morning, including the GOP senators that were slamming him. It took a while for the media to pick up on it as well. The one that actually "broke the rules" was the Hawaiian senator.

I haven't heard much about the Hawaiian senator, but this notion that they were willing to stake their spots on the Senate to reveal some lame emails is an absolute crock. It just confirms that this whole confirmation hearing is nothing but a circus, and it's that way by design. It's crap like that that made me lose faith in government long ago.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 18:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My question was why were they being concealed in the first place. I read them, there was nothing sensitive, top secret, classified, no relation to national security, so why the scrum over releasing them? What is the WH trying to hide?
By Nausi 2018-09-06 18:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Still waiting vic.

Did you steal my line again? I don't think anyone knows or cares what you are waiting for. But I guess you gave up on your wiretaps conspiracy theory?
Nah you just gave up trying to ignore it.
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 18:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting vic.

Did you steal my line again? I don't think anyone knows or cares what you are waiting for. But I guess you gave up on your wiretaps conspiracy theory?
Nah you just gave up trying to ignore it.

It never happened :)
By Nausi 2018-09-06 18:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So you’re back to saying he wasn’t surveiled or he never loved at the tower?
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 18:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I never moved off of the stance that you can't prove Manafort was wiretapped while living at Trump Tower.
By Nausi 2018-09-06 18:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I never moved off of the stance that you can't prove Manafort was wiretapped while living at Trump Tower.
Yeah, you’re really winning the argument insisting that he was under surveillance and living at Trump tower but somehow that surveillance wouldn’t include trump tower.

Sherlock holmes look out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-06 18:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My question was why were they being concealed in the first place. I read them, there was nothing sensitive, top secret, classified, no relation to national security, so why the scrum over releasing them? What is the WH trying to hide?

I don't recall you ever being in a fuss about concealed emails before now. *cough*
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-06 18:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't heard much about the Hawaiian senator, but this notion that they were willing to stake their spots on the Senate to reveal some lame emails is an absolute crock. It just confirms that this whole confirmation hearing is nothing but a circus, and it's that way by design. It's crap like that that made me lose faith in government long ago.

They are doing a hail mary in the hopes of buying time until after the November election. It's a super long shot tactic because not only would they need to delay confirmation until post November, but also win a majority in the senate during the November election.

This is important because the Supreme Court overseas the senate trial on impeachments. So the most remote of remote plans for them to remove President Trump gets sunk if he gets confirmed to the Supreme Court. Plus this would permanently add another few decades to the Democrats progressive communist state plan forcing them to lose out on another opportunity to have permanent power.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-06 18:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you’re really winning the argument insisting that he was under surveillance and living at Trump tower but somehow that surveillance wouldn’t include trump tower.

Lets not kid ourselves, the Democrats used their extensive influence in government to conduct illegal surveillance of candidate Trump and his associates and passed along that information to the Clinton campaign. There was all sorts of inappropriate relationships between the DNC and several key government officials along the majority of government workers being card carrying freedom fighters Democrats.
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 18:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No kid, you can't even prove Manafort was being "surveilled" while living at Trump Tower. This isn't an argument, this is your inability to prove yet another one of your conspiracies.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-06 19:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lets not kid ourselves,
Proceeds to kid self
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 19:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Nike is doubling down and giving Kaep his own shoe and clothing line, I'm sure they will both do well.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-06 19:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Op-Ed piece from two White House insiders

the-onion-has-chosen-to-publish-an-anonymous-op-ed

And in Tech news, to fight the accusation that Facebook is an intolerant mono-culture.

facebook-employee-group-aims-to-promote-political-diversity
By Nausi 2018-09-06 20:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Alex Jones has been disciplined by Twitter again, this time permanently.
And just think, just yesterday the CEO testified before congress that he didn’t ban people over politics.

Im sure the ban today was entirely unrelated.

The absolute state of the left!
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 20:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Alex Jones has been disciplined by Twitter again, this time permanently.
And just think, just yesterday the CEO testified before congress that he didn’t ban people over politics.

Im sure the ban today was entirely unrelated.

The absolute state of the left!

Maybe post the reasons he was banned? Nah, thats too hard for you.
By Nausi 2018-09-06 20:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No kid, you can't even prove Manafort was being "surveilled" while living at Trump Tower. This isn't an argument, this is your inability to prove yet another one of your conspiracies.
You have he reasoning of a toddler bro.

You aren’t even offering up any alternative plausible explanation. Youre just sticking your fingers in your ears and insisting “you can’t make me connect these dots”.

It’s truely pathetic, but its good for a laugh.
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 20:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I challenged you to prove one of your conspiracy theories, and you have not provided one iota of evidence. I don't need to offer a single "alternative" to a fake theory. People don't ever have to disprove conspiracies. It didn't happen :)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-06 20:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Goes well with nikes
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-06 20:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I challenged you to prove one of your conspiracy theories, and you have not provided one iota of evidence. I don't need to offer a single "alternative" to a fake theory. People don't ever have to disprove conspiracies. It didn't happen :)
I did prove it. They surveiled him and he lived at trump tower. How ignorant does one have to be to not observe those two facts?

Lets see.

1) did they surveil him?
2) did he live at trump tower?

Keep flailing, you’re only fooling yourself.
By Nausi 2018-09-06 21:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep and witter banned alex jones on a completely unrelated issue.

“Nothing to see here folks”.

It's thoroughly amusing.
By Nausi 2018-09-06 21:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

But trump totally colluded with Russia.

And is insane and should be removed via he 25th amendment because he drinks 12 diet cokes a day

And there’s an N-word tape somewhere

And the economy isn’t growing at 4.2%

And black unemployment isn’t at historic lows.

And the norks really have been testing nukes all this time

And unemployment isnt at a 50 year low.
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 21:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I did prove it. They surveiled him and he lived at trump tower. How ignorant does one have to be to not observe those two facts?

Lets see.

1) did they surveil him?
2) did he live at trump tower?

Keep flailing, you’re only fooling yourself.

When did they surveil him? What time period? Where was he? What property? You have not proven anything. Literally nothing. You have made statements, thats not proving something.
By Viciouss 2018-09-06 21:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And lol at trying to use the 2nd quarter growth, which is ALWAYS high, to pass it off as that's what the economy is at. Rav tried that when the report came out, it didn't work. The annual growth will finish in the same area as last year, it might touch 3% if everything goes right and Trump doesn't *** anything up with his failing tariffs.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-06 21:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

50 year unemployment lows? - Close no cigar.
4.2% GDP growth? - For one quarter hella yes.
Record minority employment? - Record employment lifts all boats.
Denuclearized North Korea? - In what alternative universe or comic book?
More favorable trade deals? - You wish.
Record stock market gains? - Give the corporations free money and that's what happens.
Worker wage growth? - Flat-lined at best. Since 2001 in RL $ negative.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-06 22:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep and witter banned alex jones on a completely unrelated issue.

“Nothing to see here folks”.

It's thoroughly amusing.
The GOP met Jones.

Suddenly they understand.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-06 22:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Justice Dept. Demands Millions of North Carolina Voter Records, Confounding Elections Officials
NYTimes

TLDR: ICE Demands All North Carolina's Voter Ballots. Is That Bad, Or Is It UTTERLY TERRIFYING?
Wonkette
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-06 23:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see now why you gave a + to the tinfoil hat picture. You're in the market for one.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-07 06:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I see now why you gave a +

+s are serious business
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 133 134 135