Random Politics & Religion #34

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 133 134 135
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-08-06 13:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
“well japan attacked first”

YouTube Video Placeholder

Speakin' a NUKES it's August 6th! happy anniversary of Hiroshima
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-06 13:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I’ll reword the idea for you Rav.

Most countries commit atrocities and/or genocides in human history, yours and mine included.

The dangerous part is when a citizen starts viewing their history or countries’ atrocities as justified and somehow less atrocious. That is brainwashing and that kind of closed minded thinking causes more atrocities perpetuated.

It’s all inexcusable. Period. It doesn’t matter if “Well the Indians fought between themselves anyway” or “well japan attacked first” regarding concentration camps or atomic weapons.

Yes and no. There have been many times in history where war was practically synonymous with survival. If someone is actively trying to destroy you, you are absolutely justified in waging war. War is a very complicated thing, though, and you will never get out of it without doing something that will be frowned upon by the bleeding heart crowd.
War is not something I listed as an atrocity to be ashamed of, and is unrelated to my point.

It only becomes an atrocity if you resort to genocide, weapons of mass destruction, chemical warfare, slavery etc etc

And some cultures don't share your opinion on what constitutes an atrocity.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-08-06 13:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

its the radiation that gave us final fantasy and ffxiah

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-08-06 13:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The Japanese Tampon Named for Anne Frank

jewniverse said:
Remember how candidly Anne Frank described getting her period in her famous diary?

“I can hardly wait,” she wrote. “It’s such a momentous event. Too bad I can’t use sanitary napkins but you can’t get them anymore, and Mama’s tampons can be used only by women who’ve had a baby.”

For Japanese readers in the 1960s, Anne’s enthusiasm so compellingly shattered a cultural taboo that not only did the first day of menstruation get the moniker “Anne’s Day,” but a tampon company released a tampon called—yes, exactly as you feared: Anne.

As a recent article in Tablet‘s print edition reminds us, the Japanese fascination with Anne Frank is not all menstrual. And as Alain Lewkowicz, a French Jewish journalist details in his interactive iPad application “Anne Frank in the Land of Manga,” the murdered Dutch girl represents something the Japanese are looking for: historical absolution.

“She symbolizes the ultimate World War II victim,” Lewkowicz told JTA. “And that’s how most Japanese consider their own country because of the atomic bombs — a victim, never a perpetrator.”

The “Anne” tampon was perhaps the earliest example of what Japanese literary scholar Norihiro Kato called the “cuteification” of Anne Frank, and of Japanese history. “It has neutralized issues that are too painful to deal with by rendering them purely aesthetic, and harmless — by making them ‘cute.’”

“Cute” isn’t exactly the word we’d use to describe the tampons, but we do appreciate a good history lesson.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-06 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
You cannot just remove gender from the mix because it doesn’t fit your narrative. Theres an age term for adults too, its called teleiophillia, people who are primarily attracted to adults aren’t attracted to them regardless of their gender. That’s not how it works.
Pleebo's argument only works if one is attracted to children in general and doesn't have a gender preference. Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that that is probably not the case for most pedos.
Naturally you guys dismiss evidence based reasoning in favor of your own personal feeling that you're correct.
It's not a huge logical leap to call a grown man who is attracted to only boys a homosexual.
The EXACT point is that this isn't the normal case. It's *** like what you're arguing that to this day still help fuel the idea that gay guys cant be trusted with kids despite that idea being widely discredited for a while now. But hey you think it triggers the libs to passively defend bigotry so it's all worth it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-06 14:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You cannot just remove gender from the mix because it doesn’t fit your narrative. Theres an age term for adults too, its called teleiophillia, people who are primarily attracted to adults aren’t attracted to them regardless of their gender. That’s not how it works.
Pleebo's argument only works if one is attracted to children in general and doesn't have a gender preference. Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that that is probably not the case for most pedos.
Naturally you guys dismiss evidence based reasoning in favor of your own personal feeling that you're correct.
It's not a huge logical leap to call a grown man who is attracted to only boys a homosexual.
The EXACT point is that this isn't the normal case. It's *** like what you're arguing that to this day still help fuel the idea that gay guys cant be trusted with kids despite that idea being widely discredited for a while now. But hey you think it triggers the libs to passively defend bigotry so it's all worth it.

Your rant demonstrates that you are completely missing the EXACT point. Also, if you have actual data to back up the frequency of gender neutral pedos vs. ones with gender preference, please provide it.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-08-06 14:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone make an Enola Gay and Little Boy joke yet or do i have to do it
[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-06 14:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
“well japan attacked first”

Speakin' a NUKES it's August 6th! happy anniversary of Hiroshima

The Japanese !

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-06 14:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't miss any point. You're arguing against widely accepted psychology based on nothing other than you're own animosity towards anything remotely resembling a liberal platform. It's not. It's a conclusion that goes back at least 20 years.

That link was full of studies show no link and even a list of studies used to argue for a link but cited erroneously. Whether or not they're easily accessible is another thing.
By fonewear 2018-08-06 14:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ll reword the idea for you Rav.

Most countries commit atrocities and/or genocides in human history, yours and mine included.

The dangerous part is when a citizen starts viewing their history or countries’ atrocities as justified and somehow less atrocious. That is brainwashing and that kind of closed minded thinking causes more atrocities perpetuated.

It’s all inexcusable. Period. It doesn’t matter if “Well the Indians fought between themselves anyway” or “well japan attacked first” regarding concentration camps or atomic weapons.

Yes and no. There have been many times in history where war was practically synonymous with survival. If someone is actively trying to destroy you, you are absolutely justified in waging war. War is a very complicated thing, though, and you will never get out of it without doing something that will be frowned upon by the bleeding heart crowd.
War is not something I listed as an atrocity to be ashamed of, and is unrelated to my point.

It only becomes an atrocity if you resort to genocide, weapons of mass destruction, chemical warfare, slavery etc etc

Actually Donny most wars are over land disputes but. Since most of Canada is not habitable. You wouldn't know what war is good for !

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-06 14:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't miss any point. You're arguing against widely accepted psychology based on nothing other than you're own animosity towards anything remotely resembling a liberal platform. It's not. It's a conclusion that goes back at least 20 years.

That link was full of studies show no link and even a list of studies used to argue for a link but cited erroneously. Whether or not they're easily accessible is another thing.

One, yup, you still missed the point.

Two, I'm not looking for a rabbit hole of psychology opinions (some of which have an agenda, as was pointed out). I'm looking for statistics. Clearly someone with such an outspoken opinion on the veracity of these claims would be able to provide a simple ballpark percentage....
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-08-06 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Actually Donny most wars are over land disputes but. Since most of Canada is not habitable. You wouldn't know what war is good for !

if only countries could settle their differences like Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan
[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-06 14:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to say that war is necessary but if if that song isn't catchy and fun as hell !
By fonewear 2018-08-06 14:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it that song is catch *

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2018-08-06 14:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You know that tribe that existed but you've never heard of it? That's right, because it was annihilated and no record of it exists.

Not true, I found it. They were called Quest. Here's a record of their existance.

[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-06 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
You know that tribe that existed but you've never heard of it? That's right, because it was annihilated and no record of it exists.

Not true, I found it. They were called Quest. Here's a record of their existance.

Man that takes me back why can't rap still be like that !
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-06 15:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll cry agenda whenever it suits you because it's easier than formulating an actual argument. It's a list of peer-reviewed studies most of which are probably behind a pay wall but contain the analysis you're asking for. If you're looking to get spoon fed, then well lolno.
By Nausi 2018-08-06 15:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
He's an idiot and a nutjob though. Who listens to and believes in what he has to say that isn't also completely deranged?
What harm comes from letting a nutjob be a nutjob? CJ is his own worst enemy here.
By Nausi 2018-08-06 15:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Today the collective internet conglomerates have effectively censored the political speech of Alex Jones.

The left is not compatible with the idea of free speech one bit.

Social Media Companies are not the government, it’s not a free speech issue.
This is the dumbest thing ive read all day.

Just because it’s not the government censoring it does not mean it isn’t an issue of free speech.
By Nausi 2018-08-06 15:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll cry agenda whenever it suits you because it's easier than formulating an actual argument. It's a list of peer-reviewed studies most of which are probably behind a pay wall but contain the analysis you're asking for. If you're looking to get spoon fed, then well lolno.
97% of scientists say global warming’s real too yo!
“Muh consensus”
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-06 15:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't need to be reminded how little you know about climate change.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-06 15:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't need to be reminded how little you know about climate change.
I know so much more than you do.

I mean you still think it isn't a scam.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-06 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's your support for saying that homosexuals are more likely to be child predators btw?
By Nausi 2018-08-06 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's your support for saying that homosexuals are more likely to be child predators btw?

Simple logic.

The % of people who are gay men is somewhere less than 4%
The percentage of child sexual assault that is male/male is higher than 4%. I dont have a statistic to point to, but I’m pretty lazy rigt now. I would literally bet 1000 bucks on it.

Therefore it can be argued that a small minority of the population is disproportionately inclined to commit this type of crime.

(Kinda like how black and latino people are statistically more proportionate to commit violent crime.)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-06 16:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

LOOOOOL ok man you got me. A $1000 IOU is just the proof I needed. I'm convinced!
[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-06 16:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

LOOOOOL ok man you got me. A $1000 IOU is just the proof I needed. I'm convinced!
Are you arguing that male/male is less than 4% of child sex crimes?
By Viciouss 2018-08-06 16:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We immediately established he made it up and there would be no support. And there wasnt.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 133 134 135