Random Politics & Religion #34

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 133 134 135
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-18 17:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

besides that he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice- there's a bit of a difference between a rape/sexual assault allegation and copping a consensual BJ from some fatty.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-18 18:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

PAGED
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-18 18:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
besides that he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice- there's a bit of a difference between a rape/sexual assault allegation and copping a consensual BJ from some fatty.

The fact that you and Vic thought I was talking about Lewinski does more to enhance my point than anything else could. Thanks, guys.
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 18:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad your jab at Ford's credibility fell flat.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-18 18:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ignoring Saevel's fantasies, pretty sure Mrs. Ford wants to ensure she is safe when testifying to Congress, and I wouldn't consider a public hearing with the guy that committed the sexual assault sitting a few chairs down the safest environment. We are already seeing Senators say a private hearing might be first up. Its only Tuesday, plenty of time to make sure this is done right. They already delayed the vote which was supposed to happen next Thursday. She will certainly testify, and nothing is "backfiring."

I had to keep reminding myself while reading your post that you are 100% serious. If I'm supposed to ignore Saevel's fantasies, why should I embrace yours?

Because I am relaying actual facts and Saevel is just making ***up. Oh, thats not the guy I knew when I met him in his 30s! Thats nice. You didn't attend the alchohol infested school that oozed a rape culture either, so at least there is that.

How in the hell do you know what happened? You are in the same boat as us as you have no clue if she is telling the truth or not. You say you are relaying facts but your just regurgitating hearsay. You have no clue if this ever happened or not, That's what makes you look foolish and super partisan. I am not saying it didn't happen and I am also not saying it did, I like you, have no damn clue.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-18 18:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that you and Vic thought I was talking about Lewinski does more to enhance my point than anything else could. Thanks, guys.

would you like to share your point with the class and how it's relevant to Kavanaugh
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-18 18:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i didn't realize Clinton's supreme court nominees Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Stephen Breyer were accused of sexual assault my bad
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-18 18:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

would you like to share your point with the class and how it's relevant to Kavanaugh

Start with the Wiki.

Pay particular attention to Juanita Broaddrick. Note how, like with Kavanaugh's accuser, one of the major points of discrediting her was her inability to recall the exact date of the assault.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-18 18:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Start with the Wiki.

Pay particular attention to Juanita Broaddrick. Note how, like with Kavanaugh's accuser, one of the major points of discrediting her was her inability to recall the exact date of the assault.

ok thats fair
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 18:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

How in the hell do you know what happened? You are in the same boat as us as you have no clue if she is telling the truth or not. You say you are relaying facts but your just regurgitating hearsay. You have no clue if this ever happened or not, That's what makes you look foolish and super partisan. I am not saying it didn't happen and I am also not saying it did, I like you, have no damn clue.

Lol, cute. I was relaying facts about the current situation. People here seem to think the case is falling apart and its not. She is going to testify, the vote has been postponed with no scheduled date as of now. I didn't say anything about her story the way others have been trying to. Maybe next time try reading.
By fonewear 2018-09-18 19:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys can’t even find a supreme pizza let alone a Supreme Court
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 19:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

See guys crisis averted..
Mrs. Ford sends letter to GOP asking for FBI investigation before hearing

Quote:
The woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault says the FBI should investigate the incident before senators hold a hearing on the allegations.
In a letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, and obtained by CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," Christine Blasey Ford's attorneys argue that "a full investigation by law enforcement officials will ensure that the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner, and that the Committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decisions."
The letter from Ford's lawyers notes that despite receiving a "stunning amount of support from her community," Ford has also "been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats" and has been forced to leave her home.

"We would welcome the opportunity to talk with you and Ranking Member Feinstein to discuss reasonable steps as to how Dr. Ford can cooperate while also taking care of her own health and security," the letter from Ford's lawyers said.
"What we're saying is there should be an investigation because that's the right thing to do," Ford's attorney Lisa Banks told Cooper.
"She is prepared to cooperate with the committee and with any law enforcement investigation," she added.

Fox News and the alt-right was up in arms because she hadn't publicly responded to the invite to publicly testify, well as it turns out, she did respond with a private letter.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-18 19:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, let's have a full-blown FBI investigation on an unprovable claim. If you were wondering if this whole thing was a delay tactic, there you go.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 19:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its probably going to happen. It might already be happening since Feinstein gave them the heads up a few weeks ago.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-18 19:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its probably going to happen. It might already be happening since Feinstein gave them the heads up a few weeks ago.

In your dreams, Vic.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-18 20:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Start with the Wiki.

Or where she was, or who was there, or how she got there, or any other detail, but gosh darn it she absolutely remembers that one guy who just happens to be the Supreme Court nominee of the man she considers worse then Hitler.

Without any of that critical information it's effectively impossible to investigate the veracity of the claim. How many parties where held during that time in that geographic region? How many possible people were involved who might of not only witnessed something but could clearly remember it? The Democrats learned their lesson from Anita Hill, see her story could be investigated, people could be interviewed and facts could be verified, which creates weakness's for the accusers. So instead they use an unverifiable allegation, then insist on it being verified first, knowing it can't be verified.

Like I said, weaponized Political Correctness.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 20:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In your dreams, Vic.

So you think the GOP is gonna say no? Good luck with that one.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-18 20:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In your dreams, Vic.

From what I read, they already are. And it sound like the FBI doesn't even want to take the case in the first place. The best you'll get is an enhance background evaluation (which wouldn't take nearly as long), but even that is no guarantee.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 20:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to share the info that you have read then, especially the FBI not "sounding like" they want to take the case. And don't try to quote Trump's stupid comment today.
By Zerowone 2018-09-18 20:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford-death-threats.html

That didn’t take long to start.
By Nausi 2018-09-18 20:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
(Expecting to derail a SJC confirmation at the last minute with a 35+ year old allegation)

Thats the ***!

Also ***, getting upity because Republicans wont fall for your desperate tricks.

It's their job to look into it, you don't like the timing fine, but don't act like tactics like these aren't used by republicans. Hell, they refused to have a SJC confirmation while Obama was president.
That was within their power, and even intended by the founders of the constitution.

This is not.
By Nausi 2018-09-18 20:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even comparable situations but ok lol. Also, there is nothing wrong with Mrs. Ford's credibility, attacking it is a lost cause. Probably why no one is doing it.
Vic is literally living inside a delusion. Can he tell us why she didn’t tell her parent or that her parents didn’t talk to anyone abot their daughter being sexually assaulted?
By Nausi 2018-09-18 20:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad your jab at Ford's credibility fell flat.
Jokes don’t get to set standards.
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 20:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even comparable situations but ok lol. Also, there is nothing wrong with Mrs. Ford's credibility, attacking it is a lost cause. Probably why no one is doing it.
Vic is literally living inside a delusion. Can he tell us why she didn’t tell her parent or that her parents didn’t talk to anyone abot their daughter being sexually assaulted?

lol, the class clown has arrived with his conspiracies.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-18 20:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You guys can’t even find a supreme pizza let alone a Supreme Court

i dont want all that ***on my pizza just gimme a pepperoni
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-18 20:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In your dreams, Vic.

From what I read, they already are. And it sound like the FBI doesn't even want to take the case in the first place. The best you'll get is an enhance background evaluation (which wouldn't take nearly as long), but even that is no guarantee.
The FBI doesn’t investigate rapes let alone uncorroborated accusations of ones.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-18 20:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Investigate what? The woman doesn’t even remember where it happened.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 20:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Source for this conspiracy theory? Or did you just make it up?
By Nausi 2018-09-18 20:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly then you can tell us where it happened, if he information is known.

We’ll all wait. Go ahead.
By Viciouss 2018-09-18 21:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly then you can tell us where it happened, if he information is known.

We’ll all wait. Go ahead.

You either have a source or you are lying. Looks like a lie to us all.

(nice try tho)
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 133 134 135