Seigan, Zanshin And Counter (stacking)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Seigan, Zanshin and Counter (stacking)
Seigan, Zanshin and Counter (stacking)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-20 15:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if Zanshin Counter, Seigan Counter, and Third Eye Counter rates can stack? I was messing around and started making a Tanking/Counter build and came up with this. Wondering if this works:

ItemSet 359590

Admittedly, some of these items I don't have yet.
This set caps DT at 50.
Cape is augmented with counter+10
Founders has PDT-5%
Amm -2 DT

If my math is correct, with capped Zanshin Gifts and merits, I'd have...
65% Zanshin rate = 16%~ base counter rate
W/Seigan active = 25% counter rate base from Seigan + 16% from Zanshin = 41% counter
If "Seigan: Counter" gear stacks with the base rate + zanshin rate = 65% Counter Rate with just Seigan active (10 from Ichi, 14 from head+1)

Add in the unique "Third Eye: Counter" Relic+3 legs and you have 117% counter rate with normal "counter" gear when Seigan+Third Eye is active.

If Third Eye drops, you have 82% counter rate in this set with Seigan active.

Does all of this gear stack for an absurdly high counter set or is there limits to it? I tried reading the references on the wiki and a few pages here where Seigan/Zanshin counters were discussed but those were prior to some of this gear coming out.

Edit: here was the only reference to there being a cap to counter gear, but that's only specific to normal counter+x gear. Doesn't mention if the SAM variants also apply to the cap.

Quote:
Equipment that says "Counter +X" gives an X% increase in Counter proc rate, before the accuracy check.
This trait caps at 80% (76% after accuracy check).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-09 02:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't have a parser to test counter rate, so I just stacked all of this gear and I use it in my tanking set. the counter returns are pretty amazing with third eye up and even when it drops. It's my go-to set for damage mitigation when I steal hate on SAM. I was looking for an NM that uses HUndred Fists multiple times to test it. I could cut and paste the data from logger to get a good idea of the counter rate, to see where it lies.

Asked a few people around and their guess was it does stack, which I would agree with from my own eyeballing, but that's not reliable enough to be dogmatic about it.
 Asura.Nitenichi
Server: Asura
user: camaroz
By Asura.Nitenichi 2018-07-09 07:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll do some testing this evening, I'd have to actually get that GK though. For now I'll use Kogara and run some tests until I get it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-09 09:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Koga is certainly better for this set anyways, so would be interesting to see if that stacks with the aforementioned set as well.

Quote:
Enhances "Third Eye" effect V provides the following:
Increases anticipation rate about 15%.
Increases the rate of counters by 25%

So counter+10 vs counter+25. The difference being, Koga is Third-Eye specific counter and Ichigohitofuri is Seigan-based counter, meaning the latter would produce higher proc results (and is easier to obtain) when it comes to countering, since Third Eye will not remain up fulltime of the time. Seigan will, unless dispelled.
 Asura.Nitenichi
Server: Asura
user: camaroz
By Asura.Nitenichi 2018-07-09 09:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, which I didnt want to skew any results. Doing the work thing now will test later on today.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Lowclock
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Lowclock
By Midgardsormr.Lowclock 2018-07-21 19:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The main thing that concerns me about this build is the lack of accuracy. This set only has like 1015 accuracy before buffs, which is going to hurt the counter rate a ton on anything that actually matters. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually lowers it beyond the base rate unless you were already getting excessive accuracy buffs anyways.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-07 12:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Lowclock said: »
This set only has like 1015 accuracy before buffs

Not true. I'm in this set right now with +2 body and I have 1076 acc. Add in +3 body and swap out Gelatinous for Patricius Ring and you're at 1092~ acc, which isn't too low. In reality, you can swap out Cryptic for Telos or something similar. You can also swap out the Amn Greaves for Kendatsuba+1, if Acc is really an issue. If you're at 1100 base, that's still workable for most content where counter sets would matter (Omen etc). On content that matters, you wouldn't really care to counter anything because you're practically dead the moment you take hate. This set just combines a key feature of countering vai Seigan/Third Eye and fills the rest in with DT, which is essentially a hybrid counter DT set. You still benefit in this set even if you don't counter, because you negate damage.