Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Phalanx + 102% SIRD Set
Phalanx + 102% SIRD Set
First Page 2 3 4
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2018-06-12 21:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some help trying to min max a phalanx + SIRD set(ignoring dark matter augments because, well, not likely to ever see such a thing)

What I would like to aim for is roughly the following:

ItemSet 347829

Which puts me at 62%.

If I augment all three pieces of Yorium with SIRD+10%, I can hit 92%, still putting me 10 short of cap.

I don't forsee myself ever obtaining a Moonlight necklace anytime soon due to supply and absurd costs, so I wouldnt bank on that option.

So, my primary option I am seeing here is to just swap out one of Souveran Hands or feet for Yorium instead when in combat, losing me +2 phalanx but putting me at capped SIRD.

But if anyone knows of a better route to go do let me know.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-06-12 23:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm.I think you're using basically everything you can without dropping phalanx potency. Too bad Souveran didn't have a SIRD path huh. That woulda been amazing.

Anyway. There is a way to hit that cap SIRD without losing phalanx+ but well....

I know you said you're ignoring them, but a DM phalax+5 aug on odyssean feet would get you 20% SIRD without dropping any phalanx+. Although it feels like a terrible waste to augment that on feet when souveran feet exist. I think that's pretty much the only way to hit cap with out dropping any of your current phalanx+.

So. A couple other more reasonable thoughts.

If you swapped out Yorium legs for Carmine+1, you'd drop 3 phalanx+ and 10% SIRD, but get +20% SIRD capping you. But you'd also get 18 enhancing skill, pushing you from 350 skill(assuming merits) to 368, passing the 358 skill tier and getting you back +1 phalanx.

This may seem like +/-0 compared to changing out souveran hands or feet, but consider the other stats on Souveran. Eff tons of HP, PDT, DT set bonus with hands+Feet. All things that are nice to have when you have a ton of mobs beating the crap out of you. And if you need SIRD, you probably do have a ton of mobs on you. Yorium hands/feet are.. less impressive that way.

Another option is to go from yorium legs to founders legs. Lose 3 phalanx and 10 SIRD to get 30 SIRD. Over capping you by 10% and giving you the option to adjust other slots. If you want this option to match the Carmine option then you need to use some of those slots to get at least +8 enhancing skill to hit the 358 skill tier. Could do it in a single minor slot at the cost of 5 SIRD, but well. Stikini+1. <,<;; A more reasonable alternative would be swapping the neck to Incanter's for +10 skill. Or you could do two NQ Stikini, but that'd cost you Dring, so eww.

There's also Souveran head+1, but it doesn't give you the leeway to add any enhancing skill, so it's gonna be straight up -3 phalanx. Excellent for maintaining HP during the cast though.

Also, I would suggest Impatiens -> Staunch tathlum. Same SIRD, 2% DT. May as well be tougher when you cast.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-12 23:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

spell interruption rate down
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-12 23:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People will most likely bring a moonlight necklace to you for 35~40m Supply is never really an issue. Server jumpers looking to make a buck all day every day.

Don't know if you still consider that absurd or not (I do)
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-06-13 02:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that these aren't very fun to farm, but dark rings and diamond rings from the Abyssea boxes can both have up to SIRD5% on them. If you can manage to get the HQ neck, one of those rings can bump you up to 102%.
[+]
By Meril1 2018-06-13 03:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

2 necklaces on ah for 28m, if that's expensive to you, you may wanna reconsider your goal.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-06-13 04:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You could get that 10% from merits
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-06-13 04:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I am just curious here buy why do you want/need this? Not trying to troll I just can't think of any content that requires it, if you have a brd or geo in group you probably have capped haste, full time reprisal and you won't get interrupted. If you have mass mobs on you for it to be an issue /run is prob the best sj for hate (or maybe blu) and /run gets aquaveil as well
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-13 04:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Meril1 said: »
2 necklaces on ah for 28m, if that's expensive to you, you may wanna reconsider your goal.

He's not on asura btw
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-13 04:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-13 04:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

He also has the merits.

You guys. are just not paying attention to ***today.

52% in gear, 10% in merits, (unstated if the cape has 10% SIRD)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-13 05:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SIRD merits are like the standard merits

I don't know anyone (except strictly mules that only play mage) that actually get enm +/-

and lol enemy crit rate
By Davorin 2018-06-13 05:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
(unstated if the cape has 10% SIRD)

That cape can't get an SIRD augment. It's definitely merits for that 10%, which yea, others seems to be missing...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-13 05:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it can, resin augs have SIRD

I assume he has (P)DT on it though.
By Davorin 2018-06-13 05:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
No, it can, resin augs have SIRD

I assume he has DT on it though.

It's a Weard Mantle with a phalanx augment, not Rudianos's.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-13 05:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Right right, I dont know the names of pld capes XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2018-06-13 21:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct.

10% Merits.

Yorium also can get 10% Sird, 3 phalanx.

So if I go 3x yorium, 2x Souv, I am at 92% Sird everything combined.

I didnt know Dark/diamond rings can roll Sird, that is actually very helpful to know. With a diamond ring and Moonlight neck it is indeed possible to cap Phalanx and SIRD without a dark matter augment then!

Thats awesome to know, but the moonlight neck is still pretty out there, since I dont want to drop like 30 million gil for 5% SIRD (though the other things on moonlight is nice, I just consider that necklace literally the last thing you should ever spend money on for PLD, so so so many things you should be buying first)
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2018-06-13 21:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Hmmmm.I think you're using basically everything you can without dropping phalanx potency. Too bad Souveran didn't have a SIRD path huh. That woulda been amazing.

Anyway. There is a way to hit that cap SIRD without losing phalanx+ but well....

I know you said you're ignoring them, but a DM phalax+5 aug on odyssean feet would get you 20% SIRD without dropping any phalanx+. Although it feels like a terrible waste to augment that on feet when souveran feet exist. I think that's pretty much the only way to hit cap with out dropping any of your current phalanx+.

So. A couple other more reasonable thoughts.

If you swapped out Yorium legs for Carmine+1, you'd drop 3 phalanx+ and 10% SIRD, but get +20% SIRD capping you. But you'd also get 18 enhancing skill, pushing you from 350 skill(assuming merits) to 368, passing the 358 skill tier and getting you back +1 phalanx.

This may seem like +/-0 compared to changing out souveran hands or feet, but consider the other stats on Souveran. Eff tons of HP, PDT, DT set bonus with hands+Feet. All things that are nice to have when you have a ton of mobs beating the crap out of you. And if you need SIRD, you probably do have a ton of mobs on you. Yorium hands/feet are.. less impressive that way.

Another option is to go from yorium legs to founders legs. Lose 3 phalanx and 10 SIRD to get 30 SIRD. Over capping you by 10% and giving you the option to adjust other slots. If you want this option to match the Carmine option then you need to use some of those slots to get at least +8 enhancing skill to hit the 358 skill tier. Could do it in a single minor slot at the cost of 5 SIRD, but well. Stikini+1. <,<;; A more reasonable alternative would be swapping the neck to Incanter's for +10 skill. Or you could do two NQ Stikini, but that'd cost you Dring, so eww.

There's also Souveran head+1, but it doesn't give you the leeway to add any enhancing skill, so it's gonna be straight up -3 phalanx. Excellent for maintaining HP during the cast though.

Also, I would suggest Impatiens -> Staunch tathlum. Same SIRD, 2% DT. May as well be tougher when you cast.

Yorium gear can get 10% SIRD, so I can just go from one piece of Souv to Yorium to lose 2 Phalanx and gain 10 SIRD.

However the note about dark rings above has me thinking twice about evanescence ring.

A dope Dark Ring with PDT and 5 SIRD on it is much better and I can wear two, putting me at 97% and adding more durability to the build.

So if anyone knows of anything that gives me more than 10% SIRD on waist, more than 5% on a ring, or more than 8% on earring from another source, do let me know because we're only 5% short of cap now without needing moonlight earring!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-13 21:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Choral_Roll
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2018-06-13 21:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
I am just curious here buy why do you want/need this? Not trying to troll I just can't think of any content that requires it, if you have a brd or geo in group you probably have capped haste, full time reprisal and you won't get interrupted. If you have mass mobs on you for it to be an issue /run is prob the best sj for hate (or maybe blu) and /run gets aquaveil as well

Cleaving.

Post deleted by User.
By Marootsoobootsu 2018-06-14 02:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
correct me if im wrong but doesn't phalanx+ gear only work when you actually have it equipped when you get hit and does nothing in precast/midcast (assuming you don't get hit) ?

and if what i said is true, then you'd be better off using other pieces in those slots etc

No, Phalanx+ gear only works if it's on when the spell is cast; once it's cast, you can remove it just fine.
[+]
By Taint 2018-06-14 06:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said: »
Sylph.Citrelautame said: »

Cleaving.

What kind of cleaving is going to outlast the duration of phalanx?

Worst case you put it back up between pulls.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2018-06-14 20:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
What kind of cleaving is going to outlast the duration of phalanx?

Worst case you put it back up between pulls.

Big pulls.

Let me be plain here, I dont like having my phalanx casts interrupted. There is no downside to capping SIRD and Phalanx at same time.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-14 20:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said: »
There is no downside to capping SIRD and Phalanx at same time.
Dropping 1000 HP to change to your phalanx set is a downside.

It may not be the worst set ever devised, but it's honestly just not needed most of the time. Cap phalanx potency and throw DT/HP in the remaining slots, you do cap FC right?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-14 20:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Investing in a Shabti body will give you some extra seconds on phalanx.

If the pulls are so large that a 3:20 spell will wear off mid cleave, then you can reliably make use of ramparts iron will instead of going for 102 in gear.

(changing merits for cleaving ezpz)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4