Xbox One Elite Controller Not Working. Help?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Xbox One Elite Controller Not Working. Help?
Xbox One Elite Controller Not Working. Help?
By Bedavere 2018-05-29 22:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate posting this cause i feel like its something simple.

So I've been around a few places looking for a solution. Got a new PC as of yesterday, installed the files off of PoL website. Non of them really clearly stated what they did to remedy the issue other than "Select Alternate Setup E" and it'll work. Which it hasn't so far.

(Also said try to update files, which i did, and it had no updates, did clean reinstall as well.)

-I checked the enable Gamepad on.
-Clicked "Alternate Setup E(E)"

Now, the controller tested out fine other than the "Menus" Under Directional Control Devices. SO, I enabled hat Switches and ok, that started working.

Now the Gamepad tested out ok, Yet I couldn't get the back triggers to work at all. (Yes XInput is enabled, it forces it on when you select (E).)

-Booted up ffxi, nothing worked, Gamepad wouldn't open anything respond to nothing whatsoever.

So, I guess basically, i am trying to figure out why the Triggers arent working, and why its testing in the Configuration Tool, but not in game.

Anyone been overwhelmed with this have any solution?
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-05-30 00:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

just bind your macros to the bumpers and your auto run button to the start button. you dont HAVE to have your macros on the triggers.
 Odin.Elmodfz
Server: Odin
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2018-05-30 03:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how my xbox 360 controller is set up. With the "menus" set up, you have to go into it and it says something like move the directional button and press button 1 or something. Hold the D-pad up, press A, and just follow it's instructions.

By DanielH 2018-05-30 06:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Had this problem with the normal version, have you tried installing the XBOX 360 Controller Drivers, for some reason that fixes it for me.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2018-05-30 07:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DanielH said: »
Had this problem with the normal version, have you tried installing the XBOX 360 Controller Drivers, for some reason that fixes it for me.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

^ this, for some reason it works way better than the M$ update autoinstall drivers, also a lot of people have an issue with having to configure the gamepad for another region ie: EU (can always configure it for all).

DirectX said: »
If you do set up a controller can you swap between keyboard and controller as you want to or do you have to lock into one or the other?

I'd say you should be fine but some have reported a fps drop from having a controller configured and not plugged in, not sure if that's been fixed but simply having it plugged in should fix that.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-06-26 19:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a controller and a kb. You can use them together freely. also with the charging cable you can just plug in a xbox one controller and not have to worry about it.