Returning player with a few questions
 Odin.Lumei
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: LumineV2
By Odin.Lumei 2018-05-15 15:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey folks,

Like many others, I came back to check out the current state of the game during the Return to Vana'diel event that started today. Unfortunately, I appear to have returned to a dead ls, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do.

My main goals are to finish up Rhapsodies, see about making progress on kenkonken (last I left the game, I was about 10k alex and a bit of therion ichor away), and maybe get in on a few rounds of 60 cap Ballista before the free time ends. Maybe I'll get hooked again and stay long term? Or maybe I'll just go back to poking at ERA once a month for my 75 cap nostalgia fix :V We'll see!

At any rate, I think I'm looking to do a world transfer. Does any server have an active pvp community? I seem to recall hearing that Fenrir was the ballista server, but I don't know if that is still or ever was true haha. If any LS could temporarily use a support / PUP main, I've got RDM GEO COR PUP THF and BLU all geared at 119; hit me up!
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-05-15 16:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

as someone who's been on fenrir for awhile, i have never heard of pvp matches here. im not saying they dont happen, but there are no shouts for it. as for populated servers, it seems the big kid on campus is asura, but there are arguements both for and against going there. yes more ppl, but more trolls and longer wait time on instanced stuff. there should be a few threads you can look at for server info, but pvp.. no. only did it once myself =D good luck
[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-05-15 17:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know if PVP is super active on any server, but logic would dictate that if youre interested, youd want to move to where there are people to fight against.(Asura being the biggest) Maybe start it back up or look for existing groups. Im sure there are people who'd join for a change of pace.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-15 17:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
I dont know if PVP is super active on any server, but logic would dictate that if youre interested, youd want to move to where there are people to fight against.(Asura being the biggest) Maybe start it back up or look for existing groups. Im sure there are people who'd join for a change of pace.
Or quad box and pvp yourself :0 aka playing with yourself :)
[+]