FFXI Mobile Screenshots Surface...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Mobile screenshots surface...
FFXI Mobile screenshots surface...
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 08:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I don't see them shutting down FFXI for this...outside of Japan I don't see a big interest in this.

Also of note that FFXI has been highly profitable the game basically has no new content and people still play it.
True statement.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-05-14 09:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

if the game is nexen version is F2P then its going to be a pay to win type game i think

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-14 10:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Also of note that FFXI has been highly profitable the game basically has no new content and people still play it.
While I completely agree and acknowledge that it basically costs them nothing to run and it makes them money, this is SE and Japanese business we are talking about here. Irrationality is not uncommon in Japanese business decisions as of recent years, and nor do SE have a history of making entirely rational decisions.
I would suspect there are 20,000 live accounts (not all frequent players) at this point which makes them about $300,000 a month (avg $15). If only they had taken a lot of the sadism out years ago by adding Home Point warping in earlier and Mounts etc, they could have been making tons of money on the game.

That is one thing I don't understand about Japanese business. The unwillingness to change. It is like they force the issue instead of admitting they made a mistake.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-14 11:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That is one thing I don't understand about Japanese business. The unwillingness to change. It is like they force the issue instead of admitting they made a mistake.

when the historical context of a nation is built around a form of monarchy for thousands of years that isn't questioned, its not hard to see that mentality cross into all forms of leadership- they see themselves as simply "knowing better" because of their position.

compare that with a country built without a monarchy where the average man was assumed to have the same acumen as a King. We were framed from day one to believe that the view of the majority is the true King. And that transfers from government to business via "the customer is always right".

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-05-14 13:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone find the 2nd screenshot a bit ... odd? It looks like chocobos are running around inside San D'Oria. That one definitely looks like a staged pic, if not downright Photoshopped.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-14 19:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Anyone find the 2nd screenshot a bit ... odd? It looks like chocobos are running around inside San D'Oria. That one definitely looks like a staged pic, if not downright Photoshopped.

Only one that looks like gameplay is the bottom one, to be fair Nexon haven't' said anything about any of these images so they can't be accused of lying. People are just making their own stories up about what they are.

Worse case scenario is there are all in-game but it's an FFXIII esque on-rails game where the apparently expansive fields are just a corridor with beautifully rendered backgrounds

Sandy is a hub area/login screen.
By axetofall 2018-05-16 00:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks alright but I have no interest in playing this ***on a phone.
[+]