Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Lullaby duration
Lullaby duration
 Asura.Massacres
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: hamany9
By Asura.Massacres 2018-05-11 08:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does song effect duration affect lullaby duration? if it does then would it be better to use Aeonic instead of relic for lullaby? and what's the max duration possible for lullaby?
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2018-05-11 08:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

yes and yes and with all ja's its like 12mins + (a current playing bard can give you right time)
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-11 08:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Per this
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Lullaby

The second paragraph..

Lullabies are unique in that Duration equipment proves more useful than direct Lullaby equipment bonuses the majority of the time. Paired together, however, Lullaby can reach extremely high duration periods.
Wind Instruments have a fixed Area of Effect radius status when using Lullaby, but String Instruments can get an increased Area of Effect radius.
Horde Lullaby I and Horde Lullaby II's Area of Effect is based of of a player's total String Skill. Singing Skill has no effect on the radius. See the tables below for the values.
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
Server: Fenrir
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2018-05-11 10:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The maximum duration using ghorn or the +1 blurred harp will be in the neighborhood of 7:44 (sorry I don’t have the exact number in front of me but I know it was mid to high 7min) when paired with JAs SV, N/T, CC. Dropping the 1hrs and adding marcato will take off 1 min of duration. Leaving you around 6:44. Technically Marsaya should get you an extra 6 seconds over Ghorn or the +1 harp but at the great cost of MACC. The horn/harp are getting you 10% of the base duration x4.

Here is my current set (sorry it’s pulled from my lua and not from a gearset on here):
sets.midcast.Lullaby = {body="Fili Hongreline +1", hands="Brioso Cuffs +3"}
sets.midcast.SongDebuff = {main="Carnwenhan",
sub="Ammurapi Shield",
head="Brioso Roundlet +3",
body="Brioso Justau. +3",
hands="Brioso Cuffs +3",
legs="Inyanga Shalwar +2",
feet="Brioso Slippers +3",
neck="Mnbw. Whistle +1",
waist="Porous Rope",
left_ear="Regal Earring",
right_ear="Darkside Earring",
left_ring="Carb. Ring +1",
right_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'CHR+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','CHR+10','"Fast Cast"+10',}},
}

I am also of the belief that there is a cap to lullaby duration because swapping inyanga legs +2 for brioso +3 does not lower the duration in this set. After multiple tests swapping gear around I have never been able to get the number any higher. Maybe I’m missing something?
[+]
By Brynach 2018-05-11 10:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, while under N/T and SV/CC, you dont really have any concerns with losing macc, and should be using Marsyas. The max duration with Marsyas is 8:19 iirc.

This is what I use for duration:
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-05-11 10:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Foe Lullaby I prefer Aeonic, Horde I use Blurred +1, wider AoE at the cost of ~20 seconds if i recall
 Asura.Massacres
By Asura.Massacres 2018-05-11 12:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The maximum duration using ghorn or the +1 blurred harp will be in the neighborhood of 7:44 (sorry I don’t have the exact number in front of me but I know it was mid to high 7min) when paired with JAs SV, N/T, CC

Does clarion call affect duration?
 Asura.Massacres
By Asura.Massacres 2018-05-11 12:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So for albumen,you use NT lullaby to sleep first set, use revitalizer and redo for 2nd set, SV CC NT once you start zerg?
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
Server: Fenrir
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2018-05-11 12:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Massacres said: »
So for albumen,you use NT lullaby to sleep first set, use revitalizer and redo for 2nd set, SV CC NT once you start zerg?

For albu when we are not zerging I would NT the first set, Eseal the 2nd set, and then wipe on the 3rd. Then yes SV, CC, NT after weakness. This allows you to save revit for the 2nd set of sleeps during the kill.

Also yes CC does add to duration increased by job points. 40sec with 20/20.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-11 13:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The old (slow but safe) strategy we used to deply back during BLM strat was the following:

1) BRD pops NiTro at the Goblin NPC
2) BRD uses Super Revit
3) BRD buys another super Revit
4) BRD goes to the spawn point at #9 and the alliance leader pops
5) BRD still has NiTro up, sleeps the first bunch (Albumen pops with 4)
6) 2 minutes later 4 more pop. BRD has his cooldowns ready (see point 2) and sleeps them again
7) after 2 more mins third bunch pops, we wipe as fast as possible waking them all up with an AoE spell
8) We recover, unweak and by the time BRD cooldowns are ready again, BRD sleeps them all with NiTro+Marcato (or Soulvoice/Clarioncall Nitro, buffing all parties before doin that) while the tank Flashes Albumen and brings it away from the adds
9) 10-20 seconds before adds are about to wake, a BLM will Breakga on them, BRD will super revit and NiTro sleep them again
10) If you need even more sleeps, you will have to rely on Random Deal and/or Wild Card from a COR

I've tested Elemental Seal from /BLM several times, granted my gear back then was much worse (No AF1+3 etc) but it was just too unreliable. More often than not a single mandy would wake up before the others, completely *** up the strategy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-05-11 13:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're trying to play it safe and have the sets to do it i /blm (both the sets I've seem here are great) you can nitro first set, elemental seal the second wipe on 3rd quickly die. And by time you're ready nitro should be back up with SV.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-05-11 14:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Rng burn for albumen is pretty safe and fun
 Asura.Massacres
By Asura.Massacres 2018-05-12 21:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so while doing albumen as brd today, something very strange happened. I slept the first set of adds as soon as they poped "before they did their 2hrs", However, only 3 of them got hit with sleep, the 4th add didn't get hit with sleep even though they all were on top of each other. So we wiped and went again, And same thing happened 1 slept and 3 didn't get hit with sleep i'm not sure why. Should i wait a few seconds until they 2 hour then sleep?

When i checked the log, It didn't say that the mandies that didn't get slept RESISTED OR GOT SLEPT. So it's either i am sleeping them too soon or the aoe sleep didn't hit all 4 Which is impossible since they are on top of each other. Thoughts?

Btw i did use SV CC NT and even ES.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-12 21:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of us BRD sadly experienced what you're talking about at least once.
Casting lullaby too early might incur into what you're talking about, one of the 4 mandies won't be hit by the lullaby.
Casting too late of course generates another issue in that one of them (or more) might use their SP, generating a wipe.
You gotta find the right balance between too early and too late, it's not easy, it might take you a while.

One more tip I can give you is to make sure you pick, as your main target, one of the mandy adds. Do not cast Horde Lullaby with Albumen itself as main target.
 Asura.Massacres
By Asura.Massacres 2018-05-12 21:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the tip, actually waiting after the adds 2hr is not an issue, the tank will survive and i can be out of range til after they 2hr.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-05-12 23:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

btw if your doing albumen nitro is 100% macc so sleep is 100% land unless they still have lullaby on them and will cause you to get a resist what we do is mix a blue or a blm in the mix just for elemental seal breakga for all the lullaby to wear off then recast lullaby breakga is about a 30-60sec window to recast sleeps
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-03 13:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Most of us BRD sadly experienced what you're talking about at least once.
Casting lullaby too early might incur into what you're talking about, one of the 4 mandies won't be hit by the lullaby.
Casting too late of course generates another issue in that one of them (or more) might use their SP, generating a wipe.
You gotta find the right balance between too early and too late, it's not easy, it might take you a while.

One more tip I can give you is to make sure you pick, as your main target, one of the mandy adds. Do not cast Horde Lullaby with Albumen itself as main target.

There are several reasonable explanations. One is the claim delay. The fact that you slept them before their SP went off is a strong indication this was the case. Another possibility is that there was no sufficient spawn space for whatever reason (terrain mechanics, tank too close to NM, etc) and the add ended up moving out of AoE range.

When we do Albumen I prebuff the tank with Scherzo and Minne (however many you can stack without using SP). Nitro will make those songs last plenty long for getting to camp and popping. I then use my revitalizer and grab a new one. When we pop no one is in range. Instead we wait til our tank says mijin was used and then I run in to sleep. Just before popping I already have in flee (temp item) and nitro up for sleeping. And I always target the NM and have never missed sleeps. You don't need to be mastered and my gear was AF reforged up to +2, reforged +1 empy and +2 ambu gear, ghorn and NQ accessories. And I personally always target the NM unless the tank has died.
By Elazar1 2018-06-03 13:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If your brd is geared rite you can stand in range with out any problem, never ever need a sprinters drink to get there, and if they die that fast to him, replace your tank as they clearly suck.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-03 18:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
If your brd is geared rite you can stand in range with out any problem, never ever need a sprinters drink to get there, and if they die that fast to him, replace your tank as they clearly suck.

Sprinter's drink is not needed, but it gets you there that much faster. As for standing in range of mijin... simply not worth it even if your gear helps you withstand the damage.

Edit: the comment about the tank dieing was in reference to dieing toward the end of the battle (i.e. you took too many ppl to the fight and not everyone pulled their weight and now sh*t is hitting the fan and the adds are waking up).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [88 days between previous and next post]
By olson2189 2018-08-30 14:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried PM'ing Sammeh, but it's been a while without a response, so perhaps someone else who uses Sammeh's calculate_duration() code may know the answer to this. He uses the following snippet in that function:
Code
if buffactive.Troubadour then 
totalDuration = totalDuration + 20 -- Assuming 20 seconds for capped Troubodour and you actually pre-cast with a Bihu Justaucorps
end

As I understand it, Bihu Justaucorps only adds 20 seconds to the actual Troubadour buff, not to the song effect. So why is this piece of code necessary? I should add that the code works, down to the exact second, but I don't know why it works as this piece seems unnecessary.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-08-30 17:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely Troubadour doubling Lullaby Job points. Can't say for sure without seeing the rest of it though.
By olson2189 2018-08-30 22:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

He takes care of that in another spot for job points. Here's the full function:
Code
function calculate_duration(spell, spellMap)

local mult = 1
    if player.equipment.range == 'Daurdabla' then mult = mult + 0.3 end -- change to 0.25 with 90 Daur
    if player.equipment.range == "Gjallarhorn" then mult = mult + 0.4 end -- change to 0.3 with 95 Gjall
	if player.equipment.range == "Marsyas" then mult = mult + 0.5 end
	if spellMap == 'Lullaby' and player.equipment.hands == 'Blurred Harp +1' then mult = mult + 0.4 end

if player.equipment.main == "Carnwenhan" then mult = mult + 0.5 end -- 0.1 for 75, 0.4 for 95, 0.5 for 99/119
    if player.equipment.main == "Legato Dagger" then mult = mult + 0.05 end
    if player.equipment.main == "Kali" then mult = mult + 0.05 end
    if player.equipment.sub == "Kali" then mult = mult + 0.05 end
    if player.equipment.sub == "Legato Dagger" then mult = mult + 0.05 end
    if player.equipment.neck == "Aoidos' Matinee" then mult = mult + 0.1 end
	if player.equipment.neck == "Mnbw. Whistle +1" then mult = mult + 0.3 end 
    if player.equipment.body == "Fili Hongreline +1" then mult = mult + 0.12 end
	if player.equipment.legs == "Inyanga Shalwar +2" then mult = mult + 0.17 end
	if player.equipment.feet == "Brioso Slippers +3" then mult = mult + 0.15 end

if spellMap == 'Paeon' and player.equipment.head == "Brioso Roundlet" then mult = mult + 0.1 end
	if spellMap == 'Paeon' and player.equipment.head == "Brioso Roundlet +3" then mult = mult + 0.2 end
	if spellMap == 'Paeon' and player.equipment.head == "Brioso Roundlet +2" then mult = mult + 0.1 end
    if spellMap == 'Paeon' and player.equipment.head == "Brioso Roundlet +1" then mult = mult + 0.1 end
    if spellMap == 'Madrigal' and player.equipment.head == "Fili Calot +1" then mult = mult + 0.1 end
    if spellMap == 'Minuet' and player.equipment.body == "Fili Hongreline +1" then mult = mult + 0.1 end
    if spellMap == 'March' and player.equipment.hands == 'Fili Manchettes +1' then mult = mult + 0.1 end
    if spellMap == 'Ballad' and player.equipment.legs == "Fili Rhingrave +1" then mult = mult + 0.1 end
	if spellMap == 'Lullaby' and player.equipment.hands == 'Brioso Cuffs +3' then mult = mult + 0.2 end
    if spellMap == "Sentinel's Scherzo" and player.equipment.feet == "Fili Cothurnes +1" then mult = mult + 0.1 end

mult = mult + 0.05  --Because I'm master

mult = mult*2
    end

if spellMap == "Sentinel's Scherzo" then
        if buffactive['Soul Voice'] then
            mult = mult*2
        elseif buffactive['Marcato'] then
            mult = mult*1.5
        end
    end

local generalClass = get_song_class(spell)

--add_to_chat(8,'Info: Spell Name'..spell.name..' Spell Map:'..spellMap..' General Class:'..generalClass..' Multiplier:'..mult)

if spell.name == "Foe Lullaby II" or spell.name == "Horde Lullaby II" then 
		base = 60
	elseif spell.name == "Foe Lullaby" or spell.name == "Horde Lullaby" then 
		base = 30
	elseif spell.name == "Carnage Elegy" then 
		base = 180
	elseif spell.name == "Battlefield Elegy" then
		base = 120
	elseif spell.name == "Pining Nocturne" then
		base = 120
	elseif spell.name == "Maiden's Virelai" then
		base = 20
	end

if generalClass == 'SongEffect' then 
		base = 120
		totalDuration = math.floor(mult*base)		
	end

totalDuration = math.floor(mult*base)		

if string.find(spell.name,'Lullaby') then
		-- add_to_chat(8,'Adding 20 seconds to Timer for Lullaby Job Points')
		totalDuration = totalDuration + 20
	end

if buffactive['Clarion Call'] then
			-- Doubles Clarion Call Gain for 80 seconds
			totalDuration = totalDuration + 80
		else
			-- add_to_chat(8,'Adding 20 seconds to Timer for Clarion Call Job Points')
			totalDuration = totalDuration + 40
		end
	end

if buffactive['Tenuto'] then
		-- add_to_chat(8,'Adding 20 seconds to Timer for Tenuto Job Points')
	end

if buffactive['Marcato'] then
		-- add_to_chat(8,'Adding 20 seconds to Timer for Marcato Job Points')
	end

totalDuration = totalDuration + 20  -- Assuming 20 seconds for capped Troubodour and you actually pre-cast with a Bihu Justaucorps
	end

add_to_chat(8,spell.name..' duration: '..totalDuration..' seconds')

return totalDuration

end
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-08-31 07:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea it's troubadour doubling lullaby job points. With troubadour, Lullaby Job points get doubled from 20s to 40s. Clarion Call is similar 40s to 80s but that's accounted for.

The line you quoted previously makes up for the the extra duration lullaby job points get with troubadour.

He's actually fixed it here: https://github.com/SammehFFXI/FFXIAddons/blob/master/GearSwap/lullaby.lua

As well as SV blocking Marcato duration job points, being unable to Tenuto debuffs (Tenuto only affects songs casted on self).
By olson2189 2018-09-04 13:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yes that makes sense now, thanks. The comment was throwing me off - no idea why the comment makes mention of Bihu Justaucorps...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [961 days between previous and next post]
By Yzen 2021-04-22 05:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Any recommendations for updated lullaby DURATION set in 2021?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-04-22 05:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yzen said: »
Any recommendations for updated lullaby DURATION set in 2021?
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35597/you-spoony-guide-a-troubadours-libretto/57/#3561489