First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-12 17:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So conduit strats work.

Get Don to CS before "certain amount of time" then kill it during CS = No bonbs.

This was basically already known, but reiteration. Still requires 2 tanks, or maybe some cor/pld kiting shenanigans. Gravity/Bindga etc
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-05-12 17:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For low man duo w mule on D, we've just been doing PUP/PLD, SCH, GEO, BLU/RUN.

SCH AoE phalanx/regen, PUP deploys on WAR, flashes DRK (takes 0 forever, phalanx/regen)

BLU tanks/kills Don > Drk > War. Ignis/plfug bar for para, occulation the chainspell. Sch eats bombs, geo heals.

BOG frail/indifury entrust haste.

Trusts do useless trust things.
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2018-05-12 17:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Been spamming it all evening pretty much doing the Don zerg setup.

VD - Run/Sam/Blu/Whm(dboxed)/Brd(dboxed)/Geo(dboxed) - 8-9min in zone.

Strat:

Run goes in and uses Vallation to gain hate and run into any other corner but start.
Blu goes in and vokes Don and pulls to the start.
Brd goes in and sleeps the Run Goblin.

Tank using Battuta + Tumms mittens can basically hold the DRK and WAR goblin without doing anything. 3k+ HP is a must with regen incase they both use goblin bomb. Occasionally stona needed but can be resisted easy enough. Run shouldn't go crazy on hate. Just spamming Flash on the DRK occasionally.

Everyone else is zerging down Don before Chainspell ends (stopping baby bomber). Geo buffs was BoG Frail/ Indi-Vex and entrust Fury.

Once Don is dead, blu claimed the War goblin off the tank with voke (this was enough as little hate was gained on it). DDs then zerg down this goblin.

Run then brings Drk goblin to the start and dds go crazy on that.

Finally everyone zergs the run goblin!

Hope this helps. Was a very easy setup to spam.
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-13 01:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sanosuke said: »
Run shouldn't go crazy on hate. Just spamming Flash on the DRK occasionally.

Also just want to add that hate could be tricky with this setup that sometimes voke isn't enough, so using a DD run as 2nd DD means more consistent runs, since run can establish hate more easily and being tanky.

The RUN that holds ravager and deathbringer can go full DD as soon as ravager being pulled away from deathbringer.

So the setup would be something like:
RUN (tank with 3k hp, Lionheart access) RUN (full DD with Lionheart) DD or COR, GEO, BRD, RDM or WHM healer.

Maybe even brd can DD in this setup instead of having to focus on heal. And every member should stack to split bomb damage.

Here's another 5 min clear video using double run setup, the advantage of this setup is that it allows different dd job in 3rd slot instead of "RUN only".

If brd go DD instead of support a sub 5 min run should be doable with faster buff and engage speed.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-13 06:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In our group we had a few "OMG WTF" moments when we got to the BLM.
BLM appearently has a hate reset move (or simply ignores hate once Chainspell/Manafont get used)

That really made us worried because of the path he sometimes uses to go meet the Don, sometimes casting midway to that.
Thankfully no bad thing happened and appearently Don and BLM being close do not generate an Aura, at least as long as DRK and WAR are dead?

Not sure if there's a way to avoid that.

Oh and appearently the Don should be easy to Silence.
On VD I silenced it on RUN/WHM without even having a Midcast set for Enfeebling Magic. I basically landed Silence with my idle gear.
I was like WTF o.o
Maybe I got lucky, maybe you have higher chances if you do it during a specific moment (casting? TP move?) I don't know, sorry lol
 Asura.Scorched
user: Averel
By Asura.Scorched 2018-05-13 09:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM PLD GEO WHM COR BRD for VD

PLD held adds.
BRD slept the 3rd add that wasn't the ravager or deathbringer... can't remember its name.
SAM vokes Don at start and killed first. Only 2 bombers spawned by the time it was dead. WHM just stacks on Don and AoE healed and cure bombed SAM during Don's 1hour.

SAM pulled other goblins one by one off tank with weaponskilla (voke wasn't enough at this point).

Also note that the PLD can't run in and sentinel because you will not be able to get the Don off of your tank after that.

edit: Forgot to mention I have yet to see baby spawn first or second. Could be just luck, but it seems if you kill Don fast enough that your WHM doesn't have to die!
By Afania 2018-05-14 01:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
VD
Our kill order is Don > Ravager > Deathgringer > Incanter.
Incanter is slept, tank holds Ravager+Deathgringer with a max HP set, their double Goblin Bomb does 1036 + 1417 dmg.
DDs zerg down the Don asap in a corner. If you kill him before Chainspell's end you won't have to deal with Dirty Bomb (Needles) and Blasting Bomb (Dancing Fullers), you can Stun him too. WHM stays out of range of everyone in any case.
Finale Protect/Phalanx/Ice Spikes on the Don.

After tons, and tons, and tonsss of fails and tears with stacking (Papesse's strat) we kinda come to the conclusion that sacrificng the healer with 3 DD tanking each mob(Saevel's strat) offers most consistent win.

Also we changed 1 RUN to COR/WAR (for initial voke pulling) for rolls and able to push kill speed down to 4:40 sec(including 1.5 to 2 min buff time) without any 1h, 4:20 with bolster. Roll is huge bonus for DD RUN because appearantly attack wasn't capped even with Idris fury frailty and chaos roll. Otherwise bolster wouldn't result faster runs.

DD RUNs kill speed with rolls is incredible, without rolls it's just meh. Hybrid tp set isn't required to DD on Don since it's not that dangerous with silence battuta and they last entire time, full DD with Lionheart is very safe.

So the setup would be something like this:
RUN/SAM(Don) RUN/SAM(Ravager) COR/WAR(Deathbringer) brd geo healer.

We also changed the kill order to Don >= Ravager(both RUN solo dps it and kill it on the same time) -> deathbringer -> incanter so healer can stay alive and help with -Na after Don is dead. DD Bubble on Don, entrust wilt on ravager RUN so he can go all out on DD too.

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
their double Goblin Bomb does 1036 + 1417 dmg.

I took exactly 1500+1500 from double gob bomb once, so 3k hp wasn't quite enough. 3.2k or even 3.5k would be better for tanking both.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-14 05:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not clear on what the effects of the aura are.

Can anyone clarify?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 07:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm mot sure where papasse is getting the bomb numbers from, 1500+1500 is what I always get hit for. Everytime unless stoneskin is up.

Aura = 50% (or more) DT for all goblins, crazy stat boost, at least double damage boost. Probably regain.

and access to 1500+1500 Bomb toss. (if war and dark have auras)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-14 13:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's indeed fixed 1500 dmg, they do less because of Stoneskin and Phalanx.
By Afania 2018-05-14 13:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I took exactly 1500+1500 from double gob bomb once

And now we know who suck and doesn't keep their stoneskin and phalanx up :D
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-14 23:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone parse what's going on here yet? NIN tank time?

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 23:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing of relevance in the video is letting don get no tp before chainspell and killing it while in chainspell. or ASAP to prevent bombs.

You might get up to a minute from aggro to chainspell and a minute after chainspell where it won't use bombs
By Afania 2018-05-14 23:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Anyone parse what's going on here yet?

A JP button video that tricks silly player into trying that setup and get themselves into tears and drama because of fails that comes with it.

There are 2 types of bomb, one split dmg move and one Fuller move, that setup needs the healer to stack or run away depending on bomb types. You can't stack for the fuller move otherwise everyone takes 1500x number of players in range.

In other words, the healer needs superb reflex to get consistent win. Otherwise it's either lucky and win, or unlucky and wipe.

It's also pretty difficult to get 3.2k hp on super tank run to have good safety net hp for double goblin bomb. Anything lower than that is extremely risky.

Nin is not a requirement for that strat, we've done it war+cor and run + cor and won before. But regardless the dd setup it's never consistent. Unlike sacing doesn't require much skill and any inexperienced player can be the healer.

We failed over and over again entire night trying that setup in the video, then over and over again next night trying to make it work. I think I almost got myself blisted for keep pushing everyone to try that setup, lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 23:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A good example of why never post a damn video. You all get dead set on THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE HAVE TO REPLICATE THE VIDEO! ITS THE ONLY WAY POSSIBLE!

Figure out why the video works > try to replicate the video
By Afania 2018-05-14 23:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say videos still help because it's easier to understand a strat by Looking at it.

But in the case of YouTube video, it can't really present data like RNG factors. It's very possible to be successful 5 times using that strat, then unsuccessful 5 more times because RNG is RNG. It's not possible to tell in the video until you try.

I agree that people shouldn't be dead set with video though. Last month was a good example of people being dead set with the setup in the video and mimicking everything even if it's not necessarily the most optimized strat.
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2018-05-15 00:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My first question, is that RUN using Elemental Seal at 1:22?
By Afania 2018-05-15 00:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Subadai said: »

My first question, is that RUN using Elemental Seal at 1:22?

It was healer who used ES for silence.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-15 01:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about silencing the Don on VD.

I tried four times on three different runs.
I was on RUN/WHM. I currently have no midcast set for enfeebling magic on RUN (of course lol) and all three times I performed the spell while in my idle set. Well, realistically I guess I ended up midcasting in my magic precast set.

The first two times (mind, different runs) I silenced the Don on the first attempt.
The third run I tried two times but both times I got rightfully resisted.

So what I'm wondering is... did I get an extremely lucky streak on the first two casts?
Does the Don have an incredibly low resistance against Silence?
Or maybe I ended up casting during specific moments (casting? TP move?) when the Don has for some reason floored resistance to Silence?

I mean it could be just a coincidence but two times 1:1 landing sounds fishy to me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-15 23:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus Christ people, these wipes on Easy and Normal should not be happening.

*** 3 dds that're slightly better than naked each voke a goblin. You go afk after voking the goblin. You win.

That's the beginning and end of the strat. Why are people not getting this. It's not *** rocket science.

You don't need 3 runs. You don't need 3 supports. You don't even need a whm. It doesn't get much easier.

It REALLY is that easy. Stop making it hard.
By sequdaz 2018-05-16 02:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal is pretty easy, you don't need 3 RUN or even a tank for that matter.
2BLU 1RDM(melee) COR WHM GEOorBRD
RDM holds and DD the drk, phalanx is enough to mitigate all the damage
1 BLU on the don along with the corsair and the 2nd BLU takes the war, DD and keep them separated
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-05-16 14:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Something about Trust Main Heal and BLM taking the Bombs with Manawall.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-16 14:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM being the main target was an idea I was thinking of, but since I assumed manawall would still take the full damage amount, never pursued it.

Looks like they just did the same basic thing, 2 tanks kill during chainspell.
By Afania 2018-05-16 19:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

sequdaz said: »
Normal is pretty easy, you don't need 3 RUN or even a tank for that matter.
2BLU 1RDM(melee) COR WHM GEOorBRD
RDM holds and DD the drk, phalanx is enough to mitigate all the damage
1 BLU on the don along with the corsair and the 2nd BLU takes the war, DD and keep them separated

Any job with a pdt- set can hold DRK even in VD. That mob is completely harmless. The job on DRK is ideally something that contributes to kill speed, such as cor.

The benefit of using RUN DD is that the job with battuta up can go full DD in 0 DT and still don't need a dedicated healer to cure bomb. Using other DD (with brd cor geo in pt) would probably result slower kills due to needing to turtle, cast shadows and lose dps, or brd geo run out of mp to cure.
 Lakshmi.Zingus
Server: Lakshmi
user: zingus
By Lakshmi.Zingus 2018-05-23 16:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

the real question is the strat for solo with trusts...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-23 16:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zingus said: »

The strat for V1 solo:

Don't do it.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-23 17:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

The strat for V1 solo:

Don't do it.
lol facts
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-23 17:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

The strat for V1 solo:

Don't do it.
I was thinking of quad boxing it but I’m told might not be fun should just join a regular party

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-23 17:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Quad box: 1 Tank holds DRK and WAR, everyone else dog piles the RDM. Pull up a tank trust if you cannot reliably land silence.

The tank holding the war & drk can have the drk down to about 30-40% by the time the rdm is dead.

This can easily be done by tank,brd,whm,dd,trustx2 having the dd pop out the trusts.

If no BRD, swap WHM to RDM for dispel spam.
Hmm I might try that tonight :0 I need to do whm macros boo.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11