String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 94 95 96
By Ermah 2020-08-14 11:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I'm kinda surprised how little buffs help and how low the damage caps. >.< I imagine the skillchain damage of the speed loader adds a ton?

Pet gear being the WS pet gear, right and not the tp gear?
By kasnuaku 2020-08-14 13:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

companions roll is really good for more damage then the drachens roll given on the parse. Acc is not a problem for pets imo
 Leviathan.Restrat
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: restrat
By Leviathan.Restrat 2020-08-14 14:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For puppet DDing, is using a well augment Taeon body going to be better or Relic +3?
By Aerix 2020-08-14 15:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermah said: »
Thanks! I'm kinda surprised how little buffs help and how low the damage caps. >.< I imagine the skillchain damage of the speed loader adds a ton?

Pet gear being the WS pet gear, right and not the tp gear?

Yes, Speedloaders + 5-step SCs will do massive damage. And yes, it was pet WS gear.

kasnuaku said: »
companions roll is really good for more damage then the drachens roll given on the parse. Acc is not a problem for pets imo

Correct, Comp/Beast are ideal. But I was shooting for 1k WSs, not maximum efficiency.

Leviathan.Restrat said: »
For puppet DDing, is using a well augment Taeon body going to be better or Relic +3?

Taeon Body is best for a VE body using Bone Crusher or the like, as the DA proc will add a lot more damage than the base stats. Ranged or magic WSs don't benefit from DA.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-08-14 16:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermah said: »
I'm kinda surprised how little buffs help and how low the damage caps.

The "trade off" i guess is that puppet can potentially fire them off much faster compared to other pet jobs, comp roll+DA or STP build puppet is fairly constant WS usage and speedloader does add up pretty fast though sadly puppet is limited to t2 SCs on its own i think aside from using bleh VE WS' to hit darkness
By Ermah 2020-08-14 16:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it waits to the end of the 10 second window with the speedloader, right?
By Nariont 2020-08-14 16:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

on the initial SC itll wait 5~s in the window but every following SC its as soon as the window is open and its able to do so from what i remember
By ksoze 2020-08-17 09:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

dear SE 99 stacking oils pls :D
[+]
By Aerix 2020-08-17 13:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
dear SE 99 stacking oils pls :D

They asked us about 99 stacking items a while ago on Reddit before they patched Skirmish stones and such to stack. Both Siviard and I requested Automaton Oils to be stackable, but they seem to have ignored us completely.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-17 13:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, this has irked me for ages. IIRC, back in the old days, people asking about this and the devs actually responding something to the effect of not wanting to mess with crafting economy (obviously a garbage explanation, but that's what they said). People raised it again around the time they added Curio Vendor Moogles and added tons of once crafting-exclusive stuff, to no avail.

I've just picked up BST as a job for fun, and holy hell, the inventory hit from jugs and pet food is ridiculous. They really, really, really need to address things for BST jugs (learnable "spells" and maybe a universal jug?)... and it would be pretty natural to up the pet food and Automaton oil stacking to 99 as part of that QoL clean-up.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-18 08:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix, What would you suggest as a dual tank set if you don't have access to Heyoka +1 and don't have a belt +1?

ItemSet 374699
By Aerix 2020-08-18 08:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You could just use the NQ versions of the same gear. There's only a relatively small difference in stats that won't break you.

If you don't even have the JP yet then it's a setup that probably won't work too well for you anyway. You don't really need a tankmaton for CPing and for group play you'd be much safer playing purely in pet burn mode.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-18 08:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
You could just use the NQ versions of the same gear. There's only a relatively small difference in stats that won't break you.

If you don't even have the JP yet then it's a setup that probably won't work too well for you anyway. You don't really need a tankmaton for CPing and for group play you'd be much safer playing purely in pet burn mode.

Perfect ty. Yeah my pup is mastered and I have all the malignance. But the +1's are hard to obtain.
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-20 12:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys. With the help of Arrchie and his auto enmity/weaponskill swaps, I created a simple pup lua that I am enjoying.

In short, nothing is automatic except the enmity and ws swaps.

master sets are keybind f9
idles are keybind f10

I think others may like this as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19r-E2leFqanLSFI-ICIPBHcvUGJfhcgR/view?usp=sharing
[+]
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2020-08-23 09:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seidell that is awesome actually I have that other lua and honestly it was to much, keep it simple I like it! Only I would want to look into and Imay shoot you a tell in game, the one thing I had in my OLD lua's for pup that lost, was my buddy and I had it set up to engage the auto when you engaged, was wanting to look into this for bst too actually. Thanks for this Think I am going to switch to it.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-23 09:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you sir! I thought about that an that was why I did the keybind for F9. It is a bit confusing but I got use to it, what I do it match my f9 to my f10 if I plan on engaging but I believe using an engaged bind like f11 may make it easier.
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2020-08-23 09:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That was one I thing I liked bc honestly lol there are more times than i care to admit where i totally forget to engage the auto lol if im CPing or something lol
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-23 09:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I misread what you said. Now that I had some ounces of coffee I can see clearly now......lol

I actually like that idea, for me, i soloed CP but the same thing happens in Dynamis-D. I like the idea lol
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2020-08-23 10:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it was nice, it didnt do anythng fancy just something to help a bit, especially with my memory how it is at times, It wouldnt re engage if you had links and auto targeted but was all good it did what i needed it too, then i lost it lol
 Odin.Tasukaru
Server: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2020-08-23 11:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna sound stupid, but its been quite a while since I actually farmed beastman seals; whats the most efficient way of farming them without seal exchange for Up in Arms? I was thinking bibiki bay, or maybe wajam woodlands at first, but I didnt know if thats more crests than seals. Thanks in advance.
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-23 11:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tasukaru said: »
Gonna sound stupid, but its been quite a while since I actually farmed beastman seals; that the most efficient way of farming them without seal exchange for Up in Arms? I was thinking bibiki bay, or maybe wajam woodlands at first, but I didnt know if thats more crests than seals. Thanks in advance.

From BG regarding Beastmen's Seals: Can be obtained by defeating any monster level 1-75 that checks Easy Prey or higher.

So at 99 I believe this is impossible.
By Nariont 2020-08-23 11:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

login pts
[+]
 Odin.Tasukaru
Server: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2020-08-23 11:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
login pts

They're available via login points? I never really noticed since I dont venture down that low. Interesting; ty much.
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-23 13:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Atigev said: »
Yeah it was nice, it didnt do anythng fancy just something to help a bit, especially with my memory how it is at times, It wouldnt re engage if you had links and auto targeted but was all good it did what i needed it too, then i lost it lol

Atigev, here you go. I am going to test it now myself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gwli-fX2PHjeOUq-mXyDkMfhINh_550-/view?usp=sharing
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-23 14:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Auto Deploy is working as it should. All is right with the world XD
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-23 14:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Deploy was buggy. Fixed now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tl3jXGIIW8W8GWQ5k1gPDm9AvcVoL4UK/view?usp=sharing
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-08-23 14:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Seidell said: »
Odin.Tasukaru said: »
Gonna sound stupid, but its been quite a while since I actually farmed beastman seals; that the most efficient way of farming them without seal exchange for Up in Arms? I was thinking bibiki bay, or maybe wajam woodlands at first, but I didnt know if thats more crests than seals. Thanks in advance.

From BG regarding Beastmen's Seals: Can be obtained by defeating any monster level 1-75 that checks Easy Prey or higher.

So at 99 I believe this is impossible.
Anything that checked EP at 75 should still be considered EP at 99, they did that for magian trials and seals. I don't recall if item level had an effect or not, though.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-23 23:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix, what is the BiS hybrid build? The list you have in your list or the one on the BG guide?
By Aerix 2020-08-24 00:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Seidell said: »
Aerix, what is the BiS hybrid build? The list you have in your list or the one on the BG guide?

What kind of Hybrid build are you referring to specfiically? Hybrid as in the usual definition of decent DT with melee stats or Hybrid as in "Dual TP" so both master and pet can TP quickly (without DT)?

I don't keep all of my public sets updated and sorted out due to time/laziness, unfortunately. Some are just experimental, too.
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-24 00:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hybrid TP without DT
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 94 95 96