Send Commands How Do It Work/how Do You Use It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Send Commands how do it work/how do you use it?
Send Commands how do it work/how do you use it?
By monkey33333333 2018-03-24 23:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this is in the right spot !!. as it says i don't know how to use or how it works I have tried it before could not make it work can someone plz help me !! plz and Thank you ^^
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-25 08:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a very simple addon. Make sure it's loaded then type in a send command.

//send name command

Replace name, with the name of the character the command is being sent to. Replace command with the command you want them to execute. Like,

//send Arduwyn /ma "Cure V" Martel

Rather than the character name you can also send via some other options.

@others sends to everyone but the sender.
@all sends to all characters including the sender.

A few notes.

//send will only work when typing into the chat window. If the command is contained in a macro, then use /con send.

Send strips quotation marks from sent commands. Not sure why. If you aren't using shortcuts this can cause some issues. Use shortcuts.

If a command isn't working right, it can be useful to send it as an echo so you can see exactly what is reaching the other character.
[+]
By jahn 2018-03-25 09:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also use quotation marks but you have to do something like //send @all /item \"Warp Ring\" <me>

Not entirely sure why, but it works
And yes it works with @all @others name etc and works with magic and such, as long as you type the right ***any way, something I'm horrible at
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-25 09:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, so you can you escape characters to keep the quotes. Nice. I didn't know that. Shortcuts will generally account for stuff like no quotes anyway though.
 Asura.Azzariah
Server: Asura
user: Azzariah
By Asura.Azzariah 2018-03-25 11:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This addon is helpful for so many things. Can use it for all in one macros for warp, cures, etc.

/console send @all /equip L.Ring 'Warp Ring' <me> <wait 11>
/console send @all /item 'Warp Ring' <me>

I have found that using the ' instead of " works. Have to add a few seconds in the wait to account for lag sometimes.

Subadai helped me out a few weeks ago when I was having problems with Send and scripts. You can make a script in Windower, then have one of your characters execute it. For example, during High Tier Avatar fights, I have my WHM exec a script with each barspell in it. So for Ramuh I use a /console send altname exec Ramuh. The script goes something like:

input /ja "Light Arts" <me>
wait 1
input /ja "Afflatus Solace: <me>
wait 1
input /ma "Protectra V" <me> etc.....

You get the idea. So from my main I have each character do their respective buffs with a button press.

Does anyone know if you can use Send commands in scripts? Also, what do ppl use to get their alts to stop following you? Other than using /heal, I cant find a better way to do it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-25 11:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can send a keystroke. Hitting the autorun button cancels follow, so you could do,

setkey numpad7 down;wait 0.1;setkey numpad7 up

or put that in a script and send a command to execute said script, etc.

And there's no reason you can't use send via scripts. Just keep in mind that everything in a script is effectively being done in the console. So you don't need // or /console. you just put send yourdude, etc.

Also, don't use // in any of the commands sent to the alt inside of a script. // counts as a comment marker in scripts, so everything after the // on that line would be ignored
[+]
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-03-25 12:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azzariah said: »
Also, what do ppl use to get their alts to stop following you? Other than using /heal, I cant find a better way to do it.

I use a lua script (basically same as normal windower script but you can include normal programming logic), executed as //lua e scriptname. windower.ffxi.run(true/false) will start/cancel auto-running. I execute one script on my main character, which tells other boxes to target and lockon to him (via send), then also use send to execute a second script (just the line windower.ffxi.run(true)). To cancel I do something similar except cancel both the lockon and the run.
Code
me = windower.ffxi.get_player().name
windower.send_command('send @others input /target '..me..';wait 0.5;send @others input /lockon;wait 0.5;send @others lua e ff')

Code
windower.ffxi.run(true)

Could include some validation if only using a few boxes (say you have 3 logged on but only using 2, if the 3rd guy is sitting in town he'll start running at a wall which can look funny). Since the logic I included verifies the character name before sending commands, it can be executed on any character (instead of needing a separate script/command for each unique character name you have). You can further simplify usage by aliasing:
Code
alias ffollow lua e ffollow;

After which, typing //ffollow on any character would execute the scripts making every character follow the one you typed the command on.
 Asura.Azzariah
user: Azzariah
By Asura.Azzariah 2018-03-25 12:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
You can send a keystroke. Hitting the autorun button cancels follow, so you could do,

setkey numpad7 down;wait 0.1;setkey numpad7 up

or put that in a script and send a command to execute said script, etc.

This worked perfectly. Appreciate the info.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-25 13:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
Asura.Azzariah said: »
Also, what do ppl use to get their alts to stop following you? Other than using /heal, I cant find a better way to do it.

I use a lua script (basically same as normal windower script but you can include normal programming logic), executed as //lua e scriptname. windower.ffxi.run(true/false) will start/cancel auto-running. I execute one script on my main character, which tells other boxes to target and lockon to him (via send), then also use send to execute a second script (just the line windower.ffxi.run(true)). To cancel I do something similar except cancel both the lockon and the run.
Code
me = windower.ffxi.get_player().name
windower.send_command('send @others input /target '..me..';wait 0.5;send @others input /lockon;wait 0.5;send @others lua e ff')

Code
windower.ffxi.run(true)

Could include some validation if only using a few boxes (say you have 3 logged on but only using 2, if the 3rd guy is sitting in town he'll start running at a wall which can look funny). Since the logic I included verifies the character name before sending commands, it can be executed on any character (instead of needing a separate script/command for each unique character name you have). You can further simplify usage by aliasing:
Code
alias ffollow lua e ffollow;

After which, typing //ffollow on any character would execute the scripts making every character follow the one you typed the command on.
Is there a reason you lock on and run rather than just /follow? I know there used to be an issue with follow.. like invis breaking the effect or something like that. But I've been doing normal /follow for years now without issue.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-03-25 14:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Is there a reason you lock on and run rather than just /follow? I know there used to be an issue with follow.. like invis breaking the effect or something like that. But I've been doing normal /follow for years now without issue.

I have scripts for both this variety and a regular /follow. Mostly I just feel more comfortable with the lockon, and often I don't need to target other things when doing routine tasks (addons to warp using HP/Survival Guides/Escha Portals, buy Escha temps, etc). There's also a few invisible lines in some zones which will routinely freeze a /follow command but not an autorun (not sure if there's a reason/fix for these, but think zones like Upper Jeuno or Whitegate where the character being followed will still be moving, but on the other boxes they appear to have stopped for 3-5 seconds).
By monkey33333333 2018-03-25 15:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

sweet ty a lot for the help i will give it a try ^^
By monkey33333333 2018-03-25 15:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

so i did //sead patter /ma "Cure IV" butmunch, and it did not work for me am i missing something?
 Bismarck.Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-03-25 16:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

First, make sure you've logged both characters on without too much time passing between windower launches, send will often not function properly if you login on character and then wait a few hours or so before doing the second.

Second, your syntax is still off. Send sends a command to the console, the console does not parse a vanilla ffxi command unless prefixed by "input" (in which case anything after input is entered into a chat line), so two solutions:
1) install shortcut add-on if not already using, use "//send player1 cure4 player2"
2) //send player1 input /ma "Cure IV" player2
By monkey33333333 2018-03-25 16:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ya its working now
forgot about that time fram
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [118 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Darkrealm
Server: Odin
By Odin.Darkrealm 2018-07-22 01:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for help trying to get this auto exec event to work. Trying to figure out how to trigger mule to heal after sending the command in chat. Thank you who ever can help.

<register event="chat_party_Watersedge_cure4">input /ma "Cure IV" Watersedge</register>
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-07-22 02:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

just use nostrum, it has a send command for your mule
//nos send mulename will make it send all commands to the mule
 Odin.Darkrealm
By Odin.Darkrealm 2018-07-22 17:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks will try Nostrum. Fairly new to using windower add ons just learning as I go along.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-22 21:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

<register silent="true" event="chat_party_Watersedge_c4">input /magic "cure IV" Watersedge</register>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-22 21:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

mine use c4 c3 cga3 cga4 etc for making the mule cure me.

spelling it out, cure4 cure5 curaga5 is to make the mule heal itsself.

pm me if you want a copy of mine to play around with. it's pretty much everything you'd ever need. All you'd need to do is change the names, and learn the commands or change them up to your own.
[+]
 Odin.Darkrealm
By Odin.Darkrealm 2018-07-23 00:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried using Nostrom. Is there a way to center your cursor selection? My cursor is farther on the left when highlighting a icon.
-Is there another way to click on commands beside mouse? Sorry for the questions thanks for the help.
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-07-23 07:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

the reason is you have ffxi UI scaling to your screen, usually if the launch option is same as window (UI scale 1x) it will do fine, that said you may need to re position the nostrum if your screen is like mine (2560 X 1440) found in the settings.xml under nostrum / data folder.

And you could bind the commands to keys on the keyboard, but that tends to be a bit of a hassle.

Also there are more buff buttons that are set to display false in the settings xml, you can use notepadd ++ to edit it fairly easy.

So downside is you likely will need to use the mouse, but it works, and makes dual boxing easy enough once you get used to it. And it works for alliance, though you may need to unload and load the thing if its not displaying pt members right.

No keybinds will be as intuitive to use as nostrum.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [737 days between previous and next post]
By RadialArcana 2020-07-29 04:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to use send over 2 computers on the same network? could of sworn I read years ago there was a way to do this but I can't find it anymore.
[+]