Forum » Windower » Support » Addons list is blank in Launcher
Addons list is blank in Launcher
 Odin.Cdgreg
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-02-26 19:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently returned to the game, installed the newest stable version of Windower 4. My Profiles & Plugins tabs work perfectly, but the "Addons" tab in the launcher shows nothing listed. I tried re-installing windower but have the same issue. I am running windower.exe as administrator. I can manually load the addons in-game one by one. I tried manually editing settings.xml to write in <addons> under <autoload> but it gets re-written everytime I load windower. OS: Win 7 Home Premium

Any ideas?

If the insert pic link doesn't work, here's the link to the Google Drive pic: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DUBDnSWnw8kn4_Yp2fjqh6q3rU3kG5m/view?usp=sharing

If there are no easy solutions, is there a way I can manual load lua addons via init.txt or something along those lines?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-02-26 20:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing just happened to me on fresh install of Windows 10. I've looked up as much as I can, and the only thing I can figure is there is some kind of firewall thing that gets run once when you first load, and after that it takes more knowledge than I have to fix it.

I added api.github.com and windower.net(just in case) to be allowed thru firewall as well as adding windower.exe.

From searching the web about this problem, I think we need to get used to manually loading addons in-game.
 Odin.Cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-02-26 20:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironically an old school AMD Radeon HD 6600 series card here with an equally old school AMD 6130 quad core Processor. Just odd that the plugins tab loads fine, but addons does not. I wonder if it's something with not accessing addons.xml properly.

I tried disabling Win firewall and loading, no change.

I tried disabling avast and loading, no change.

Edit: tried lowering UAC all the way down and rebooting, still no luck.

Either way, I have no problem loading them up "manually," but I'd sure prefer being able to do that in a file that then runs each time!

@ Megabaito, how do I run using integrated card? When I right click, the only run option I see is as administrator.

Double edit: I should note, when I installed Windower, the addons folder was empty, I had to manually download all of the addons from github and put them in the folder so I could load them via the ingame command.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-26 22:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

known issue and they actually have a build they posted in the discord channel for people to test before they push it live

link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/338713865812574219/417526807601086464/Windower.exe
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-02-27 11:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

TYVM Chiaia!
 Odin.Cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-02-27 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, the addon list shows up for me with the linked file build. Thank you Chiaia. I'm also glad the inquiry was able to help others with the same problem!