FFXI HD Mods
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 46 47 48
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-10-11 18:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So, using Pivot and the FFXI-HD download, I have all of the zones and characters in HD, but no armor or weapons. any ideas?
By RadialArcana 2021-10-11 20:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you downloaded but pivot sets up file structures when loaded, if you install other mods with it still running it will not recognize any of them. you have to //lua u xipivot and then //lua l xipivot to restart and force it to rebuild the overlay.

Also certain things require you to zone.
By RadialArcana 2021-10-22 05:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Genocydex said: »
This may or may not solve the problem for you if you end up having a black screen in some zones while using the config plugin.

I was using the config plugin with the 60FPS cap and when I loaded into Lower Jeuno and some other zones. A lot of the screen would be black. Characters and HP crystals would load but not much else.

The fix I have found is to try different UI sizes in windower. Select your profile, go to the pencil (Edit) at the bottom of the screen, select "Game" and change the UI scale.
When I scaled my HUD up to 2.0 for example, Lower Jeuno and some other areas would not fully load.
However when I changed the scale to 1.5, those areas loaded fine. It's very finnicky. 1.7 and 1.8 etc would not load fine. You may have to find your number.
I hope it helps someone.
Took quite a bit of messing around to figure it out lol.
Cheers.

Saw this on another thread.

I'm not saying this works, I'm just pointing it out that you may want to try this. Even if you don't use config, maybe fiddling with the UI might help.
By EmiFFXI 2021-10-25 09:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just uploaded the HD hume females face mod to Nexusmods.
Let me know if there's any issue when you try it.
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy11/mods/8
[+]
By Xhyllos 2021-10-25 20:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
So, using Pivot and the FFXI-HD download, I have all of the zones and characters in HD, but no armor or weapons. any ideas?

Make sure your mod packs are properly set up in the settings xml file.
File should look like this:

<settings>
<global>
<overlays>NAME_OF_MOD_PACK</overlays>
</global>
</settings>

And your addons folder should look like this:
addons/XIPivot/data/DATs/NAME_OF_MOD_PACK/ROM/XX/YY.DAT
With the settings file at the "data" level. MAke sure all your mod packs are included in the settings file, separated by ,
By troyBORG 2021-11-07 13:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »

https://tinyurl.com/y9e9ecep

Level up (should be player and monster)
Job point
Merit point
New challenge on-screen text for records of eminence.

Does anyone know where I got this other version of the Job Point?

I thought I got it from this forum, but it doesn't look like what yours is...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By troyBORG 2021-12-11 16:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I found it! It was from AshenbubsHD!

Your:

AshenbubsHD:
By EmiFFXI 2022-01-07 08:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy new year and here we go the new HD mods for Elvaan male!
Let me know if there's any issue when you try it.
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy11/mods/9/
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-27 11:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The 2022 version of Make FFXI Beautiful is now out!

This year I took a different approach and am providing an All-In one pack that provides everything you need to upgrade your install and replace every texture in the game. I am providing both a Lore Friendly pack and an HD pack for players of differing interest.

This also should be the most stable release to date as I've been working with the windower team to make sure proper guidance was being given and by uncapping the amount of memory that the game can use old issues such as black screens are a thing of the past.

I was also able to streamline the process this year and the entire video is about a third the length of the previous year's making it easier to follow. I hope these changes are found to be of benefit to people looking to make these alterations to their game.

Edit: Link removed. Ashenbubs has decided that he does not want his work featured in my All In One Lore pack so out of respect I've taken the video down and am working on a new version. I hope to have it released later this week. Sorry for the delay!
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-02-27 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks man. I just had to reinstall all my stuff like a month ago and used your 2021 guide to jog my memory since it had been forever since I last used the HD stuffs. I appreciate everyones' effort in this. :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Wizardstick
Server: Bahamut
user: Sieve
By Bahamut.Wizardstick 2022-02-28 14:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
The 2022 version of Make FFXI Beautiful is now out!

Edit: Link removed. Ashenbubs has decided that he does not want his work featured in my All In One Lore pack so out of respect I've taken the video down and am working on a new version. I hope to have it released later this week. Sorry for the delay!

From what I hear, you took ashenbub's texture pack and put it behind your patreon paywall when most of the work done was by ashenbubs and that's why he asked you to take it down. The whole town has been talking about it.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-02-28 15:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

bubs didn't want {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{exposure}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}? not even an apology for blatant theft, then playing the victim, so scummy, wow lol
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-02-28 15:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Next puts his downloads on a google drive from what I remember.

Most people make stuff and just put it out there, we make this stuff for the good of the community/game and so if someone can make a youtube video promoting it and compiling it all the better.

I don't see the drama personally, he asked him to remove it and he did. If he asked him to remove it and he refused, then it would be a problem.

All of us benefit from the kindness of others and their free work, whether it's Korith that made Texhammer (for free) or Heals that made XIpivot (for free) or the numerous people who figured this stuff out to start with via hundreds of hours messing with hex editing.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-02-28 15:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yikes
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-02-28 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He threw my largeaddressaware patcher in there too(from this thread, renamed, without source code, credit, or my knowledge). I wouldn't bring that up on my own, considering how minimal it is compared to everything else, but it just feeds into the same behavior.

Anyone who's followed him can see that much of his following came from repacking others' work, with minimal credit and sometimes mismatched or out of date files. There is reason to point out what actually happened, and it really feels like he's misadvertising the situation because he's been ripping off peoples' texture packs for years.

It's not uncommon to see people come into discords that I am in, asking about the 'nextgames texture packs' rather than even knowing the names of the people who actually made the textures. At least one of the repacks had faulty files that had already been fixed in the original source. The idea of an all-in-one pack is great, but having it provided by someone who is in no way related to the authors and not willing to keep it updated in real time is not.

It's a complicated issue, and he provides some quality original content as well, so it's not as simple as condemning him and nobody should be reading it that way. But, I think it's important for the sake of the content creators that the truth is available.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-28 15:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to clear up a few things as apparently all kinds of "talking" is going on about this situation and no one is including me in those talks.

As I have done for the last two years I released a Make FFXI Beautiful video for 2022. If you look through this thread you will see past iterations of it. Last year I made an All-In one pack (just like many have done on this forums if you scan back through the pages) combining the works of all of our efforts into an HD Pack for easy deployment. In that video I featured both Amelila's packs and Ashenbubs packs and how to deploy them. Over the last year I'd gotten several request to make a more lore friendly version where the textures weren't so different than the vanilla game. So I put together a pack with ashenbubs upscales and amelila's upscales along with a few other that would classify as looking vanilla and called it the lore pack. I then updated my HD Pack from last years video with some of the last years content and some new changes and released it as my new HD Pack. This was all released in a video yesterday on my channel.

I had also been asked by the windower team this year to make my video more accurate in some area's and it was decided that I would do an all in one pack that included everything that was needed to try to accomplish this goal. Last years video was over 60 minutes making it painful for some to get through. That was the reason for the "All In one Pack" as it had all the things you need other then the base game for quick install... this made the video only 22 minutes and I thought I had achieved the goal that people had asked for in regards to a simple installation. Boy was I wrong...

Within a few hours I got messages saying that I was being talked about on Ashenbubs discord channel. I quickly joined the channel and could see that I had made an error in not reaching out to him to ask to use his textures. I made an immediate post explaining this, apologizing and asking what he would like me to do and he asked me to remove his work from the pack. At that minute I removed the video even with people mid update and deleted the packs.

At no point was ANY of this behind a paywall, even Ashenbubs can attest to that. That idea came from someone looking at my patreon page and seeing a post from me two weeks ago asking if anyone wanted to beta test my new texture packs for me as we learned last year that some of the packs have issues. I made this SAME post and offer that same hour to anyone on Discord and anyone on my YouTube channel. A total of 8 ppl were part of the beta which was going on the last few weeks until I released the pack yesterday. Nothing I have ever done is behind a paywall, my patreons simply donate to me if they choose. Not a single benefit other than me offering to do a video guide for them is offered.

Also in the video in question that was taken down, I clearly stated that the lore pack was the work of Ashenbubs and Amelila and at no point attempted to take credit for it. Also put links to both of their pages in the top pinned description with all of the other credit and links. In fact I listed every tool that we used and where to get it, which I thought was enough... I was wrong.

I'm deeply sorry for the overstep I took part in here and will be sure to use more care when putting together the All-In one packs in the future. I simply was trying to do what I have done for the last few years and that was make it easier for people to enhance and enjoy this game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-28 15:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
He threw my largeaddressaware patcher in there too(from this thread, renamed, without source code, credit, or my knowledge). I wouldn't bring that up on my own, considering how minimal it is compared to everything else, but it just feeds into the same behavior.

Anyone who's followed him can see that much of his following came from repacking others' work, with minimal credit and sometimes mismatched or out of date files. There is reason to point out what actually happened, and it really feels like he's misadvertising the situation because he's been ripping off peoples' texture packs for years.

It's not uncommon to see people come into discords that I am in, asking about the 'nextgames texture packs' rather than even knowing the names of the people who actually made the textures. At least one of the repacks had faulty files that had already been fixed in the original source. The idea of an all-in-one pack is great, but having it provided by someone who is in no way related to the authors and not willing to keep it updated in real time is not.

It's a complicated issue, and he provides some quality original content as well, so it's not as simple as condemning him and nobody should be reading it that way. But, I think it's important for the sake of the content creators that the truth is available.

I understand what your saying and I'm very sorry that it appears I have wronged many people in this regard. I honestly was just trying to help and did not mean to cause all of this. I really wish this would have been called to my attention sooner. I'm very sorry if you feel I took your work as well without credit but I do want to make sure you have seen my 500th video where I do call you out the creator and person behind this mod. I understand this may not be enough in your opinion and I am very sorry if I should have done more to call out your contribution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwA8ktOcTo8 6:57 mark is where I speak about your patch.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-02-28 15:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It was provided in one place, including the source code and knowledge of who provided it. If you weren't going to personally contact me, the correct behavior would have been to leave the source packaged with it, and distribute it in an unaltered format. Obviously it would be better to credit the author, but changing the filenames to suit your aesthetic and cutting out the bundled source code is not appropriate, with or without a video callout.

That said, now that it's on the table, I really don't care to begin with and you have my full permission to do anything you want with it. Like I said in my last post, it's still effectively nothing compared to the work Ashen and others have done on the textures, and I'd rather it reach more people.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-28 15:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It was provided in one place, including the source code and knowledge of who provided it. If you weren't going to personally contact me, the correct behavior would have been to leave the source packaged with it, and distribute it in an unaltered format. Obviously it would be better to credit the author, but changing the filenames to suit your aesthetic and cutting out the bundled source code is not appropriate, with or without a video callout.

That said, now that it's on the table, I really don't care to begin with and you have my full permission to do anything you want with it. Like I said in my last post, it's still effectively nothing compared to the work Ashen and others have done on the textures, and I'd rather it reach more people.

I understand that now and I'm deeply sorry for my overstep. I also didn't mean to "alter" your pack. All of this was to try to simplify things so I just removed anything I felt wasn't necessary for the viewer as I felt the more files I don't mention what to do with the more question there would be. It seems that was another error on my part and I did not realize it would be, again my apologies.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-02-28 16:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea of an all-in-one pack is great, but having it provided by someone who is in no way related to the authors and not willing to keep it updated in real time is not.

People kept asking me to make an "all in one pack" for years in this thread, and I could never be bothered. Very often the people making them don't want the hassle of doing "the dirty work"

I guarantee you Next introduced far more people into modding than any of the people making them would of achieved on our own.

That patch / revelation Thorny found was great too. However a ton of people still don't even know it exists, which is sad.

Can we not have drama over nonsense, we don't have many people making HQ youtube content can we not cause trouble for the ones that do? Mistake > rectified > apology > end.

Good lord.
[+]
 Asura.Ashenbubs
user: Finea
By Asura.Ashenbubs 2022-02-28 17:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
People kept asking me to make an "all in one pack" for years in this thread, and I could never be bothered. Very often the people making them don't want the hassle of doing "the dirty work"

I guarantee you Next introduced far more people into modding than any of the people making them would of achieved on our own.

That patch / revelation Thorny found was great too. However a ton of people still don't even know it exists, which is sad.

Can we not have drama over nonsense, we don't have many people making HQ youtube content can we not cause trouble for the ones that do? Mistake > rectified > apology > end.

Good lord.

I wasn't going to chime in here, but this comment has actually worked me up a decent amount to spark/provoke a response. I do want to highlight that this has been pretty much dealt with now outside of this forum, apologies have been made, but a few of these points in the defence of what occurred absolutely baffle me and I'd like to draw a line under this kind of allowable/accepted behaviour.

People may have asked you to make an "all-in-one pack", but I'm pretty sure that work would have entirely been your own - I already have an "all-in-one pack", and it's the work I did. The package I created. My work. All bundled together, all asethetically the same with the same treatment given to every single texture by hand. While I would love to say this is an AI upscale and a simple click of a button and claim all that time back in my life, it was not. The package that is/was being reshipped and renamed as someone elses "work", when common curtesy to even reach out to me wasn't even attempted.

The comment regarding you guaranteeing us that Next introduced far more people than any of us making them (IE, me?) would have achieved on our own makes it sound like we/I should be grateful that the work was used without question and rebranded, as if the very publicity should be thanked? Excuse me, no. What kind of enablist attitude is this?

Of course we can not have drama, I've been not involved here for that very fact; However, while this may be nonsense to you, for me it's been a rather busy time. I'm sorry that something that doesn't involve you is nonsense, and this was how you had to discover that fact.

EDIT: I didn't even spot the part where you mentioned people "making them don't want to do hassle of 'dirty work'", I'll toss you two year's receiepts of support on the project... What an insult.

Good lord.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-02-28 17:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I'm aware he did give you credit right? He isn't saying he made these mods, he is just trying to share them to a wider audience. Most who make mods have always been fine with this because it helped the greater community, this is how it's always been.

I made most of the mods in this thread over many years and I started when there were no progams and we had to do it all via hex editing, I know exactly what is involved with making them and yes I do know how much time is involved with all the busy work around upscaling and re-injecting. It's really annoying and fiddly and infuriating.

Also as an aside, although I don't use your mods I appreciate what you have done because it helps the game and a lot of people enjoy them. You made a great pack.

He made a mistake in assuming you would be ok with this, since most of the rest of us are/have been over the years. Once you informed him, he removed them and apologized. I can see you're mad but you need to keep in mind the people who use your mods are going to harass him for it, and the way you deal with it will directly impact how they treat him.

Quote:
EDIT: I didn't even spot the part where you mentioned people "making them don't want to do hassle of 'dirty work'", I'll toss you two year's receiepts of support on the project... What an insult.

You're seeing insult where none in intended since it wasn't aimed at you, I was talking about most others and not you specifically. For most modders the fun is in the making and not the monotonous packing and checking and double checking files.

You did the boring and stressful part too, which is cool. The file checking, the in-game checking, the stress over if you made a file error that could lead people to crash. That stuff sucks and very much is "dirty work" for us all

Anyway, I appreciate what you both do.
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-02-28 18:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Draylo 2022-02-28 18:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok that was funny
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2022-02-28 19:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Guys!

I just wanted to announce I will be selling Arico's Mod Pack as a collection of ERC-721 NFT's on the main Ethereum Blockchain! Minting starts at .5 ETH and includes a video -- totally made by me -- on how to install them on your computer! Get your favorite gear sets in glistening 4K.

To the moon!
[+]
By KyLouie16 2022-02-28 22:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This completely shows what is wrong in society today. Everyone is an expert that knows everything about anything and doesn't look for any sort of evidence before making a claim. The worst part is people read something second hand online, and BOOM it must be as good as a double blind research study.

The ONLY thing I've ever seen from Logical is a desire to help and promote our community. Unfortunately people immediately start looking for whatever they can find cherry picking wise to help support whatever it is they are trying to claim. You HAVE to look at everything IN CONTEXT if you're after the truth. Year after year this guy has done a HUGE solid for our community, trying to ensure everyone has a more enjoyable gaming experience. He makes an error which he is quick to rectify and instead of being supported for being a solid dude and trying to make ammends people make him out to be satan.

Do your due diligence and TRULY investigate the situation before tearing down someone who's sole motivation was helping out our community. Gee, Maybe ask him some questions BEFORE you come to a conclusion. People can make mistakes, but that doesn't make them guilty of anything else and only hurts their reputation when you fuel the rumor mill with baseless accusations.

In science ALWAYS assume you are wrong, HELL I'M PROBABLY WRONG ABOUT SOME OF THE THINGS I'M SAYING HERE. The point is if you're after the truth you need to let GO of your ego and look at the big picture. Ask some questions, DON'T make assumptions, LOOK AT EVERYTHING. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jasmint
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: JasTx
By Quetzalcoatl.Jasmint 2022-03-01 06:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Logical pointed out in that 500 vid anniversary video that his Patreon is not for paywalling stuff - it is simply a place where you can donate to him with not much in return. He stated that he was uncomfortable with putting content behind a paywall, and so the only other thing that might be considered as "behind a paywall" is the merch shop that isn't even on Patreon anyways. Not even the NextGames texture pack is behind a paywall afaik - what would you even get from that anyways, 8K textures? Lol
The people who accused him of putting content (specifically FFXI mod content in this case that he didn't make himself) behind paywalls have either never watched that video, never visited his Patreon or just want to stir the pot for some good times.

To be clear, I'm not here to defend art theft nor exposure bucks which is a whole other topic. Logical has already given his apologies and taken responsibility with his actions.
However, to get full context here, what was different this year? I was too late to the party so by the time I saw this thread, the video was already taken down. If it's better not to mention what happened then I'm cool with that.
Personally, I saw no problem with last years video - Ashenbubs was credited, as was Amelila. I know who those two dudes are because of the video, which was recommended to me by my friends. I use AshenbubsHD basic so I don't have much of an idea what the NextGames one is - is it just all of the old stuff from this thread compiled together, or did Logical make all of it? (I don't use yours because I play on a laptop, sorry :( it looks good though!)

Also, since I am more of a lurker, I want to give a huge thanks to all the FFXI community here and wherever else you're from who are making the game much more playable as a new player, as well as KorithXI for TexHammer and Logical for the guides that you make. No one's perfect for sure, but you're all paving the way for a better community and better-looking and functioning game :)
[+]
 Seraph.Whistler
Server: Seraph
user: Whistler
By Seraph.Whistler 2022-03-03 15:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I ended up installing a bunch of the HD mods. Unfortunately, my mog house menu is completely broken. The menu items don't match up to what the action is, and I'm now missing the ability to access my mod case (missing one menu item).

I initially that it could have been the Mog Garden HD pack (rom\309\10.dat), so I tried to revert to the original DAT file but that didn't work.

Probably a long shot here, but does anyone either know what HD pack modified the mog house menu, or what rom/dat file would have done it?
By Seraphpdh 2022-03-03 19:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Whistler said: »
So, I ended up installing a bunch of the HD mods. Unfortunately, my mog house menu is completely broken. The menu items don't match up to what the action is, and I'm now missing the ability to access my mod case (missing one menu item).

I initially that it could have been the Mog Garden HD pack (rom\309\10.dat), so I tried to revert to the original DAT file but that didn't work.

Probably a long shot here, but does anyone either know what HD pack modified the mog house menu, or what rom/dat file would have done it?

Update your XIview:

https://github.com/KenshiDRK/XiView/releases/tag/v2.4.1
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-03-03 21:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like one of the reasons people should not just take work from one person and combine them into an all in one pack
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 46 47 48