Castig Time Reduction!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Castig time reduction!
Castig time reduction!
By Delagyela 2018-01-26 13:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill start of by saying i dont know how to post item sets so i hopw it works. please excuse typos im doing this from my phone.
On to the real questions here, i recently saw that the mallquis set reduces elemental casting time, and before I begin my overhaul of my precast sets i just want to understand the cap to casting time and whether or not this works.
From what I understand the castig time cap sits at 80%, 60% coming from fast cast.. sp with mallquis+2 set and an empy i would crush the castig time cap. However is it achievable without rema, below i have a set with all the known fast cast gear blm can use monus an augmented ambu cape and any instacast gear.
Thank you in advance for your input and eother confirming or denying my below sets or anythig contribution to the topic.

ItemSet 356383
ItemSet 356384
By cuddlyhamster 2018-01-26 14:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

just a reminder for BLM.
Blm gets Elemental Celerity Job Trait V which is 30% casting time reduction.
Job point Gifts gives an additional 8%.
/Rdm will give another 15% Fast Cast.
All that is 53% Fast Cast, leaving 27% to be concerned about in gear.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-26 15:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Several smaller things but think I'll stick with big as Cuddlyhamseter states you are a bit overdoing it

Another thing you can get full 80% fast cast no need to mix. So theirs not really much point in having elemental cast reduction instead of just fast cast especially considering how much some pieces can get like all of merl set can get 7 in augments and 3 already have some. Several escha pieces have high amounts etc
By Delagyela 2018-01-26 16:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh okay so 27% in gear 8s all i need.
i was under the impression that elemental casting and fast cast were under seperate caps.
i usually have 50% in my precast on any caster classes i play anyways so i guess i dont have to change anything. thabks!
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-01-26 16:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had any succeeds going full FC on my precast set. Spells go off before wait macros swap it back to my potency gear
By clearlyamule 2018-01-26 16:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I've never had any succeeds going full FC on my precast set. Spells go off before wait macros swap it back to my potency gear
With things like gs it can even do it with insta cast. Also remember with official ig methods there are 2 types of wait commands. 1 only does whole numbers and will mess you up in cases like this another can do I believe down to 1/10th of a second. I forget which one is which though
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Vedder 2018-01-26 19:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
With things like gs it can even do it with insta cast. Also remember with official ig methods there are 2 types of wait commands. 1 only does whole numbers and will mess you up in cases like this another can do I believe down to 1/10th of a second. I forget which one is which though
I would be interested in knowing this for sure as I heard about it then was told it was scrapped.

The two methods were "/wait x" on one full line or the second method which was "<wait x>" which can be on a shared line.
Not sure they can go below full numbers though