Came Back After 3 Years, Is Fenrir Dead Or No?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
357 users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Came back after 3 years, is Fenrir dead or no?
Came back after 3 years, is Fenrir dead or no?
By Candlejack 2018-01-13 08:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya all, I came back to the game after 3 loooong years. Let's see, the last major in-game event I can remember is the Cloud of Darkness fight when it was still new, that's how far back I'm talking when I say it's been a while for me and I'm sure I must be heavily gimped out the ***. My big questions are, is anything still being done in major full-alliance groups, or is it all almost entirely solo play now? Also, when is Fenrir the most active, since I'm on the East Coast of the U.S and am curious about the current best times to be on for shouts and other stuff?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-13 09:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Morning. I must tell you that the server is mostly dead unless youre in a linkshell. I personally like it because there's never a wait/competition. You'll also find the AH to be pretty bare.

Great server for farming/crafting. Not so much for selling though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hova
Server: Phoenix
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-01-13 10:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you like to play MMORPG however, go to Asura
[+]
By Candlejack 2018-01-13 13:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kal, Hova, thanks for the info. I'd kinda like to stay on Fenrir as there's still some people I know on there. I'll probably give it a week or two, see what happens in that time, and then decide whether or not I change servers from there.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-01-13 13:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouts are dead. Most stuff is done lowman or in social linkshells.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-13 14:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Kal, Hova, thanks for the info. I'd kinda like to stay on Fenrir as there's still some people I know on there. I'll probably give it a week or two, see what happens in that time, and then decide whether or not I change servers from there.

Anyone particular? I can point you to multiple socials LS's based on who you know.
By fonewear 2018-01-13 15:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you take away Asura the game is pretty much dead. It isn't just one server it is every server.
By Candlejack 2018-01-13 16:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Anyone particular? I can point you to multiple socials LS's based on who you know.
The three usual suspects I used to run around with were Jaydash, Porthos and Ywrach, and I know all three are still active on Fenrir. It wasn't a big LS I was in by any means, but we had been active back then and, even with some gimp gears we still managed to roll most content.
By Josiahkf 2018-01-13 16:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya all, I came back to the game after 3 loooong years. Let's see, the last major in-game event I can remember is the Cloud of Darkness fight when it was still new, that's how far back I'm talking when I say it's been a while for me and I'm sure I must be heavily gimped out the ***. My big questions are, is anything still being done in major full-alliance groups, or is it all almost entirely solo play now? Also, when is Fenrir the most active, since I'm on the East Coast of the U.S and am curious about the current best times to be on for shouts and other stuff?
Sunday morning NA time and through the day, after JP midnight, is usually the busiest time of each server. Especially post update.
[+]
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
Server: Asura
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2018-01-13 17:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hova said: »
If you like to play MultipleMercsOrganisingReallyPriceyGear however, go to Asura

Did i get that right?
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-13 17:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If you take away Asura the game is pretty much dead. It isn't just one server it is every server.

I mean we are very successful on fenrir; and theres not a bone in my body that would go to Asura?

I read that wrong. I think to agree with you mostly odin seems abit more lively than most, but Asura is tons.
By Candlejack 2018-01-13 20:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I had nothing to worry about, the gang's all on Fenrir still, and an older buddy of ours who stopped playing a couple years before I did came back also. They even brought me up to speed on all the stuff I'd missed and we ran around together. Just like old times. Of course, until they decide to sacrifice the lone elvaan in our group to increase the drop rate of items. Long story, that is. Don't question it.