Forum » FFXI » General » January 2018 Version Update
January 2018 Version Update
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-10 00:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, mamools is one of the worst ones... I'm not sure I did any above normal last time
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-01-10 00:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Around H-6 in Jugner, I just killed all the Mini Knight Crabs and Marsh King Arran popped (required for the new Vana RoE). Just go to the OP and run NW'ish. He dropped six Save the Queen II.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-01-10 01:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Around H-6 in Jugner, I just killed all the Mini Knight Crabs and Marsh King Arran popped (required for the new Vana RoE). Just go to the OP and run NW'ish. He dropped six Save the Queen II.

I just had a go at it on my THF. Somehow was ignoring hate from August's Flash & Provoke and after Hundred Fists, I was one-shotted for 2.4k dmg.

Definitely not a cakewalk NM.
By Davorin 2018-01-10 01:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure a thread will get made for it, but I went back to find info from here on the first mamool ja intense ambuscade.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48624/ambuscade-findings/15/#3157253
I haven't tried it this month yet, so I'm unsure how similar it is.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 01:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

VD vol 2 super easy.

Just carby and fenrir as seen in the screenshots. Carby seems to have a mdb/mab down aura Fenrir had one too but forget which. Even with it up howling moon (which it did at lower hps) was doing like 500-600 dmg with trust shellra V and no other mdt. Had to kill both but went down fast. AATT trust can and will sleep carby

vol 1 looks bad. On friggin easy there are 5 guys. one of those one of those ones riding a dinosaur mamools looks like pld (used invincible) but also cast paralyga, looks like a whm and drg one and then brd sagahin (at least I swear I saw it cast brd spells) that also used hundred fist.

Boss was Giant nin NM mamools for the boss. Spammed utsesmi a bit and the stupid att down nin move as well as other debuffs. Seemed have high def too or something. At some point did a like 2 minute charm (hemotoxin wheel) on me from like 20 away seemed in response to diaga also dealt me a bunch of dmg. Was slow and steady fight until around 10% it started spamming low dmg san nukes in wheel order. Part way thru it did draw in and after the last one it did Mijin Gakure Kai to kill me. Can't be 100% but did seem like one of my characters had gotten far enough away for normal mijin

Used AATT again and it put the drg, whm, nin, not sure about brd seems it didn't get hit at all and the plds resist trait kicked in. Also 3 wyverns completely resisted in my chat log but I actually never saw them since I started with drg and it spirit surged a second later. Also after some kills it would say "your foes leader grows even more oppressive"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-01-10 01:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's strange... The crab was literally hitting me for 0 and added effect 0 on my RUN just wearing a hybrid with phalanx. I checked my log and the heaviest damage was from a Waterga for 90. I don't think it did anything too dangerous.

By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 01:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah just watched it doing like 0-50 to someones AAGK... ***is camped as *** though. 8 people here no one seeking with this one guy meleeing on whm terribly. yay he teamed up since god that thing takes longer to kill
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-01-10 01:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, there wasn't anyone out there yet when I started fighting, but I had to send out invites after it popped. lol
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-01-10 01:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
That's strange... The crab was literally hitting me for 0 and added effect 0 on my RUN just wearing a hybrid with phalanx. I checked my log and the heaviest damage was from a Waterga for 90. I don't think it did anything too dangerous.

Proof of my epic failure....

By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 01:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siv stop being terrible!
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-01-10 01:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Siv stop being terrible!

I'm embarrassed..... Maybe I should go play 14 in complete and utter shame. *sigh*
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-01-10 02:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, sheesh... lol

Also, the DM augment campaign just got turned on, so make sure you guys burn six attempts within the next seven hours.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 02:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Siv stop being terrible!

I'm embarrassed..... Maybe I should go play blu in complete and utter shame. *sigh*
ftfy
By Justuas 2018-01-10 02:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
What kinda crap update.... I would have canceled this month...
January update has always been crappy because of the holidays. Are you new here?
By Pantafernando 2018-01-10 03:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

vol 1 looks bad.

Oh well. I guess thats expected after 2 consecultive extremely easy months. Im not sure if the easiness of nov and dec was the main reason of REM currency price drop, but maybe this month it will go up a bit if people dont find a cheese strategy?

Im just glad i pulled an all nighter yesterday doing last min ambuscade so can anyone share the bonanza numbers so i can know if i can start dancing or can sleep for more 15 mins?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2018-01-10 04:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a zipfile with the update? taking too long through pol.
By Pantafernando 2018-01-10 04:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Did they swap Hallmarks and Gallantry armor around this month?

No it seems the rewards are exactly the same aside the expected swap of mythic currency for empy currency in the gallantry ctegory.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-01-10 04:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Siv stop being terrible!

I'm embarrassed..... Maybe I should go play blu in complete and utter shame. *sigh*
ftfy

You, sir, can gtfo with that mess.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2018-01-10 08:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Artifact Goblin in Reisenjima is broke on BST. traded him my +2 hands with no problem. Came back next game day with the mats he wanted for the +3. He's just standing there and not taking them.

inc emergency maint.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-10 08:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »
Artifact Goblin in Reisenjima is broke on BST. traded him my +2 hands with no problem. Came back next game day with the mats he wanted for the +3. He's just standing there and not taking them.

inc emergency maint.
Did mine no issues.
 Sylph.Snk
By Sylph.Snk 2018-01-10 08:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I could say the same, 3 Faulpie Leathers, 1 Cypress Log, 1 Cyan Orb. He's like get me these and like *** you I won't take em.~
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-10 08:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I could say the same, 3 Faulpie Leathers, 1 Cypress Log, 1 Cyan Orb. He's like get me these and like *** you I won't take em.~

+3ing AF gear is a 2-step process. Trade your +2 af Armor, the cards, and the scale in 1 trade. Then do the ingredients after a game day in another trade.

Look here for more info: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Artifact_Armor_%2B3
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-10 08:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

+3ing AF gear is a 2-step process. Trade your +2 af Armor, the cards, and the scale in 1 trade. Then do the ingredients after a game day in another trade.

Look here for more info: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Artifact_Armor_%2B3
Facts
 Sylph.Snk
By Sylph.Snk 2018-01-10 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this multiple times for multiple pieces of gear. This is the 1st time he's not done anything. It's been 3 game days and he's still holding my +2 hands.

He's been asking for those items and is totally ignoring me when I trade those to him. Something is broken.

He's gotten my 35 BST Cards, Fu Scale, & the +2 Hands. He's offering to return the hands to me but at the cost of losing the Fu scale and 35 cards. So yes I've done everything right. He's just broken for BST Hands +3.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-10 09:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're in the trap with the wrong item...

Seems to be a common thing with fualpie leather

(could be wrong, but Ive seen many people complain about inability to trade, because they had the wrong faulpie)
By geigei 2018-01-10 09:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 2 types of faulpie, 3 ppl i know made this mistake including myself.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-10 09:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this multiple times for multiple pieces of gear. This is the 1st time he's not done anything. It's been 3 game days and he's still holding my +2 hands.

He's been asking for those items and is totally ignoring me when I trade those to him. Something is broken.

He's gotten my 35 BST Cards, Fu Scale, & the +2 Hands. He's offering to return the hands to me but at the cost of losing the Fu scale and 35 cards. So yes I've done everything right. He's just broken for BST Hands +3.
But I did bst hands today on my mule for +3 no issues. There’s either user error or what Eiryls statement.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-10 09:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I think you're in the trap with the wrong item...

Seems to be a common thing with fualpie leather

(could be wrong, but Ive seen many people complain about inability to trade, because they had the wrong faulpie)
This also a possibility
 Sylph.Snk
By Sylph.Snk 2018-01-10 09:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just double checked this. Idk how I missed it but the gobbie says Sqaure of Faulpie leather so I assumed I didn't need to craft anything when the items says Square of Faulpie Leather on it.

Super Herp de Derp on my part.