Ambuscade Volume 1-December 2017
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-12-11 16:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the fastest place for v1 ki this time ?
 Asura.Sanosuke
Server: Asura
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-12-11 16:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Vol1 E as run+brd (2whm trusts,rdm and geo-haste)

Some finding (first tried as sam+brd):
1st run - 2 adds popped around 90%, tried to take the adds near housekeeper to sleep them to see if that would do anything but brd didn't last long.

2nd run (run + brd)
12min fight and no adds popped (maybe Cherukiki was keeping nm silenced, I wasn't paying to much attention).

Brd elegy the housekeeper to see if it would keep her on the hate list. Housekeeper only went for the brd who kept distance from my run and therefore only took 1k dmg.
You can tell if its coming after you so you can run out of range of others.

Setup 1 - I think a rng or blm (lunge did ok dmg) setup might work very nice on this with everyone a little spread out. Soon as you see it coming after you, make sure you have distance.

Setup 2 - if Brd claiming hate on housekeeper was the reason it went after her, then any dd setup killing main NM while brd keeps distance from the party to take the 1k dmg.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-12-11 16:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
whats the fastest place for v1 ki this time ?

Can do Den for worms, or escha zitah(right at zone line)
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-12-11 17:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

just had to check a few worms in escha, some of the are too weak and some are easy prey . just need to kill the weak ones and they might repop as easy prey .
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-11 17:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

VD is relatively simple and fast (~3 min clear time without SPs) with RUN NIN SMN WHM BRD GEO. Adds can definitely spawn even when the Breadwinner is silenced, maybe Silence only lowers the chances or simply doesn't work. Silence lands easily without the need of Threnody or Focus.
EA/Scherzo protects from Souleater which gives enough time to reapply Sleep.
Flaming Crush hits for 99k (+99k Light SC) almost every time with Malaise+BoG/EA Frailty+Armor Break, we were doing Ten > Reso > Flaming Crush.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-11 18:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried it on VE -- no adds, no housekeeper seen (did not check behind pillar for one either, so who knows if it spawned w/ boss or not). We just went in and spammed CDC for a quick win. As its HP gets lower it seems to have a slow aura that cannot be overwritten by Erratic Flutter.

Then tried on easy, and as its hp got lower (below 50%) it finally spawned one urchin which then proceeded to wipe the floor with our faces.

Edit: BLM, RNG, BLU + Apururu, AAEV, Koru-Moru
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-11 19:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[Earthshaker?.] can be outrunned easily..

But!! if adds come near the Housemaker they 1HR and every time we kited near her they 1HRed repeatedly so sleeping them with a BRD is mandatory.
user: utbmw
By Asura.Pompousmaximus 2017-12-11 21:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like you want to pull main mob to starting corner. Kept seeing message saying the boss's cries are having trouble reaching his allies and the other one never came running.

update. we also had 2 dd spamming silence ws gekko and guillotine
also got a scratchy throat comment.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-12 01:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
VD is relatively simple and fast (~3 min clear time without SPs) with RUN NIN SMN WHM BRD GEO. Adds can definitely spawn even when the Breadwinner is silenced, maybe Silence only lowers the chances or simply doesn't work. Silence lands easily without the need of Threnody or Focus.
EA/Scherzo protects from Souleater which gives enough time to reapply Sleep.
Flaming Crush hits for 99k (+99k Light SC) almost every time with Malaise+BoG/EA Frailty+Armor Break, we were doing Ten > Reso > Flaming Crush.
Was RUN necessary for some reason (Gambit? Rayke?) or would PLD work as well? (Savage Blade has the same properties as Resolution)

I'd love some more details on the fight flow with your specific setup.
For instance I still have no clear idea on the specific type and number of enemies that pop in this month's v1.
I get there's a meeble boss and some adds that may or may not pop? But it's kinda difficult to understand without a clear explanation.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-12 05:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN can boost Flaming Crush / Light Skillchains damage with Ignis Gambit and Armor Break with a great axe for Defense Down.
Only the Breadwinner and the Housemaker who is hidden behind a piliar are present at start. The Breadwinner can call Urchin adds but this seems very random, I think more than half of our wins were with zero adds.

You can get different messages during the fight :
"The boss appears to have a difficult time projecting." if the Breadwinner is silenced.
"The boss's cries are having trouble reaching his allies!" if the Breadwinner attempts to call adds and/or the Housemaker when he's silenced.
"The boss's throat is no longer scratchy." if the Breadwinner is no longer silenced.
The problem is that the adds/Housemaker can come even when the boss is silenced, after "The boss's cries are having trouble reaching his allies! " message, I think we're missing something...

The adds hit for over 3000 damage with their Souleater + Hundred Fists combo but EA/Scherzo reduces these hits to 150~, BRD and GEO can keep them asleep. It would be difficult to survive without EA/Scherzo because a single hit from an add can easily kill anyone. Killing them seems a big waste of time. I honestly doubt they designed this fight with EA/Scherzo in mind but it work.
The Housemaker's mechanics have been explained in other posts. Finalwolf is our WHM, I don't know why it's always him who is targeted by Earthshaker? but it's a rather good thing for us. The Breadwinner doesn't need to use Lithic Meeble Warble to call the Housemaker.

GEO does Malaise + Frailty + Entrust Fury.
BRD does Honor March + Madrigal + Scherzo, Elegy + Fire Threnody II on the Breadwinner (since Silence and Defense Down land without difficulties) for Flaming Crush.
SMN does Hastega II + Crystal Blessing + Earthen Armor.
The fight is very short, after Armor Break is used we do Ten > Reso > Flaming Crush until the boss dies, BRD and GEO sleep adds if they pop, WHM heal/erase/silence boss/moves away before Earthshaker?.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-12-12 05:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Finalwolf is our WHM, I don't know why it's always him who is targeted by Earthshaker? but it's a rather good thing for us.

Could Housemaker’s target be 2nd on hate list? That would match with the videos I’ve seen and potentially your situation if it does not count pets and Final is higher than your NIN.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-12 06:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Finalwolf is our WHM, I don't know why it's always him who is targeted by Earthshaker? but it's a rather good thing for us.

Could Housemaker’s target be 2nd on hate list? That would match with the videos I’ve seen and potentially your situation if it does not count pets and Final is higher than your NIN.

For some reason it almost always went after Mages or lets say anyone that casted cure on Tank.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-12 08:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ANyone know what the upgrade mats are for hands?
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-12-12 11:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
ANyone know what the upgrade mats are for hands?

Sch hands +2 are 2 Handshards:Sch, 3 Bztavian Stingers and 1 Fragment of cyan coral

Sch hands +3 are 3 Handshards:Sch, 3 Void handwear:sch and 3 macuil plating's
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-12-12 11:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried this MB setup?

I think run,sch,geo,blmx3 might be a nice quick setup
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-12-12 12:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a NIN there try Ageha instead of full break?
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-12-12 12:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We did a run on difficult using MB’s and a pup tank (geo sch blm pup). It works, it’s long and mp becomes an issue especially when he decides to spam virus. Helix was a good option. The status effects made getting skillchains/MB’s off inconsistent. Key aspect that even made this viable was the fact that silence prevented most adds once one came out and was summarily executed.

I’d recommend a whm and second blm and just bolster using this route. 250 resist blocked the effects from landing however miso plus vex plus attunement was insufficient (that’s only 150? M.eva total, if vex even worked). Be ready to scatter for the housekeeper and move if he settles close or adds immediately hundredfist souleater and keep waking up blue proc !!

Edit: just a few additional note request; blm t6 were doing 35k under bolster, fire seemed to be the best element in our attempt. Death was unsustainable and only did 45k. We don’t believe resistance was an issue as any of us could land enfeebled and free nukes unresisted. Geo was Malaise and I indi-int. Entrusted refresheue to virus reasons. Spaekoni is win for sure. Whm+run Rayleigh would definitely be phenomenal and whm would get target from homecaretaker.
By pchan 2017-12-12 12:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

shell crusher is available to many jobs
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-12 18:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can completely negate the additional status effects of the warble's with the appropriate barspell. It's not related to the actual resist amount as even /whm bar will work. It's not fun at all doing it on reaction every time though, lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 02:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN can boost Flaming Crush / Light Skillchains damage with Ignis Gambit and Armor Break with a great axe for Defense Down.

[cut]
Tried this setup with some friends yesterday, just three attempts on D, but it didn't work out. Maybe someone will help me understand what we were doing wrong. (granted after trying it I get a better idea of how the fight flows at least)

First 2 attempts setup:
RUN
NIN
SMN
BRD
GEO
WHM

Bubbles: Indi-Malaise, Geo-Frailty (BoG/EA), entrust Indi-Fury
DD Songs: Honor March (marcato), Blade Madrigal, Minuet 5, Scherzo
Mage songs: Ballad 3+2, Victory March, Scherzo
SMN buffs: Hastega2, Crystalline Blessing, Earthen Armor, Ifrit's Warcry, Ifrit Favor

Debuffs on Breadwinner: Dia2, Elegy, Nocturne, Silence, Slow, Requiem, Fire Threnody II

Flow of the fight:
After buffing the tank was pulling the Breadwinner to the corner, we would then proceed to debuff and place bubbles.
DDs would attempt Blade: Ten > Resolution > Flaming Crush SC.
This got *** up multiple times by the SMN not being ready. Wasn't his fault, there is a 22seconds cooldown after all.
Most of the time though the issue was Ifrit getting paralyzed or more often just killed.
Even when the SC went off the damage from Flaming Crush and subsequent light SC was nowhere as close as Papesse's.

Checked the SMN's gear and it's basically BiS in every slot except rings where he was using NQ Varar instead of HQ. So clearly gear wasn't the issue.
On these first 2 runs he was using Kusamochi+1 though.

We weren't using Armor Break (RUN didn't have Gaxe) and I'm not sure if he was using 3x Fire runes Gambit/Rayke.

Adds popped both attempts, got easily slept.
Us mages (except Idris) were standing away at around 21 yalms, but not sure that's useful at all, maybe we should stay close for Curagas. I mean after all the range of those Poison/Shock/Virus/Paralyze AoEs is like 25 yalms so what's the use in standing at 21?
Housemaker went for me (BRD) on first attempt, killing both WHM and the SMN thanks to his Earth-something move. I survived, huh?
Second attempt the Housekeeper went for me again. We survived no problem first time, then after a while it happened again and all us 3 mages died.

Third attempt was kinda the same, except NIN swapped to SAM, he was doing the first 2 steps of the SC alone (RUN focused on tanking) and he was of course landing Ageha beforehands.
This time I decided to stand away from the other mages, but of course the Housekeeper decided to go for the WHM instead of me (both WHM and SMN died)
Also SMN used Akamochi+1 instead of Kusamochi
Despite all these changes damage from Flaming Crush/Light SC was still kinda meh. Not bad, but not 90k+ either.

Also, WHM said he was struggling (probably because not everybody was in Curaga range) and he was using Misery instead of Solace for w/e reason. I know ***bout WHM don't ask me!
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-12-13 02:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We weren't fast enough to change barspell each time, but Misery + Esuna was another easy way to take care of the added effects.

Anyone figure out what causes blue procs? Adds waking and instantly killing the BRD remains the biggest reason we lose.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 02:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooo tl;dr
I'm sure we're missing some key aspects of the fight, question is: what?

Why was Flaming Crush damage so... distant from Papesse's numbers?
What were we missing on how to handle the Housekeeper and his Earth-thing move?
(is it a conic frontal btw? If it's a real AoE I think the range is something like 10 yalms, or max 15, no higher than that)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 02:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Geneyus said: »
Anyone figure out what causes blue procs? Adds waking and instantly killing the BRD remains the biggest reason we lose.
I think it's a TP move.
When boss uses a certain TP move the adds proc blue ! and wake up.

If your bard is dedicated to sleeping adds after they pop, it's no issue to resleep them. They take like a couple of seconds from the ! proc before the actually start moving.
Also if you have EA+Scherzo even if they manage to get 1-2 hits before being reslept, nobody is gonna die.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-13 02:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Maybe someone will help me understand what we were doing wrong.

You were playing with Asurans, that was your problem.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-12-13 02:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sechs, things that differ from papesse's strat :

- You were using geo-frailty instead of geo-malaise
- Not using armor break (25% defense down may be a big deal), you could maybe use another WS, like shell crusher.
- No Idris
- Not papesse. (Innate 200% awesomeness++)

Maybe all of these are adding up

Quote:
he was of course landing Ageha beforehands.
sorry, I skipped this line for some reason
By Afania 2017-12-13 02:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried this setup with some friends yesterday, just three attempts on D, but it didn't work out. Maybe someone will help me understand what we were doing wrong.

We did D right after update with super sub optimal 5 people setup: RUN(Tank) GEO BLU (3box) RDM(DD) WHM yoran. Silenced the boss, killed the adds. Was simple enough, didnt bother with anything too complicated such as armor break nor barspell change. Didnt use brd either.

I am guessing the silence wore and didnt reapply.

Or maybe Yoran is awesome.
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2017-12-13 03:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, WHM said he was struggling (probably because not everybody was in Curaga range) and he was using Misery instead of Solace for w/e reason. I know ***bout WHM don't ask me!

Under misery, Esuna can remove 2 effects instead of 1, including those removed by erase + Zombie
[+]
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-12-13 03:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a bit of speculation about the adds on VD.

I'm guessing what is happening is that the adds roam around invisible like the VNMs in abyssea zones. If they are in range when the boss does a Warble, then they will spawn. Silence looks like it shortens this range on VD and prevents adds entirely on lower difficulties?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 03:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
We did D right after update with super sub optimal 5 people setup: RUN(Tank) GEO BLU (3box) RDM(DD) WHM yoran. Silenced the boss, killed the adds. Was simple enough, didnt bother with anything too complicated such as armor break nor barspell change. Didnt use brd either.
Killed the adds hmmm, just zerg them down? How did you handle the adds' powerful melee hits without Scherzo+EA? And how did you handle the Housekeeper and his Earth-something AoE move? Did you kill the Housekeeper too or just the Urchins?
Do the adds repop once killed?

Asura.Neufko said: »
Sechs, things that differ from papesse's strat :

- You were using geo-frailty instead of geo-malaise
- Not using armor break (25% defense down may be a big deal), you could maybe use another WS, like shell crusher.
- No Idris
- Not papesse. (Innate 200% awesomeness++)
He was using BoG/EA on Malaise then, not on Frailty? You sure? Shouldn't BoG/EA on Frailty be better for Flaming Crush, given how the magic part of Fcrush is dependant from the damage done by the physical hits? Frailty should affect both the physical and, indirectly, the magical part of Fcrush, whereas Malaise would increase just the latter. Unless I'm wrong, using BoG/EA on Frailty should grant better damage increase than using BoG/EA on Malaise?

And we did have Idris actually of course.

Asura.Neufko said: »
Under misery, Esuna can remove 2 effects instead of 1, including those removed by erase + Zombie
True, but we weren't standing close enough for the WHM's esuna to catch all of us.
In hindsight I'm wondering if it's worth at all for mages to stand in the backline at 20+ like we were.
I mean the AoE range is 25 yalms anyway, so why bothering standing at 20+ when you're gonna get hit regardless?
Maybe everyone should be stayin at range to make it easier for the WHM to Cura/Curaga/Esuna.

The guy with hate on Housekeeper needs to be fast in moving out of range when he activates though... and how the *** do you tell who has hate on it? You don't really have much time for that.
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2017-12-13 03:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

He was using BoG/EA on Malaise then, not on Frailty? You sure?

No :) I haven't drink enough coffee it seems. Please ignore my post completely ha ha

(maybe not the last statement)