Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 28 29 30
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-15 13:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question for low man... how does the three parties with trusts work if you can't all attack the same target?

from bgwiki

"Parties must be between 3 and 18 players.
There may not be more than 50 parties participating in Divergence at once. Trusts may be called in individual parties. It is possible to have up to 3 separate parties in Dynamis-Divergence with trusts.
In a case like this with more than one alliance group in the zone, neither claim of monsters nor any loot is shared among any of the separate groups."
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-15 14:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Different parties split up to fight different trash mobs, with a goal of speeding up overall farming and increasing total medal/shard drops (which you can just split up as desired after the run).

Depends on the strength of your parties though, might not be worth it if the players you have would have faster overall kill speed teamed up on same mobs versus fighting multiple pulls at once.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-17 14:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what post on site was discussing the freshly picked and dyna wave 3 zone and rema enhancement? I remember reading it but cannot for the life of me find what post it was on.
By Nyarlko 2018-08-18 14:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Does anyone know what post on site was discussing the freshly picked and dyna wave 3 zone and rema enhancement? I remember reading it but cannot for the life of me find what post it was on.

Always BGwiki, in the Dev Tracker Discussion thread. That's where I post my translations, and occasionally copy/paste to here. ^^
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-19 12:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Odin.Slore said: »

Always BGwiki, in the Dev Tracker Discussion thread. That's where I post my translations, and occasionally copy/paste to here. ^^

I went page by page ctrl F-ing for augment but didn't find anything specifically about the augments. I recently returned to the game or I likely would be up to date on all the happenings and what's upcoming to the game. I've heard differing accounts from different people, but the gist appears to be we're getting two different augment updates:

1) In September, RMEA are getting augment paths that are unlocked via points gained by killing the wave 3 boss of each Dyna D zone, with each zone corresponding to one type of weapon. I forget the breakdown of zone that was told to me, except for Bastok being Mythic/Ergon.

2) Dyna weapons and necks are getting augments of some kind. Nothing further is known, though they may be coming in September as well.

Is that correct?
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-19 13:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the major posts the info was on.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/130975-Dev-Tracker-Discussion-II?p=7071491&viewfull=1#post7071491

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/130975-Dev-Tracker-Discussion-II?p=7074444&viewfull=1#post7074444
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-19 13:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks much, that helped a ton! Being gone from the game for over 2.5 years, it's good to see them addressing content additions like that. Do they do Freshly Picked every month? If so, we should be expecting the next here shortly to give us more details on the augments and potentially other content plans yeah?
By Nyarlko 2018-08-19 14:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

Thanks much, that helped a ton! Being gone from the game for over 2.5 years, it's good to see them addressing content additions like that. Do they do Freshly Picked every month? If so, we should be expecting the next here shortly to give us more details on the augments and potentially other content plans yeah?

FP streams are not guaranteed to be monthly, but generally are done every 1-2 months. I believe that instead of doing one for August (and maybe covering September too,) they are participating in a Dengenki Brigrade offline party which will be broadcast on NicoNicoLive sometime soonish. I forget the actual date, but know that I noted that in the BG Dev Tracker thread too. :x Just checked and it's August 25th, so it's very unlikely we'll see an actual FP until the October update at the soonest.

Your earlier points were mostly correct. Only correction to make for is that Divergence weapons were included along with RMEA for the multi-path augment description. Only the necks were stated to be locked into a single augment path.

Here's the link to the English summary dev post on the OF:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54229-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-40-Digest?p=608551#post608551
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-19 20:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The Wave 3 bosses have the lowest dark resistance in the zone; DRKs can land Absorbs no problem without geo macc support.

Absorb-Attri is especially nice on the Sandy boss, as you can steal Temper II.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2018-08-19 21:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Was having a similar discussion about how DRK friendly the wave 3 bosses are. I think killing the fetter's drops them to almost no MEVA at all for their respective elements. Always full power drain 3s, just went all out on our first win today and tanked almost the entire fight with DRK's massive HP Pool + Dread spikes.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-20 01:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody know where I can find the details of what exactly the "weekly campaign" affects, drops-wise, in Dynamis Divergence zones?
Any details yet on how it affects Wave3?
 Sylph.Chosenone
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chosenone 2018-08-29 22:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardAverageWrenchLitFam

turns out if you cfh it you don't get the title after beating the boss.
By Dadian 2018-08-29 22:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm, was there.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-07 08:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I need some clarification on what my group is doing wrong for wave 2 bosses. Particularly for Bastok. We’ve been three stepping light with SCH and RNG (Trueflight) and bursting Thunder nukes. We’ve got Fearsinger to 1% our first attempt with this method. It took a lot of tweaking during the course of that fight to get there though. We’ve tried variations of this strategy two or three additional times and have done progressively worse each time. I need

AoE has been a huge problem for us past 50%.

Do shadows absorb the AoE Fearsinger puts out? How many SMN are required to keep the AoE under control with Mewing Lullaby? How are SMNs defending against AoE when it happens? Is there something more they need to be doing aside from keeping Stoneskin up and equipping a DT Set? If shadows do absorb the AoE, is a melee burn preferable assuming everyone subs /NIN? Should we have BRDs in every party for Scherzo? Can you pull Fearsinger to a corner and everyone dog pile on him? How does the front conal AoE affect a melee burn?

Any additional suggestions, tips, etc, would be really helpful. We need a win.

Thanks in advance!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-07 11:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Put up fury and barrier, smash it in the face until it stops moving.

The NM's AoE is 25 feet, your not going to be able to "keep mages safe in the back with refresh gear", they will die when he does one of this WTFBBQ moves. Having done this NM many times, the difference between those who easily survive and those who instantly get exploded under 50% HP is having a button that forces the DT set on. All the Dyna boss's follow the same basic pattern, laughably easy above 50% then under 50% they get hard with overpowered moves that require some sort of defensive buff.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-09-07 12:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The NM's AoE is 25 feet, your not going to be able to "keep mages safe in the back with refresh gear", they will die when he does one of this WTFBBQ moves.

You can use Scherzo and Earthen Armor together, they stack so you just intentionally don't use DT gear. Just remember to keep recasting it or else catastrophic failure.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-09-07 13:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They use TP moves too often to use Scherzo/Earthern Armor, those will absorb only 1 hit, Barrier/Wilt + Armor break, Defense songs, Fend/Fade etc are your best tools. Apply based on monster ability/preferences.

RUN can apply these enfeeblements if you have another person tanking, the duration for things like armor break is very long (3min at 100% TP). Ayanmo provides a good amount of m.acc/acc for these skills.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-09-07 14:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
They use TP moves too often to use Scherzo/Earthern Armor, those will absorb only 1 hit, Barrier/Wilt + Armor break, Defense songs, Fend/Fade etc are your best tools. Apply based on monster ability/preferences.

Nope, those are timed, You're thinking of Migawari.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-09-19 14:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having a bit of trouble finding information on Fetter mechanics, looked through this thread last buncha pages and didn’t find what I remember readin like 2 months back. Maybe it’s in the Dev thread...

That being said, we have been practicing jeuno wave 2 boss into wave 3. We have no issues with the goblin or taking out the volte mobs around the Fire Fetter but when time comes to pull the disjointed we got our *** whooped. From what I’ve seen you need to pull the disjointed away from them Fetter? Does that stop the AoE spam? We are runnin with mage set up. Is the idea to just kill the Fetter before the disjointed has a chance to go ham on the holding tank? Any sorta clarifying info would be appreciated.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-09-19 14:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

just have a tank pull the disjoined away and put geo fade and the correspondent barspell from white mages. fetters only do magic damage. you might want to use a bog fade for light and dark fetters
By geigei 2018-09-19 14:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tank tag fetter after adds are killed, get disjoined and move it away, others kill fetter. Need fade/fend/shell/carol/bar to mitigate dmg.

Beaten!
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-09-19 14:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The fetter pulses on whoever it targets. Seems to have a 30 yalm radius. When I tank it I maintain 15+ yalms while holding the disjoined while the DD destroy the fetter. This puts you outa range from it doing it's move on you. The disjoined ??? will disappear after. If you get an Aurix on fetter, it doesn't disappear after the fetter is destroyed. Have to actually pew pew it down.

Alternatively you can also put on the proper resists etc...
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-20 19:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you do more than one path type by the 2 methods? Like jp to unlock mythic and then at same time do dyna wave 3 dmg to unlock say empy?
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-09-20 20:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The two methods are independent of each other. I traded a few JPs to him just to see if dialogue would change or previews of weapons would be provided, then when we finally went into Dyna and I got my light mask, the unlock was provided and JP turn in was no longer an option.

No reason you couldn't, though a 14~ week reason that you shouldn't.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-21 18:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows anything about the Mijin Gakure from Wave3 Ninjas?
As everybody knows it's single target and not AoE.
Our RUN tipically survives (never saw our RUN die from that) whereas our Aegis PLD, who's got pretty good gear, dies taking like over 3k damage. Every. Bloody. Time.

I'm wondering... is it a matter of RUN's much higher Meva/MDB? Sounds strange but it could be.

I was more thinking about this new single target Mijin being "bugged" and for whatever reason ignoring Aegis' MDT?
I'd love to read more experiences about it.
Bet it's still non elemental magic damage like the AoE one?
Unless it's non elemental breath damage, which could explain a thing or two since if I recall Aegis'MDT doesn't work on Breath damage, correct?
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-09-21 18:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes sense if its breath damage and RUNs just resist it at face value. As you said, Aegis MDT II doesn't work on breath damage.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-21 18:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but our RUN was getting hit for... I don't remember, was it 300 or 500 damage? Something like that. It's a pretty huge difference.

Especially considering that I'm sure our PLD tank must have a good chunk of DT (which does work on Breath Damage I think!).
Granted at best that's 50% so that would mean those 3k mijins were actually 6k mijin?

And our RUN consistantly gets a >6k damage reduced to 300/500 damage just with Meva/MDB?
Uuuuuh, sounds a bit too much if those numbers are real and I'm not missing something?

Edit:
Nvm forgot our RUN likely has lots of DT as well. So that 300/500 probably means 600/1000. Now numbers are looking a bit more plausible I guess.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-21 18:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wave 3 Mijin caps at exactly 4000 damage, so it does seem to be breath damage.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-21 18:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case what would be more effective on mitigating the damage between Fade and Vex?

Granted of Course stuff like Rampart, One For All and Sacrosanctity all should work pretty well to that end.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-21 21:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If that's the case what would be more effective on mitigating the damage between Fade and Vex?

My understanding is that both of those are nerfed inside Dynamis just like all the Geomancy debuffs. Probably just OFA or Cureskin, seriously Cureskin is bad *** for stuff like this.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 28 29 30