Average completion time for REMAs
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-11-06 16:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious what average time frames are for completing each of the REMAs. I know that some are more annoying than others (e.g. 50 Glavoids) and gil will also affect the completion time. But for someone who has never started a REMA, and only recently gotten back into the game (i.e. not much gil), what is a realistic timeline for a relic, a mythic, an empyrean, and an aeonic weapon if one were to rely as little as possible on purely farming (except possibly ambuscade). I'm not in any rush, but would like to start on the path of least resistance. I mainly play BRD and THF, but I also dabble in WHM, RDM, and BLM.

I have woodworking around 87 so I do not expect to get much out of that unless I devote whatever gil I have now into maxing it out (and even then, I am not sure I can compete with those who already have shields and plenty of +woodworking gear).

For relic currency, I usually try to focus on NMs and NM pops for Dynamis, proc'ing on the mobs that drop the pops (and I suspect that I am simply just "doing it wrong"). Plus, I also blew 20 100's on getting up to a Dynamis dagger only to read that a Mandau is the weakest of the REMA daggers (*sigh*). Now I have a completed Dynamis horn, but am still short about 40/60 100's on the remaining Montiont/Lungo-Nango's.

I have some Alexandrites saved from the lvl 75 days, but not much. I don't have BLU even unlocked yet, so it seems like mythics are going to be delayed for a long time until I can get off my arse and unlock the job and learn the necessary spells. Then again, this may be what I need to do first to speed up everything else related to REMAs. My understanding is that BLUs can very quickly clear Salvage II, and I have seen the effectiveness in mass AoE for CP/silt/beads in Escha.

I can spam Ambuscade and max out on sellables, but usually get burned out on Ambuscade after about 2 weeks into the new update.

I am only 40k beads into my first Aeonic and have a social shell to clear probably up to T3. Not sure what to do with T4/HELM.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-11-06 16:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
THF and DNC can do Salvage II. Not as fast as BLU or SAM/DNC but still doable in 45mins per run say.

How much faster is a BLU or SAM/DNC able to clear? And what amount of alexandrites is reasonable per run?
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Server: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2017-11-06 16:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a super casual player nowadays with a play time of 2-3 days a week. I decided to make a mythic (Tizona) as a way to have a long-term goal in game. Starting at ToAU Sargeant rank and about 6 million gil on me took me 2 months to complete a 119 Tizona. I did have an advantage of starting quest with 100k Nyzul Tokens and 60k Therion Ichor so not that much farming.

Edit: Farmed Alex on blu/rdm, Silver Sea Remnants II, each run taking about 25 mins and averaged 130 alex per run.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-06 16:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I clear on blu in around 30 min any/all of the 4 zones. The one with Cerberus is easy and lots of gears and NMs to pop and kill, walk away with 1 linen and almost 50 singles average 125 a run that way, add in any x2 linen and cotton.

Bst is easy enough with the Eft can clear in about 40 min
Dnc mnk thf all take about the same time if clearing whole zone, 45~55 min
 Leviathan.Dippity
user: Dippy23
By Leviathan.Dippity 2017-11-06 17:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I go dnc to dvergr or SSR i should say and with farming the 1 farm floor the run only takes 25 mins. I got a buddy that goes on rdm and he can solo the zone in 17 mins.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-06 17:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They all differ and depend on what you have. Relics are generally easier to make, as all you need is the currency.

Mythics take much longer to make if you're having to rank up, get nyzul tokens, and do everything else on top of the alexandrite stage.

Empyreans are easier to make these days, as Riftcinders/dross are far more available, so the only really annoying part is collecting items, but that's not too difficult with Abyssea buffs & Trusts.

I made my mythic solo (minus nyzul token farm), casually, in about 5-6 months. The worst stage was farming gil/salvage for alexandrite. Otherwise everything else was fun and it didn't feel like work. I could've done it quicker, but I'm not on every day and it was something I chipped away at in my spare time.
 Asura.Fabiano
Server: Asura
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2017-11-06 17:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
How much faster is a BLU or SAM/DNC able to clear? And what amount of alexandrites is reasonable per run?

I recently finished my mythic and tracked all my salvage runs in a spreadsheet.

Went as BLU, like Brotherhood mentioned, took roughly 20-30 minutes per run and BLU was much faster than other jobs I tried it as (PUP/RDM/THF/DNC). While I don't have BST geared, I have a friend also doing a mythic farm as BST and reports it being very fast as that job as well. I used to run Arrapago II daily at the start, but by the half-way mark I just did Bhaflau Remnants II over and over out of habit.

My worst Alexandrite haul was 89 (Low singles, No cotton drops, and an unlucky 53 roll on the Linen)
My best Alexandrite haul was 251 (High singles, high cotton roll, and 2 linen which both rolled 93+92)
Total average Alexandrites came to 128 per run (over my 100+ runs) so you can probably expect something around that.

Hope this helps
[+]
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2017-11-06 17:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With regards to finishing your Horn or Mandau, i found dynamis jueno to be the best, for me at least, i was pulling 600-800 coin per run back when i made Aegis, this was on THF, and it was rotating the pop NMs near in the palace, so 40-60 100's shouldn't take too long once you find a rhythm and obviously depending on if you have competition, if you finished RoE you can re-enter as much as you like, so if you go in and the area you like to farm is taken, exit and go to a different one.

As for Aeonic, there are many (too many) mercs out there that are willing to "help" with that, price is dependent on server, cheapest on Assura is 150mil, i think, for a full clear and like.. 70mil for Reis T4s.

As for gil, wait until there is a VW campaign and spam the crap out of Morta (Dross/Cinder) or Aello (HMP) this way you get the gil to buy most or what you want, if you don't want an Empy weapon. If you have 1k+ stones, that "should" with luck, net you enough gil to be able to finish at least a 119 REM or get an Aenoic merced.

And if you can stand Spambuscade for 2 weeks at a time, that should make a big dent in any currency you want to collect.

Also, with the state of the game right now and the jobs you listed, i would recommend at least finishing your Horn, as BRD is used quite a bit. And as there is no 119 on Horn, you could finish that in maybe a week.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-11-06 18:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions! This gives me a better idea of how I can track my progress (short of creating a spreadsheet :-)
By Afania 2017-11-06 23:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience farming salvage2 on COR, BR2 takes 18 min AR2 takes roughly 25 min. None ever come close to ambuscade though. I usually just save 4-5 seals and burn them all in vol1 D/VD. It's also harder to burn out in ambu because it changes every month and it's doable on many different jobs.
By Lotomos 2017-11-07 01:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been farming Zhayolm on THF/DNC for the last few weeks and I've averaging around 27 minute runs at like 80 alex a run.

If you can farm on a BLU it will speed up your runs and increase your alex haul.

Post deleted by User.
By Darksparksnot 2017-11-07 01:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming alex in salvage for mythic is like doing wkr for ergon. My thf was able to pull 1k coins in dynamis long time ago, also other ways to make gil faster and buy mats. Made yagrush in a few days tri boxing.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-11-07 02:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

People usually exagerate when they say how many currency they can farm per run/hour. I farm dyna jeuno almost every day, 2 times a day, and the outcome greatly varies. it depends on how lucky you get with 100 drops and it depends on how well you are geared.

As far for doing SalvageII i tend to stick to zhayolm because the mini boss and boss are easier to do on DNC. My DNC is well geared (no terp though) but I do have a set for Aeolian edge and I've chipped my runtime down to half an hour (but tbh I find salvage mindblowing boring)
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-11-07 03:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

salvage clear time is linked to runspeed and how many mobs you skip. br2 on blu/rdm takes me around 16 minutes if I skip everything but the first 2 mobs for gearslots, and the bosses, can´t really go that much faster without bolter's roll or sprint imo. clearing both gear wings puts me at ~22min clear time.
there is no gain in finishing faster besides personal satisfaction (and an earlier toilet break) tho, as you can enter only once per game day anyway. so as long as you finish within 50 minutes to enter the next one, you´re fine.

regarding dynamis, on thf/dnc I used to get 600-900 coins per run depending on my 100s luck, most of the time it was around 700. the bad part about dynamis is that a zone can´t really supply more than 3 competent farmers.

as for completion times, I made amano after returning to the game within 2 months. aegis was done in 2 days, I just funneled frog ambuscade money into it. burtgang I started at PFC rank without any token/ichor stored up, it took me 2 months to ag it (tho I took a break from the game inbetween). almace trials took me a week, and another 3 for raising the gil for hmp/cinder/boulder.
 Asura.Aaliana
user: edster105
By Asura.Aaliana 2017-11-07 04:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
From my experience farming salvage2 on COR, BR2 takes 18 min AR2 takes roughly 25 min. None ever come close to ambuscade though. I usually just save 4-5 seals and burn them all in vol1 D/VD. It's also harder to burn out in ambu because it changes every month and it's doable on many different jobs.
excuse my ignorance with ambuscade but why doesn't anything else come close when farming?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-11-07 04:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Because a single 10 minutes Intense VD run with a seal popped neats 10.8k hallmarks, which can be used to buy 720 alexandrites (or another more profitable currency). It's something usually only the best players can do though.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-07 05:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aaliana said: »
excuse my ignorance with ambuscade but why doesn't anything else come close when farming?

Scenario A:

Spam Ambuscade V1 [D] and get up to 50k HM, 2400HM X [10 min Run + 5 min Ki] x 8 runs (Assuming 2 Hours V1) = 19,200 HM (not including Seals)

-Every Month you can get up to 1750 Alex's from 26,250 HM

-You can sell other currency from HM exchange and buy Alex with it very fast roughly 25M from all currency not including (Plutons, Boulders, Beits) thats almost 4300 Alex.

Technically speaking you spend 4 days "Sundays for seal" (2 Hours Each) in V1 and get up to 6000 Alex or 1 Day spamming seals.

Scenario B:

-Assuming Daily farm (2 salvage runs/2 Hours Play time) can net 300 Alex roughly.
For a month thats 9000 Alex on daily bases.

Scenario C:

Do both Scenarios (A+B) and farm up to 15000 Alex in one month, if you have the luxury of playtime (4 hours daily)
You will be realistically done in 2 months.

-------------------------------------------
To me, for a busy and hectic schedule + LS events I choose Scenario A over any to farm weapons, also if you have a static party (6 people doing the same) you can circulate farms to finish a weapon for each using A.

Also, I think Salvage can suck your soul /shrug
Disclaimer: Clear times on V1 may vary~
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-11-07 05:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Asura.Aaliana said: »

Scenario A:

Spam Ambuscade V1 [D] and get up to 50k HM, 2400HM X [10 min Run + 5 min Ki] x 8 runs (Assuming 2 Hours V1) = 19,200 HM (not including Seals)

-Every Month you can get up to 1750 Alex's from 26,250 HM

-You can sell other currency from HM exchange and buy Alex with it very fast roughly 25M from all currency not including (Plutons, Boulders, Beits) thats almost 4300 Alex.

Technically speaking you spend 4 days (2 Hours Daily) in V1 and get up to 6000 Alex or 1 Day spamming seals.

Scenario B:

-Assuming Daily farm (2 salvage runs/2 Hours Play time) can net 300 Alex roughly.
For a month thats 9000 Alex on daily bases.

Scenario C:

Do both Scenarios (A+B) and farm up to 15000 Alex in one month, if you have the luxury of playtime (4 hours daily)
You will be realistically done in 2 months.

-------------------------------------------
To me, for a busy and hectic schedule + LS events I choose Scenario A over any to farm weapons, also if you have a static party (6 people doing the same) you can circulate farms to finish a weapon for each using A.

Also, I think Salvage can suck your soul /shrug
Disclaimer: Clear times on V1 may vary~

Consider also that if you have a usable mule or two (like a WHM or BRD mule) you can main-pilot those to cap out your Alex + Gil rewards even faster (2-3x faster)

I strongly recommend that you don't attempt to dual-box unless you're very seasoned at it, as this can cause mishaps. But well geared mules can be very useful

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2017-11-07 12:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

to OP:
R/E/M/As done right after salary is deposited into my account: 1-2 hours of 30-60 chinese "friends" working hard like drone ants.

towards end of the month when I would be broke: rate of 5+ years of farming/missions solo with no friends, 4everalone
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-07 18:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
to OP:
R/E/M/As done right after salary is deposited into my account: 1-2 hours of 30-60 chinese "friends" working hard like drone ants.

towards end of the month when I would be broke: rate of 5+ years of farming/missions solo with no friends, 4everalone

Why did I laugh so hard at this???
By fonewear 2017-11-07 19:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

to OP:

Did you beat the game yet ?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-07 21:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

to OP:

I lol'd
 Shiva.Anoq
Server: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2017-11-13 13:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of a necro, just wanted to add that I just came back to game and decided to start playing PLD again, so need Aegis and Ochain. I just finished my Ochain the other day after about 1 week, and I believe it has the same path/items as the Horn. Might take a little bit when you start, but after a while you will get into a groove. Now I get to start Aegis, and while I know it's going to take more time, finishing my Ochain motivated me to just knock out Aegis asap.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-11-13 13:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, with no multi-characters, it took 8 months to get Idris. Currently on month 5 for Epeolatry (Using idris to get into parties to pay for Epeolatry).

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2