2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Keyboard buttons stop working
Keyboard buttons stop working
By DaneBlood 2023-03-04 14:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evolved said: »
Same here as Daneblood. Yesterday it happened when I lost connection, and relogged in without closing out the client.

Sometimes while I am playing, the same exact thing happens that Daneblood described. Alt-F4'ing the client (because it won't let you /shutdown, the enter key doesn't work, nor the - key) and completely starting a new windower client fixes it.

same i terminated my two mules in taskmanager, and restarted the game. no issues anymore

just weird
By DaneBlood 2023-03-04 16:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ran into the same issues agin but in my main character this time.
zoned with rune portal in whitegate (used mouse to click on the menu)
ten alt-tabbed to reaad something while the animation was going.
alt-tabed back and keyboard is wonky
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
By ithorien 2023-04-11 09:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Ran into the same issues agin but in my main character this time.
zoned with rune portal in whitegate (used mouse to click on the menu)
ten alt-tabbed to reaad something while the animation was going.
alt-tabed back and keyboard is wonky

Are you by any chance using a controller? This stopped happening to me for a while, and now it's back again. Windower with an Xbox One controller.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [140 days between previous and next post]
By DaneBlood 2023-08-29 18:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ithorien said: »
Are you by any chance using a controller? This stopped happening to me for a while, and now it's back again. Windower with an Xbox One controller.

no controller here. just kb/mouse
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2023-08-29 22:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am able to see this a few times running on multi-boxing.

The most common way to reproduce it is to type something in the chat box, but don't hit enter, then switch to another Window and switch back using a mouse click to activate the window.

When the problem happens, hitting Enter will not get any response. The window still response to mouse clicks. I can use right click to close the chatbox and hit / to open it again but Enter/ESC has no response. The other multi-box windows works as normal.

One thing to add is that this starts to happen to me when I switch from a hardware KVM solution to using Barrier https://github.com/debauchee/barrier. It occasionally happens even when the KVM is disabled so not 100% sure if the KVM is the root cause.

There was 1 time when it recovered after random mashing but I can't recall the keys used to clear the issue.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-09-21 13:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So just an update from mee

the issue has bene really annoying recently and i released istarter around the time i reinstall synergy (software KM switch) to control my work laptop as well while playing ffxi.

I just had the issue happened twice in a row AND RECOVERED.
I simple ran my mouse cursor back over to the work laptop.
clicked something.
moved it back to my gaming rig monitors.
Clicked something that IS NOT FFXI... then click FFXI and the kayboard control's game back.

it appears for me that if you return from a non local scrren to a local scrren and click FFXI as the first thing. keyboard functionality is wonky

Hope it can help other

probably highly related to the issue Carbuncle.Arakon mentioned
[+]