Random Politics & Religion #27

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 50 51 52
By Viciouss 2017-09-05 18:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
From the sounds of it, he's pawning it off on Congress.

Thats all he did, but he couldn't make the announcement himself, he had to send his AG. Nothing changes, and if Congress can't get it done in 6 months, Trump will just extend it until they do. The GOP torpedoed it last time, so I wouldn't be too optimistic.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-05 18:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Only in America can people break a law and we not do anything to punish them. Every other country in the world enforces immigration laws.
You do realize that this whole concept would would be a non sequitur if the natives had immigration laws.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-05 18:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Only in America can people break a law and we not do anything to punish them. Every other country in the world enforces immigration laws.
You do realize that this whole concept would would be a non sequitur if the natives had immigration laws.

They did, the invading people disagreed with them.

Now tell us how well that worked out for those native people?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-05 19:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a solution just force these dreamers to join the army ! Instead of doing whatever it is undocumented people to do.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-09-05 19:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a solution just force these dreamers to join the army ! Instead of doing whatever it is undocumented people to do.

Quite a bit of them are already in the military...
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-05 19:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Quite a bit of them are already in the military...

Not if they aren't legal. Part of the initial entry is birth certificates or other citizenship documents. If they aren't US citizens they need to provide immigration papers showing they entered legally "with inspection". Otherwise they aren't eligible for enlistment period end of story. Non-citizens are only eligible to serve one enlistment, but Military service has an expedited citizenship process so that service members can get naturalized.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-09-05 20:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a couple of, I'm gonna spell this wrong, Shieks? At basic. They weren't citizens yet but had legal papers of some sort. They were granted citizenship within a year. Bad *** sons of *** too.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-05 20:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And before you spout ignorance about MAVNI, that program is for pulling in people with extremely rare skills like languages. It bypasses all immigration requirements period. Obama used MAVNI to get a handful of DACA illegals into the military. They would of been eligible for MAVNI anywsy if applying from their home nstion. MAVNI is one of those programs that can be used to recruit translators from unfriendly nations.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-05 20:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
We had a couple of, I'm gonna spell this wrong, Shieks? At basic. They weren't citizens yet but had legal papers of some sort. They were granted citizenship within a year. Bad *** sons of *** too.

Yeah I knew a bunch of guys who got citizenship through the Army. They all had I94s showing legal status, similarly they got citizenship in a year or two. I was actually in Korea where a south african got his citizenship. Embassy people came to the base and they did this big ceremony with the general congratulating them.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-05 20:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2017-09-05 20:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-05 20:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a shame though the parents shouldn't have put their children in a situation like this. They should have just come to the country legally. But that makes too much sense.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-05 21:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Canada demands U.S. end ‘right to work’ laws as part of NAFTA talks
The Globe and Mail

Quote:
Canadian negotiators are demanding the United States roll back so-called "right to work" laws – accused of gutting unions in some U.S. states by starving them of money – as part of the renegotiation of the North American free-trade agreement. The request is part of a push by Ottawa to get the U.S. and Mexico to adopt higher labour standards under the deal.

Mexico, meanwhile, is campaigning to include its oil and gas sector in the deal.

These major moves on the labour and energy files came over the weekend at the second round of NAFTA renegotiations in Mexico City....
It does go on.

TLDR: Canada doesn't want to compete with un unionized labor south of their border.
By fonewear 2017-09-05 21:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Canada demands...HA !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-06 00:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So many libs today insisted Joe American won't pick avacados for 5 bucks and hour, yet seem to forget they think there should be a 15 dollar minimum wage. I guess they just mean for everyone but Hispanics...

Maybe the left is secretly full of ancaps? Nah it's just one of those inadvertent examples of their racism.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-06 00:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti native American tribes slaughtered each other, owned slaves and raped women as part of their cultures and conquests. They did not respect other's claims to land or to self governance/autonomy.

This stale "everything was fine until the white man showed up" meme needs to be put out of it's misery.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-06 00:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To think the day might actually come where we get to kick out this smug criminal alien back to Mexico (or wherever she came from).

Music to my ears. People might actually not brag about illegally ripping of the country.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-09-06 01:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a great cause to get hard off of. The last thing the modern GOP needs in this county is more educated people.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-09-06 02:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
So many libs today insisted Joe American won't pick avacados for 5 bucks and hour, yet seem to forget they think there should be a 15 dollar minimum wage. I guess they just mean for everyone but Hispanics...

Maybe the left is secretly full of ancaps? Nah it's just one of those inadvertent examples of their racism.
This literally makes no sense.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-09-06 06:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti native American tribes slaughtered each other, owned slaves and raped women as part of their cultures and conquests. They did not respect other's claims to land or to self governance/autonomy.

This stale "everything was fine until the white man showed up" meme needs to be put out of it's misery.

The Cherokee fought on the side of the Confederacy in the Civil War. These racists need to be stricken from History.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-06 06:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To think the day might actually come where we get to kick out this smug criminal alien back to Mexico (or wherever she came from).

Music to my ears. People might actually not brag about illegally ripping of the country.

Let me guess she wants to work for the ACLU to bring in more undocumented immigrants.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-06 06:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only one solution we must all enter Mexico illegally and flood the country by opening up Taco Bells !
By Nausi 2017-09-06 07:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Such a great cause to get hard off of. The last thing the modern GOP needs in this county is more educated people.
Cmon Pleebo its a public school GPA/valedictorian, it doesn't even mean she can read at an adult level.
By Nausi 2017-09-06 07:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

All these dreamers should be handed a bill on their way out for all the services we've paid for in their rise to adulthood.
By Nausi 2017-09-06 07:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean can there be any contesting anymore that liberals have no respect for the rule of law?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 50 51 52