Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sunbreeze 2017 - Mumor Automation
Sunbreeze 2017 - Mumor Automation
By Sammeh 2017-08-13 22:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This has got to be the most boring event ever; so much so that I was asked to automate it.

https://github.com/SammehFFXI/FFXIAddons/tree/master/Mumor

This was a bit more difficult than I think it needed to be. Mainly because of two things: 1) There's no native way to /emote to a target by name (at least for npcs) so I had to use packets. 2) Packets library doesn't have a definition for Emotes. So I had to figure out the bits.

This will make installation a little more difficult too. You'll have to edit the file "libs\packets\fields.lua" and insert the definition for use. (I'll submit this addition to main Windower fork but that can take a while to import/merge).

Edit libs\packets\fields.lua and look for outgoing.0x05C (emotes are 0x05D which aren't defined). Should be around line 692 where it ends. Paste this in after it:
Code
-- Emote 
fields.outgoing[0x05D] = L{
    {ctype='unsigned int',      label='Target',             fn=id},             -- 04
    {ctype='unsigned short',    label='Target Index',       fn=index},          -- 08
    {ctype='unsigned char',     label='Emote'},                                 -- 0A -- emote # - pull from resources
	{ctype='unsigned char',     label='Motion'},                                -- 0B -- 0 for normal, 2 for 'motion' (silent)
    {ctype='unsigned short',    label='Dance Index'},                           -- 0C -- dance1 = 2, dance2 = 3, dance3 = 4, dance4 = 5
    {ctype='unsigned short',    label='_unknown1'},                             -- 0E -- always 0
}

Then load 'mumor' just as you would any add-on. (Make a folder in Addons directory called 'mumor' then save mumor.lua to it. In game //lua load mumor

Can probably do some timer editing (coroutine.sleep) 4 is quite slow but worked.

Stand next to Mumor. This will handle the rest. When done run back to moogle for prizes.

For the most boring 16 min video you've ever seen:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Sammeh 2017-08-13 22:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry meant to add you can use //mumor motion to silence the emotes. Type it again to re-enable the emotes etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-08-13 22:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantastic!
I sank hours into this event trying to complete my trusts list.
and I wasn't getting anywhere.
whether lag, or just not quick enough, I couldn't get the timing right.

This will probably increase the number of players who actually participate in this event.... though they won't spend as much time on it anymore. I know I skipped it for years cuz it was so boring.

I only tried it recently cuz I was motivated to fill out my trusts.
By Sammeh 2017-08-13 23:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a quick 1.0.1 update. Forgot to swap back to Uka targeting on subsequent rounds. This quick fix just happens when Bongo says 'enjoy the show' - so it assumes you'll be there for the start. Worst case, //lua r mumor to reload which sets default target back.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2017-08-13 23:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i had no issue with the event doing it on my own
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2017-08-14 00:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

People are so lazy and unskilled they can't even do silly events now without 3rd party stuff n thangs?
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-08-14 00:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this every year, but still managed to forget a few things, and had to dig up an old forum thread to remind me.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/12683/fantastic-fraulein-mumor/#741346

Also worth noting that buying stuff from npc before the event supposedly boosts up your syncs (idk by how much), you have to talk to the lone moogle standing some distance away to get the rewards after each event, and that it may take at least 3 events with a majority of synced moves before you earn MVP status and the bcnm KI.

The biggest thing to point out, which I haven't seen too many mention, is that there are 2 new prizes and a new BCNM from the event this year. There's a thread on it here that some might have missed:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51259/sunbreeze-after-party/

Only those with the KI can enter the bcnm, but 6 ullegore statues will drop, so if you're in zone with other people they can lot the extras. Only those who had KI and won the fight can afterwards talk to the lone moogle and get a Mumor statue.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [361 days between previous and next post]
By Sammeh 2018-08-09 21:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro bump. Updated for 2018 - someone updated fields.lua with an emote packet so updated my code (Thx to Langly for pointing it out.).

Just //lua load mumor talk to moogle, then go stand next to where the mumor event takes place, everything else is automated.

https://github.com/SammehFFXI/FFXIAddons/tree/master/Mumor
[+]