SwitchMon help
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Xiong
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2017-07-28 14:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys,

I just downloaded SwitchMon. I've run it as administrator and tried compatibility modes. The issue I'm having is it only works if switchmon is the active window. Any ideas? Thanks!
 Fenrir.Kogah
Server: Fenrir
user: Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2017-07-28 17:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this same issue I'll see if I can find how I fixed it!
 Fenrir.Kogah
user: Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2017-07-28 17:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, I think I remember. Windows 10 has an issue with Xbox controllers while not in focus. Are you using an XboX controller? I had to go back to my good old dual shock 2 with an adapter.
 Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2017-07-28 20:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kogah said: »
Wait, I think I remember. Windows 10 has an issue with Xbox controllers while not in focus. Are you using an XboX controller? I had to go back to my good old dual shock 2 with an adapter.

This is correct.

Someone looked into it earlier this year and found a solution.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47135/ffxi-switch-monitor/2/#3259271

Asura.Jeph said: »
Figure I should share my fix here since I've been using switchmon for over a month now. I myself use an Xbox One controller and originally had the same issue with switchmon not working.

The main problem is that the Xbox One controller does not utilize directinput, or at least I do not believe it does so properly. It does utilize xinput which iirc is the newer standard for controllers but that brings up one problem:

Switchmon was primarily designed with directinput in mind but can read some information about the Xbox One controller since the drivers has some rudimentary directinput feedback. The problem is that this basic directinput feedback does not work if a problem is out of focus. If you have switchmon focused, your xinput keybind within the program will work but as soon as you swap to another window, it is no longer recognized.

The workaround I used was using an xinput wrapper called XinputPlus and applied a patch to switchmon using said program.

With said wrapper, you can target a specific program, enable directinput output under the directinput tab and then enable all the .dll files under Settings / DLL files. This basically adds xinput library files within the folder of said program.

Once you do this, you do not need the wrapper program anymore.
Also do not forget to set compatibility mode of the Switchmon application to Windows XP SP2.

Basically, google up XinputPlus (Japanese website) use chrome translate to navigate there. Download XinputPlus, input the location of the SwitchMon folder and follow the instructions set forth by Jeph, and you should have a working SwitchMon on a Windows 10.

EDIT: XinputPlus site: https://sites.google.com/site/0dd14lab/xinput-plus

1) Download XInput Plus Ver4.14.3 in that link

2) "Enable directinput output" under the directinput tab

3) enable all the .dll files under Settings / DLL files. This basically adds xinput library files within the folder of said program (SwitchMon).

Let us know how it goes~
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2017-07-28 23:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks you for the replies! I'll give it a shot. I do use an xbox one controller.
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2017-07-28 23:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It works! Thank you all so much! I tried and tried to search a solution for hours, thank you for having the answer!
 Sylph.Pve
By Sylph.Pve 2017-07-29 21:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome, happy to help. I'm glad for Jeph for finding the answer for us. Just passing along to ya.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Habar
Server: Phoenix
user: habarnam
By Phoenix.Habar 2017-09-20 05:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello just trying to enable this myself but have some issues setting it up.
first off when i use the program i get this popup:
https://imgur.com/qre6TVz

then these are my other settings:
https://imgur.com/GJfmtRb
https://imgur.com/4rPdEsP
missing anything? thank you in advance!
 Sylph.Pve
By Sylph.Pve 2017-10-08 22:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Habar said: »
Hello just trying to enable this myself but have some issues setting it up.
first off when i use the program i get this popup:
https://imgur.com/qre6TVz

then these are my other settings:
https://imgur.com/GJfmtRb
https://imgur.com/4rPdEsP
missing anything? thank you in advance!

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/124217-13-xinput1_3-missing

This fixed the issue for the missing "Xinput1_3 dll is missing" file for me on win10.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-12-30 18:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pve said: »

This is correct.

Figure I should share my fix here since I've been using switchmon for over a month now. I myself use an Xbox One controller and originally had the same issue with switchmon not working.

The main problem is that the Xbox One controller does not utilize directinput, or at least I do not believe it does so properly. It does utilize xinput which iirc is the newer standard for controllers but that brings up one problem:

Switchmon was primarily designed with directinput in mind but can read some information about the Xbox One controller since the drivers has some rudimentary directinput feedback. The problem is that this basic directinput feedback does not work if a problem is out of focus. If you have switchmon focused, your xinput keybind within the program will work but as soon as you swap to another window, it is no longer recognized.

The workaround I used was using an xinput wrapper called XinputPlus and applied a patch to switchmon using said program.

With said wrapper, you can target a specific program, enable directinput output under the directinput tab and then enable all the .dll files under Settings / DLL files. This basically adds xinput library files within the folder of said program.

Also do not forget to set compatibility mode of the Switchmon application to Windows XP SP2.

Basically, google up XinputPlus (Japanese website) use chrome translate to navigate there. Download XinputPlus, input the location of the SwitchMon folder and follow the instructions set forth by Jeph, and you should have a working SwitchMon on a Windows 10.

3) enable all the .dll files under Settings / DLL files. This basically adds xinput library files within the folder of said program (SwitchMon).

Let us know how it goes~

In case anyone is still having issues on windows 10, I tried the above steps and it still wasn't working.

Running Switchmon in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 3 fixed it.
[+]
By IsraelMagdiel 2018-01-20 03:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Where TF is switchmon? I can't find it in ANY windower folders. nothing is working for me. My Xbox One controller is controlling both instances of my FFXI game, and its really hard trying to use mouse and keyboard and alt tabbing to get both characters through stuff.

Ok, I found Switchmon, but the game is still being controlled on both screens with my Xbox One controller. Any help would be awesome!
 Bahamut.Ayasha
Server: Bahamut
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2018-01-20 04:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If the problem you are referring to is that your gamepad controls both instances simultaneously, you can try this. If you are using Windower, make sure you have: "Always Enable Gamepad" setting turned off. If not, uncheck: "Enable gamepad when game is inactive" in FFXI Config -> Gamepad settings.
[+]
By IsraelMagdiel 2018-01-20 06:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ayasha said: »
If the problem you are referring to is that your gamepad controls both instances simultaneously, you can try this. If you are using Windower, make sure you have: "Always Enable Gamepad" setting turned off. If not, uncheck: "Enable gamepad when game is inactive" in FFXI Config -> Gamepad settings.

Dude, you're a life saver. That's exactly what was going on. Had to restart/reload windower, but it worked!!! Thanks!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [288 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-11-04 16:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone figured out a way to reorganize the list, or is there something that's out now that gives the option to?
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2018-11-04 20:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience, the list seems to be organized by the order that you logged in.

I usually login before starting up switchmon, but my list never changes cause my login order doesn't either. Also, if a single character dc's I do notice that the order is changed up. Which makes me believe even more that login order affects switch order. Hope this helps.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-04 20:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Like all things square, sadly it's random u_u the characters get assigned a windows number, but theres nothing you can do to force the order.

I really wish it had a sort option, but I just roll with it. Sucks when one crashes lol... "sigh, out of order again"
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-11-05 15:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much for your help,IIRC its open source has anyone tried to take a look at it?
By kaiju9 2018-11-16 11:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I really wish it had a sort option, but I just roll with it. Sucks when one crashes lol... "sigh, out of order again"

For me, the window order can vary each time I open SwitchMon. When my 3 windows are in an order I don't like, I just close & re-open SwitchMon. Usually within 1-2 tries, I get the order I want. I guess this becomes less helpful the more windows you have.

~~~

Looking for help with a SwitchMon issue I'm having on Win10. Everything worked fine on Win7, but on Win10, if my wireless 360 controller shuts off, SwitchMon won't recognize it when I turn the controller back on -- I'm forced to close & re-open SwitchMon, possibly multiple times to get the window order I want.

Happens when running SwitchMon normally as admin, or in XP SP3 compatibility mode (oddly enough, it doesn't work at all in Win7 compatibility mode).

Anyone experience this, or know how to fix it?
 Asura.Lilbuttons
Server: Asura
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2018-11-16 11:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

kaiju9 said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Looking for help with a SwitchMon issue I'm having on Win10. Everything worked fine on Win7, but on Win10, if my wireless 360 controller shuts off, SwitchMon won't recognize it when I turn the controller back on -- I'm forced to close & re-open SwitchMon, possibly multiple times to get the window order I want.

Same issue with wired PS2 controller. Guessing switchmon only checks controller when switchmon opens. If it loses the controller, it doesn't check to see if it reconnected. Have always simply restarted switchmon.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2018-11-16 11:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
SwitchMon
gotta switch'em all
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [547 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Sixty
Server: Bahamut
user: Kvaal
By Bahamut.Sixty 2020-05-16 15:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Where am I supposed to put the program? Can it run from anywhere?
I can only run the x86 versions of the files, but they don't recognize the game running so the list of current games is just empty.
 Carbuncle.Msoc
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Msoc 2020-05-17 01:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

This is correct.

Let us know how it goes~

In case anyone is still having issues on windows 10, I tried the above steps and it still wasn't working.

Running Switchmon in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 3 fixed it.
running in compatibility mode, admin, and using the direct input wrapper worked perfectly for me
By Kvaal 2020-05-20 16:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Input isn't the problem, when I hit the assigned button in game it responds, but the program itself doesn't list the game.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-07-02 12:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Switchmon questions! Best keep them in existing threads...

i) I can't figure out magnifiers. I see streams where people have a small window showing their minimized alt chars as they play the main one. Is this done via magnifiers or another program entirely? When I use a magnifier, it shows up huge on screen, is not scaleable, and tends to freeze if I try to move it. I can't find any obvious way to modify them. How was this feature intended to be used? Or is it known to be broken?

ii) I have a G110 keyboard. Is there a way to bind a specific char screen to a hotkey on the keyboard? Either via switchmon or via windower/gs commands? The controller bind to cycle between chars works great but it would be nice to have char-specific hotkeys on the keyboard too. Not sure if this is possible...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [125 days between previous and next post]
By Aerison 2020-11-04 01:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This is correct.

Let us know how it goes~

Does anyone have a copy of xinputplus?

Issue where wireless 360 controller shuts off, switchmon will not work and will have to close and reopen. XInput Plus fixed that, but I guess it's suspended.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [197 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Pve
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Pve 2021-05-19 19:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerison said: »
Does anyone have a copy of xinputplus?

Issue where wireless 360 controller shuts off, switchmon will not work and will have to close and reopen. XInput Plus fixed that, but I guess it's suspended.

I know I'm late to reply, I took a short break from the game.

I have the XInputPlus files, what's the recommended way of hosting the download these days? I would be happy to do so.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-05-19 23:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to just upload files to a google drive and set them to viewable by anyone with who has the link.
 Sylph.Pve
By Sylph.Pve 2021-05-20 00:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

XInputPlus Ver4.14.3

Please let me know if link doesn't work, or if installing the .dlls don't work.