Omen Cards campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By kishr 2017-07-11 21:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

7 8 or 9 is average normal card amounts you get,

just shout for 18 ppl and just try to clear objectives,

with missing 2 objectives i still got 8

ppl shouting for
6man rema only with a cookie cutter setup are just plain stupid.

even with getting just 7 cards every day for this month, you'll still wind up with 210 cards. that's more than enough.
 Asura.Warusha
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-11 22:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »

ppl shouting for

even with getting just 7 cards every day for this month, you'll still wind up with 210 cards. that's more than enough.

Event lasts for 20 days.
[+]
By Gruknor 2017-07-12 00:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl shouting for

Warusha is correct, it lasts 20 days.

20 * 7 = 140

140 is still impressive for 20 days of omen job card farming. I believe 7 is on the low side of what you can do. 8 or 9 is easily obtainable if you have the right people that know how to do the objectives.

LennartHK said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
No rema
Mythics came out 3 years before empyrean weapons dorknerd. It's rmea

If we are going by which came first. It should be Relic Mythic Empyrean Ergon Aeonic or RMEEA for short.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-12 01:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubled cards, so 6 is the new 3 (6 is low). Just got done solo and hit all but 3 objectives (magic) and finished 2 floor objectives before time ran out. I only received 6 cards.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-12 01:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
If we are going by which came first. It should be Relic Mythic Empyrean Ergon Aeonic or RMEEA for short.
Ergon are just Mythics for new jobs though, so they're already there.

No, they're different in a couple of ways.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-07-12 01:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

idk what you guys are doing, but im used to getting 3 cards a run. in a group. T_T. i tried to solo it once, but the mobs just aggroed too quickly for me to deal with
By Gruknor 2017-07-12 02:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
idk what you guys are doing, but im used to getting 3 cards a run. in a group. T_T. i tried to solo it once, but the mobs just aggroed too quickly for me to deal with

There is a Campaign going on that basically doubles the amount of job cards you get in a run. From July 11th to the 31st. So about 20 days.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-12 02:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »

You should bring a ranged item and fight closer towards the starting boundary. If you can't handle those monsters straight up, consider using a tank. However, if you're having trouble, I imagine you'll time out on the first or second floor, so better off joining a group to maximize your card efforts.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-12 06:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubled cards, so 6 is the new 3 (6 is low). Just got done solo and hit all but 3 objectives (magic) and finished 2 floor objectives before time ran out. I only received 6 cards.
I dunno, I think 3 is the average number.
4 if you do the alt path (Ou) maybe.

I mean theoretically it's like that maybe but realistically no. In my group we get all objs done most of the time, but then again you can't realistically expect to do that every single run.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-07-12 08:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing solo Omen run for the last 3 months and 3 is the most common cards/run even if you only miss 1-2 objectives out of the 3+1->3+1->10+1 progression on farm path. 4 usually happens when you are like 1 objective away in the previous one and your get a card very quickly on next one. I did 2 runs last night and got 6->7 so it's doubled (from a coding level I would expect each objective to count 2x) with 9 being the possible but unlikely number when completing literally everything and getting a card on 1st objective.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-12 09:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be a bit less defined than that. There are timed completion bonuses for finishing the main objective within the time limit +3/10 other objectives. Then there's the invisible counter where you are rewarded for just killing stuff. That invisible counter is doubled also, and you do get points for just entering. 3/4 cards is what I've commonly gotten before when I hit most/all objectives, but I wasn't parsing the runs so its possible 3 is the flat baseline common, and 4 just appears more often when you notice it. There was one time where I did receive 5 cards, but I can't remember if it was an Ou run or not.

This puts the upper limit of cards 9, and possibly 10 on Ou floor. This is assuming everything is perfect and I doubt you could replicate it for the next run since the counter has to be favorable to you.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-12 10:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ergon are just Mythics for new jobs though, so they're already there.
Then where is my glow and +ws dmg!?!
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-07-12 10:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
4 usually happens when you are like 1 objective away in the previous one and your get a card very quickly on next one.

That's how 5 cards happens. I don't think I've seen below 4 cards (on card farm/ou path) without missing objectives.
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-12 11:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We ran a card run last night and we all got 9 cards. Completed the first two main objectives within the time limit but couldn't find the specific mob on the last floor within the 8 minutes. Over all was pretty easy.

EDIT: Got all the objectives.
By kishr 2017-07-12 19:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

9 last night for missing 1 objective, 18 person ally
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-12 19:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Highest we got was 10, rest were 9's.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-12 21:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it's pretty safe to say rate is doubled, extreme party can hit 10 with some luck, and 12 cards is fully debunked and virtually impossible. 10 is the cap unless proven otherwise in a non ou run.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-12 21:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl shouting for

20 * 7 = 140
But you could have saved up 3 and recast is 20 hours so could do 26 runs during campaign.

Anyways just noticed something weird on a run. Despite missing several (most) time limit objectives (triboxing bsts and such) pt lead got 10 cards but mules only got 4 very oddly

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-12 22:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
clearlyamule said: »

ppl shouting for

20 * 7 = 140
But you could have saved up 3 and recast is 20 hours so could do 26 runs during campaign.

Anyways just noticed something weird on a run. Despite missing several (most) time limit objectives (triboxing bsts and such) pt lead got 10 cards but mules only got 4 very oddly
Did they die to any tp moves at all? Hmmm
If you mean the mobs probably since was using bst and all if you mean my side no
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-07-12 23:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

what would be some good trusts to use in here? I can go in duo with bst and whm. But i would lack that ability to hit most objectives. Since bst gear is all designed for pet, my personal acc is low thus all the skill chain type objectives usually allude me. As well as most non healing or MB magic objectives.
By kishr 2017-07-12 23:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

use acc food then
cloudplitter for magic ws, ruinator or w/e for physical ws
use lizard for fusion then dia for mb
self skillchain by closing a sc with pet going first
sj whm to cure yourself 500hp+
many ways bst can solo omen, but also helpful in a alliance
i usually open fusion and someone mb for 30k
also use fusion and everyone cast dia, get 18 mb super fast

and ya 20 days, was too lazy to check how many days
just supposed 30

140-200 cards you can get this 20*7 *8 *9 *10
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-07-13 13:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what kind off acc is needed for regular mobs? In my idel pet dt- set i only sit around 860 personal acc atm. I can switch over to Tali'ah set and get 1048 personal acc, but i lose 21 pet dt-
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-13 13:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
what kind off acc is needed for regular mobs? In my idel pet dt- set i only sit around 860 personal acc atm. I can switch over to Tali'ah set and get 1048 personal acc, but i lose 21 pet dt-

The monsters in there are lvl 129 I believe, Transcended are probably a bit higher, maybe 131. 1048 is remarkably low acc, especially on beetles. I'm not a BST but I generally sit at around a 1168~ on DRG and Im usually fine. Of course I have a bit of acc traits to supplement. I'd say anything under 1100 acc for omen farming is really low.

Odin.Godofgods said: »
what would be some good trusts to use in here?

You should be utilizing whatever trusts will help you accomplish your objectives. There is no cut and dry list of trusts, every job can get away with something and need help from other sets. Here's an idea of which trusts do what:

Cure 500(10): Any WHM trust when you're in yellow will use this. Nashmeira II, Mihli Aliapoh, Kupipi/Cherukiki (will run out of mp very quickly), Ferreous, Unity WHMs. Ygnas is good enough also. Don't rely on Koru/Sylvie/Joachim to use Cure4, they don't have enough cure potency to hit the objective, so I'd dismiss them and let 2 whm's cure you. Also, reward counts as a cure. Don't use a tank trust for this objective because they will take reduced damage and it takes longer to complete.

SC(1): Have to ask a BST for the skillchain path, but if you're going solo, you only need to complete 1 skillchain, so lizard can probably do that on any monster easily. Forget what Impaction is.

MB(3) Use Shantotto II, she can get 2 MBs off per skillchain. If you're subbing a mage job, you can do it also.

Spells(3) Same as above, or Koru/KoH/Adelheid, or any PLD trust tank will flash.

Abil: Easily completed by either removing your pet and using useless ***like tame/charm/steps, or just have your tank trust voke. Or you can use sic if its the same thing as assault on smn. Either way, easy to finish.

Melee Round 2000: You may or may not have trouble with this one. Possibly your Tiger if you Familiar/Run Wild or whatever and get lucky on a DA/crit or something. Can use Koru to apply DiaIII at the start of fight, and Qultada will follow up with Light shot. If there's a pet that can TA, would certainly help. Otherwise, you'll have to get your DT set on, grab Qultada for DD buffs, and strap on your multi-attack set. If you're /dnc, helps a ton.

15k nuke - BST can't do this one, trusts won't help
30k MB - BST can't do this one, trusts won't help

WS(5), PWS(3), MWS(3) - all easily obtainable on bst
30k WS - use any buffing trusts (like sylvie/qultada/Koru/Joachim/Ulmia). Not sure what the skillchain BST can do to set this up, but having your strongest WS+SC closing it is best way to accomplish this solo. You may have trouble with it with your current BST.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-13 13:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The only piece of advice I'll give for being time efficient with the bonus quests is to come prepared with the trusts that will help you complete the hardest objectives quicker. Since you never know what objectives you'll get until you engage, its good to be ready with 2 WHMs in case its cure x10, and even having shantotto II up before you pull. That way, if you get one of these objectives, you don't have to waste time re-summoning trusts to help you hit objectives.

I usually enter with: Shantotto 2, WHM x2, Sylvie + Koru. This helps me finish every objective there is without having to change trusts between fights. Only ones I can't do is 15k nuke/30k MB. I just have to resummon trusts when they run out of MP.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-07-13 13:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The monsters in there are lvl 129 I believe, Transcended are probably a bit higher, maybe 131. 1048 is remarkably low acc, especially on beetles. I'm not a BST but I generally sit at around a 1168~ on DRG and Im usually fine. Of course I have a bit of acc traits to supplement. I'd say anything under 1100 acc for omen farming is really low.

yea i no its low. My whole set is designed to favor my pets, not me. Thats why i was wondering what it takes in there. If i were to try this again it would still be duo, bst and whm. I only tried it once, but with low acc i couldnt get any of the ws and damage objectives. And since i forgot about trusts completely.. my whm wasnt getting any of the magic damage objectives either. So overall i got very few objectives done. Odd part was i still walked out with 3-4 cards iir (before campaign).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-13 14:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The only piece of advice I'll give for being time efficient with the bonus quests is to come prepared with the trusts that will help you complete the hardest objectives quicker. Since you never know what objectives you'll get until you engage, its good to be ready with 2 WHMs in case its cure x10, and even having shantotto II up before you pull. That way, if you get one of these objectives, you don't have to waste time re-summoning trusts to help you hit objectives.

I usually enter with: Shantotto 2, WHM x2, Sylvie + Koru. This helps me finish every objective there is without having to change trusts between fights. Only ones I can't do is 15k nuke/30k MB. I just have to resummon trusts when they run out of MP.
I wonder how close you'd get to it if you swapped to full mab/burst gear/weapons and Hyoton sanned on a darkness chain Hmmm

I have a pretty good nuking set on NIN with 2 maxed Ochu, +2 feet, and some good MAB augments and MBB elsewhere. Without Malaise, I highly doubt I can land 30k from double Hi darkness. If it is possible, show me the gearset for it and I'll try it out. Would also require prepping it with Huton for Ice down effect too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-13 14:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to add that innin (from behind) and Futae could be used to make it work. And the mab aura trust would help, star sibyl. Hmmm, interesting point you bring up with NIN landing it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8