First Page 2 3 ... 17 18
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2018-01-19 15:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »

Anyone know what the best settings are for this ie should you disable and pass through to real direct X or no any help would be appreciated I have tried a few things but not much seems different and logging on and off over and over is getting annoying
You leave the box for Disable and passthru to real DirectX ticked until Playonline Viewer is booted, then untick it and hit apply again. After that DGVoodoo will take over.
By DaneBlood 2018-02-04 00:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

just tried this and i checked that i could see the watermark

howver i am strongly disapointed in the horrible text quality i am getting from using this

Normal:
https://s9.postimg.org/h0g0wwjhr/Normal.png
all nice and pretty text font

DgVoodoo
https://s9.postimg.org/n1dptyye7/DGvoodoo.png
this lokks horrible like pixel resized text. it a huge annoyance to read.

So what can i do to fix this besides uninsall dgvoodoo again ?

--- edit ---
solved it
by chaning anisotrophic filtering from app driven to almost anything else gave me bakc the nice fonts.
so far im setting it on 4x ani since it removes alot of texture shimering with movement

howver it appears my mouse cursor has almost disapeared. it just lighlty flicker shortly in the game now.
still looking for a solutions for that
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-04 07:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
howver it appears my mouse cursor has almost disapeared. it just lighlty flicker shortly in the game now.

It's been said earlier, you need to disable hardware mouse inside Windower.

Inside dgVoodoo are you leaving the resolution to unforced and keeping it on windowed mode? Also you can turn on fast memory for a performance boost, it's left off because some games blow up but not FFXI.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-02-04 21:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
DaneBlood said: »

It's been said earlier

If a word cloud was made of this thread that phrase would take up at least half of it.
By DaneBlood 2018-02-14 07:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bringing back my experience

Please note that I am not playing on a laptop with the GPU switching issue

- quality.
it was nice to be able to adjust the anisotropic filterings it did removes some texture shimmering that happened at high angle slow movements.
but it was not a wow effect.
In general, I saw no real difference between the two testing both with ambient light increased (windower default) as well as normal (vanilla FFXI default)

- performance
Benchmarking different places the FPS was withing margins of error.
it did not elevate my lag issues
again if you have a laptop with 2 GPU's this probably would be different for you

- annoyances
on the other having to go to software mouse was annoying as H3ll.
at 60fps the mouse flickering is way to fast and just looks annoying.
Also software mouse tens to jump around to selection and when you move the mouse it jumps back to where the mouse cursor was before it jumped to the default choice.
this made menu navigation and other stuff highly annoying

- In the end:
In the end, for me, it was more annoying with the mouse cursor jumping than any real benefits in quality or speed.
so I finally uninstalled it.
The step op from using windower to fake AA was way bigger than anything I got from Dgvodoo.

My Conclusing: Not worth the time unless you have the laptop dual GPU issues

Full disclousere
I did not try anything like adding reshades or any other tools besides dgvoodoo.
I did not mess with Bumpmapping. It was off under all my testing.

Tested: on Ryzen 1700 with GTC970
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-14 08:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Using mouse in FFXI = instant fail.
By DaneBlood 2018-02-14 09:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Using mouse in FFXI = instant fail.

Man you must need that self assurance a lot.
Do you feel better now?

If you need some more... I also use keyboard.
 Valefor.Pixxie
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-02-16 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So like others who have installed this only to be able to play decently on a Laptop, I finally sat down and got it done. 2 issues I'm having are the random body parts floating and the worse one being random crashes. If anyone had any of those issues and figured out how to fix them please. Help a sister out!!
 Lakshmi.Sulia
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2018-02-16 15:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »
So like others who have installed this only to be able to play decently on a Laptop, I finally sat down and got it done. 2 issues I'm having are the random body parts floating and the worse one being random crashes. If anyone had any of those issues and figured out how to fix them please. Help a sister out!!
Random crashes used to occur with the older version of DGVoodoo prior to the developer fixing the issues related to crashes specific to FFXI. I'd recommend going to Main Page to download the latest WIP version because the latest stable version on the website was prior to his fix. That should fix the random crashes, if it doesn't then DGVoodoo may not be able to help you.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18