Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-06-21 20:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Gah.... text is messed up lol

stuff is left on by default

Have you figured out how to fix this? I have it too. I have a Radeon Pro 455. Maybe it could be our graphics card
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-06-21 20:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baozzer said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Gah.... text is messed up lol

stuff is left on by default

Have you figured out how to fix this? I have it too. I have a Radeon Pro 455. Maybe it could be our graphics card
FFXI config text compression changed from uncompressed to compressed
[+]
 Asura.Luckyseven
Server: Asura
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-06-21 20:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know why all mobs 10 yalms away or more are turning grey?

Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-06-21 20:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup that did the trick thanks!
By Fyrestorm 2017-06-22 07:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is amazing, closest I've got to being able to play on Win10 so far.

I ended up dualbooting windows 7 to be able to play, and I'm assuming because of the Direct X issues it runs well on win7 up to quadbox. Fan goes nuts but no slowdown on gameplay.

Laptop - Windows 10.
CPU: i7-4700qm 2.4ghz.
GPU: Geforce GTX 870M. (According to dxdiag; Approx total memory: 10167mb. VRAM: 6108mb. Shared: 4058mb.)
8gb RAM.

The game runs and boots up well, looks nice but noticable drops in FPS which I didn't get from my Win7 version (although much much better than using integrated GPU)

I'll run at 29.1fps then drop to 22-24 for a second or so then back to 29.1. But it's quite frequently. I don't know a great deal about AA, MSAA, supersampling etc. It also sends my GPU fans into an absolute frenzy when dualboxing.

I'm not too fussed about graphic quality, happy with just 1920x1080, tried changing multiple settings to see if I can sort it out but no luck so far.

Current settings:
Windower: 1080x1040. Supersampling on. Bump mapping off. MIP mapping 0. UI Scale x1.
dgVoodoo: Output API - Best available. Adapters to use - All. VRAM - 512mb. Filtering - AAx4. MSAA - App Driven. No Mipmapping ticked.
NVIDIA Control Panel: AA Filtering/Mode - App Controlled. everything else using global settings.

I hope this is enough information, hoping someone can point to why it's not running smoothly. Thanks in advance!
By Lexic 2017-06-22 08:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just have to say the response to get this working for everyone has been amazing. I was very easily able to follow steps and get this working on windows 10, with Windower without any issues.

Currently running 1920x1080 and on a 1070 Card. All graphics turned up and there are very little hiccups aside from a few sections of town.

Shadows off was a huge help as well.

The only thing is the text is a little squished. I have the test set to uncompressed. will upload a screenshot later.

But a big thank you to everyone that has previously posted, you made this a very fun and pain free process.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-06-22 08:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Did someone have made a test with a laptop who have 2 graphic card, since mine have a classic intel graphic and a 970 GTXM.

thks in advance
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2017-06-22 08:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I did, mine got classic intel + 950 GTXM, and it works perfectly !
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2017-06-22 11:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Luckyseven said: »
Anyone know why all mobs 10 yalms away or more are turning grey?

It's due to draw distance.
In Ashita:
/drawdistance setworld #
/drawdistance setmob #
(higher # value, the further out it draws)

In Windower:
http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=plugins:drawdistance
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 12:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower doesn't use the drawdistance plugin anymore, it's built into config.

//config DrawDistance 10
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-06-22 14:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finish stuff for install but ... i can't see any player, just their name and aura, any idea ?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
I just finish stuff for install but ... i can't see any player, just their name and aura, any idea ?

Replying with the same thing I said to the other person

Asura.Saevel said: »
Olbap said: »
Lol, all is working fine except now I dont see any character

Then you failed to follow instructions and downloaded the wrong version of dgVoodoo2. Read the first page as it plainly has a link and directions.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-06-22 15:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

How would I uninstall this?
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-06-22 15:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »

Replying with the same thing I said to the other person

Olbap said: »
Lol, all is working fine except now I dont see any character

Then you failed to follow instructions and downloaded the wrong version of dgVoodoo2. Read the first page as it plainly has a link and directions.

I do it
C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\ <=== Put D3Dcompiler_47.dll here

D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\FFXIPAL\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer <=== put D3D8.dll inside here along with the config program (since i have it from steam maybe its this ?)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 15:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Go reread the instructions don't skim, don't paraphrase, actually read them. Start at page one of this thread.
By LilithStark 2017-06-22 16:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Been a busy month for me, started a new account after 7 years. Finally finished all the storylines so i have finally time to post this.

Windower and 4k 60FPS/tweaks was already good, whit voodoo + reshade? Basically FFXI Hd remake.

INSANELY good, graphics and performance. No more fps drops in towns.

I have uploaded a little sample on Vimeo, lost quality but still better than uploading on youtube.

Your text to link here...
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-06-22 16:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

my bad, too much fast reading ...

So for ppl like me =>
Take the last D3D8 in last WIP (35 atm) and not just the one from original download dgvoodoo 2.54.

Sorry for that.
[+]
By oprahwinfrey666 2017-06-22 17:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did as this post says but for some reason when in the dgvoodoo control panel when im making adjustments i hit apply but it doesnt work.Normally when i hit apply changes on anything on my computer it greys out letting me know the changes were applied.I start the game and there is no watermark or anything so its not syncing with PlayOnline\SquareEnix\playonlineviewer,its in the folder though.Im using windows 10,processor:intel core i7-6500U CPU,12 GB RAM,64-bit OS with a 64-based processor.I f you have any ideas of why the program wont function plz let me know,ty :)
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-06-22 17:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone with Tartarus Mail seeing the veins are solid red? Pretty ugly
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 19:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Run as admin and make sure you unblock everything.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2017-06-22 23:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been randomnly crashing while just standing idle in Mhaura. Started about 1~ week after setting up dgvoodoo. Works great except for this. I've since removed the DX file from the playonline folder, no issues. I'm wondering what could be causing this.

I'm running an i5-4590 and an AMD R9 390 on Win10.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-06-23 00:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Run as admin and make sure you unblock everything.

Yep tried that. No luck.
By oprahwinfrey666 2017-06-23 11:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran as admin and that allowed the changes to be applied in the control panel,however,when i play the game there is no change.Someone said something about optimus preventing it.I dont know anything about optimus,im no computer wizard ;).
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-06-23 12:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i tried this last night and ill admit it looked good,But it was causing me lag where i wasnt before,Bard songs,Someone using hasso,Mhura near the water, I'de love to keep using it if i could figure out what was causing the lag.Everythign was set to normal no AA or anything else just the wrap itself,
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 12:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
i tried this last night and ill admit it looked good,But it was causing me lag where i wasnt before,Bard songs,Someone using hasso,Mhura near the water, I'de love to keep using it if i could figure out what was causing the lag.Everythign was set to normal no AA or anything else just the wrap itself,

Memory setting and do you have shadows on? What graphics card are you using this with and what settings are inside the GPU drivers control panel.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-06-23 12:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baozzer said: »
Anyone with Tartarus Mail seeing the veins are solid red? Pretty ugly
In case anyone else has this problem, changing textures to high in ffxiconfig fixed this. Also changed the map option to compressed with uncertainty of what it would change since having these settings at uncompressed don't work. Guess some people can have uncompressed but others compressed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-06-23 12:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to add I am having excellent performance 3 boxing with a Radeon Pro 455 with vram set to 512MB and nothing else touched. Before I would crash like crazy but now I am very stable 3 boxing omen.
By oprahwinfrey666 2017-06-24 15:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the command to typ to check FPS in the game?People tell me f12 but on my computer f12 is airplane mode,all it does is disconnect me ;( .But i set my card to NVIDIA in the NVIDIA control panel so i want to check FPS.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-06-24 15:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Memory setting and do you have shadows on? What graphics card are you using this with and what settings are inside the GPU drivers control panel.

Everything was set to default, for the memory I had 1024 set, using a GTX980, graphic drivers are up to date but as far as settings inside the program I haven't messed with anything in it.also I have shadows and weather turned off I normally multi box but for this one I only had one logged in
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-06-24 15:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

oprahwinfrey666 said: »
Anyone know the command to typ to check FPS in the game?People tell me f12 but on my computer f12 is airplane mode,all it does is disconnect me ;( .But i set my card to NVIDIA in the NVIDIA control panel so i want to check FPS.

//showfps 1
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24