2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » May 2017 Version Update
May 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By knoxvegas 2017-05-12 19:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Im on the 4th quest and everytime i reroll(atleast 6 times) i get a different element of anima, super annoying.
By Staleyx 2017-05-13 05:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and another smither are thinking this last quest number 4 makes you do a crap synth. Unless some one here has received something easy like a crafting item on the 4th turn in. Let us know. Till then gonna keep re rolling and looking for midrium/bismuth.
 Asura.Sagaxi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-05-13 05:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SO far, I keep getting same results as you, been a while like that... Will update if I get something else.
 Siren.Switchorz
Server: Siren
user: Switchorz
By Siren.Switchorz 2017-05-13 06:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Number four for Wood seems to be any type of aquarium x40. Maybe it's different for other Woodworkers but I've tried to re roll six times and it's a type of aquarium.

I've farmed over 120 silica and I still need more for Glass Sheets. Six silica per synth and even using my Alchemy mule that's 110+, HQ's are meh.

I also need White Sand for this type of aquarium to make a Saltwater Set. I farmed up 50 to cover for breaks to make it then breaks when I synth the squarium.

:(
 Sylph.Wasenshi
Server: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2017-05-13 08:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Have noticed for 4th alchemy so far every re roll has been an anima corresponding to the current element of the day
By Staleyx 2017-05-13 09:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously SE you want me to go mining. Im not even galka.
By Staleyx 2017-05-14 02:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone here re-roll Turn in quest 4 and get a non cramp synth yet? The results I see are that this turn in quest 4 is a certain pool. Aka no easy stuff like darksteel cuirass or scales like the past 3.
By knoxvegas 2017-05-14 09:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
So anyone here re-roll Turn in quest 4 and get a non cramp synth yet? The results I see are that this turn in quest 4 is a certain pool. Aka no easy stuff like darksteel cuirass or scales like the past 3.

When i got to quest 4 it gave me items everytime no matter how many times i rerolled. Alchemy was only 3 options 700 ice earth or water anima... Had to go farm promy lol tons of fun. But now im wondering... i know stage 3 shield was 100% craft with the mats, but is stage4 100% craft with mats also? Seeing as shield still has success rate -24 i wonder when doing the final synth if u can fail and lose some these hard earned mats?
By Staleyx 2017-05-14 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't have let it get to -24 ouch. Just dont use shield. Yea I have seen the same 3 options for smithing.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-05-16 09:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone rerolled on any other than request #1 and ended up finishing a shield afterwards? I'm still skeptical about the reroll process.
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-05-16 09:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

knoxvegas said: »
Staleyx said: »

When i got to quest 4 it gave me items everytime no matter how many times i rerolled. Alchemy was only 3 options 700 ice earth or water anima... Had to go farm promy lol tons of fun. But now im wondering... i know stage 3 shield was 100% craft with the mats, but is stage4 100% craft with mats also? Seeing as shield still has success rate -24 i wonder when doing the final synth if u can fail and lose some these hard earned mats?

You'll be using the synthesis shield as a material therefore you will be unable to equip it.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-05-16 09:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Anyone rerolled on any other than request #1 and ended up finishing a shield afterwards? I'm still skeptical about the reroll process.

I rerolled all 4 at least 5 times and I finnished
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-05-16 09:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

knoxvegas said: »
i know stage 3 shield was 100% craft with the mats, but is stage4 100% craft with mats also? Seeing as shield still has success rate -24 i wonder when doing the final synth if u can fail and lose some these hard earned mats?

Where did you see that they are 100%? Last I checked, devs said only the RoE materials cannot be lost because they are only obtainable once.

Edit: dont forget the -1 shields exist. it makes me think a failed synth turns into a -1 version.
By Boshi 2017-05-16 11:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I rerolled my 3rd request several times and still progressed to 4th normally
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-05-16 12:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you guys! Rerolled and got Darksteel Ingots x200 (all of which I already had), instead of Uruz Blades x28. (Each uses Midrium Ingots x4 and Ingots are currently 5-600K each on my server.)
Rerolled that one and it gave me Arasy Sword x22.
Rerolled that one and it gave me Uruz Blade x28 again.
Rerolled and we'll see what that one gives me in half an hour.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-05-16 12:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been reading the NA posts recently, so I am not sure if this is new information to us, but the JPs sort of figured out how the re-rolling and request options work. For each craft, there are 12 different possible requests you can get from the guild master, and they're broken down into 4 groups of 3 requests. There's a chart here for those of you interested:

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/36428.html

There's a table in there for each craft and groups A, B, C, and D. You can click on each option if you can't read it, and it'll send you to a link with the English name in there as well. You will eventually have to do one request from each group on there, for a total of four requests to complete this stage of the shield.

For your first request, it can be any of the 12 options. Once you complete that, the entire group gets excluded from your remaining requests, so you have 9 options for round two. This continues until you only have 3 options left from the last group of possible requests.

I'm sorry in advance if this is old news already. Good luck with all the crafting!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-18 10:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Added the information from jp-wiki to the bg-wiki escutcheons page. Seems the JP table is missing one of the goldsmithing materials and the quantity of smilodon leather.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9