May 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 10:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
It already started with smn. The crafted grar they added helps with our buffing the most with some regen thrown in for soloing. That regen wont help on t4s ; smns need -dt for that and they've kept off -dt from the set

That won't remotely touch what's wrong with SMN, specifically groups of SMN's using Astral Conduit together. SMN itself is a great job with a huge toolkit of stuff, the only Game Breaking aspect is multiple AC's going off in parallel.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-10 10:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you see what the synths are before getting your shield to 100%?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-10 10:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone cleared an Omen Boss Eminence yet and know what you get? Is it a Boss material similar to Vagary?
By Vijara 2017-05-10 10:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Afinogen said: »
se pulled another bs move too, so just be aware, when crafting your item, ignore what your guild npc says about delivering your said items to your npc. you have to craft those items basically in the target area of the npc, so i've just made 30 cutlass (an easy synth yeah..) but not even thinking i gotta make those next to the npc, soon as i got there, 30 cutlass remaining appeared in the log ._. all my synths worthless. Will be a BS move if ppl that are farming those harder to get items see that =(

Hmm, I'm not having the same issue. I got craft 400 velvet's and was told I didn't need to make them near the NPC. I went to North Sandoria and was able to trade the 200 or so I made in Windy Woods without issue.

Are you sure it said you didn't need to stand next to them?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-10 10:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
It already started with smn. The crafted grar they added helps with our buffing the most with some regen thrown in for soloing. That regen wont help on t4s ; smns need -dt for that and they've kept off -dt from the set

That won't remotely touch what's wrong with SMN, specifically groups of SMN's using Astral Conduit together. SMN itself is a great job with a huge toolkit of stuff, the only Game Breaking aspect is multiple AC's going off in parallel.

The large skill boosts are mostly moot. Except for hq body (lol 100m+ for a long time) they don't beat telchine for siphon or af119+3 for macc. The feet have 3 refresh, the regain is piddly and +skill is only good for alexander, but you know we have better things to use astral flow on...
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-05-10 10:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Sylph.Ice said: »
Bahamut.Neb said: »
Hahaha Blu got Shafted
It's been that way for 6 months, what else is new.

Seriously. I thought the shaft was strong on the Omen gear they were put on, but this is a new low. Just what blu needed, cure potency gear.

It's the great "nerf" on BLU that people were complaining about. BLU was a little OP, not game breaking but definitely stronger then other jobs when someone looked at the whole package. Instead of nerging CFC, or JTB2 or some other function of BLU, SE just started keeping them off certain gear while allowing other jobs to catch up. So now jobs like NIN, THF, DNC, DRG, SAM, WAR, and DRK (MNK is just ***) are becoming more competitive with BLU.

Pretty smart of them, instead of smacking BLU hard they just held it back while letting others catch up in natural power growth. It's still an incredibly strong job due to innate JT's and gear selection. Gives me hope the eventual SMN nerf won't be heavy handed.

That's definitely what they're doing, but the well kept secret was that blu is (and never really was) a top DD if proper buffs were considered. Sam and War are king and to a lesser extent Drk. Sam just keeps getting stronger too. Blu is great if you're soloing with trusts, but outside of that there are much better options with solid support and the case is only getting stronger with the recent gear options to those jobs.

I think every job you mentioned can compete, and in most cases beat a blu if geared properly with appropriate support. Blu's claim to fame is being able to do a lot of things pretty well, but those are mostly solo oriented or if you have holes in your party and means they're giving up damage. Strict DD oriented role, blu is severly lacking behind Sam and much the 2 hander gang, and I'm pretty sure dnc and thief can give it a run for its money already.

That's why I said "when someone looked at the whole package". BLU shouldn't be top DPS when it has such an insane variety of defensive and utility abilities. Saline Coat and Magic Barrier are insanely powerful, plus Occulatation (on things that don't wipe shadows), the much complained about MG and the venerable Cocoon. Then you have Job Trait specific stuff like Magic Defense / Magic Evasion (the reason I almost always have Blinding set) / Magic Accuracy and then killer traits.

BLU is the swiss army knife of the DD world, it's super versatile which is a strength all by itself. People just got blinded by a handful of bad *** BLU's doing crazy stuff and forgot to look around.

Totally agreed. People just got lazy and threw blu at everything and forgot about other jobs for some reason.

Depending on where you are at in the game, it's one of the best jobs. If you're in a place where you're zerging Reisen Helms/easily taking down Omen bosses with a single party, you're probably not begging people to come blu like the community would have folks believe.

We all have to admit, only putting blu on a set of gear that gives cure potency is hilarious though. Given cure potency is easily capped without it currently, does whm, much less sch, care about that that set?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-10 10:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Will find use out of the body and legs for BLU for the FC
By elenie 2017-05-10 11:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Will find use out of the body and legs for BLU for the FC

With a probable price tag of 4-6m per piece, i think capping FC in other slots will be much cheaper.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-10 11:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

4-6m is nothing lol
[+]
By baroma 2017-05-10 11:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Asura.Chipmunkys said: »
The new crafting tomes become available after you complete Stage 3 of the guild shield.

Such ***.
Binding the new recipes behind the shield it's SE's way to say that the shield is not an optional thing to allow people get higher tiers on couple of recipes and to close the gap with Kupo shield.
It's SE's way to "force" people to do the Eschuteon questline.

I guess they saw that only a minority of crafters were bothering with them and thought it would've been good to "force" more players to do it.

Basically they're forcing even people with Kupo Shield to do one Eschuteon and Cooking people to do it as well (it's pretty much useless for Cooking, you don't get a +1 tier in any interesting recipe).

Um, Prime Marine Stewpot... secret, the stats boost trusts as well.
 Bahamut.Afinogen
Server: Bahamut
user: afin
By Bahamut.Afinogen 2017-05-10 12:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Vijara said: »
Bahamut.Afinogen said: »
se pulled another bs move too, so just be aware, when crafting your item, ignore what your guild npc says about delivering your said items to your npc. you have to craft those items basically in the target area of the npc, so i've just made 30 cutlass (an easy synth yeah..) but not even thinking i gotta make those next to the npc, soon as i got there, 30 cutlass remaining appeared in the log ._. all my synths worthless. Will be a BS move if ppl that are farming those harder to get items see that =(

Hmm, I'm not having the same issue. I got craft 400 velvet's and was told I didn't need to make them near the NPC. I went to North Sandoria and was able to trade the 200 or so I made in Windy Woods without issue.

Are you sure it said you didn't need to stand next to them?
yeah, i was sure, it baffled me when i couldnt trade them in, maybe a bug? but in any case it wasnt until i got near the npc that i could make them there and trade them in succesfully, i tried just outside of the target zone and that didnt accept em either
By Boshi 2017-05-10 12:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bathtub x20

Fml.

Look up Kaolin and Marble slab to see how much this is gonna blow.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-05-10 13:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Bathtub x20

Fml.

Look up Kaolin and Marble slab to see how much this is gonna blow.

SE had to top Jadagna's.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-05-10 14:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For clothcraft, my first quest was 30 Vendor's slops, and now I'm on 80 Errant hats in case anybody wanted to know. A friend had 30 Noble's tunics and his re-roll was 30 Vermillion cloaks. :(

Edit: Third one for me was 400 velvet cloths, fourth one was 24 Vermillion cloaks.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-10 14:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is 380 Hunter's Cloths. Fml.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-10 14:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

first was 24 sipahi turbans for me/
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-05-10 14:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

so... Noble Pinga set huh
By Creecreelo 2017-05-10 15:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

New Ratri set gonna be INSANE for Drk Spirits Within builds!!
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-05-10 20:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ratri Set:

• Throws a bone to Scythe Builds

• Dark Magic Duration on Feet

• 2000 HP makes Dread Spikes even beefier

• Potential to ride out Souleater safer after DS-NV Drain 3 (esp. with AG3 Apoc)

• Chestpiece makes a decent Scarlet Delirium swap

Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-05-10 20:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Pinga Set:
YouTube Video Placeholder

i'm surprised no one did this yet
 Leviathan.Jacki
user: Sonja
By Leviathan.Jacki 2017-05-10 23:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bihkah Sword x60
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-10 23:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jacki said: »
Bihkah Sword x60

[+]
By Staleyx 2017-05-10 23:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
For clothcraft, my first quest was 30 Vendor's slops, and now I'm on 80 Errant hats in case anybody wanted to know. A friend had 30 Noble's tunics and his re-roll was 30 Vermillion cloaks. :(

Edit: Third one for me was 400 velvet cloths, fourth one was 24 Vermillion cloaks.

So what is the process for re rolling?
By Staleyx 2017-05-11 00:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok just need to wait a game day to reroll what item they ask for.
By Staleyx 2017-05-11 02:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if you reroll on the Turn in quest #2 do you have to start over on turn in quest 1?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-05-11 02:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished the shield for this update. After you deliver the items requested for the fourth time, the guild master will give you two of the shield materials. Trading the guild master the synthesized shield will get you the tome KI required for the new recipes. I'm aware that we're all getting different items requested for delivery, but here's what I had: 30 Vendor's slop, 80 Errant hats, 400 velvet cloths, and 24 Vermillion cloaks.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-05-11 02:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks. I want to reroll my 2nd turn in quest but not if it resets turin quest 1.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-05-11 04:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50861/macrocosmic-orb-skc20-campaign-findingsdiscussion/

I did a few Kindred Spirits II fights, skirmish stones +2, heavy metal plates (pouches possible), AF1 109 mats and chapters 1-5 from mobs.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9