New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » May 2017 Version Update
May 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Samsan 2017-05-10 05:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leathercrafter

NPC ask me about 100 Strige Belts is that belt in game really ?!!!

or translauter lazy to check !!!!

thanks
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-10 05:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pining Nocturne Buff, that was nice and unexpected.

The scope of which the “Songs+” attribute affects the song Pining Nocturne has beex expanded. In addition to the existing Magic Accuracy+ and Effect duration+ attribute, Songs+ will now boost the Enemy Magic Accuracy- and Enemy casting time increase attributes.
By Rife 2017-05-10 05:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to get the tomes?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-10 06:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rife said: »
Anyone know how to get the tomes?
Rank 1 Mog Bonanza only.
 Asura.Chipmunkys
user: Capsules
By Asura.Chipmunkys 2017-05-10 06:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The new crafting tomes become available after you complete Stage 3 of the guild shield.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-05-10 06:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Leathercrafter

thanks

Strige Belt?

Smithing first quest ask for 280 Dweomer Steel Ingots. Another LS mate has to do 30 Shabti Cuisses. It's either random what you need or have to do both. We each talked to different guild masters.
By Staleyx 2017-05-10 06:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Alchemy = 700 Ice Anima's.. Wow
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-05-10 06:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chipmunkys said: »
The new crafting tomes become available after you complete Stage 3 of the guild shield.

Such ***.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-10 06:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Asura.Chipmunkys said: »

Such ***.
Binding the new recipes behind the shield it's SE's way to say that the shield is not an optional thing to allow people get higher tiers on couple of recipes and to close the gap with Kupo shield.
It's SE's way to "force" people to do the Eschuteon questline.

I guess they saw that only a minority of crafters were bothering with them and thought it would've been good to "force" more players to do it.

Basically they're forcing even people with Kupo Shield to do one Eschuteon and Cooking people to do it as well (it's pretty much useless for Cooking, you don't get a +1 tier in any interesting recipe).

We can all understand the logic behind their actions but honestly I hate when developers "force" players to do something by making it de facto mandatory.
Blizzard has been doing that a lot in the past, and honestly it's just a game design approach that I find very irritating.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-05-10 07:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I completely get that there are 'valid' reasons for doing it, it just annoys the everliving *** out of me. "The shields were crap, so now we gate stuff behind them" is just asinine. Maybe if they had actual useful stuff from the beginning (completion of the first stage, not right when you get it) people would have done them.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-10 07:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They are so low on manpower that every content they release has to be extremely stretched out and grindy to make the most (in terms of "how long it keeps players busy so they won't complain for new stuff to do") out of it.

I can understand this too, and to a certain degree every MMO developer does that, SE isn't new to this approach of course.
It's just that lately they are stretching/gating some stuff SO MUCH that it kinda starts to get beyond my threshold of acceptability.

Maybe I'm just getting old hey, I dunno.
Maybe this will actually be good and those few legit people who made the efforts of doing eschuteons will be rewarded by good gil?
I sure hope in the long run this will benefit the whole FFXI community and not just the same 2 rich guys on every server, that's what I hope.

Personally I'll just keep ignoring them, I hate crafting in general, even more so the highly random reliant and excruciating system of FFXI.
[+]
By Atmou 2017-05-10 07:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
.... honestly it's just a game design approach that I find very irritating.

What irritating approach have we not already suffered from SE :D

I'm just glad they didn't ruin our last months/year efforts with this crappy update...
[+]
 Asura.Sesono
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-05-10 07:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
They are so low on manpower that every content they release has to be extremely stretched out and grindy to make the most (in terms of "how long it keeps players busy so they won't complain for new stuff to do") out of it.

I can understand this too, and to a certain degree every MMO developer does that, SE isn't new to this approach of course.
It's just that lately they are stretching/gating some stuff SO MUCH that it kinda starts to get beyond my threshold of acceptability.
Word!
Couldn't have said it any better.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-10 08:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think SE did this as a reaction to anything, though it is always possible.

They released the shield upgrades over 3 months in 3 steps. I think that was the plan all along.

Reacting would be say, releasing a completed shield upgrade path with no hint of gated content behind it then coming out with content much later.

As for stretching of content, while it is true, I do wonder if that impression is further enhanced by the fact we now expect monthly updates. We used to go months with no updates.
 Cerberus.Finneramos
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finneramos 2017-05-10 08:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is still not even the final version of the shield. They said they would be compared as relics of crafting. I never expected the completed version would just be +x skill. I for one am ok with certain recipes being linked to them. Final version was said would have a unique graphic and still is just another old shield model and same for all guilds so far so wait there is still more to come.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-05-10 08:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Just what I suspected. SE makes a BST & PUP set that gives nothing but Pet: Accuracy, but completely ignores Pet: Attack stat.

The blatant message:

MELEE WITH YOUR PET!!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-10 09:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

stage 3 shield is painful already about 300 synths in at 25% :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-05-10 09:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Just what I suspected. SE makes a BST & PUP set that gives nothing but Pet: Accuracy, but completely ignores Pet: Attack stat.

The blatant message:

MELEE WITH YOUR PET!!

To be honest, I really like this gear for BST and PUP. It fills a really needed niche gearset.

Valorous, Emicho +1 head / hands, and some AF+3 are already really, really great for BST. I would have bee really shocked to see them blow that stuff out of the water for attack-focused ready moves.

This full set gives somewhere around +50 pet enmity in it, which is way more than we've gotten from any other source (nibiru tabars, rimeice, sundry other ***here and there).

In situations where you need the enmity to hold hate over other non-BST DDs or mages or whatever it is not unreasonable to assume you have good support. In situations where you have BoG frailty and maybe even beast roll you don't need much, if any, pet: attack gear over the baseline. Heavy accuracy to eliminate the need for torpor or drachen roll allows you to use companion roll and enmity+~50 on big readies is a huge increase to our non-pet-party utility.

If only they would relax the distance constraint a bit :(
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-05-10 09:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is very strongly trying to push or enable a certain playstyle for each job with these new sets.

bst/pup: melee (I know there were criticisms about lack of attack, but there are huge boosts to crit rate for master.

drk: use scythe and

blu: be a healer sometime.... (wow)

In fact, it seems there is a push for more front-line fighting in general for many of these sets. And there are different strategies for survivability.

bst/pup: EVA, MEva, MDB. PET: Enmity
The intent is clear that we are avoiding direct attention from the NM's almost completely., but still have some mitigation for AoE's.

DRK: TONS of hp to counteract lots of DAMAGE.

PLD/WAR/DRG: traditional damage reduction, but while you take damage you get boosts to the damage you deal.

THF/DNC/RUN: Regen and lots of eva/meva, regain is both offense and def for dnc

Backline's primary defense is same as always: stay back.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-05-10 09:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
Bahamut.Neb said: »
Hahaha Blu got Shafted
It's been that way for 6 months, what else is new.

Seriously. I thought the shaft was strong on the Omen gear they were put on, but this is a new low. Just what blu needed, cure potency gear.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 09:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Hahaha Blu got Shafted

Seriously. I thought the shaft was strong on the Omen gear they were put on, but this is a new low. Just what blu needed, cure potency gear.

It's the great "nerf" on BLU that people were complaining about. BLU was a little OP, not game breaking but definitely stronger then other jobs when someone looked at the whole package. Instead of nerging CFC, or JTB2 or some other function of BLU, SE just started keeping them off certain gear while allowing other jobs to catch up. So now jobs like NIN, THF, DNC, DRG, SAM, WAR, and DRK (MNK is just ***) are becoming more competitive with BLU.

Pretty smart of them, instead of smacking BLU hard they just held it back while letting others catch up in natural power growth. It's still an incredibly strong job due to innate JT's and gear selection. Gives me hope the eventual SMN nerf won't be heavy handed.
[+]
By Vijara 2017-05-10 09:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Quote:
Leathercrafter

thanks

Strige Belt?

Smithing first quest ask for 280 Dweomer Steel Ingots. Another LS mate has to do 30 Shabti Cuisses. It's either random what you need or have to do both. We each talked to different guild masters.

Clothcraft first delivery is 400 velvet cloths.
 Bahamut.Afinogen
Server: Bahamut
user: afin
By Bahamut.Afinogen 2017-05-10 09:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

se pulled another bs move too, so just be aware, when crafting your item, ignore what your guild npc says about delivering your said items to your npc. you have to craft those items basically in the target area of the npc, so i've just made 30 cutlass (an easy synth yeah..) but not even thinking i gotta make those next to the npc, soon as i got there, 30 cutlass remaining appeared in the log ._. all my synths worthless. Will be a BS move if ppl that are farming those harder to get items see that =(
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-05-10 09:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Hahaha Blu got Shafted

It's the great "nerf" on BLU that people were complaining about. BLU was a little OP, not game breaking but definitely stronger then other jobs when someone looked at the whole package. Instead of nerging CFC, or JTB2 or some other function of BLU, SE just started keeping them off certain gear while allowing other jobs to catch up. So now jobs like NIN, THF, DNC, DRG, SAM, WAR, and DRK (MNK is just ***) are becoming more competitive with BLU.

Pretty smart of them, instead of smacking BLU hard they just held it back while letting others catch up in natural power growth. It's still an incredibly strong job due to innate JT's and gear selection. Gives me hope the eventual SMN nerf won't be heavy handed.

That's definitely what they're doing, but the well kept secret was that blu is (and never really was) a top DD if proper buffs were considered. Sam and War are king and to a lesser extent Drk. Sam just keeps getting stronger too. Blu is great if you're soloing with trusts, but outside of that there are much better options with solid support and the case is only getting stronger with the recent gear options to those jobs.

I think every job you mentioned can compete, and in most cases beat a blu if geared properly with appropriate support. Blu's claim to fame is being able to do a lot of things pretty well, but those are mostly solo oriented or if you have holes in your party and means they're giving up damage. Strict DD oriented role, blu is severly lacking behind Sam and much the 2 hander gang, and I'm pretty sure dnc and thief can give it a run for its money already.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-10 09:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It already started with smn. The crafted grar they added helps with our buffing the most with some regen thrown in for soloing. That regen wont help on t4s ; smns need -dt for that and they've kept off -dt from the set
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-05-10 09:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Resolved Issues
Blade: Kamu now finally deals 3 times the amount of damage it used to do. Sorry we never got a chance to look back on this issue since December 2014 but we're glad you ninjas were patient!

Totally resubbing now :O
[+]
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-05-10 10:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Vijara said: »
Staleyx said: »
Quote:
Leathercrafter

thanks

Strige Belt?

Clothcraft first delivery is 400 velvet cloths.

I'm guessing it's somewhat random. The Blacksmith's Guild has had at least 3 different requirements that I'm aware of... I guess it's SE's way of avoiding bottlenecks like the Jadagna crap for Goldsmithing for +2 shields.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 10:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Hahaha Blu got Shafted

That's definitely what they're doing, but the well kept secret was that blu is (and never really was) a top DD if proper buffs were considered. Sam and War are king and to a lesser extent Drk. Sam just keeps getting stronger too. Blu is great if you're soloing with trusts, but outside of that there are much better options with solid support and the case is only getting stronger with the recent gear options to those jobs.

I think every job you mentioned can compete, and in most cases beat a blu if geared properly with appropriate support. Blu's claim to fame is being able to do a lot of things pretty well, but those are mostly solo oriented or if you have holes in your party and means they're giving up damage. Strict DD oriented role, blu is severly lacking behind Sam and much the 2 hander gang, and I'm pretty sure dnc and thief can give it a run for its money already.

That's why I said "when someone looked at the whole package". BLU shouldn't be top DPS when it has such an insane variety of defensive and utility abilities. Saline Coat and Magic Barrier are insanely powerful, plus Occulatation (on things that don't wipe shadows), the much complained about MG and the venerable Cocoon. Then you have Job Trait specific stuff like Magic Defense / Magic Evasion (the reason I almost always have Blinding set) / Magic Accuracy and then killer traits.

BLU is the swiss army knife of the DD world, it's super versatile which is a strength all by itself. People just got blinded by a handful of bad *** BLU's doing crazy stuff and forgot to look around.
By eliroo 2017-05-10 10:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Quote:
Resolved Issues
Blade: Kamu now finally deals 3 times the amount of damage it used to do. Sorry we never got a chance to look back on this issue since December 2014 but we're glad you ninjas were patient!

Totally resubbing now :O

The new ninja gear doesn't look that bad, but I'm not an expert math crafter though. They look like good TP options and good equipment to go with Blade:Shun and maybe Blade: Hi
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9