Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 12:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The mental image of Comey trying to hide in the White House curtains is funny as hell.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 12:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 12:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
You need more triple posts where in each one you rephrase what you said in the first post.

That's a load of crap. That never happens.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 12:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What a load of bull. I've never seen such a thing and I've been here for years.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 12:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Such nonsense. Zero's imagining things.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-19 12:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You do realize that 90% of the media is liberal. And will do anything to take down Trump.

This debatable in the capacity of consumption. Sure there are more producers and publishers of liberal media, but conservatives consume the most.

For example. Fox News advertises themselves as not being mainstream media. However, Fox News for the last few years has been #1 in ratings and viewer consumption. Which technically makes them the mainstream media.

No, it is outright impossible to only consume conservative media. if you travel into any public space that has news on TV, you are exposed to liberal media.

There is no equivalence on the other side.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/25/media-bubble-real-journalism-jobs-east-coast-215048

This article is a great place to start understanding how the media bubble works.

Quote:
The “media bubble” trope might feel overused by critics of journalism who want to sneer at reporters who live in Brooklyn or California and don’t get the “real America” of southern Ohio or rural Kansas. But these numbers suggest it’s no exaggeration: Not only is the bubble real, but it’s more extreme than you might realize. And it’s driven by deep industry trends.

It's all the end result and a stunning display of "groupthink"

Quote:
Today, 73 percent of all internet publishing jobs are concentrated in either the Boston-New York-Washington-Richmond corridor or the West Coast crescent that runs from Seattle to San Diego and on to Phoenix.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 12:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You need more triple posts where in each one you rephrase what you said in the first post.

That's a load of crap. That never happens.
True Scotsman Real men posters uses 8 posts.

We are Dr. Eggman Robonics of the internet here.

Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 13:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/334209-ryan-more-audio-leaks-cause-for-concern
By fonewear 2017-05-19 13:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For who it may concern:

No one

Best Wishes

FFXIAH
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 13:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to Dumpsville

Population

You
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 13:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How to break up:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 13:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to Dumpsville

Population

Me & You
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 14:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For who it may concern:

No one

Best Wishes

FFXIAH

Dear Phone Nekkid

Sounds Personal.

Speaking of personal, do you need butt cream? For your new endeavors. We're running a special on lube too.

Congratulations on your self discovery

-NothingSingular
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-19 14:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Let me ask you something. When you guys see an article or report from Fox News or something, does it ever cross your mind that it's being spun to appeal to you? It happens to me all the time. I still read up but I do realize it's to be taken with a grain of salt because it's likely spun to appeal to me.
Everything I observe is analyzed for emotional tampering.

The very first thing people need to admit is their feelings make decisions that their rationale then justifies. This leads to an individual responsibility to protect and maintain discipline of their emotional state. Rational discussions don't convince people of anything only emotional appeals and manipulation does. So the moment something is addressing a persons emotions it's biased.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 14:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump going to Saudi Arabia going to find a nice Muslim girl to settle down with...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 15:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooo. From the official White House account of Trumps meeting with Russian Ambassadors:

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off"

Sean Spicer did not dispute the account when questioned.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 15:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooo. From the official White House account of Trumps meeting with Russian Ambassadors:

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off"

Lol, I hope that's true. From what I've heard about Comey hiding in the curtains and turning handshakes into a conspiracy theory, the man was starting to lose it. But relieving pressure because of Russia? That part doesn't make any sense. /shrug
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-19 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me ask you something. When you guys see an article or report from Fox News or something, does it ever cross your mind that it's being spun to appeal to you? It happens to me all the time. I still read up but I do realize it's to be taken with a grain of salt because it's likely spun to appeal to me.

I always read it that way. Then again, I don't look at much from Fox News. The problem now, though, is that I don't trust any news source whatsoever.
It seems a lot of people I hear from seem to read an article and The Truth™ and refuse to believe the media could actually be lying. That's one area where Trump is undoubtedly right. They don't call it lying, they'd call it "spinning" because lying is a harsh word. It's all point of view, interpretation, and semantics.

And nearly all of them are on the left and you frequently agree with and reinforce them.

This is why you are biased, you allow your political religion to color your perceptions and then assume that your perception isn't colored. The only way to have an unbiased opinion is to not be emotionally attached to something, meaning absolutely zero political religion. That's only possible whens someone stops trying to define themselves as "the good guys" and the others as "the bad guys" with the dividing line being based on adherence to political ideology.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 15:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The mental image of Comey trying to hide in the White House curtains is funny as hell.

Lol, I hope that's true. From what I've heard about Comey hiding in the curtains and turning handshakes into a conspiracy theory, the man was starting to lose it. But relieving pressure because of Russia? That part doesn't make any sense. /shrug
Wait, what?

I missed any/all of that.
By eliroo 2017-05-19 16:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it Ironic how you believe what people say about Comey but not about Trump.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 16:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you say, Candlejack.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 16:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

I find it Ironic how you believe what people say about Comey but not about Trump.

You try way, way, way too hard Eli. Just give it up.

Comey's not on trial here, I specifically stated "from what I've heard" meaning "as far as I know" and not "this totally happened", and the whole curtains thing was based on something a friend of Comey's reported him saying, not some anonymous source out to make him look bad.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-19 16:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What? You totally made a conclusion from baseless evidence. Even more baseless than any accusation or even any "potential accusations" that anyone has made about Trump. I had to double take that comment to see if Candlejack wrote it.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I agree, that very "CJ" of Ravael.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-19 16:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html

It's the usual's citing an anonymous source who read from a "meeting notes" page. Particularly it looks like they cut and pasted several different statements together. None of it is first hand, it's all third party hearsay that's being passed around to the different liberal media outlets.

What I've noticed with the liberal media is that one journalist writes a story based on an invented "anonymous source". That article gets published but not before it's sent to several other outlets who immediately publish the same piece but make it look like it's a different article. It creates the illusion of truth by having it seem to be from multiple locations when in reality it's propaganda with a single unconfirmed anonymous source.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 16:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What? You totally made a conclusion from baseless evidence. Even more baseless than any accusation or even any "potential accusations" that anyone has made about Trump. I had to double take that comment to see if Candlejack wrote it.

I agree, that very "CJ" of Ravael.

Seeing as how this post makes absolutely no sense, I'm going to repeat:

You try way, way, way too hard Eli. Just give it up.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-19 16:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
What I've noticed with the liberal media is that one journalist writes a story based on an invented "anonymous source". That article gets published but not before it's sent to several other outlets who immediately publish the same piece but make it look like it's a different article. It creates the illusion of truth by having it seem to be from multiple locations when in reality it's propaganda with a single unconfirmed anonymous source.

This happens with "media" in general. If you think it is only something "liberal" media displays then you have already bought into the conservative propaganda.
By eliroo 2017-05-19 16:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the last line didn't make sense because I dropped the was.

As for the top part since you seem to lack any sense today I'll help you out your statement:

Quote:
Lol, I hope that's true. From what I've heard about Comey hiding in the curtains and turning handshakes into a conspiracy theory, the man was starting to lose it.

What you "Hope" is true:

Quote:

Why you hope its true:
Quote:
From what I've heard about Comey hiding in the curtains and turning handshakes into a conspiracy theory,

The conclusion drawn from the information you heard above:

Quote:
the man was starting to lose it

I don't have to try at all to make you guys look ignorant, you really do it yourselves. Pointing out the ignorance and watching you all jump in to defend each other is the fun part.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 16:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html

It's the usual's citing an anonymous source who read from a "meeting notes" page. Particularly it looks like they cut and pasted several different statements together. None of it is first hand, it's all third party hearsay that's being passed around to the different liberal media outlets.

I did?

/checks skin

Nope, not orange or Oompa-like
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 16:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the last line didn't make sense because I dropped the was.

As for the top part since you seem to lack any sense today I'll help you out your statement:

Quote:
Lol, I hope that's true. From what I've heard about Comey hiding in the curtains and turning handshakes into a conspiracy theory, the man was starting to lose it.

What you "Hope" is true:

Quote:

Why you hope its true:
Quote:
From what I've heard about Comey hiding in the curtains and turning handshakes into a conspiracy theory,

The conclusion drawn from the information you heard above:

Quote:
the man was starting to lose it

I don't have to try at all to make you guys look ignorant, you really do it yourselves. Pointing out the ignorance and watching you all jump in to defend each other is the fun part.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-19 16:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Buttercups are yellow, I like buttercups, IMPEACH TRUMP!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60