Forum » Windower » Support » Windower 4.2 links
Windower 4.2 links
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-03 13:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i found ashitcast much easier to do what I wanted with it, especially for pet jobs where i might have more than twice the toggle options of other jobs.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-05-03 13:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only messed with Ashita few times in the past for just messing around but with all crashing and issues with Windower lately and my static omen group needing a perma tank that didn't *** about needing cards on other jobs.

I actually decided to fire up Ashita two nights ago and build a PLD ashitacast xml. So that our new tank shouldn't have any dcing crashes issues. Wasn't that bad of a change imo if you ever did any spellcast writing years ago. Though I did find some mistakes in the documentation vs what actually is written when you ask it to make a new default xml. Overall I think I'm going to keep messing with Ashita for sure now but keep my main on Windower for now. One thing some "advanced" users on gearswap would have problems I think with it a lot of code doesn't belong in a gearswap file yet as a stand-a-lone addon but with gearswap being lua you can get away with not doing so.

The one thing and there very well might be a way to do this is I am so use to using // for windower and ashita only uses /. Almost ever command I did I had to redo.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-05-03 13:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I can appreciate how difficult an undertaking that would be, but personally I don't know XML, and with little to no examples of scripts available anywhere I honestly have no idea where to start. GearSwap has tutorials etc all over the place. If you know of anywhere I could start I'm more than happy to learn, if nothing more because of the marked performance increase I get using Ashita over Windower, but otherwise I'm at a loss.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-05-03 13:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said: »
I can appreciate how difficult an undertaking that would be, but personally I don't know XML, and with little to no examples of scripts available anywhere I honestly have no idea where to start. GearSwap has tutorials etc all over the place. If you know of anywhere I could start I'm more than happy to learn, if nothing more because of the marked performance increase I get using Ashita over Windower, but otherwise I'm at a loss.
The documentation is here and basic examples: http://git.ashita.atom0s.com/Plugins/AshitaCast/src/master/release/docs/Ashitacast

Here is a few posted xmls on thier forums: http://ashita.atom0s.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=541685dea54fdfff499830b064410588
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 20:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really not that hard to get Ashita working, I just don't have the free time to rewrite all my ***. Though since I already once had to rewrite all my ***from spellcast to gearswap I deliberately kept my lua's in a fairly compatible format.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [249 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-01-07 10:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if people still have this issue (I do sadly) But you need to update your firewall to block this IP now: 96.126.126.88