So... Is Guildwork Dead?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » So... is Guildwork dead?
So... is Guildwork dead?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Berlon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Berlack
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-18 07:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouts dont seem to be working for me, I have to continuously type /gw shouts for it to load them when in a non-city zone
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2017-06-18 07:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Viking said: »
Cant seem to get to add my alt Ofc to guildwork. Just get message that guildwork community site is down or scraper is down. Is it even possible to add new accounts now without Linkshell community?

This
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-18 08:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Still not working: shouts, gear, friend list, etc
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-06-18 08:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Still not working: shouts, gear, friend list, etc

A couple of the subsystems didn't come back cleanly from the reboots - I've patched up a couple of them, I'll see what other errors I can find. Let me know if anything is still broken.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-18 09:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent, thank you sir!
 Asura.Berlon
user: Berlack
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-18 10:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouts are back :D Nice one!
 Ragnarok.Camlann
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-06-18 12:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: /gw flush works. It was related to directx.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Jiib
Server: Shiva
user: jiibjiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2017-08-13 18:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

@Rooks
I recently installed EU client of ffxi along with my NA client in order to have 8 accounts with saved setting and info locked in on my PC at all times. I got sick and tired of logging in friends for events and always having to log them in on guest, then have them disconnect 20min later while i'm off eating dinner or something. I feel like for a LONG time I was able to log in guests and the "time out at 20min" BS was disabled on guest login but recently that changed? I was able to leave friends logging in overnight on guest without changing any settings or having any disconnect but now that has changed and REALLY SUCKS. So getting to the issue here, Ever since I installed the EU client while also having the NA client installed GW sticks at "hello" logs me successfully and then nothing. I cannot get anything to flush/update, or anything. None of the commands work, and are totally non responsive and no amount of debug/unload/reload works. the debug file is only coming up with
3:40:27 PM| [1ab0] guildwork: Window Title: *NAME*

3:42:02 PM| [2378] guildwork: Sending exit message over sock2
3:42:03 PM| [2378] guildwork: Terminating child process
3:42:03 PM| [2378] guildwork: Closing process/thread handles

and I was trying TONS of random shananagins so I feel like the issue is having two clients installed at the same time? and I have no idea how to fix this.

Only running one client at a time and still wont work on either, windows 8.1, windower4 fresh gw.dll and supporting folder/files, nothing I have done that is "simple" or "common sense" works.
 Shiva.Jiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2017-08-13 19:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

so turns out I have "We are no longer find this character as we cannot find it on official servers." which is why my stuff isnt updating??? any idea how to fix this, or why its happening? I log in and play all the time????? I cannot make any changes to my GW acct for linkshells attached to my mules or anything, every time I do it says they cannot be found and so on. It gets to "logging in..." "welcome Jiib!" and then is locked out and cannot in any way have any commands done. WTF? ALSO I deleted a mule from guildwork to try and see if adding it back would work and all I get is "Guildwork's scraper may be down or FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community might be inaccessible. Please try again." AWESOME!
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2017-08-14 09:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@Rooks is there any update on being able to get Missions to load, as well as add new characters without linkshell community?
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-08-14 18:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jiib said: »
so turns out I have "We are no longer find this character as we cannot find it on official servers." which is why my stuff isnt updating??? any idea how to fix this, or why its happening? I log in and play all the time????? I cannot make any changes to my GW acct for linkshells attached to my mules or anything, every time I do it says they cannot be found and so on. It gets to "logging in..." "welcome Jiib!" and then is locked out and cannot in any way have any commands done. WTF? ALSO I deleted a mule from guildwork to try and see if adding it back would work and all I get is "Guildwork's scraper may be down or FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community might be inaccessible. Please try again." AWESOME!

The scraper and official servers messages can be ignored (and should be removed). I also had to fix some GW problems after the hosting provider rebooted some stuff. Can you really not sync your character at all?

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
@Rooks is there any update on being able to get Missions to load, as well as add new characters without linkshell community?

It's been a matter of lack of time and lack of access to my development environment. Some slight burnout factored in as well, but if the first two weren't such factors it'd have been done a while ago. I've got some days off coming up, so I'll try to pound out the last of the testing on it.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-08-14 19:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask for help if ya need it... lots of talent in this community
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-14 19:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I never thought there would be a way to link missions/ etc after the death of the linkshell portal. So major props for the attempt.
 Shiva.Jiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2017-08-14 19:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I SERIOUSLY could not link to ANY of my accounts, and NOTHING was working, I dug up some old post that a guy had an issue years ago, he logged in on a friends computer when he got locked out, and was able to update his GW after that. I downloaded a fresh copy of the game on my sons PC and took a copy of my POL folder and transferred it to his PC (to avoid 3 day long update) and first login BOOM flush works and zero lockout. My GW just got slammed with a few new items so its updating from sons PC. I dont know why this worked, but ill check and see if it unlocked GW from working correctly on my PC.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Wolfegang
user: Cheriour
By Ragnarok.Wolfegang 2017-08-14 19:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Rooks for keeping all this alive.
[+]
By whitemage 2017-08-14 20:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.guildwork.com 504 gateway timed out... now can't connect to site ; ;
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-08-15 18:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

whitemage said: »

I was fixing something in the db. Should be fine now.

Kodaijin said: »

Talent isn't the problem - access is, and it's not mine to grant. Sorry about the delays. I do have a task or two coming up that people can help me with, actually.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-15 20:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

Talent isn't the problem - access is, and it's not mine to grant. Sorry about the delays. I do have a task or two coming up that people can help me with, actually.
Thanks for your hard work
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2017-08-16 00:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

Thank you for the responses, Rooks. Look forward to it all
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [425 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-15 07:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure where else to post, sorry for the necro.
Anybody knows if there is a way to stop guildwork from showing me notifications and send me emails about stuff I put in the "wanted" section of ffxiah?

In other words: I want items I'm looking for to stay in the wanted section of ffxiah so that people can see that I'm willing to pay a certain amount of gil for it.
At the same time though I do not want guildwork to send me 50000000000 notifications and emails whenever the item becomes available on AH.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-10-15 09:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i just put it as spam on my email.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-15 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
i just put it as spam on my email.
Need more bushin
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-15 11:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an option in the settings, which probably should have been the first place you looked.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-15 15:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
There's an option in the settings, which probably should have been the first place you looked.
Nope! It just started randomly for me some time ago, without me changing any setting anywhere, I wasn't even sure if it was entirely GW's fault or something dependant on "recent" changes that happened since when Rooks took over FFXIAH.

Regardless I did find a setting there under the "Notifications" tab and removed it, let's see if it works now. Thanks!

Btw are you always so incredibly bitter towards anyone even irl or is it just a sort of "character" you like to play during social interactions on the web?
You're always incredibly knowledgeable and useful but I've always been wondering about that as I see you interacting with others, not sure up to which degree you're serious or just playin around :3
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-15 15:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you still register a toon on there?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-15 15:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually not working, still receiving notifications even though I disabled everything in that sub section ;_;
Maybe it takes some time to update, we'll see I guess.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2018-10-15 23:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a flush a few days ago, and the link did work, it just took quite a bit of time.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-16 01:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo... yeah, woke up to find over 20 notifications -_-
Appearently not receiving the emails anymore, yai, but still getting stormed with Notifications.

Anybody know of a solution or knows who can I get in touch with to solve this issue?
Guess I'll have to remove the item from my "wanted" list meanwhile...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7