Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21
By Staleyx 2017-05-05 23:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Still is copying every single button press even dpad. Double checked both version are 4.2. Have it blocked in firewall. Have Enable gamepad both checked on both instances. Anything you can think of I'm doing wrong?
By Staleyx 2017-05-05 23:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When I say I have both enable gamepad. Im meaning in ffxi config. Should I turn that off in the actual ffxi config?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-05 23:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to uncheck Always Enable Gamepad in the launcher profile config if you are using an XInput device such as an Xbox Controller.
By Staleyx 2017-05-05 23:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Even tried running a 4.3 and a 4.2. They still copy inputs. Think I'm going to throw the towel in until it gets fixed unless someone else has a idea why the "fix" is not working for me.
By Staleyx 2017-05-05 23:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You need to uncheck Always Enable Gamepad in the launcher profile config if you are using an XInput device such as an Xbox Controller.

So have that turned off in ffxi config and use 4.2 and it should work?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-05 23:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
ffxi config

no

use 4.2

no
By Staleyx 2017-05-05 23:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When using 4.3 on both instances. When I have player 1 in active it will control player 2 and vice versa. So that's working but backwards which doesn't help me but maybe that is a clue to something?

So I'm using 4.3 on both. Have both unchecked gamepad enable and the above is happening.

Is there anyway to get a version of dev windower that was working last night?

Also unplugging controller and plugging it back in then makes it dual input again. Until I switch characters then it does the control the unactive window player.
By Staleyx 2017-05-06 00:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Another update.

I can get 4.3 to work IF I open cmd in windower and type minimize. Then tab to player 1 and it will only control player 1 then.

Once I tab to player 2 and start doing stuff there. It start doing the reverse control bug again.

I play on borderless window setting on both players. Maybe it is getting confused as to which player is "active". I can try making player 2 a window'd type with another resolution and see if that works.
By Staleyx 2017-05-06 01:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Working now. Solution was to change from borderless to border window on both players.
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2017-05-06 02:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea why windower won't work windows xp anymore? I have posted in my previous post about the error that happens when it tries to load it.
By Staleyx 2017-05-06 02:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe because windows XP isn't supported by hardly anyone? I know windows can be expensive but it's worth it.
By Eboneezer 2017-05-06 03:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rendra said: »
Anyone have any idea why windower won't work windows xp anymore? I have posted in my previous post about the error that happens when it tries to load it.

I feel your pain, but I guess it's time for us to move on. I hate to have to get a new pc and new controller just for this game to run the same as it did on the xp system with xbox 360 controller. But beggars can't be choosers. It wouldn't feel so tedious if I had any kind of other reason to need something higher than xp. Ah well
 Carbuncle.Brutalforce
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Brutalforce 2017-05-06 04:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you got your dual input to stop? iv used boarder windowed when this problem occurred. tried switching too board less, but still the same issue on my end
By Staleyx 2017-05-06 04:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutalforce Here is what I did.

Use 4.3 most current version.
Have border option enabled on both instances.
player 1 resolution is different then player 2.
Make sure enable gamepad is checked to ON.

Now with my script running. Dual input bug stopped working. I don't like having this setup but it works for now so F it.
 Carbuncle.Brutalforce
By Carbuncle.Brutalforce 2017-05-06 04:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

oh nice :) going to give it a try, see if anything happens. much appreciated for the tips, will post future progress. thanks alot :)
 Carbuncle.Brutalforce
By Carbuncle.Brutalforce 2017-05-06 04:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

when it says Windower 4.0 as a free download, that's really 4.3 yeah?
 Carbuncle.Brutalforce
By Carbuncle.Brutalforce 2017-05-06 05:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so for me, i just had too uncheck enable gamerpad under game edit options in windower, not the dual input stopped, finally!. thanx for tips Staleyx :)
By Staleyx 2017-05-06 05:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea it says 4.0 on website but each time you open windower it auto updates with the version they put live.

Weird I had to make sure that was checked for mine to work XD.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2017-05-06 10:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using a PS2 controller, btw.

Sylph.Subadai said: »
There's a new option in the Windower launcher, maybe that's resetting it. It's under Edit (pencil icon) -> Game -> Always Enable Gamepad.
Ah, thanks. I figured it was in there after it reset, but I didn't want to touch anything else until it stops working again.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2017-05-06 10:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unrelated, ffxicaddieprovider hasn't worked since Thursday for me. Errors on load with a runtime error:
Code
socket.lua:29: attempt to call field 'getaddrinfo' (a nil value)

Edit: I'm using Live only.
 Asura.Lewyo
Server: Asura
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2017-05-06 14:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is related to the 4.3 update but since i got it down my Right ALT key + J will not bring up my job abilities but the right AlT key works fine with ATL + E and ALT H etc, If i hold the right ALT down it brings up the macro pallet and J works fine so i don't know why the combo to bring up job abilities is not working like it always did before 4.3.
By Staleyx 2017-05-06 16:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a page on here, wiki or windower site where update notes and just general news on progress of windower?
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
Server: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-05-06 16:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a page on here, wiki or windower site where update notes and just general news on progress of windower?

https://github.com/Windower/Issues/blob/master/ChangeLog.md
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-06 16:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Subadai said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
had that since i first dl'ed windower. That camera gets unltra sensitive. My screen is spinning the majority of the time im not active. And i have to go back to the window, click in it then place cursor on window OS toolbar at bottome, use arrow to stop the screen from spinning. Then go to a different window being carfull not to have my cursor touch the windower screen again otherwise it stars spinning again. .. Gotten a bit used to it tho'
OK, I think I see what is happening now. The second character I logged into had Screen Edge Panning turned on in Config->Mouse/Camera. Once I turned that off, the problem went away. I think when focus changed, FFXI was confused as to the position of the mouse pointer and started spinning the camera even when the pointer was within the bounds of its window. After returning to the window, tapping a direction key made it update and it "realized" the camera should not be spinning, so it stopped. Turning off Screen Edge Panning seems to have eliminated the spinning problem for me, so that's a workaround, assuming you don't make use of Screen Edge Panning.

wow... that was so overwhelmingly simple. Kind of saddened that i never thought to look there. It only showed up when i started using windower so i figured it was just a side effect of that. - Now to see if it will stay this way next time i log in.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-05-06 20:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Had an update yesterday i think,Noticed it after one of my characters dc'd and had to re log them in,Didn't think to much about it everything seemed to be working fine,Computer did a restart today had to log in all my characters,Now when i alt tab or use switchmon characters will take several seconds to respond before i can input any commands to them. Has anyone had any issues with this?

this is for 4.3 and the dev build

Updated to windows 10 creator edition and still having the same issues
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2017-05-06 23:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
Has anyone had any issues with this?
I have two identical PCs running win 10 with out the creator update and the up to date version of windower, non dev build. One PC has a PS4 controller and the other an xbox one controller.

After the updates to windower, switchmon stopping working for the xbox one controller. The PS4 controller works fine with switchmon.

As a work around, I switched to xpadder. Makes it playable but not near as streamlined as switchmon. Also seem slower with xpadder but whatever, it's working.
http://xpadder.com/

Maybe when all the bugs are worked out here someone can take a look at switchmon :)
 Asura.Zihi
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2017-05-07 00:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm when i move 1 of my toon, the other in next screen also move...

i havent play since last 2 weeks, anything i'm missing? i'm using the Dev- version 4.3.11
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-05-07 00:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zihi said: »

i havent play since last 2 weeks, anything i'm missing? i'm using the Dev- version 4.3.11

disable game pad option under setting before you select load POL
 Sylph.Zangdar
Server: Sylph
user: Zangdar
By Sylph.Zangdar 2017-05-07 01:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

hi guys i got the double input bug with Xbox 360 gamepad before the update of windower to 4.3 this happened with win 7 64 for me.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49997/dual-boxing-w-gamepad#3213248.

I just deleted xinputdll.dll in ff11 folder and it solved all my gamepad bug.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-05-07 03:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
Asura.Zihi said: »

disable game pad option under setting before you select load POL

just do it and same issue for me.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21