Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-04 19:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
Asura.Topace said: »
Windower keeps giving me "Failure to Initialize 3D" when i'm switching from playonline to FFXI. But it works when I use Ashita or regular POL. I'm really sure how fix it.

Screenshot in spoiler :
I get the same messsage, same with -dev

That happened just after creator update.

I'm using Nvidia 980 Ti with last drivers (05/04/2017)
Windows 10 64b Creator update

I've tried to disable all plugins and addons, still same error.

I'll update if I figure something out

Edit : Ok, I ended up rolling back Creator's update for now. Everything's ok with -dev

And it's come at a shitty time to. I'm just hoping they find a fix for it before the campaigns start. I feel helpless without GS.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-04 20:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but with the last release update the controller has been acting funny. I use AutoHotKey to switch between instances and whenever a switch occurs, buttons on the controller seem to randomly get triggered without input.

Also, whenever I press the back button the game stutters for a second and random input seems to be generated.

Any idea what is causing this?
 Valefor.Vardaman
Server: Valefor
user: Vardaman
By Valefor.Vardaman 2017-05-04 20:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but with the last release update the controller has been acting funny. I use AutoHotKey to switch between instances and whenever a switch occurs, buttons on the controller seem to randomly get triggered without input.

Also, whenever I press the back button the game stutters for a second and random input seems to be generated.

As of today I am also experiencing random controller input when switching between characters, however I am using Switch Monitor. Haven't been able to figure anything out yet, just chiming in that you're not alone.

EDIT: I guess I should say, for me it's not always random. For example, say the last button I pressed was either confirm or cancel. When I switch to another character, the same button will activate on its own.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-04 20:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the dev build have a different folder? It's not accessing my lua's in the gearswap folder.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-04 21:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Fenrir.Caiir said: »
I pushed as fix to dev to address this. Please let me know if anything unexpected happens. Hook version 4.3.0.8
how to i update to that? When i start windower i still get hook 4.3.0.6 Even when i dl new from the windower site.
bump to new page
By Staleyx 2017-05-04 22:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also having the issue where buttons are being used when I swap to another character. Very annoying at the moment heh.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-04 22:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted already that the current (well, now previous!) dev build had issues with controller input.

We just pushed another hook to -dev, 4.3.0.9, that should fix that issue and retain the stability of previous fixes. Pushing this to live would address quite a few issues, but I'd like some feedback first so nothing terribly unexpected pops up.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-05-04 22:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having issues recently with Windower. Basically, whenever I minimize the FFXI window, Windower crashes. I had no issues doing that before until just a couple days ago. Now I have to be careful not to minimize the window, but it's such second nature to me that I forget and I end up crashing my game.
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2017-05-04 22:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
I posted already that the current (well, now previous!) dev build had issues with controller input.

We just pushed another hook to -dev, 4.3.0.9, that should fix that issue and retain the stability of previous fixes. Pushing this to live would address quite a few issues, but I'd like some feedback first so nothing terribly unexpected pops up.
Only problem I have with 4.3.0.9 is that when dual-boxing, the camera on the second instance will start spinning when I hit Alt-Tab. Once I return to that instance, pressing the left arrow key stops the spinning. I have no controllers or joysticks plugged in, keyboard + mouse only. Other than that, no other problems encountered.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-04 23:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Subadai said: »
Only problem I have with 4.3.0.9 is that when dual-boxing, the camera on the second instance will start spinning when I hit Alt-Tab. Once I return to that instance, pressing the left arrow key stops the spinning. I have no controllers or joysticks plugged in, keyboard + mouse only. Other than that, no other problems encountered.
had that since i first dl'ed windower. That camera gets unltra sensitive. My screen is spinning the majority of the time im not active. And i have to go back to the window, click in it then place cursor on window OS toolbar at bottome, use arrow to stop the screen from spinning. Then go to a different window being carfull not to have my cursor touch the windower screen again otherwise it stars spinning again. .. Gotten a bit used to it tho'
By Staleyx 2017-05-04 23:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying the .DEV version now to see if it works any better for now.

"Update"

The dev version is not wanting to open at all. Waiting on the first screen still.

Took a full 5 min to open. Strange
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-04 23:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I've been having issues recently with Windower. Basically, whenever I minimize the FFXI window, Windower crashes. I had no issues doing that before until just a couple days ago. Now I have to be careful not to minimize the window, but it's such second nature to me that I forget and I end up crashing my game.

gr8 thx..
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-05-04 23:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

.Dev version fixed that issue. Working just fine so far. So glad we have people in the community doing this fine work.

Also this .Dev version has given me a slightly more smoother frame rate in towns running multiple windows. I'll take it.
 Sylph.Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2017-05-05 00:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
had that since i first dl'ed windower. That camera gets unltra sensitive. My screen is spinning the majority of the time im not active. And i have to go back to the window, click in it then place cursor on window OS toolbar at bottome, use arrow to stop the screen from spinning. Then go to a different window being carfull not to have my cursor touch the windower screen again otherwise it stars spinning again. .. Gotten a bit used to it tho'
OK, I think I see what is happening now. The second character I logged into had Screen Edge Panning turned on in Config->Mouse/Camera. Once I turned that off, the problem went away. I think when focus changed, FFXI was confused as to the position of the mouse pointer and started spinning the camera even when the pointer was within the bounds of its window. After returning to the window, tapping a direction key made it update and it "realized" the camera should not be spinning, so it stopped. Turning off Screen Edge Panning seems to have eliminated the spinning problem for me, so that's a workaround, assuming you don't make use of Screen Edge Panning.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-05 01:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

is that from in game? Not logged in atm so i cant check. I dont ever recall hearing of that before, but i dont see it in ffxi config from the start menu.
By Staleyx 2017-05-05 01:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its ingame.

Config- Mouse/Cam. "Screen Edge Panning"
 Odin.Rendra
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2017-05-05 02:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm running windows xp still and I have had no issue with windower or POL until these last few updates... every time windower tries to load POL it instantly crashes and this is the crash log.

edited
http://imgur.com/a/DPn3q
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-05 02:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That stopped me from spinning. Yiss
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-05 15:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugg... With the new update, every time I switch char's the game freezes for half a second then resumes.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-05 15:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the dev build have a different folder? It's not accessing my lua's in the gearswap folder.
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-05-05 15:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the "best" way to use the dev build is to create a copy of your existing live Windower install, and drop the dev launcher there.

The two branches (dev/live) will be completely separate, so any changes you make to the addon configurations in one are not automatically made to the other.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-05 16:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Talym said: »

Yes, the "best" way to use the dev build is to create a copy of your existing live Windower install, and drop the dev launcher there.

The two branches (dev/live) will be completely separate, so any changes you make to the addon configurations in one are not automatically made to the other.
It Worked! Thanks!!!
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2017-05-05 17:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Vardaman said: »

As of today I am also experiencing random controller input when switching between characters, however I am using Switch Monitor. Haven't been able to figure anything out yet, just chiming in that you're not alone.

EDIT: I guess I should say, for me it's not always random. For example, say the last button I pressed was either confirm or cancel. When I switch to another character, the same button will activate on its own.

I just resolved this issue based on an earlier post in this thread. The FFXI Config has an option in the gamepad settings for 'Enable gamepad when game is inactive'. I unchecked that, and it now works without storing the input.

Though I just noted that the box is checked again when I reopened the config tool after loading Windower. I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if I have to reset the setting next time I have to re-log.
 Carbuncle.Brutalforce
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Brutalforce 2017-05-05 17:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So yesterday, i entered Dyna to do some trails on my aeonic weaspon, 2boxing with my main and my alt, 15 mins after i entered my main crashed, after logging back in.. out of no where everything became Dual input, ( i play with a xbox360 controler) for my main and my alt, tried restarting, windower, my computer, unchekced gameer pad under ffxi config while inactive.. nothing worked, even bought a new controler thinking my old one bugged out... still nothing =/ has anyone else experience this issue, and is there anyway to fix it? any help would be greatly appreciated :)
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-05 19:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brutalforce said: »
So yesterday, i entered Dyna to do some trails on my aeonic weaspon, 2boxing with my main and my alt, 15 mins after i entered my main crashed, after logging back in.. out of no where everything became Dual input, ( i play with a xbox360 controler) for my main and my alt, tried restarting, windower, my computer, unchekced gameer pad under ffxi config while inactive.. nothing worked, even bought a new controler thinking my old one bugged out... still nothing =/ has anyone else experience this issue, and is there anyway to fix it? any help would be greatly appreciated :)
A linkshell mate experienced the same thing. She couldn't find a fix, either. 'Not sure what caused it.
 Sylph.Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2017-05-05 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Valefor.Vardaman said: »

I just resolved this issue based on an earlier post in this thread. The FFXI Config has an option in the gamepad settings for 'Enable gamepad when game is inactive'. I unchecked that, and it now works without storing the input.

Though I just noted that the box is checked again when I reopened the config tool after loading Windower. I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if I have to reset the setting next time I have to re-log.
There's a new option in the Windower launcher, maybe that's resetting it. It's under Edit (pencil icon) -> Game -> Always Enable Gamepad.
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-05-05 19:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The setting in the Windower launcher overrides whatever you set in the FFXI Config program, so you need to make sure that it's set the way you want in the launcher.

Hook 4.3.0.10 has been pushed to the dev branch, and 4.3.0.9 to the live branch. Most issues should be fixed now, so please check them out.

Edit: Make that 4.3.0.11 on -dev. If you were having issues with winkey binds or setkey, check that out.
 Carbuncle.Brutalforce
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Brutalforce 2017-05-05 21:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so frustrating, not used to 2boxing on a keyboard, and i was just informed someone else in my linkshell just experience the same problem this morning aswell =/
By Staleyx 2017-05-05 21:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The dev version is now dual inputing when 2 boxing. Trying just the live version now then I will try both dev and live at same time. So frustrating ;/

"Update"

Tried 2 dev versions, 2 live versions, tried live/dev at same time. Enable or disable gamepad setting. Both sessions are having inputs copied.

So this thing about using 4.2. Is this still a option until this gets sorted out?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-05 23:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Try it and find out. Just make a copy of the windower folder and replace the hook/exe. Be sure to prevent the update by editing that host file
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21