First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 53 54 55
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-12 15:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Sorry, not even worth using Schere with a Scythe imo. I despise having to waste dps on Entropy mp refill just so I can use my Drain, Dread Spikes, Endark, or Absorb spells which I use often. I guess if I was already in a situation where I was using Entropy frequently as part of a repeated skillchain...
I mean more power to you? Not that hard to drop a few entropy in you using the earring to also help with enmity management. Also not sure why you wouldn't use it as its only on when you don't have AM up for Lib. I don't use it for caladbolg if I dont need it because switching weapons is annoying. Not like you got too many better earrings out with 15Acc 10 ATT 6DA
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-12 16:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
+DA Damage should not be procing on AM hits as AM isn't DA but instead OaX.

The way +DA Damage works is that if an attack procs a DA, both the attack and the additional hit gets the bonus to damage.

+DAdmg does indeed stack with Empy and Relic aftermaths, as they are double or triple damage aftermaths, not extra swings like a mythic. That's a completely different situation where I agree one would never use a Sakpata Helm with the Liberator, for example.

Yeah I was totally thinking you were referring to Liberator. The damage bonus's from Empy to get +DA Damage if the hit procs a DA. For relics, I thought their damage bonus only applies to the first hit and not any MA procs?
It does, but "increase double attack damage" pieces apply to both swings when you proc DA, so it still stacks with relic bonus damage.

Wait, does the bonus damage only apply to the 2nd and beyond attack or all attacks in that round?
If it's 2nd and beyond only, it wouldn't stack with relic bonus damage as it can only proc on first swing.

....which is a shame because that would certainly help relics out a great deal.
By Nariont 2022-08-12 16:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Youll get the DA dmg on both swings but relic procs only on the 1st hit(or OH hit of h2h iirc), relics continue to be discount AM3 empy's due to that, except in case of h2h i guess which just gets a bad roll with AMs in general
By SimonSes 2022-08-13 03:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

DA damage applies to both hits
TA damage to all 3 hits
Double shot damage only applies to extra shot
Triple shot damage only applies to 2 extra shots
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2022-08-13 10:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
I mean more power to you? Not that hard to drop a few entropy in you using the earring to also help with enmity management. Also not sure why you wouldn't use it as its only on when you don't have AM up for Lib. I don't use it for caladbolg if I dont need it because switching weapons is annoying. Not like you got too many better earrings out with 15Acc 10 ATT 6DA

If Enmity is an issue, you definitely want to use it when you have a Scythe on, but if Enmity isn't a problem, Schere isn't actually that great. Let's say you fulltime Telos/Crep and Brutal vs Telos/Crep and Schere. Schere is going to have +1DA%, +5 STR, +3SB, +15acc, +10ATK vs 1STP. That in your TP set isn't going to make up for the loss in DPS on having to use Entropy at all. Maybe if you fought for like 6 hours straight on uncapped acc/atk mobs, but that is about it.

Again, if you already have Scythe on AND you need the -Enmity, it's absolutely great, but it's not really worth it on the DPS side at all. You would lose DPS using it.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-13 15:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »

If Enmity is an issue, you definitely want to use it when you have a Scythe on, but if Enmity isn't a problem, Schere isn't actually that great. Let's say you fulltime Telos/Crep and Brutal vs Telos/Crep and Schere. Schere is going to have +1DA%, +5 STR, +3SB, +15acc, +10ATK vs 1STP. That in your TP set isn't going to make up for the loss in DPS on having to use Entropy at all. Maybe if you fought for like 6 hours straight on uncapped acc/atk mobs, but that is about it.

Again, if you already have Scythe on AND you need the -Enmity, it's absolutely great, but it's not really worth it on the DPS side at all. You would lose DPS using it.

Schere's effects procs as long as you have at least 1MP remaining, so can "cheat" as long as have some way to getting 1MP/tick. It's actually a useful earring for jobs that don't have MP or abilities to use it on.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-13 16:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

was always curious if the full effect procs off 1 mp or its 1:1 mp:-enmity
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-13 16:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

as someone who plays RDM for a lot of situations, tossing a quick refresh2 at a WAR or DRK using Schere is very noticeable in terms of hate balance at times. Depends a ton on the playstyle and potency of the DD in question, along with the Tank they're vying against, but when its close, Schere does its job and makes a definite difference.

In terms of a DPS loss by using the earring...sigh. For a job with high damage potential I'm not going to lose sleep over probably a fraction of a percentage point at best in lieu of gaining accuracy and safety. Brutal Earring is the one I really don't understand usage of any more. Its not like we're DRGs with tons of accuracy traits and such- at least for me, every extra tic of accuracy without complete sacrifice of DD stats is a win.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-13 16:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
was always curious if the full effect procs off 1 mp or its 1:1 mp:-enmity

It's just a straight -20 enmity (doesn't bypass caps or function in a special way or anything) as long as you have mp to trigger it. What isn't known concretely is whether the -20 applies to every hit or just the first hit of a round/weaponskill regardless of mp drain (I don't see why it wouldn't as long as each hit eats at least 1 mp).
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-13 18:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
as someone who plays RDM for a lot of situations, tossing a quick refresh2 at a WAR or DRK using Schere is very noticeable in terms of hate balance at times. Depends a ton on the playstyle and potency of the DD in question, along with the Tank they're vying against, but when its close, Schere does its job and makes a definite difference.

In terms of a DPS loss by using the earring...sigh. For a job with high damage potential I'm not going to lose sleep over probably a fraction of a percentage point at best in lieu of gaining accuracy and safety. Brutal Earring is the one I really don't understand usage of any more. Its not like we're DRGs with tons of accuracy traits and such- at least for me, every extra tic of accuracy without complete sacrifice of DD stats is a win.
This right here pretty much sums up my comment on the dps loss. The loss is so damn small that it wont even matter and more acc for drk is better. Also I'd rather use entropy once every 3 WS over being dead or on the edge of death. I have calad and don't even use it which I wish I could and not have to weapon switch or beg my whm for devotion.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2022-08-13 19:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This right here pretty much sums up my comment on the dps loss. The loss is so damn small that it wont even matter and more acc for drk is better. Also I'd rather use entropy once every 3 WS over being dead or on the edge of death. I have calad and don't even use it which I wish I could and not have to weapon switch or beg my whm for devotion.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to skew the argument for Enmity when I already addressed that. We agree if enmity is an issue, use Schere. If enmity is not an issue, you are losing DPS by using Entropy, a shitty WS. It's not that complex, but it seems like you are saying you still use it regardless. The DPS loss isn't from the choice of earring in and of itself, it's from having to Entropy instead of Cross Reaper etc. to get MP back for your spell usage.

As far as the other guy's comment, Refresh 2 isn't going to do much to stop any of that. It's great to keep Schere Earring ticking if you need the Enmity removal, as even 1 MP does it, but it's not enough to give you extra MP to cast with. You still have to Entropy, which is fine if you need the Enmity removal, but a waste of DPS if you don't. This also assumes you have a RDM in your party, which I almost never do. Sometimes we bring one to Dynamis, but they usually aren't in the DD party.

I'm also not understanding the comment about ACC. I am ACC capped in pretty much every situation I bring DRK to as I always have BRD buffer and HM is insane. In a situation where I am not capped, I am not just 15acc short, so I have to swap gear around regardless, and while the earring slot is definitely one of the first places I look, it alone isn't gonna solve the problem.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-14 14:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really sure what trash mobs you're fighting that you are "on the edge of death"... hello Dread Spikes? Just lol. Brutal is 5% DA, Schere is 6% DA. Mind boggling you think 1% less DA is going to hurt your DPS more than having to do garbage Entropy's to get back MP.

Bottomline: If you need your mp, Schere will HURT your dps. If you don't, it won't.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to skew the argument for Enmity when I already addressed that. We agree if enmity is an issue, use Schere. If enmity is not an issue, you are losing DPS by using Entropy, a shitty WS. It's not that complex, but it seems like you are saying you still use it regardless. The DPS loss isn't from the choice of earring in and of itself, it's from having to Entropy instead of Cross Reaper etc. to get MP back for your spell usage.

At least someone gets it...
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-08-14 15:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In a zerg, you will pre buff and not need mp.... and hate there is always an issue so the safety the -enm provides will probably translate to better dps since a dead DD does no damage.

In a running around event such as dyna D and ody you can just idle in some refresh gear and before you start hitting use your drain3 (hard to burst in these events), abs, dread spikes. That is what I do to kill idle time anyhow so I am not casting when I should be fighting.

people are acting like Entropy does no damagae too, it is a decent ws compared to others at 1k. If you are a solo dd too it can be part of your 5 step and keep you topped out, and if you are ws spamming, just use it when the mob has enough hp you want to ws, but nearly any ws would do. Remember if you would do a 50k CR on a mob, and it only has 10k hp, that entropy would have killed it too and left you with mp.

The cool thing is each individual person can decide to use it or not. I personally will keep using it on scythe full time.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-14 15:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt even have to be a 5 step, just closing on a 2 step can close much of the DPS gap, but its an ugly INT mod and the ftp on it isnt amazing so it must be the worst thing to ever be used.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-14 17:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really sure what trash mobs you're fighting that you are "on the edge of death"... hello Dread Spikes? Just lol. Brutal is 5% DA, Schere is 6% DA. Mind boggling you think 1% less DA is going to hurt your DPS more than having to do garbage Entropy's to get back MP.

Bottomline: If you need your mp, Schere will HURT your dps. If you don't, it won't.

At least someone gets it...
Jesus christ do people legit take everything serious it was more so a joke (edge of death part)than anything holy ***lol. You and Sam gotta be either the best drks the game has ever seen or just slow. First and for most Brutal is 5%DA like you said and Schere is 6% with 15 acc 10 attack 5 STR so not just 1 more DPS. IF you think your dps is gonna drop so much because of entropy every lets say 5 or 6 im sure its more than that then you aren't good to begin with. The earring is legit on to gain aftermath for Lib then its off. (Something you missed clearly). Mind boggling you don't know the stats of an earring you say only advantage is 1DA%. Just lol. You pre-Buff anyway before fights so why in gods name would you even need mana after that? Time you need to cast again you can 1 entropy by which point you should be on AM anyway or having to refresh it.
Bottomline: IF you wanna wear it wear it if not then don't but dont make it seem like its a 40% DPS drop because of 1 entropy every 3 mins to get you back up if you even need it.
By SimonSes 2022-08-14 17:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
people are acting like Entropy does no damagae too, it is a decent ws compared to others at 1k.

Entropy average numbers are actually pretty good, especially at higher TP and with capped attack set with 53%PDL. Anguta can also really take advantage of Entropy's SC properties, Redemption with AM3 likes holding TP and Liberator's AM3 is pretty nice for Entropy.

Scythe is not dagger, the split between weapon's base damage and WSC is much more balanced.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-14 17:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bottomline: IF you wanna wear it wear it if not then don't but dont make it seem like its a 40% DPS drop because of 1 entropy every 3 mins to get you back up if you even need it.

1 Entropy every 6 WS with Liberator AM3 (Samurai roll and holding TP to like 1750) is more like once ever 35~40 sec if you fight same mob. That being said raw dps loss from that would be around 5%. If you make skillchain thanks to Entropy, it would be a dps gain.
[+]
 Bahamut.Braams
user: Khronos
By Bahamut.Braams 2022-08-14 17:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a room the both of you. '-')
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-14 19:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
1 Entropy every 6 WS with Liberator AM3 (Samurai roll and holding TP to like 1750) is more like once ever 35~40 sec if you fight same mob. That being said raw dps loss from that would be around 5%. If you make skillchain thanks to Entropy, it would be a dps gain.

So CP mobs... I already said IF you happen to be self-skillchaining great. In what content are mobs regularly living long enough? They don't survive my Cross Reapers. Odyssey farming? Nope. Dynamis? Nope. Omen? LOL, Nope. Good luck in the Savage Blade spam meta. Better off popping an Insurgency off them than self skillchaining. Nah, Schere ain't worth it. If you're a DRK that doesn't regularly use his/her MP than carry on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-14 19:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

First and for most Brutal is 5%DA like you said and Schere is 6% with 15 acc 10 attack 5 STR so not just 1 more DPS.

Don't forget the extra Store TP on Brutal. Which is way more useful when your Accuracy and Attack capped, like you should be on anything that matters. But apparently you did forget cause it doesn't help your case...
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-14 19:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Schere is a sexy earring for SAM, WAR, and MNK... It's a blood sucking mp *** on DRK. Having to work around getting aftermath up is already annoying. Having to add Entropy mp refills, yes at the expense of dps in most cases, is too much. It's your $15 bucks, wear whatever gear you want.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-14 21:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

First and for most Brutal is 5%DA like you said and Schere is 6% with 15 acc 10 attack 5 STR so not just 1 more DPS.

Don't forget the extra Store TP on Brutal. Which is way more useful when your Accuracy and Attack capped, like you should be on anything that matters. But apparently you did case it doesn't help your case...
My god All I gotta say is have a good day guy. Ill waste my 15 and still parse better than you which im fine with.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-14 21:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to block the guy rather watch paint dry than have a convo with a guy who is always casting on drk in middle of fights and can't maintain AM. Also yes Simon I get that 6 was just me pulling a number out for the convo I can make it to 3k tp before I care about the mana loss. Like its on for that then in AM set its off. End of the day use it if you want other wise don't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-14 22:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Blocked for having a discussion on the merits of an earring, huh? By all means, please ignore my posts, you have no idea what you are talking about. The emo is alive and well in these DRK forums LMAO.
By SimonSes 2022-08-15 03:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So CP mobs... I already said IF you happen to be self-skillchaining great. In what content are mobs regularly living long enough? They don't survive my Cross Reapers. Odyssey farming? Nope. Dynamis? Nope. Omen? LOL, Nope. Good luck in the Savage Blade spam meta. Better off popping an Insurgency off them than self skillchaining. Nah, Schere ain't worth it. If you're a DRK that doesn't regularly use his/her MP than carry on.

It really depends. You said cross reaper? What weapon are you using? Redemption? Anguta?

With both of those weapons you should be able to kill trash mob with Entropy, by just adding one more attack round. That's assuming all the new gear and assuming you can cap attack which might be a problem I guess. I haven't used DRK in segments for a long time. I have no idea how high we can push attack in there now. You would need like 10000 attack on floor 4 probably if none is doing def down on them. Well set that requires like 8700 attack on floor 4 can do 3k damage less I guess, so not that bad too. Maybe you would need to make 2 more rounds then with Entropy I guess. You can also just Entropy something that's already wounded by someone else, then you would kill it anyway.

Overall I don't feel that it would be impossible to only lose marginal DPS to use Entropy.

That being said I don't see much value in Schere on stuff that die from one WS cycle. DPS over brutal in tp set is almost non existent and indeed it's probably not worth to use in something like Segment s. It's more of an earring that should be used against NMs, assuming you don't have soul voice Dirge.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-15 07:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends. You said cross reaper? What weapon are you using? Redemption? Anguta?

With both of those weapons you should be able to kill trash mob with Entropy, by just adding one more attack round. That's assuming all the new gear and assuming you can cap attack which might be a problem I guess. I haven't used DRK in segments for a long time. I have no idea how high we can push attack in there now. You would need like 10000 attack on floor 4 probably if none is doing def down on them. Well set that requires like 8700 attack on floor 4 can do 3k damage less I guess, so not that bad too. Maybe you would need to make 2 more rounds then with Entropy I guess. You can also just Entropy something that's already wounded by someone else, then you would kill it anyway.

Overall I don't feel that it would be impossible to only lose marginal DPS to use Entropy.

That being said I don't see much value in Schere on stuff that die from one WS cycle. DPS over brutal in tp set is almost non existent and indeed it's probably not worth to use in something like Segment s. It's more of an earring that should be used against NMs, assuming you don't have soul voice Dirge.
Agreed with most of this again the good thing about the guides is you use them as a reference but still wanna make sure you understand how the job works and see what you can get away. I'm not gonna notice the small drop off in dps because I'm using this earring or brutal. I've mostly moved to just straight Caladbolg now anyway which I don't use it for that anyway.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-18 03:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the near earring looks nice...
First run in Sortie and this dropped... to someone else who doesn't have drk.. /cry

And as a reminder, the L.Ear is mistranslated. It's really R.Ear.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-18 05:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It dropped from old case+1? And old case +1 dropped from?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-18 09:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Well, the near earring looks nice...
First run in Sortie and this dropped... to someone else who doesn't have drk.. /cry

And as a reminder, the L.Ear is mistranslated. It's really R.Ear.

So basically an Entropy & Insurgency earring.

The first two augments appear to be similar to the +2 earring from the main Sortie thread. So likely 2 base stats, 2 ancillary stats, and one specialized stat.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-18 09:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

and a damn perfect Catastrophe Earring, not to mention likely a top-2 absorb spell choice. Finding more than 10macc on an earring ain't easy^^.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 53 54 55