2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 53 54 55
By tallica 2022-02-21 10:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep seeing different sets for insurgency. Is it nyame if uncapped switched to sakpata if capped? Sakpata all time? Appreciate any help.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-02-21 16:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is odd, I was looking to compare the duration for Endark II & Dread Spikes with NQ & HQ Ratri Feet, but neither of them are extending it past the base 3 minutes. It works for Absorbs (for me it's little over 6 minutes with, under 6 minutes without) and likely Drain III, but not for these spells. Is it the same for everyone else?
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-21 16:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
This is odd, I was looking to compare the duration for Endark II & Dread Spikes with NQ & HQ Ratri Feet, but neither of them are extending it past the base 3 minutes. It works for Absorbs (for me it's little over 6 minutes with, under 6 minutes without) and likely Drain III, but not for these spells. Is it the same for everyone else?
How are you testing? Should be 3 minutes 45 seconds with HQ feet and 3 minute 36 seconds with NQ.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-02-21 16:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
How are you testing? Should be 3 minutes 45 seconds with HQ feet and 3 minute 36 seconds with NQ.

By casting the spell with the gear equipped. Maybe my Windower timers are giving me false information. Let me check again.

Edit: Oh I see, yeah the timers aren't giving the proper seconds, but the in-game timers are. My bad, lol.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-21 16:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe my Windower timers are giving me false information.
This is very possible, away from pc and can not test at the moment.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-02-21 16:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe my Windower timers are giving me false information.
This is very possible, away from pc and can not test at the moment.

Yeah it's me relying too heavy on the windower timers. I just have to remember that Endark isn't wearing for another 45 seconds after it appears to wear on the timers I usually look at, lol.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-02-21 17:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

On something completely different, what do we think of an augmented Gazu Bracelets +1? With over 100 accuracy and 15 haste on one piece, it opens up possibilities.

The only downfall is not being great defensively, so you probably wouldn't use it in a hybrid DT-TP set, but it's really good for other things. I don't have Nyame or Sakpata augmented, so I don't know how that would change its usefulness.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-21 17:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If for some reason you needed that crazy amount of accuracy sure, but there is no content right now where it is needed unless you do not have any support or something.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-02-21 17:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If for some reason you needed that crazy amount of accuracy sure, but there is no content right now where it is needed unless you do not have any support or something.

I've asked this before and got mixed answers. I was told that even with 1220-1230 accuracy (before any buffs) you wouldn't be capped on everything in wave 3 Dyna-D, notably THF & DNC mobs. What is the ball park people usually aim for?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-21 17:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to give a number pre-buff has it really depends what buffs you are using.

I think 1700 total accuracy is enough for Su5 PUP, DNC and THF. Of course Distract III lower this to ~1570 I think?

Marcato HM 87 accuracy
Blade Madrigal 114 accuracy
Not sure what other group use for buffs but don't normally have any other accuracy buffs.

Edit: Food Of course can also be anywhere from 80-100 accuracy

I normally swap to higher accuracy sets for Su5 THF, DNC, PUPs
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-02-21 17:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to give a number pre-buff has it really depends what buffs you are using.

I think 1700 total accuracy is enough for Su5 PUP, DNC and THF. Of course Distract III lower this to ~1570 I think?

Marcato HM 87 accuracy
Blade Madrigal 114 accuracy
Not sure what other group use for buffs but don't normally have any other accuracy buffs.

Edit: Food Of course can also be anywhere from 80-100 accuracy

Yeah, I like to use Omelette Sandwich these days for the extra defense, in case something turns and skillchains me. I'm also weary about buffs and debuffs not always being applied. In a perfect world they would be on 100% of the time, but I'd rather be slightly over than under.

From your values and my sandwich, that's 80+87+114 = 281
Add my Endark II, which is another 20, so 301. That's just enough to get a 1.2k TP set in to the 1.5k range. You could add Absorb-ACC and DEX on top of that, but I'd rather not factor them in because they might not always be up.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-21 17:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can of course use more accuracy buffs/Eva debuffs. This is just what my group normally use today. If I was working with a newer group I would add another buff in there.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-02-21 17:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't feel like using the bracelets is hurting, it gives me options to use anything I like in other slots. Never know what's going to happen, but none of my sets are over 1250, as anything over that feels like a waste. DRK never lacks in raw attack, it has always been an accuracy game. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Edit: To update anyone using Apocalypse, you really shouldn't be using bracelets because it's so easy to reach decent accuracy without. It's more for Caladbolg, Liberator and Redemption users, but it depends what you have, your buffs, and what you're fighting.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-02-22 01:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

the people giving 1220-1230 accuracy as a target for wave3 Dyna-D are assuming several things in the buffs that come after that number:

1. +7 or higher songs (gjallarhorn+HQ neck) at a minimum.
2. Typical Song array of Honor March+at least 1 madrigal, sometimes 2 (THF,DNC,NIN,PUP NMs come to mind).
3. RDM landing Distract III.
4. Food with at least +80 accuracy.

If you have alterations in those assumptions, 1225 acc isn't gonna cut it. Now, those above conditions are something I just have always had running Dyna-D, in particular the good RDM who can land ***. And when using Redemption, I am definitely sitting in that range pre-buffs, and I never even have to ask when Distract 3 has landed on those aforementioned mobs- you can *** feel it.

-If you prefer to use meat, you'll need to make that acc up.
-If your BRD is not altering songs between wave 2 and wave 3, you'll need to make that up.
-If you either don't bring a RDM, or a newish one who doesn't yet have the gear to land enfeebs- guess what, you'll need to make that up.

Ways to make it up that aren't those bracelets (I love 'em on my BLM and GEO dd sets, btw. They are good, they're just an emergency type piece for a real DD), and aren't listed above in 'assumptions':

-using a higher base acc weapon (no empyrean, basically). Apoc, the Su5, and Liberator are all easier to build acc sets for than Caladbolg or Redemption.

-Ioskeha+1 over Sailfi+1
-double chirich+1 rings over Niqmaddu or other damage-based choices. If using AF+3 legs (hint: you should be), Regal Ring for set bonus is a wonderful compromise between a full acc ring and a damage ring.
-alter an Ambuscade cape for TPing (if its not already set up for acc)
-augmenting some of the A1/A2 drops from Odyssey we use, mostly Schere Earring. That thing gets some serious acc on it if you take the time.

EDIT: I saw food talk a little above just now. If you're liking Omelette Sammiches for its combo of ACC and defense, check out Seafood Gratin. No +enmity, and while no defense you do gain substantial magic evasion and evasion. That MEVA helps at all times, and I do notice the evasion helps even us for W1/W2.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Rehmii
Server: Phoenix
user: rehmii
By Phoenix.Rehmii 2022-05-02 22:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

On the Endark & Absorb sets, wouldn't the Abyssal Earring be better than Dark Earring?
(5 vs 3 Dark magic skill)
(2 vs 0 INT)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2022-05-02 23:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it is but it means giving up suppanomimi which is what 99% of the player base chooses from divine might
[+]
By IGDC 2022-05-03 05:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the release of Eabani, I've gotten rid of Suppa
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-03 11:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
Since the release of Eabani, I've gotten rid of Suppa
A number of jobs will still use Suppa when not at capped magic haste and others will use it with 6DW body/gloves.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-05-03 14:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That and the question was posed a few pages back and the answer is proibably still the same though ML may change it eventually. There was no extra tier for endark making them equal. As for abs you would generally use a better macc earring. So until the 2 extra skill become relevant for endark there is no point. Even then you will want suppa.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-08 20:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone use Shadow of Death and what kind of numbers does it put out with good sets? I assume it's in the cloud splitter/primal rend area, not the leaden/trueflight.
By Nariont 2022-07-08 21:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not leaden/tf level but its on the high end as far as single target magic WS' go, though the competition there isnt very high discounting croc rdms potential
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-09 06:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i looked at the FTP scaling and went, I've seen this before. But then I remembered why it wasn't going to be close. That is still pretty cool.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-07-19 00:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How is Sroda stacking up with utu grip for main drk ws? I havent looked into it and also have yet to see anything mathy about it, but I assume it has been done?
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-19 03:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
How is Sroda stacking up with utu grip for main drk ws? I havent looked into it and also have yet to see anything mathy about it, but I assume it has been done?

The ring only gives +10 attack per trusts. Not sure how to do XI math, but hopefully that helps?

Personally, the -20 dex just looks totally unappealing to me. We have enough acc issues as it is :D
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-19 06:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »

At capped attacks it's Bis ring for almost any relevant WS including even Torcleaver.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-07-24 22:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated the OP, I have not really been playing so thing may be way off for now. Please keep opinions relevant and polite. I will be updating off and on as I start to play again. I have added a ton more sets as request have come in over the months I have been MIA.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-07-25 05:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be concerned about the loss of DEX on Sroda Ring personally. It could be minor in the grand scheme of things but in most situations I don't see it moving the needle. Still think Sroda Ring is better for One-Handers than for DRK.
By SimonSes 2022-07-25 05:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
I would be concerned about the loss of DEX on Sroda Ring personally. It could be minor in the grand scheme of things but in most situations I don't see it moving the needle. Still think Sroda Ring is better for One-Handers than for DRK.

Why? Both have 75% dex to accuracy bonus and 1h has higher hit rate cap, so need more accuracy than 2h. Are you talking about utu grip? 20 dex is only 2 base damage. 15STR is 3-4 base damage from fSTR and 3%pdl beats almost anything in ring slot. It's marginal gain for Torcleaver, but huge gain for anything with STR WSC, like most scythe WSs and Resolution/Shockwave/Scourge.
 Bahamut.Braams
Server: Bahamut
user: Khronos
By Bahamut.Braams 2022-07-25 06:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I was referring to Utu Grip. Just my opinion.

One-Handers/Dual Wield users can also afford to lose more Dexterity due to Main Hand Accuracy cap being 99%, and not 95% like Two-Handers.

In terms of Scythe WS:
Cross Reaper may gain more with the STR+20 but I would argue that Insurgency and other Scythe weaponskills are not gaining that much due to lower STR WSC values.

Also, +10 Attack per trust which would likely not be a standard party much less an alliance situation isn't doing much either. Again, just my opinion.

On a side note:
I do like what you did with the front page Aza. :)
By SimonSes 2022-07-25 07:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Braams said: »
One-Handers/Dual Wield users can also afford to lose more Dexterity due to Main Hand Accuracy cap being 99%, and not 95% like Two-Handers.

This doesnt make sense :|

If you have higher cap, you need more accuracy to hit that cap, meaning you can afford to lose more with 2h, not 1h.

2h weapons also has much higher fSTR cap, so it's very unlikely you wont benefit with additional STR to raise that value.

Bahamut.Braams said: »
Cross Reaper may gain more with the STR+20 but I would argue that Insurgency and other Scythe weaponskills are not gaining that much due to lower STR WSC values.

Its +15 STR, not +20. 15 STR alone is strong, but you also or mainly have 3%PDL there. Because of that, you shouldn't use that ring for uncapped attack, unless with 5 trusts or something.

Insurgency has maybe low STR WSC, but it has lots of additional hits that wont benefit from WSD. Its easily the best ring for Insurgency.

One more pros of this ring is it's consistancy, since both PDL and STR aren't proc based.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 53 54 55