New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 53 54 55
By aisukage 2018-10-21 08:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
Relic Legs+3 always better than Ratri+1?

Fall. Flanchard +3
DEF:150 HP+97 MP+45 STR+45 VIT+31 AGI+26 INT+40 MND+27 CHR+20 Accuracy+39 Attack+64 Magic Accuracy+39 Evasion+42 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 Dark magic skill +18 Weapon skill damage +10% Haste+5%
LV 99 DRK

Ratri Cuisses +1
DEF:148 HP+521 STR+52 VIT+21 AGI+19 INT+37 MND+19 CHR+15 Magic Accuracy+46 Evasion+59 Magic Evasion+139 Scythe skill +55 Haste+5% "Store TP"+10 Weapon skill damage +9% Damage taken +12%
LV 99 DRK

Maybe its too close to matter, but that stp10 with a high scaling WS like Insurgency seems like it would pull them ahead.

I would agree. Not just the STP+10 you gain more accuracy but lose a bit of attack. Lose a small amount of INT for the MOD but gain more STR (7) than you lose INT (3) and STR will also make up for some of that atk you lose. Overall ratri should push you slightly ahead. Only issue i have with it is if you get caught out while you WS. It's gonna hurt
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-21 09:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arnan said: »
Why do most of the liberator AM3 sets posted on the last few pages use so much double attack? you all realise its decreasing your chances of a triple attack (OA3) from AM3 right?
More store TP will add more TP bonus, Insurgency scales well with TP as does most scythe WS so extra STP is always good even if it takes you over your hit build

That's not how MA works, +DA will always be a damage increase (outside of very specific non-DRK related situations) regardless of AM up or down. The question is ~how~ much of a damage increase, the more MA you have the less each additional amount adds to total DPS. DRK isn't pushing over ~1.8 for average attacks per round so +DA is going to be useful.

Relic Legs+3 always better than Ratri+1?

Fall. Flanchard +3
DEF:150 HP+97 MP+45 STR+45 VIT+31 AGI+26 INT+40 MND+27 CHR+20 Accuracy+39 Attack+64 Magic Accuracy+39 Evasion+42 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 Dark magic skill +18 Weapon skill damage +10% Haste+5%
LV 99 DRK

Ratri Cuisses +1
DEF:148 HP+521 STR+52 VIT+21 AGI+19 INT+37 MND+19 CHR+15 Magic Accuracy+46 Evasion+59 Magic Evasion+139 Scythe skill +55 Haste+5% "Store TP"+10 Weapon skill damage +9% Damage taken +12%
LV 99 DRK

Maybe its too close to matter, but that stp10 with a high scaling WS like Insurgency seems like it would pull them ahead.

Ratri +1 should be better in total damage for Scythe WS's but for GS I'd stick with Flanchard +3. DRK's crazy WSD just got super useful on Reso and Insurgency / CR so DRK actually has a ton of good options now.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-10-21 13:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you guys doing for hybrid sets?

I was kind of entertaining this option for the max HP if drain 3 is down. There are probably better options out there. Keeping capped haste with certain pieces is the lame part.

Quote:
{
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head="Ratri Sallet +1",
body="Sulevia's Plate. +2",
hands="Sulev. Gauntlets +2",
legs="Sulev. Cuisses +2",
feet={ name="Carmine Greaves +1", augments={'HP+80','MP+80','Phys. dmg. taken -4',}},
neck="Loricate Torque +1",
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Odnowa Earring",
right_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
left_ring="Defending Ring",
right_ring="Vocane Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

The Ratri Head probably isn't even worth it.

Regarding how damage reduction is calculated. I'm aware of how it works with normal -PDT/-DT/Etc.

But how is +DT factored in?

This game can be kind of gimmicky.

Is -DT and +DT Cumulative or separate in the damage formula? I know it isn't shown on BG. I was just wondering if it was something that wasn't added since there aren't too many +Damage pieces of gear out there besides DRK stuff, a necklace, and some other random pieces of gear.

Quote:
Monster Average pDIF is proportional to upon Monster Attack ÷ Player Defense, and Enemy Critical Hit Rate.
Formula 1: Uncorrected Damage = (Monster Base Damage + Monster fSTR)×(Monster Average pDIF)
Formula 2: Corrected Damage = Uncorrected Damage × (100% -% Physical Damage Taken -% Damage Taken)
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-11-04 23:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I started updating the sets, please critique - I will slowly be adding/modifying over the next week. Starting with scythe & utility first, then GS last.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-11-05 10:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I started updating the sets, please critique - I will slowly be adding/modifying over the next week. Starting with scythe & utility first, then GS last.

Might be slightly worth it to note what 'required' augments are needed on some builds. Specially with the back pieces since its hard to tell at a quick glance if you put in a STP or DA back in that set.
[+]
By volkom 2018-11-05 14:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

for the posted scourge/torcleaver builds wouldn't Epaminondas's Ring be detrimental for maintaining 5/6hit builds ~ unless this would be a high buff scenarios?
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-05 14:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
for the posted scourge/torcleaver builds wouldn't Epaminondas's Ring be detrimental for maintaining 5/6hit builds ~ unless this would be a high buff scenarios?

Its pretty hard to make a guide because of slight factors like the one you mentioned. RNG augments and DM luck can all play into it.

Karieyh Ring +1 however is available to all and is very strong now after the wsdmg buff.
By volkom 2018-11-05 14:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Its pretty hard to make a guide because of slight factors like the one you mentioned. RNG augments and DM luck can all play into it.

Karieyh Ring +1 however is available to all and is very strong now after the wsdmg buff.
right. ~ guess like humpo said notes on augments would be handy.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-11-05 18:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

unless I messed up, the stp handled in the tp sets should be enough to account for your tp return on ws including the ring. I will not add the Karieyh Ring +1 though as most people playing will have chosen another one.

The cape issue is that I dont want a repeat on every set having to detail capes; I may make one blank statement at the start though to clarify, but it should be blindingly obvious when a stp cape is needed in the builds, normally only used to obtain a very low xhit where every slott used is highest stp available.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-11-06 09:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

unless I messed up, the stp handled in the tp sets should be enough to account for your tp return on ws including the ring. I will not add the Karieyh Ring +1 though as most people playing will have chosen another one.

The cape issue is that I dont want a repeat on every set having to detail capes; I may make one blank statement at the start though to clarify, but it should be blindingly obvious when a stp cape is needed in the builds, normally only used to obtain a very low xhit where every slott used is highest stp available.

I'd like to agree with you on that one, but if life has ever taught me anything, its that nothing is never blindingly obvious to everyone.

While I fully know which capes go where from experience, some people might not. The only really blindingly obvious stats to me would be the main stat and acc/att. Beyond that, I'd probably bust out the calculator to figure out if you'd need the STP on an augment or not.

Like I said thought, don't need all the stats. If the build requires a +10stp on back, or +7 on val mail, just state that. And if it doesn't require it, don't list anything.
 Asura.Misakune
user: shaociang
By Asura.Misakune 2018-11-12 23:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For the TP and WS sets that use Epaminoda/JSE Neck..if I don't have those, would it be best to replace with Regal Ring and Fotia/Lissome?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-11-12 23:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Misakune said: »
For the TP and WS sets that use Epaminoda/JSE Neck..if I don't have those, would it be best to replace with Regal Ring and Fotia/Lissome?

yes basically. Though depending on your sets you may have an issue with certain ones having the required stp dropping from abyssal+2 to lissome because you lose 3 stp, a better change may end up being ainia in those cases which id bust out ffxicalc for to just be sure.
By elliondrk 2018-11-16 13:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Potentially dumb question, but I'm curious:

Would capped Abyssal Beads +2 be good on Torcleaver, or does Fotia still pull ahead? I haven't had a lot of time to test it myself lately.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-16 15:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Beads+2 looks to win in every situation.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-16 15:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack Cap +10% effectively is +10% extra damage, assuming you can hit cap. Out of all the DD jobs DRK has the least issues with attack, if anything SE needs to stop giving DRK more attack and give it something else like accuracy, store TP, multi-attack or crit rate.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-16 15:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Attack Cap +10% effectively is +10% extra damage, assuming you can hit cap. Out of all the DD jobs DRK has the least issues with attack, if anything SE needs to stop giving DRK more attack and give it something else like accuracy, store TP, multi-attack or crit rate.

Kinda like Abyss Beads? :p
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-16 16:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Kinda like Abyss Beads? :p

The crit was kind of a troll move, I was hoping for Store TP and / or VIT since that would benefit Calad / Torc. Single hit WS's suck to do x-hit builds around.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-16 17:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, that neck gets STP anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-16 18:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah was confusing it's stat with a different one. Still needs VIT though.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-11-28 23:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I have been playing around with infernal scythe lately just becuase and wanted to kind of make myself a rule for gearing decisions, so I thought I would share my findings. Maybe someone can test against them to see if we are getting the same idea. I occasionally will use it in dyna and self farming in omen.

I tested on the classic eron bunnies.
(-archon -10mab 5814)
-10 mab: 6040
Base: 6313
Ishvara (2wd): 6408
Hecate's (6 mab): 6477

We can see that my base set did 6313.
-10 MAB was 273 less, or roughly 27 dmg per mab.
next, hecates was 6477 which is 164 more or about 23/mab more.

next I wanted to get a value for wsd, with earring (lowest amount) I was able to get 95 dmg or basically 47~48 dmg per wsd.

with this can we draw a semi basic rule of thumb that;
2 mab >= 1 wsd, until high mab levels at which point 1 wsd > 2 mab.

I don't have much gear atm for mab on drk due to gil constraits atm, however I have updated the set on the front page. Welcome to advice if you have the gear and can back up some findings for BiS pieces.
By volkom 2018-11-29 10:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

would the macc from ignominy sollerets +3 help with landing the attack down debuff or am i wrong in assuming that?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-11-29 11:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit confused. Maybe because your trying to set a rule on which gear to use based on level content, but it seems pretty clear to me to just throw as much MAcc, MAB, WSD (and Darkness Affinity) as possible. Wherever you can't get one stat you throw another.

By the way Azagarth, your East Ronfaure numbers seem fine to me. This reminds me, I should put my Infernal Scythe build in my Item sets.

Edit: This is my Infernal Scythe build, it's incomplete but it gives pretty solid numbers on anything below Content Level 135. Anything higher than that I can't attest to.
ItemSet 363365
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-12-02 01:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to have a spreadsheet for drk out yet? Love to see caladbolg sets and what not.
 Asura.Pilipinoboi
By Asura.Pilipinoboi 2018-12-12 17:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Everyone,

Recently just got my Dagon Breastplate off of Kin and I've noticed that there's currently no set in either guide that builds around the body piece when you do -eventually- get it.

Here is my current set focused on Subtle Blow:

ItemSet 363717

Accuracy: 1184, Attack: 2008 in Bastok Mines. No JA/Food/Buffs.

Subtle Blow: 25, Subtle Blow II: 15 (Can Stack together) and paired with WHM Auspice, we will cap the trait.

Haste was a little harder to come around so I decided to go over the actual gear haste cap by putting +10% on Ankou's.

Hope this helps - anyone else that would like to make suggestions on how to improve it is welcome to do so! :)

*EDIT*

Forgot to mention, this is a 6-hit build from 0-100 and 5-hit after WS on Caladbolg.
[+]
By Taint 2018-12-12 18:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that build isn’t really ideal. 10% haste on mantle is a big no go. You give up da10 or 10atp to gain not much swapping in dagon. Ex valorous 3haste 3stp 7da.

Maybe use it for a capped haste build?

ItemSet 363706
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-12-12 19:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to be build a TP set around Dagon after I got mines a while ago and I've noticed that it's not worth the lost of DPS from sacrificing other BiS pieces. I also had the haste issue problem but I would never put haste on the back like Taint already mentioned. It's not worth the missing STP or DA you would have on it otherwise.
 Asura.Pilipinoboi
By Asura.Pilipinoboi 2018-12-12 20:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My initial post must have been misunderstood. The stated set I had above is to focus on Subtle Blow meaning, in situations you need to use the set. I.E. you're tanking or trying to solo a TP spammy mob etc. A situational set much like the fast cast or enmity set (which no one really uses.)

The haste on the back is only on there to maintain hitting the 25% equipment haste and maintaining capped Subtle Blow. Otherwise, I stick to my DA 10 TP in most my TP sets for DRK. Do we not build multiple ambuscade capes? I easily have 5 Ankou's now, so again, the only purpose of the Haste back is to go hand in hand with those who might possibly want to play around Dagon and focusing on it's only purpose of Subtle Blow.

Dagon has no other purpose and quite useless otherwise. People do get it and want to build around it, so I decided to make a set that might be a benchmark to start off with.

Valorous/Emicho +1/Ignominy +3 (High Acc Sets) stand BiS depending on *situation and mob*

I hope to have cleared that up. :)
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-12-12 20:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah gotcha. I’ve never considered such a set to be honest. But I like how you think outside the box.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-12-12 22:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

While its nice to see the outside-the-box thinking I can't see a place where I would honestly use a SB set over say a hybrid/dt set. Generally if tp moves are so dangerous your wanting to decrease the frequency, you probably also are worried that you would die to them in a non DT centered set anyhow. Thus you wouldn't be able to use a SB set anyhow.

Asura.Pilipinoboi said: »
enmity set (which no one really uses.)

I understand this issue, and think its horrible. That enm set is not anywhere near BiS but I tried to add just enough free-ish type gear to give a very solid +enm stat so any drk could get it with very minimal (if at all) effort. Stun creates a very high hate burst, and at this point in the game there is enough reason thats important (Kin, Ou for target is normally enough to warrant a look at it).

Not to mention that drk can tank reliably well nowadays with its full time 4k+ hp on basically any content, very high dps hybrid and pure -dt sets, and with Apoc costing next to nothing nowadays makes drk a very solid backup tank who need a hate grabbing tool/set for it. I do agree this is a very niche set, but is useful on most content we do as a drk - whereas a SB set I cant pinpoint one fight I would use it for over a hybrid set....

I could def be wrong though, so if I am correct me! I love niche stuff thats useful :D
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-12 22:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

While its nice to see the outside-the-box thinking I can't see a place where I would honestly use a SB set over say a hybrid/dt set. Generally if tp moves are so dangerous your wanting to decrease the frequency, you probably also are worried that you would die to them in a non DT centered set anyhow. Thus you wouldn't be able to use a SB set anyhow.

If you use react or have fast reflex you can always tp in sb then swap to dt- for tp move then swap back, that way you always get hit in dt- but still has sb.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 53 54 55