High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 10:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Faites said: »
Can someone tell me how to figure out how much Store TP I need for Gungir to get different Set builds etc? (Subbing SAM)

Also, whats haste cap on gear? Is it still 26%?

I've been away for awhile!

I know this is a DRK Post, but no one is active in DRG and this ones getting lots of responses!

Is there an up-to-date Store TP Calculator somewhere I can use for all jobs?

First use bgwiki to lookup your weapons base TP return. Then decide on which X-hit you want to be at, divide the x-hit by 1000 to see the amount of TP per hit, then by your base TP return for the amount of Store TP.

Ex: Ragnarok : 122.36 TP per hit
5 hit = 1000/5 = 200 TP per hit
200/122.36 = 1.63, 64 Store TP needed for "pure" 5-hit.

That's the basic version. Now not all WS's are the same, so you need to find out your WS TP return.

Ex: Resolution 5-hits, 36 Store TP
122.36 + (4 x 10) = 162.36 * 1.36 = 220.80, 220 TP return

Now we might miss a hit on Reso, so lets do that assuming one hit miss's.

122.36 + (3 x 10) = 152.36 * 1.36 = 207.20, 207 TP return

The WS acts as the first "hit" of the x-hit, so 1000 - 207 = 793 TP needed. For a "5 hit" we would need to do that in four hits so 793/4 = 198.25, so 199 TP per hit, 199/122.36 = 1.626, so actually can get away with 63 Store TP.

That WS TP Return can be a PITA for lower X-hits.

Bahamut.Faites said: »
Also, whats haste cap on gear? Is it still 26%?

It's always been 25% and has never changed. To be precise it's 256/1024 for gear haste cap. The problem is that haste listed on gear isn't always accurate. Something that's Haste +5% is actually 51/1024 = 4.98%, Haste +4% = 3.9% and so forth. Haste +25% in gear is usually 24.7% or so, which made a huge impact when the haste cap was over 90%.
By andy1110 2017-07-25 11:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having the 6hits or 5hits question too, at what amount of MAs are a good trade off for 1hit less? what's the math behind it?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-25 12:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arnan said: »
There are other benefits to alot of the gear choices i've made in that set than just multi-attack. I first made the set just for calad to see what results i could get with AM, Those pieces all have very high accuracy and DEX without making much sacrifice.
Standing outside of my mog house atm with no buffs in that set with calad and im 1188 acc, 104+203 DEX. Thats pretty good for low acc set if you ask me, especially on a job that's not as great for accuracy as other DD's. Thats enough accuracy to cap on things like omen bosses with minimal buffs and has enough dDEX to cap on most stuff.
Most of the time i have atleast my COR mule with me and I found sometimes my SAM roll would not put me up from a 5-hit to a 4-hit but with this set you dont need a good SAM roll to go to from a 6-hit to a 5-hit build.
I have a valo head with 8 STP and 21 acc, feet with 25 acc and 7 STP, body with 29 acc and 6 STP and a ody legs with 30 acc and 7 stp but none of those pieces compare in terms of acc or DEX and all but body slot have more STR. TP'ing in Argosy +1 head is out of the question for me.
Like I said I had originaly was just trying out this set for Calad AM3 to see what results I could get with a multi-attack set aiming to cap dDEX with plenty of STR and acc for white damage but i ended up prefering it, TP gain was not noticeably slower than before and in this set i pretty much have the same acc as i used to have in my 5 hit rag set but with calad and that was my aim

Oh ya thats what is great there are so many builds that perform fine for events, in the end a high end 6hit will lose to a high end 5hit but its not the end of the world. If you like your set stay with it, but realize it does under perform. IMO its better to swap calad->rag when acc is needed (60~75 in one slott is huge). I once used a QA set with calad AM was up, but I found no amount of dot was overcoming the weight of ws dmg, my set had 14 QA at the time to give you an idea, and a good chunk of TA/DA....

This set in town is 1150 acc with my augs which have room for improvement. Its also a 5 hit (61stp) and has 43DA 3 QA. With better stp augs (keeping same acc) and 250m I could be at 1183 acc and +2DA more. your set has 51DA 4 TA 5 QA, or +8 DA +4TA +2 QA over mine. I just cant see that being enough as you see our acc is fairly similar too. Plus my set with a 7+ roll turns into a 4hit, which should always happen with cor rolls, would be crazy if your getting sam rolls lower than that.

ItemSet 347333

If your finding you need want to stay in your set because of acc, it might be worth looking at using AG rag. As talked about with Saevel, w/ rag you dont need to maintain 61 stp, instead you can drop down about 11/9stp (higher or less depending on 3/5 or 4/5 as your comfort level allows) if you purely spam reso. If you use scourge/torc more it becomes a bit messier, but I find I will just scourge when at 3k tp using sekka, or not at all - so it doesnt fit my playstyle bc of torc. Worth considering though for some:D

Good set regardless, just wanted to help a bit - hope it doesnt come across to strong.
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-25 12:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

andy1110 said: »
I am having the 6hits or 5hits question too, at what amount of MAs are a good trade off for 1hit less? what's the math behind it?
This is the big thing I also struggle with, stp is dependable 100% improvement on tp gain whereas multi attack is more random/higher risk-reward

I go with the typical approach of parsing myself in various fights/settings and comparing the factors of a) did I myself play it to the hilt of my ability and then b) where do I feel gearwise I can improve?
More often then not stp is a safer static growth of tp gain but when I have a HP-buffed souleater going on I lend more to multi attack. I'm lucky in the sense that my DM Augs have in a 5hit set for both monte+1 and apoc (my primary current weapons) but once I get anguta/cala/lib(/maybe rag) I will sadly need to rework everything. Hopefully by that point relic+2/+3 gear will be coming out and paradigm will shift in my favour
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-25 12:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

God I can't stand those aina/dedition accessories:( I just hate seeing -acc though lol
Aza, where's your max multi hit set and what's your base acc and xhit in it?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-25 12:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
So interesting comparisons I was doing earlier. To get a base 4-hit with Anguta you need 82 Store TP, which is really harsh. The culprit is TP return on WS, CR is only only extra hit so you end up with 206 TP back from it which push's your 250 per swing to needing 265 per swing and Anguta gives 146.07 per swing. I then compared it to a hastily thrown together 5-hit that focus'd on Multi-Attack and the results were shocking, the WS at the same speed. I'm going to do some more number crunching later on, especially with SAM's roll and how that upgrades the two x-hits, but for now it seems a 5-hit focused on Multi-Hit does the same as a 4-hit focused on Store TP.
Let me know how that works out cause having a souleater multi hit set is something is be interested in (make that whm earn it I say!)
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-25 12:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
God I can't stand those aina/dedition accessories:( I just hate seeing -acc though lol
Aza, where's your max multi hit set and what's your base acc and xhit in it?

Its on the front page, I cant remember exact acc, but was around not even 1100, but thats due to low acc on QA augs. Can be over 1100 if you got the gil lol.

Its not a real practical set to use for me, so I dont anymore. Just to low acc. however it will get 4 hit with a +7-11-crooked-sam-roll :D would be very fun to use then, and possibly amazing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 12:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

andy1110 said: »

Ok 10 DA is the same as 10 Store TP for TP gain which is the same as 5 TA. Now all those suffer from diminishing returns and suffer from it separately from each other. Thus the exact X is better then Y will depend on exact setup. Your WS will always happen and is considered the first hit of your build so your really comparing the difference in the last 4/5/6 hits.

This is the off hand way
So a 5 hit is WS +4 vs a 6 hit of WS +5, so 5/4 = 25% faster TP gain from melee hits. 4 hit is WS +3, 5 hit is WS +4, 4/3 = 33% faster TP gain from melee hits.

So you need to determine how much more TP gain that extra Multi-Attack will get you and if it's the same or more then the difference it's a win. Also don't forget SAM's roll which is commonly used. It usually brings you down a hit, unless your already at the very edge of your hit range. That reason is why I tend to favor higher MA builds.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-25 12:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So interesting comparisons I was doing earlier. To get a base 4-hit with Anguta you need 82 Store TP, which is really harsh. The culprit is TP return on WS, CR is only only extra hit so you end up with 206 TP back from it which push's your 250 per swing to needing 265 per swing and Anguta gives 146.07 per swing. I then compared it to a hastily thrown together 5-hit that focus'd on Multi-Attack and the results were shocking, the WS at the same speed. I'm going to do some more number crunching later on, especially with SAM's roll and how that upgrades the two x-hits, but for now it seems a 5-hit focused on Multi-Hit does the same as a 4-hit focused on Store TP.
Let me know how that works out cause having a souleater multi hit set is something is be interested in (make that whm earn it I say!)

umm .... 4-hit with anguta is only 60 stp + anguta. using the ws sets I have posted. Thats not even accounting for extra hits CR and Entropy have, so could technically be less but I play it safe. Not sure where the 82 is coming from?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 12:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I got them nearly dead even without even trying to optimize the Scythe MA build, just using stuff I had on me. Without tweaking I had 5% QA / 6% TA / 50% DA and was still surplus on Store TP. I could easily see myself stuffing another ~15% DA into that if not more QA.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 13:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
umm .... 4-hit with anguta is only 60 stp + anguta. using the ws sets I have posted. Thats not even accounting for extra hits CR and Entropy have, so could technically be less but I play it safe. Not sure where the 82 is coming from?

Anguta has a base TP of 146.07.

250/146.07 = 72 Store TP, yay we all set right... right..

Cross Reaper is 2 hits, so only +10 from that second hit added to base. Plus we WS in WSD gear and not Store TP gear, which limits our TP return even further.

/SAM = 15
Anguta = 10
Ratri Legs = 7

And that's it for our CR set. 32 Store TP total.

146.07 + 10 = 156.07 * 1.32 = 206.01, so 206 return means 794 in three hits. 794/3 = 264.66 or 265 TP from each swing. 265/146.07 = 82 Store TP needed. I had to take off the QA neck to fit in the Store TP neck to make it work, especially since 2 QA < 10 DA.

Now if we were using either Entropy or Insurgency this wouldn't be a big issue as their extra hits make up most of the difference.

Also stop using Store TP values that don't include Weapon or sub, both of those need to be counted.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-25 13:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tangentially related, but do you guys think Paralyze or Curse is a bigger detriment to melee DDs overall? I'm trying to decide which Resist Status Moghancement I want to put in (I'm assuming it's like 3-5% with overwhelming energy).
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-25 13:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Tangentially related, but do you guys think Paralyze or Curse is a bigger detriment to melee DDs overall? I'm trying to decide which Resist Status Moghancement I want to put in (I'm assuming it's like 3-5% with overwhelming energy).
Is this from cheer effects or Google furniture? I craft so having stall I need its moghancement don't I or?

Otherwise I think going for para might be more beneficial since we already have traits for it and its more painful to me seeing myself not act for several rounds over just curse which the hp portion we can passby sometimes with our hpbuff until we get a holy water or cursna in and movement speed we can swap in carmine and lessen it a bit.

I really hate para+amnesia the most
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-25 13:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 351950 this is my current ds/nv-drain3 set, ill probably replace Yorium with Ratri once I make them (phase3 shield currently) not sure I'm willing to keep rolling to max out the niht mantle(8skill 24pot). Really curious what the future updated relic/emp will hold. Yorium is 10macc 7int 7pot (maxed out) btw. Really would like to find a stronger body but its hard to beat carmine. Will be trying to hq that piece to replace. Thinking a DM augged odyssean body with a ton of macc and drain/aspir potency might be good. Whats the highest drain pot DM Aug can give? I got 9 on a val feet but those are useless for it really and had I think 10 on head once ?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-25 14:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anguta has a base TP of 146.07.

250/146.07 = 72 Store TP, yay we all set right... right..

Cross Reaper is 2 hits, so only +10 from that second hit added to base. Plus we WS in WSD gear and not Store TP gear, which limits our TP return even further.

/SAM = 15
Anguta = 10
Ratri Legs = 7

And that's it for our CR set. 32 Store TP total.

146.07 + 10 = 156.07 * 1.32 = 206.01, so 206 return means 794 in three hits. 794/3 = 264.66 or 265 TP from each swing. 265/146.07 = 82 Store TP needed. I had to take off the QA neck to fit in the Store TP neck to make it work, especially since 2 QA < 10 DA.

Now if we were using either Entropy or Insurgency this wouldn't be a big issue as their extra hits make up most of the difference.

Also stop using Store TP values that don't include Weapon or sub, both of those need to be counted.

Ah ok perfect, I though you had ment 82 PLUS anguta and sub and was all wtf. What you mean is 82 - 15 from sub - 10 from weapon = 57 stp needed in gear.

I have never seen anyone really look at stp that way, /sam is normally assumed, and weapons stp also. But, ok I will just have to remember that when reading your math.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 14:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok perfect, I though you had ment 82 PLUS anguta and sub and was all wtf. What you mean is 82 - 15 from sub - 10 from weapon = 57 stp needed in gear.

I have never seen anyone really look at stp that way, /sam is normally assumed, and weapons stp also. But, ok I will just have to remember that when reading your math.

Absolute Store TP is always discussed and has been for over a decade. What happened is somebody wrote a Store TP calculator and they had a check box "sub SAM" and people just checked that box because they had no idea how to calculate out TP requirements.

There is no difference between Store TP from Job Traits, Gear or Buffs. It all needs to be counted, don't drop it just because it makes a number look smaller. I was there for the first X-hit builds among the SAM community, total Store TP was what was discussed. This is because multiple weapons in a category tend to have the same base delay and use similar builds. The 6-hit for Shinsoku was the same for Hagun and any other 450 delay GKT. A weapon with Store TP on it is just another source of equipment Store TP. Another important note is that you might not be /SAM because a viable option is to trade in 15 Store TP for 10 DA because the Store TP is otherwise unneeded. Think Voidwatch DRK/WAR Rag 6-hit.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-07-25 15:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious where all these new ways to word ***in the game just popped up from...."3hit+ws"...none total calcs of STP. Its very odd.

3-4hits aren't that great as you tend to sacrifice in other slots. It can be done and I do have them for funsies, but you're gimping your overall DPS when you could be running a very aggressive 5hit multi build with like DA 55+/other multi. Of course, this is just the opinion of a gimpy DRK on Bismarck ^^
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-25 15:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asuran's only!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 15:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
I'm curious where all these new ways to word ***in the game just popped up from...."3hit+ws"...none total calcs of STP. Its very odd.

Because tunes DPS builds have become more popular but the exact mechanics behind them are still mysteries to people so they say all sorts of weird ***. I had to start deliberately saying "WS +4" when referencing 5-hits because people didn't think the WS counted.

Well Anguta is 528 delay so a 4-hit is the same as a Rag 431 delay 5-hit, this is very similar to the Rag discussions from Voidwatch era when a 5-hit was possible but a 6-hit with high multi-attack did better. Later tonight I'm going to sit down and see what I can come up with, I already see it being better if someone has a Dagon Breastplate and a few other items.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2017-07-25 17:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arnan said: »
There are other benefits to alot of the gear choices i've made in that set than just multi-attack. I first made the set just for calad to see what results i could get with AM, Those pieces all have very high accuracy and DEX without making much sacrifice.
Standing outside of my mog house atm with no buffs in that set with calad and im 1188 acc, 104+203 DEX. Thats pretty good for low acc set if you ask me, especially on a job that's not as great for accuracy as other DD's. Thats enough accuracy to cap on things like omen bosses with minimal buffs and has enough dDEX to cap on most stuff.
Most of the time i have atleast my COR mule with me and I found sometimes my SAM roll would not put me up from a 5-hit to a 4-hit but with this set you dont need a good SAM roll to go to from a 6-hit to a 5-hit build.
I have a valo head with 8 STP and 21 acc, feet with 25 acc and 7 STP, body with 29 acc and 6 STP and a ody legs with 30 acc and 7 stp but none of those pieces compare in terms of acc or DEX and all but body slot have more STR. TP'ing in Argosy +1 head is out of the question for me.
Like I said I had originaly was just trying out this set for Calad AM3 to see what results I could get with a multi-attack set aiming to cap dDEX with plenty of STR and acc for white damage but i ended up prefering it, TP gain was not noticeably slower than before and in this set i pretty much have the same acc as i used to have in my 5 hit rag set but with calad and that was my aim

Oh ya thats what is great there are so many builds that perform fine for events, in the end a high end 6hit will lose to a high end 5hit but its not the end of the world. If you like your set stay with it, but realize it does under perform. IMO its better to swap calad->rag when acc is needed (60~75 in one slott is huge). I once used a QA set with calad AM was up, but I found no amount of dot was overcoming the weight of ws dmg, my set had 14 QA at the time to give you an idea, and a good chunk of TA/DA....

This set in town is 1150 acc with my augs which have room for improvement. Its also a 5 hit (61stp) and has 43DA 3 QA. With better stp augs (keeping same acc) and 250m I could be at 1183 acc and +2DA more. your set has 51DA 4 TA 5 QA, or +8 DA +4TA +2 QA over mine. I just cant see that being enough as you see our acc is fairly similar too. Plus my set with a 7+ roll turns into a 4hit, which should always happen with cor rolls, would be crazy if your getting sam rolls lower than that.

ItemSet 347333

If your finding you need want to stay in your set because of acc, it might be worth looking at using AG rag. As talked about with Saevel, w/ rag you dont need to maintain 61 stp, instead you can drop down about 11/9stp (higher or less depending on 3/5 or 4/5 as your comfort level allows) if you purely spam reso. If you use scourge/torc more it becomes a bit messier, but I find I will just scourge when at 3k tp using sekka, or not at all - so it doesnt fit my playstyle bc of torc. Worth considering though for some:D

Good set regardless, just wanted to help a bit - hope it doesnt come across to strong.

Im really not prepaired to TP in Argosy pieces, if it had magic evasion then it would be great but it does not. Keeping emicho +1 body/hands (i really dont see anything else being better other than dagan) and not using any -accuracy gear this is what my 5-hit build would look like, 215 tp/hit
ItemSet 352522
7 STP/30 acc on legs, 7 STP/25 acc on feet, STP on mantle
1185 acc, +141 STR, +178 DEX
so if i compare it to my earlier set
ItemSet 348841
1188 acc, +164 STR, +203 DEX
With the multi-attack set im gaining 23% double attack from 3 slots, aswell as the QA from neck and the benefit of yetsila. I'm only gaining 3 accuracy which is less than i expected but gaining 23 STR and 25 DEX, pretty good trade if you ask me.
Your TP set would probably perform better than mine but like I said argosy for tp is out of the question for me and using the gear options that im willing to use a 5 hit and 6 hit are pretty close
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-07-25 17:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asuran's only!

Sadly, I was on Asura for a good amount of time. Played a lot with Psubond/Paps/Tox/Res/Xeth/etc (dont think any of them actually play anymore). SE dumped me there when Fairy closed.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-25 19:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

tp per hit is floored. tp return is floor(146*1.32)+floor(10*1.32) = 205. you still need 82 stp for a four hit, though
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 20:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the Founder's bonus also count for WS's?

Also a 5-hit Anguta build would only require 37 total Store TP or 12 "Gear Store TP" for those who only count 14 slots. CR would be done in 32 total Store TP or 7 "Gear Store TP". That is a crap ton of slots opened up for maximum Multi-Hit. Dagon Breastplate, Sulvia + 2 hands, and other interesting items.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-25 20:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-25 20:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but don't forget the effect is nerfed slightly against NMs, I believe by half
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 21:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but don't forget the effect is nerfed slightly against NMs, I believe by half

Oh really? So instead of a 13% bonus its 6.5%?
By andy1110 2017-07-26 01:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm...I have similar sets as Arnan's, but I aimed for 1200acc for both 5hits and 6hitsMA sets, are those under 1200acc enough for nowadays events? I just moved to asura from pho and doesnt in a LS or with static group, I usually go with PUG for Omen, not every day gets enough good support jobs to back me up, Is the acc below 1200 counted madrigal, honor or fighter roll, idris geo in?
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2017-07-26 01:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

keep in mind once you add endark 2 and hasso those sets go up by 40 acc, making them 1225+
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-26 01:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC Byrth is the one that tested this and for NMs it was either 50%~ or 2/3. I can't find the NM part of it anymore so maybe ask him. Also I'm pretty sure it gets floored.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-26 13:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
IIRC Byrth is the one that tested this and for NMs it was either 50%~ or 2/3. I can't find the NM part of it anymore so maybe ask him. Also I'm pretty sure it gets floored.

Arcane circle provides 15% then you add in the 10%(trait bonus)รท2(founders body) to the 15% floor it and then the NM reduction I think but I honestly am not sure I can't really go digging for the info atm but I thi5nk the testing is linked on the arcane circle page or can be found chasing that rabbit down the hole

With af+3 I don't think founders really worth it now but might be if you have it maxed out

Edit: maybe for tping? If you can fit it into a set that might be good for the annuls damage and decent melee stats
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 53 54 55