Random Politics & Religion #19

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 82 83 84
By Yatenkou 2017-02-20 20:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Warren won't make it beyond 2018.
By fonewear 2017-02-20 20:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't make it to 2018 if this *** keeps going !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-20 20:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
Warren won't make it beyond 2018.
That's all they got left. Well, her and Pelosi.

Frankly, nobody trusts either of them. They have zero candidates to choose from, so they are going all in for Warren.

Like how they went all in for Clinton.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-20 20:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh a Benghazi reference, who didn't see that coming?
By fonewear 2017-02-20 20:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried a woman President and we all agreed we are sexist...so next !
By Yatenkou 2017-02-20 20:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) Warren got *** slapped on the senate floor, and lately her popularity has been sagging.
2.) "I can't work with President Bush" I rest my case on how dangerous Pelosi is.
3.) Keith Ellison is going to kill a lot of popularity if he becomes the chair of the DNC, because the middle but left leaning democrats see him as unfavorable, they'll jump ship fast.
4.)I really don't think we need to worry about fake tears Chuck Schumer after the chief of the NYPD called him out for not shedding 1 tear for 9/11 when he seems so willing to cry for people who aren't even American citizens.
By Yatenkou 2017-02-20 20:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Long story short: Democrats need to pull their head out of their ***. People thought I was crazy when I said a lot of Americans had a sour taste in their mouth with Obama, and now that I was right? Well. Wishing your president to fail is like saying you want the pilot of your airplane to die while you're in it.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-02-20 21:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

king stop staring at my avatar's ***.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Yatenkou 2017-02-20 21:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Do you happen to have a list like that for clinton and Bush?
I love this kind of stuff.
Was referring to the fact that Obama was generally an ***, but whatever.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-20 21:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) We have right now a para-military-style left wing group who are dead set on squelching free speech if it pertains to conservative ideas....
If you are talking the black block, they are anarchist destroyers. It seems to be their job to turn demonstrations violent.

I wonder who might feel it a good thing to incite violence at demonstrations?

And they are hardly paramilitary. This is not to say they aren't dangerous.

P. S.
By Yatenkou 2017-02-20 21:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
1.) We have right now a para-military-style left wing group who are dead set on squelching free speech if it pertains to conservative ideas....
If you are talking the black block, they are anarchist destroyers. It seems to be their job to turn demonstrations violent.

P. S.

I'm referring to the protesters of many different groups, such as SEIU, La Raza, Black Lives Matter, Organize for Action, Antifa (Which is a global network) ACORN, MoveOn.

But specifically a protest group that beats people with pipes and flagpoles, or burns and loots buildings.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-20 21:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
So, the senate intel committee's asked the NSA, CIA and FBI to preserve all documents pertaining to any uncovered ties between the Trump administration and Russia...
And this is how the road to his impeachment and removal from office begins, on the very day of the end of his first month in office.
I highly doubt they'll come up with anything viable enough to start impeachment. They're 1-6 right now, and the fact that Democrats are fighting this furiously is just shooting themselves further in the foot considering people are starting to turn away from them...

You know what's really funny ... they already are required to preserve all records for seven years or more. There are several laws and regulations regarding recording keeping that all agencies are required to follow. So basically the request was like "requesting" an ice cream truck keep the ice cream cold.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-02-20 21:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you happen to have a list like that for clinton and Bush?
I love this kind of stuff.
Was referring to the fact that Obama was generally an ***, but whatever.
There is a lot of effort in that list, it would be odd of them to not have other presidents to compare it too.

Unless there was a reason for their absence.
Sure I can bring up several examples of Bush being a ***.

1.) He's the president who started this war and the destruction in the Middle East.
2.) He nearly killed our economy
3.) I mean do we really need to emphasize his intelligence? Did you -see- the fight he got into at the inauguration with that poncho?

As for slick Willy...well...

1.) Whitewater being one
2.) Cheating on his wife
3.) Shady conduct by the Clinton Global Initiative, especially that they were shutting down and the FBI was looking into their activities.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-20 21:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

P. S.

I'm referring to the protesters of many different groups, such as SEIU, La Raza, Black Lives Matter, Organize for Action, Antifa (Which is a global network) ACORN, MoveOn.

But specifically a protest group that beats people with pipes and flagpoles, or burns and loots buildings.
SEIU is a union. La Raza is a Hispanic advocacy group that is near as old as I. BLM is all things to all people. it goes on.

Your specific group is the black block. They are the ones who dress all in black, sometimes with balaclavas or scarves hiding their faces. Those on the left like them no better than you.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-20 21:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Publisher cancels Milo Yiannopoulos book ‘Dangerous’
AP in Salon

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos’ publisher has cancelled his planned book, “Dangerous.”

Simon & Schuster and its Threshold Editions imprint announced Monday that “after careful consideration” they had pulled the book, which had been high on Amazon.com’s best-seller lists and was the subject of intense controversy.

The announcement came hours after the Breitbart editor was disinvited to this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference because of past comments about relationships between boys and men. He has said remarks he made that could be construed as favoring men and boys having sex were edited wrongly....
Advocating pedophilia is too much even for the right.

Thank goodness.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-20 21:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

He didn't though, if you listen to what he actually said. I don't agree with him but that's not what he was saying.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-20 21:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say he was advocating it, but trying to explain it in a way that those sickos are doing those kids a service is pretty sad. But its nothing new from that guy.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-20 22:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing is that the story he was talking about (about himself) was when he was 17, above the age of consent for the UK

So it's not technically what people are saying (advocating for pedos) but still creepy
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-20 22:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a 16 year old in my class that was going out with a 27 year old

Such a creepy age difference at that age
By Ruaumoko 2017-02-21 05:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Publisher cancels Milo Yiannopoulos book ‘Dangerous’
AP in Salon

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos’ publisher has cancelled his planned book, “Dangerous.”

Simon & Schuster and its Threshold Editions imprint announced Monday that “after careful consideration” they had pulled the book, which had been high on Amazon.com’s best-seller lists and was the subject of intense controversy.

The announcement came hours after the Breitbart editor was disinvited to this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference because of past comments about relationships between boys and men. He has said remarks he made that could be construed as favoring men and boys having sex were edited wrongly....
Advocating pedophilia is too much even for the right.

Thank goodness.
Always thought that something was wrong with Milo. He always seemed to me to just have this raw self-loathing that he just took out on other people. It makes sense now.

Good riddance.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 06:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

P. S.

SEIU is a union. La Raza is a Hispanic advocacy group that is near as old as I. BLM is all things to all people. it goes on.

Your specific group is the black block. They are the ones who dress all in black, sometimes with balaclavas or scarves hiding their faces. Those on the left like them no better than you.
I'm not sure if you are trying to make this into a racist thing.

No, it's not the "black bloc" that he is referring to. It's those people who riot over the silliest things, such as a gay conservative speaker speaking at a university known throughout the world to start the "Free Speech" movement, or those who violently destroy businesses because they perceive a harm on them.

That's not a racial thing, that's a liberal thing.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 08:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Long story short: Democrats need to pull their head out of their ***. People thought I was crazy when I said a lot of Americans had a sour taste in their mouth with Obama, and now that I was right? Well. Wishing your president to fail is like saying you want the pilot of your airplane to die while you're in it.

I'm getting tired of winning Mr President !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 08:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Give the public a break - The facts I don't like media is trying to say that large scale immigration in Sweden is working out just beautifully. NOT!

Take that Sweden !
By fonewear 2017-02-21 08:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we should invade Sweden take all the fish and leave !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 08:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The Left’s Freakouts Will Continue Until Morale Improves. Here Are Some Tips

Quote:
It’s no secret that the election of Donald Trump revealed a great many features of America’s national life that completely surprised the mainstream media and political establishment.

The broad contours of these revelations are now well known: millions in the Rust Belt felt left behind by the economic recovery. Voters everywhere felt frustrated by Washington’s corruption and cynicism. Even some of those who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 ultimately rejected his vision for the country. They also rejected stifling political correctness and elite opinion, and in the end rejected politics as usual by rolling the dice and electing Trump.

But the election also revealed something disturbing about the Left: in America today there is a great swath of progressives who, it seems, want nothing to do with the 63 million Americans who supported Trump. They won’t even date people who voted for Trump. OKCupid recently announced a new feature that will allow users to screen for political preferences. Another dating app, Hater, matches people by what they hate, and on Valentine’s Day the company projected huge images on New York City buildings of Putin and a pregnant Trump in a naked embrace.

It’s not just the dating scene. A recent Reuters/Ipsos poll found that the rancor that usually subsides after a contentious election has become worse this time. Friendships have ended, families have been torn apart. One woman separated from her husband of 22 years after finding out that he was supporting Trump. A man in New Orleans broke off a close relationship with an uncle who had helped him through his father’s suicide because the uncle voted for Trump. Another woman says she can barely speak to her two Trump-supporting sons now. “Life is not what it was before the election,” she said.

A growing number of companies are doing the same, profits be damned. Each week a new company seems to pile on. This week, a United Kingdom-based makeup brand posted an “anti-fascism pledge” on social media vowing not to knowingly sell its products to anyone who supports Trump. Consumers can even download Trump boycott apps to help them avoid patronizing companies that are insufficiently anti-Trump. (At least one boycott attempt backfired: Wegmans promptly sold out of Trump-branded wines after hundreds of National Organization for Women members pressured the regional grocery chain to drop the products.)

For The Left, Morality Proceeds From Politics

The hyper-politicization of every facet of life—and the intolerance it always demands—are a feature, almost exclusively, of the political Left. There’s a certain logic to this, of course. When politics becomes a kind of religion that defines one’s moral principles, then politics must dictate everything from your grocery store to the men you meet on Tinder.

But of course politics isn’t everything. In a healthy democracy, among citizens whose political views proceed from their moral principles, it should be a secondary concern, and certainly inferior to friendship and love for one’s family.

The goal of democratic politics is to ensure a just government, and the purpose of a just government is to secure life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. On November 8, millions of Americans ensured a just government—yet again—through a legitimate election and the peaceful transfer of power.

Not everyone is happy with the results, of course, but that doesn’t mean we live under a tyranny. Until there’s some credible sign of impending tyranny beyond a Republican being in power, Americans of all political persuasions—especially progressives—need to get on with the more important business of pursuing happiness.

Poetry Is More Important Than Politics

The Founding Fathers understood this from the beginning. John Adams knew he had to engage in politics to preserve liberty for future generations. But in the hierarchy of human pursuits, politics ranked low:

Quote:
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain.

What a reversal we see today, when so much of our popular culture, from music to television to “literary” fiction, is political. That’s not just because so much of it references politics, but because so much of it is created specifically to convey a political message.

There’s a danger in all of this. When politics becomes the most important thing in life, it’s easy to lose respect for everyone outside your political faction. This is what’s happening in America right now. The election did not make it so, but it has shined a light on the trend. Before the election, Pew found that nearly 60 percent of voters who backed Hillary Clinton had a “hard time” respecting Trump supporters, compared to just 40 percent of Trump supporters who said the same of Clinton voters.

That’s not normal or healthy. When you lose respect for your fellow citizens over an election, when you break ties with family and friends over it, you’re not just saying you won’t share a meal or a conversation with them; you’re saying you won’t share a country with them.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 08:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Good article (I actually read it) The people that are obsessed with Trump seem to live dull lives. I can't imagine waking up every day and searching for new Trump stuff to be outraged by.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 82 83 84