Random Politics & Religion #19

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 82 83 84

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 21:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
What it boils down to is sheer volume of members, the liberals all jump up and down on the report button in a coordinated effort to swamp the mod's box with complaints. They come in, look at the post and think "well if this many people pushed the button then something must be wrong". When it's a conservative reporting, they rarely do it in coordinated group so the mods might see one report with your name on it and think "well that's just one person" and it gets only cursory examination.

Any evidence of that?
Kojo openly admitted on ignoring my reports.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-14 21:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea how it was before I was a mod, but generally, people in here report each other back and forth. Some more than others. Half the time they report for the wrong offense. Others come and read and do not participate in the thread. They merely report, and though those types of reports are infrequent, when they happen, they get taken more seriously. For what reason, I can't really say, probably some implicit bias against regular P&R posters. Perhaps the perspective that taking sides each time would not be impartial, but most likely because the pettiness ebbs and flows in here like the tides of the sea.

Mass reports actually occur more frequently in other threads, generally gear talk threads where someone has come and ***the thread up with something hardly related to the discussion. That's when you have sides hop on wagons and we get like 20 reports in 10 minutes.

That all said, KN is frequently reported by quite a number of people, and in general, these reports are ignored across the board, because generally, the reports are over a perceived slight against someone else. This one was too direct though, even for my tastes. But this is also probably why KN gets hit more than other people. Not just because more people are reporting him, but because people think that it is generally ok. Not just to belittle him, but also to report him. It is little wonder that his tone/post structure does not change.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-14 21:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What it boils down to is sheer volume of members, the liberals all jump up and down on the report button in a coordinated effort to swamp the mod's box with complaints. They come in, look at the post and think "well if this many people pushed the button then something must be wrong". When it's a conservative reporting, they rarely do it in coordinated group so the mods might see one report with your name on it and think "well that's just one person" and it gets only cursory examination.

Any evidence of that?

I'm a mod on a much larger forum that experiences the exact same situation here. When I say larger I'm talking about over a hundred mods with dedicated paid community managers tied to a major publishing company. I know all the sneaky tricks that regular posters pull along with how incredibly overworked mods are. I regularly have to clean out a few hundred entries from our junk detector per day along with report flags, avatar requests, and even a specialized filter that automatically flags suspected posts for us to view.

So yeah, nothing that happens here surprises me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 21:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one appreciate your PM in the matter Vyre.

I knew I was wrong. But I was posting in the exact same tone that Seha did.

You explained why Seha didn't get the same treatment, and while I don't agree, I know better than to argue with a mod (personal experience in the matter).

I always admit when I'm wrong. I think Kojo and Rooks can attest to that. I know that sometimes, I take it too far. It's just the whole matter of how I'm treated by other posters in my responses.

Either way, I'm not going to change my tone as long as I continue to be attacked constantly. If that means more topic bans, so be it.

Nice to know that a lot of the reports on me are generally ignored though. Also nice to know that I get reported constantly...........but I kindof figured that.

I guess I owe Rooks an apology for something I said a while back. He said I should be glad that he doesn't play the rules by the book here, and now I understand.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-14 22:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Any evidence of that?
Kojo openly admitted on ignoring my reports.
Was I being a *** at the time?
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-14 22:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

if you report you're a snitch that got your feelings hurt or couldn't defend yourself

and to quote fone

fonewear said:

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-14 22:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
No idea how it was before I was a mod, but generally, people in here report each other back and forth. Some more than others. Half the time they report for the wrong offense. Others come and read and do not participate in the thread. They merely report, and though those types of reports are infrequent, when they happen, they get taken more seriously. For what reason, I can't really say, probably some implicit bias against regular P&R posters. Perhaps the perspective that taking sides each time would not be impartial, but most likely because the pettiness ebbs and flows in here like the tides of the sea.

Mass reports actually occur more frequently in other threads, generally gear talk threads where someone has come and ***the thread up with something hardly related to the discussion. That's when you have sides hop on wagons and we get like 20 reports in 10 minutes.

That all said, KN is frequently reported by quite a number of people, and in general, these reports are ignored across the board, because generally, the reports are over a perceived slight against someone else. This one was too direct though, even for my tastes. But this is also probably why KN gets hit more than other people. Not just because more people are reporting him, but because people think that it is generally ok. Not just to belittle him, but also to report him. It is little wonder that his tone/post structure does not change.
Also, well said.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-14 22:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
if you report you're a snitch that got your feelings hurt or couldn't defend yourself

There is a line and it boils down to "is someone directly insulting an aspect of my person" or "is something just throwing a general insult at a fictional persona that I happen to resemble". The first is definitely against the rules while the second is normal.

Ex:
"Shruiken is a dumb *** idiot" is a personal attack that shouldn't be tolerated, ever.

"Liberal powers are idiots" isn't a personal attack and perfectly fine.

What happens though is that some posters will attempt to bait others into making borderline statements with the intention of reporting them for it. The baiting happens through character attacks and insinuations.

What KN is angry at is that several posters get away with the later while he (the former) gets nailed when he falls for it, same with Alti.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-14 23:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If only people could control the things they type.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-15 04:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had KN blocked for well over a year. All this talk of tactics, baiting, and report spamming falls flat on that.
My post attacked not the individual, but the content seen quoted, as it was devoid of any rationality or connection to what I just said, hence very stupid("the most" was hyperbole cause I've probably seen worse).

Also, hate to sound like a broken record but Saevel you really love making up data that you don't have
the liberals all jump up and down on the report button in a coordinated effort to swamp the mod's box with complaints
By Ruaumoko 2017-02-15 05:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I don't think economic policy for nation states was around before the 1800s.
Oh it was, it absolutely was. You can take this as far back as the Italian City States, who were practically nations in their own right. Venice operated on an system that is a striking precursor to the globalist system in that international trade (oriental at that time) was lightly tariffed but still encouraged whereas states like Milan were more protectionist.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-02-15 07:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm a mod and I'm deleting my own posts...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 08:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Senate GOP wants to question Flynn
The Hill

Quote:
Top Senate Republicans said Tuesday the Intelligence Committee should investigate the circumstances surrounding the resignation of Michael Flynn as President Trump’s national security adviser and ask him to appear before Congress for questioning.

GOP lawmakers stopped short of calling for an independent committee to look into Flynn’s actions. The creation of such a panel, demanded by Democrats, would elevate the investigation and allow for televised, public hearings.

But Republicans largely agreed the Flynn matter should be included in a current Intelligence Committee probe into Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election.

“It’s likely that General Flynn will be, at some point, asked to come and talk to the committee about both post-election activities and any other activities he would be aware of,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) leadership team who serves on the Intelligence panel.

McConnell added it’s “highly likely” the Intelligence panel will investigate Flynn.

Across the Capitol, House GOP leaders charged with oversight were less aggressive than their Senate counterparts, seeming to shrug off calls for Congress to get more involved....
Here's a thought, and a very real possibility. Flynn's and Manafort's contacts with Russia, in Flynn's case it was the Russian ambassador as well as Russian intelligence officers, and Manafort had contact with Russian bankers while attempting to solicit campaign donations illegally, both of them have knowingly violated the Logan act. That said, it's not a stretch to conclude Trump knew what the both of them were doing, which would make him a co-conspirator and therefore all three of them, Trump, Manafort, and Flynn, should be arrested for treason.
Now, remember what I said the day after the election: Trump would be gone well before the first six months are over, either through impeachment, arrest, or assassination.
Now that's what I call Grade A Tinfoil.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 08:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
If only people could control the things they type.

Or at the least take responsibility and ownership for the things they type or say.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 08:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens though is that some posters will attempt to bait others into making borderline statements with the intention of reporting them for it. The baiting happens through character attacks and insinuations.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-15 08:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Because that doesn't happen both ways or anything, including by the person quoted.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 08:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Because that doesn't happen both ways or anything, including by the person quoted.
I already admitted that I attack people. I also admitted that I attack people who previously attacked me.

But right after Saevel said that, we had two perfect examples of posters proving Saevel's point.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-15 08:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave it alone or I'll lock this until next Monday.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 08:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My last post is in reference to our politicians today who say certain things on tape then weeks later attempt to claim they never said it or didn't literally mean it I.e taking ownership and responsibility for their words.

Ex: Trump claiming he didn't know about the Justice Departments report on Flynn while on Air Force One Friday to the revelation he's known for weeks to the coming denial of claiming ignorance.
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 09:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So Trump was briefed on Flynn's lies on Jan 26, Pence on Feb 9th, why keep Pence in the dark for two weeks, and why take over 3 weeks to fire Flynn? Was he hoping he could just cover it up and the investigations would just go away?

Also woke up to see Trump attacking Americans on twitter again, thats always nice.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-15 09:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe there's something in Trump's emails...
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-15 09:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I've had KN blocked for well over a year. All this talk of tactics, baiting, and report spamming falls flat on that.
My post attacked not the individual, but the content seen quoted, as it was devoid of any rationality or connection to what I just said, hence very stupid("the most" was hyperbole cause I've probably seen worse).

This is my point exactly. I never mentioned Sehe's name nor did I allude to or reference him/her in any way, yet they took my typing to be directed at them and responded as though it was personal.

Sehe the world doesn't revolve around you, much less the P&R section on FFXIAH.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-15 09:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If anyone wants to know what exactly Italy is dealing with politically this is a pretty good article(it's a bit long, but worth it if you wanna learn)

Leaders in facts I don't like

holy crap is that article long!

I see that Our evil plan to turn everyone into idiots is coming along nicely....

I think the George Soros immigrant smuggling story was my favorite
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 09:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
So Trump was briefed on Flynn's lies on Jan 26, Pence on Feb 9th, why keep Pence in the dark for two weeks, and why take over 3 weeks to fire Flynn? Was he hoping he could just cover it up and the investigations would just go away?
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 82 83 84