Rdm Soloing 20 Ep/dc Haxor!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Rdm soloing 20 ep/dc haxor!!!
Rdm soloing 20 ep/dc haxor!!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-17 20:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'd almost think you would've been better of letting the yags hit you for a little more xp wise. Like I try to balance the dmg taken to mp refreshed on blu so I can constantly cure almost without sucking up all my mp.

Headbutt is more of a 1 on 1 move that helps to solo things and mostly buy time for utsesmi recast so not sure of its usefulness as rdm/blu well nice for stunning spells or longer abilities on the mobs it works on and nice dmg I suppose... not really sure how good dmg deathblossom is but it sure is pretty.

Glad to be an inspiration though lol. Recently did rng af socks with it since it kinda was hurting my blu/nin and yeah tp moves did like 50 dmg lol when on blu even with cocoon they did like 400-500
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-17 20:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're RDM/BLU, that means you have access to Vorpal Blade.

Besides Knights of Round and Atonement, Vorpal Blade is about the best WS you can get for sword.

Obviously if you have like 2000 HP then Spirits Within at 300% TP will still do more but Vorpal Blade is generally better.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-17 20:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The probably with vorpal blade on rdm is its only modded by strength for one and being multihit will be more dependent on attack/acc then single hit which as a rdm with only 250 base skill and somewhat lacking in the acc/att gear department not to mention tanking like this your eating tacos its kinda hard. Add on to the fact that savage gets some nice tp mods and both savage and death have the 30% str mod AND 50% mnd which as a rdm you should have a tad more of to begin with. And you wont have enough dex to crit decently. So while it might be the best swd ws... not necessarily the best for rdm. Generally playing with it vorpal does only a tad bit more on eps and about the same on DCs and tp adds more to the others

Hell even blus wont get that much more dmg out of it then savage/expicaion especially on stronger mobs and nowhere near enough to make up for even ok skillchain dmg.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-18 05:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well I'd almost think you would've been better of letting the yags hit you for a little more xp wise. Like I try to balance the dmg taken to mp refreshed on blu so I can constantly cure almost without sucking up all my mp.

Headbutt is more of a 1 on 1 move that helps to solo things and mostly buy time for utsesmi recast so not sure of its usefulness as rdm/blu well nice for stunning spells or longer abilities on the mobs it works on and nice dmg I suppose... not really sure how good dmg deathblossom is but it sure is pretty.

Glad to be an inspiration though lol. Recently did rng af socks with it since it kinda was hurting my blu/nin and yeah tp moves did like 50 dmg lol when on blu even with cocoon they did like 400-500

At first, I just cast SS to see how much dmg I can take. Usually on Rdm/anything you can get pwnt pretty easily in campaign with mobs doing anything from 50-60 and critting in the 100's.

Once I got comfortable with it, I just dropped SS and let the mobs hit me.. Was making around 3.4-4k exp in campaigns out of 10-20 mins fights. I was pretty amazed! Good AN, a good way to merit too!

Yeahs, since headbutt is based on acc apparently, and it's a magic spell, and since death blossom lowers magic resistance and evasion, making enfeebs SO easy to stick, I think it would work beautifully in 'the real world'.

My vorpals do a max of 340 damage roughly. Death has been known to do more and I also think it can close or open light since it's like savage, but with one more hit in there.

Totally building a def down build!
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-18 07:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

In all the times I've been on rdm/blu head butt usually doesn't stun. It lands just fine, but it's rare for me that the stun actually procs.
I'm not sure if Death Blossom helps or not with /blu. I've never noticed. I generally only use DB and I haven't noticed it making head butt "work".
 Remora.Zackaria
Server: Remora
user: zackaria
By Remora.Zackaria 2009-11-18 08:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

you can do this /war as well and get very similar results
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-11-18 11:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

While it's true that you can go /war and ride Defender to increase your Def, the only real benefit to this is that it's a JA and can't be interrupted. (And if you don't have a joytoy you benefit from DA) The attack down could really hurt a Rdm in the end, severely lowering their damage per hit. Not to mention losing the extra MP, job traits like auto-regen, and any situational spells you may set.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-11-18 13:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the same thing with /war up to 7 mandies at a time to skill shield. Random /tells or distractions = death.

@.@ Dasva you're poor.

Now announcing the raise gil for Dasva fund all proceeds will go to Dasva.
Please send 1 gil to his delivery box at your earliest convince if you choose to donate.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 13:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Pjohn said:
I did the same thing with /war up to 7 mandies at a time to skill shield. Random /tells or distractions = death. @.@ Dasva you're poor. Now announcing the raise gil for Dasva fund all proceeds will go to Dasva. Please send 1 gil to his delivery box at your earliest convince if you choose to donate.
Lol I got more moneys now so you might have to send in 1mil increments.
Remora.Zackaria said:
you can do this /war as well and get very similar results
Similar but not as good. One that other 25% def makes a huge difference. Hell you can see a decent difference just dropping the taco. Not to mention the much lower attack or the fact that it only last 3 min every 5 while you can and should keep cocoon up 100% of the time. Also autoregen... can stack vit/agi spells and can ever get resist sleep or some killer effects.
Remora.Belius said:
Yeahs, since headbutt is based on acc apparently, and it's a magic spell, and since death blossom lowers magic resistance and evasion, making enfeebs SO easy to stick, I think it would work
Physical blu spells acc is determined by regular acc and evasion not magic type so know chances are it wont work in landing the spell. However the added stun effect does seem sorta magical ie hard to headbutt and get stun to proc on mobs with extreme regular stun resist... so who knows
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-11-18 14:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Defender last till the recast is up.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 14:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Pjohn said:
Defender last till the recast is up.
Yeah I was thinking berserk... still you have that 1 sec or so! Besides would you rather have 1 defender or double defender without the lame -attack on it!?! I mean with my build that's easily over 100 def difference
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-11-18 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I despise BLU for the time being. Something like 20+ crawlers and didn't learn cocoon. Foot kick took a lot of mobs to learn it.
Since then I have never looked back.

SE has made a lot of things easier maybe learning BLU spells also. /shrug
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 14:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh cocoon was easy for me since once I got pollen I spammed it till I capped and well crawlers love to use the move and was easy to feed them tp then just let them hit me while I paeoned lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [199 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-05 21:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Pjohn said:
I despise BLU for the time being. Something like 20 crawlers and didn't learn cocoon. Foot kick took a lot of mobs to learn it.
Since then I have never looked back.

SE has made a lot of things easier maybe learning BLU spells also. /shrug

Learning spells suck low level. Gets better 20+

Edit: lolnecro bump >.>