Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 4 ... 46 47 48
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 09:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Seriously what happened in SK is one of the most mindfucking moments in our history, how is there not more talk about it?

Pretty sure I posted about it in the last thread and go nil response.

seemed like quite the opposite for me. par for the course, ect.

Well, I'm way too lazy to go back and look. I may have thought about posting it when drinking and then decided not to, but think I did because I thought about it (much like the way Democrats vote, apparently!)

Or I may have posted it and got a response but just forgot to check.

Or you could all be figments of my self-loathing imagination.

/HalluciTuesday
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 09:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You forgot George Washington and Millard Fillmore...*shakes head*

My mother isn't Betsy-***-Ross, man.
By fonewear 2016-11-29 09:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot George Washington and Millard Fillmore...*shakes head*

My mother isn't Betsy-***-Ross, man.

That's a shame how bout Betty Crocker ?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-29 09:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but do any of you actually know what the President does?

they golf mostly...travel around..visit historical sites... eat at the "jiro dreams of sushi" restaurant...hob nob with celebrities...if they are democrats they can also get away with diddling the interns...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-29 09:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Twitter should be thanking Trump by the way...before Trump I thought it was just a wait for millennials to *** about well being millennials.
By fonewear 2016-11-29 09:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

just a way *
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 09:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
...if they are democrats they can also get away with diddling the interns...

This is a jealousy thing, isn't it?
By fonewear 2016-11-29 09:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry I'm sure the Democrats will get another philander in office...just a matter of time.

If Bernie can live till 2020 maybe he can have a sordid affair over the next 4 years.
By eliroo 2016-11-29 10:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Trumps verbal diarrhea on Twitter is going to make the next 4 years amazing. Losing citizenship for burning a flag, pure genius.

I like how it displays his total lack of knowledge in regard to the law. Gay marriage? already been decided by the supreme court, so he's OK with it. he's apparently not familiar with Texas v. Johnson. It's not like I'm a lawyer or even college educated or very smart. *** funny stuff.

In this flag burning case, I think we need to remember that in 2005 Hillary Clinton also signed a bill supporting a similar notion to what Trump just said. The same people that championed her are disparaging Trump for a like idea. I think both are wrong but stlil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Protection_Act_of_2005

Source for those who will want to dispute.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-29 10:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more jealous that they can be confined to wheelchairs and/or hobble around on crutches and nobody mentions it...
By fonewear 2016-11-29 10:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I only accept burning of the Canadian flag. That should be a holiday actually.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 10:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more jealous that they can be confined to wheelchairs and/or hobble around on crutches and nobody mentions it...

Given Hillary got light headed from an acute illness and people started crying she wasn't healthy enough to hold office, I think those days are gone.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-29 10:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be. After all Democrat politicians are jealous Republican politicians can get away with conflict of interest/moral hazard.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 10:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Flag burning only matters if people get upset when you do it.

It's sort of an interesting topic to me because I've never cared one way or another. I love my country, I don't need a bunch of symbolism to validate it for me.

But it's like people who get so bent out of shape..."flag burning should be punishable by imprisonment/castration/death!"

...you understand that's the reason they're doing it, right? If it didn't get a rise out of you it would be meaningless. They're not doing it to disrespect the country. They're doing it to disrespect the people who piss them off, and the people who piss them off hold an inanimate object as sacred.

It's like, yes, some of the alt right people giving Nazi salutes might actually be skinhead pieces of ***, but some of them really just want to piss off uptight alarmist left-wingers.

The real amusement comes from people who do the latter, but get really upset about the former, because it means they don't get their own joke and that they're every bit as uptight alarmist jackoffs as the people they lambast on the left.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 10:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The real amusement comes from people who do the latter, but get really upset about the former, because it means they don't get their own joke and that they're every bit as uptight alarmist jackoffs as the people they lambast on the left.

Werp. There's three actions there, I should clarify.

The people who do the faux-Nazi salute to piss off lefties who still get pissed off about flag burning.

People who legitimately share Nazi ideals are pieces of ***. They have a freedom to express themselves, but I'm also free to remind them they're pieces of ***for expressing those views.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-29 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think those days are gone.

Ever see the potus fire up a marlboro red?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 10:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think those days are gone.

Ever see the potus fire up a marlboro red?

While in office?

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-29 11:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

While in office?

yeah... the last seven and a half years
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-29 11:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted it before you, so u be second ***.

I mean come on, a secret society secretely controlling the president like a puppet and it gets confirmed and admitted, it's every conspiraciest dream!! I'm really surprised it didn't get more attention.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-29 11:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean come on, a secret society secretely controlling the president like a puppet and it gets confirmed and admitted, it's every conspiraciest dream!! I'm really surprised it didn't get more attention.

Like I say, that's how imagine all these countries are run, it really doesn't surprise me in the least. Money is power, the rest is just a facade to placate the masses.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-29 11:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The USA included.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-29 11:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think FFXIAH controls society *puts on tinfoil hat* I agree.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 11:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm always happy to let the lady go first.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-29 11:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

While in office?

yeah... the last seven and a half years

I haven't, no. But I haven't really been looking. Or even caring.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-29 11:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The USA included.

Nah ugh... I heard the oligarchical elite runs the US with the best interest of the poor at heart. That's why they elected a billionaire to the office of president who is appointing other billionaires into positions of power to fix the system that made the billionaires
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-29 11:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The USA included.

Nah ugh... I heard the oligarchical elite runs the US with the best interest of the poor at heart. That's why they elected a billionaire to the office of president who is appointing other billionaires into positions of power to fix the system that made the billionaires
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-29 11:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Flag burning only matters if people get upset when you do it.

It's sort of an interesting topic to me because I've never cared one way or another. I love my country, I don't need a bunch of symbolism to validate it for me.

But it's like people who get so bent out of shape..."flag burning should be punishable by imprisonment/castration/death!"

...you understand that's the reason they're doing it, right? If it didn't get a rise out of you it would be meaningless. They're not doing it to disrespect the country. They're doing it to disrespect the people who piss them off, and the people who piss them off hold an inanimate object as sacred.

It's like, yes, some of the alt right people giving Nazi salutes might actually be skinhead pieces of ***, but some of them really just want to piss off uptight alarmist left-wingers.

It's not hard to piss off liberals I majored in it...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-29 11:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Trumps verbal diarrhea on Twitter is going to make the next 4 years amazing. Losing citizenship for burning a flag, pure genius.

I like how it displays his total lack of knowledge in regard to the law. Gay marriage? already been decided by the supreme court, so he's OK with it. he's apparently not familiar with Texas v. Johnson. It's not like I'm a lawyer or even college educated or very smart. *** funny stuff.

In this flag burning case, I think we need to remember that in 2005 Hillary Clinton also signed a bill supporting a similar notion to what Trump just said. The same people that championed her are disparaging Trump for a like idea. I think both are wrong but stlil.

The issue at hand is Gary Johnson v Texas the Supreme Court burning the flag in protest is symbolic speech and protected under the first amendment. Flag Protection Act of 2005 states that burning the flag to incite violence and acts of terrorism is punishable.

So what you have is a nebulous area with regard to interpretation of motive and intent.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-29 11:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate my iphone...it's a post saboteur.
By Zerowone 2016-11-29 11:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
eliroo said: »

The issue at hand is that in Gregory Johnson v Texas the Supreme Court ruled that burning the flag in protest is symbolic speech and protected under the first amendment. The Flag Protection Act of 2005 states that burning the flag to incite violence and acts of terrorism is punishable.

So what you have is a nebulous area with regard to interpretation of motive and intent.

Ugh...iPhones
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 46 47 48