whm food
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-09-17 12:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

as a cook im curious as to what is your fav whm food? my husband loves Dish Of Spaghetti Boscaiola. I make this for him but its never sold on the ah. is it because of the price or what would you rather use?

Dish Of Spaghetti Boscaiola
Food Effects: (30 minutes, All Races)

* HP +18% (Cap: 120@666 Base HP)
* MP +35
* Strength -5
* Dexterity -2
* Mind +4
* Vitality +2
* MP Recovered While Healing +1
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-17 13:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocolate Cake is nice. There's another that I'm trying to recall that was good as well. I'll post again when it comes to me.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-17 13:05:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

hmmmm....I've only used melon pies, but I'm not a high lvl WHM either. I'd have to say it really depends on the race. I used pies mainly as a taru since I can make them and for the hMP.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-09-17 13:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocolate Cake
3hrs
* Group Food Effects
* MP +3%
* MP Recovered While Healing +6

wouldnt the hp % for devotion/sublimation/martyr be a great bonus and the mind 4? I can see the hmp+6 being nice tho
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-17 13:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Musthroom stew for main heal, otherwise sushi for whm/nin action
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-17 13:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

mushroom stew. That's the other one I was thinking of.

Food Effects: (3 hours, All Races)

* MP +40
* Strength -1
* Mind +4
* MP Recovered While Healing +4
* Enmity -4
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-17 13:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer Marron Glace for long-term food, but most of the time I just use Wizard Cookies.

hMP all the way, baby!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-17 13:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
I prefer Marron Glace for long-term food, but most of the time I just use Wizard Cookies.

hMP all the way, baby!

I think Mushroom Stew would be better than Marron Glace. Maybe 45 less MP, but 3 more hMP. I dunno. Now that I think about it, I can't really say which would be 'better'. MND+4 and the Enm-4 are great though on the stew.

I love my cookies as well.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-17 13:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I actually get on whm for main heal I just use ginger cookies. An extra couple of MND or extra -ENMITY (which the Blessed gear already has loads of) doesn't really mean much to me. Unless you are spamming Cure4 for some stupid reason, CureIII and CureV are normally hard to pull hate on anyway. hMP is definitely the way to go.
[+]
 Asura.Riddick
Server: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2009-09-17 13:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

wizzy cookies or melon pie. Dont overthink your role in a party. Your a whm. You need quick regen when resting. The high max mp pool is nice but if your curing a party your probably averaging 50% of your max mana at all times anyhow. Just find the best food to get it back quick in the short amount of resting time you get. I used wizzy cookies all the way to 75. I suppose bc and certain fights could use other stuff. But at the end of the day its about getting your mana back fast.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-17 13:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, I haven't used anything besides pies and cookies on my WHM. I was talking to another WHM in game not long ago when the other food was brought up. I think the stew would be nice for dynamis runs.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-17 19:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just like WHM/SMN, I use it rarely, and mostly for more MP and more refresh. The best example I can think of are Kirin (kite, standard type) and JoL, where I will be going for a LONG time and having 2/tick non-stop is totally sweet.

But yeah, although I go max MP rarely, I almost always just use the cookies... if I had a choice to merit hMP or Max MP, I'd go hMP 8/8 without a doubt.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-17 19:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:

hMP all the way, baby!

Yeah I stick to Wizard Cookies. I have enough -enmity and I'm a Taru so the last thing I need is more MP.

No matter how much MP you have or some extra Mnd for that Cure V; if you can't get MP back fast enough, you've failed. FAILED.

Cookies or gtfo. :o
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-09-17 20:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Witch Kabob is my favourite, very easy to make if your not lazy and farm the shrooms, very easy to HQ too at 60+ cooking. I tend to HQ 6/12 with 76 cooking.
Or if your feeling lazy and need food before dyna or something, I just pop to the NPC in WG and buy a stack of roast mushrooms off him.

Also this food is good incase you die, means you dont waste 3hr food etc.

Food Effects: (60 minutes, All Races)

* MP +15
* Mind +4
* Enmity -1
* MP Recovered While Healing +3

If you want just hMP then I recommend Chocomilk, 3hr food and hMP+3.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-17 20:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mushroom stew and marron glace here as well, i typically do /SCH so i don't usually need MP/cookies. If i do go /BLM or whatever for whatever reason i would probably do cookies.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-17 20:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't beat that 7 hMP from Wizard's!
[+]
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Server: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-09-17 20:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Marron Glace, Witch Kabobs and Goblin Mushpots on RDM, simply for the +MND.
The kabobs are MND+4, MP+15, they're a nice food for things you know you're going to die on a lot.
The Mushpots are +10 MND, very nice for cures and enfeebles, but they are on the expensive/hard to find side, and a three hour food.
I think the best all around WHM food is still Marron Glace for the +MP and HMP, only downside is it's not stackable and about 3k a pop. If you're going to be doing something that may include a lot of death, probably not your best bet.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-09-17 20:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually like the Spaghetti Boscaiola as well. My HP isn't quite so low when using Medicine Ring and I'm getting some other boots for mage. They are just such a pain to make I don't really bother anymore :(

When I'm on WHM, it's usually not for so long that I need a 3HR food- and if I am, say for Dynamis, it's not really worth using a food there. Yes, I know, I'm gimp for not always using food (too bad so sad).

Cookies just get annoying to keep using over and over and you usually don't have to rest much if you play smart. Or rest when there's enough downtime that hMP over what you already have in gear is pointless. Though if ya do need to rest often- the hMP will be better than MND/MP/etc any other food can give.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-18 07:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll pop cookies in XP PTs while healing. Depending on our support (rdm, etc.) I typically refresh enough that I don't have to bother healing until we get a particularly hard hitting mob.

Same thing for Dynamis. When we have a lull in mobs or only a couple weak mobs left, I'll pop a cookie and heal.

---

I went to wiki witch kabobs and found this page:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/White_Mage_Guide_by_Birgitte/Food
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-09-18 10:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jurai said:
I actually like the Spaghetti Boscaiola as well. My HP isn't quite so low when using Medicine Ring and I'm getting some other boots for mage. They are just such a pain to make I don't really bother anymore :(

When I'm on WHM, it's usually not for so long that I need a 3HR food- and if I am, say for Dynamis, it's not really worth using a food there. Yes, I know, I'm gimp for not always using food (too bad so sad).

Cookies just get annoying to keep using over and over and you usually don't have to rest much if you play smart. Or rest when there's enough downtime that hMP over what you already have in gear is pointless. Though if ya do need to rest often- the hMP will be better than MND/MP/etc any other food can give.

yay! see i find that thats good food too, and i mean yea i cheap out on jobs sometimes but it just seems like a really good food to me. im half tempted to farm some more truffles and make some to try to sell instead of giving them all to my husband(but he gets some too^^)
 Carbuncle.Xeon
user: Xeon
By Carbuncle.Xeon 2009-09-18 10:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I messed around with a lot of food choices on my WHM (edit: Apollonia is my WHM for the moment), and in the end I was more satisfied with Boscaiola than any other food. Reasoning:

This isn't 2006. MP isn't the prime factor for WHM as much as it used to be. WHMs used to run around with Serket/Vivian and all kinds of Zenith, and they'd be sitting ~600hp but have a ton of MP. Back then, that was the way things are done.

Now, there's more ways to conserve MP and more ways to stretch it out, and the need for ridiculously massive amounts of MP is lessened. This reduces the need for big MP foods or HP>MP gear, and also minimizes the need for hMP except for what you can get through gear alone.

HP is now a big factor. It boosts Devotion and Martyr, increases your max Sublimation, allows more leniency with Medicine Ring, and gives a cushion against random AoE or pulling hate against mean enemies.

Personally, I like the 120hp/35mp I get from Boscaiola. The MND+4 matches Mushroom Stew and I get a small hMP+1 from it as well.

The only thing I miss when using Boscaiola over Stew is the enmity reduction, and even that isn't a huge loss for me.

Here's what HP can do for a WHM. Granted, this example is a bit... extreme... but nonetheless...

[+]
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-18 10:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Goblin Mushpot, I'm pretty sure you can buy from the Goblins in their Lower Jeuno shop.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-18 10:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Besieged divotion doesn't count. You won't normally get a divotion greater than 250-300
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-09-18 10:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually quite like Imperial Coffee/+1 (3hr hMP+3 / 4hr hMP+5) for long drawn out things where im not likely to die.

Otherwise, Ginger cookies ftw!

(Yes.. I'm cheap >_>)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xeon
user: Xeon
By Carbuncle.Xeon 2009-09-18 11:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Besieged divotion doesn't count. You won't normally get a divotion greater than 250-300

I said the example was extreme. The point is that boosting HP is a worthwhile thing to do.

The 120hp boost from Boscaiola is a 30-point increase to the potency of Devotion a 30-point increase to the maximum value of Sublimation, and a 60-point boost to Martyr. That's not a bad boost, considering the added survivability the HP gives you on top of it.

I'm not telling all WHMs to /MNK in order to boost HP, but I am recommending for WHMs to look at boosting HP in food and gear slots where pertinent.

As a 75whm/sch Tarutaru, my base is 815hp and 807mp. 8/8 HP merits brings me to 895hp and 807mp. Add Goliard Saio, Walahra Turban, and Intensifying Cape, and I'm up to 997hp/909mp. Add Boscaiola and it goes to 1117hp/944mp.

That alone makes my Devotion/Sublimation worth 279mp and my Martyr worth 558hp. Not bad at all, and I've still got open gear slots for other things.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-18 11:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Might as well add BQ Ring in there too and make sure you're in a pt with a fully merited Mantra Monk.

As for food... There are a LOT of choices and each one varies depending on what you're doing. My personal 'favorite' is Mushroom Stew. The ingredients for the stew can be hard to come by if your server doesn't own Movalpolos(sp?) often.

Generally, if I want a cheap, decent food I'll just get some Marron Glace for lvl ~50+ and Rolanberry Pies for 1-49 or so.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-09-18 11:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i have to get stewpot key item still.. havent yet since this is the only stew i really find worth it
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-18 11:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashira on Odin used to have a Devotion set for 1600+ HP, so Devotion of 400+ (as Mithra).

I think at my best, I was pushing about 1400 for my setup for it. My goal was to be able to fully MP up any of our Paladins in one shot (except the damn Tarutaru 500-600 MP ones).

I didn't use HP food for it, and when I had Devotion coming up on recast, I'd cast Regen 2 on myself and swap to HP gear (19/tick will fill you up fast, 12 spell + 5 merits + trait + garden bangles).
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-09-18 11:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

for WHM I just use Wizard Cookies.
First Page 2