Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-22 13:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
What if the president elect immediately began using his position to leverage his private business interests?

Asking theoretically.
This is kind of related to your point. Not so much his business interests (unless he shorts stocks) but issues from his inability to stop tweeting causing business problems.

beyond first amendment issues
By eliroo 2016-11-22 13:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I think the biggest issue with the "e-mail" issue is that she attempted to hide the evidence and at the very least lied to the american public.

Welcome to every politician ever.

Even Bernie, I'm sure.

The American public can't handle a *** flashed at the Super Bowl. You think they can handle the complexities of international communiques or black ops in Cambodia or whatever else?

Give them a season of The Apprentice in Washington D.C. where Breibart's shill has to get hit in the face with a pie for losing a debate or something. They'll be better off that way.

Well I'm not discussing absolute transparency. I think that if there is something of question the US should be transparent about it but they don't need to go about releasing information to everyone.

I'm also not sure you understood what I was saying the real problem was.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 13:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Viciouss said: »
Get over it. Gloat about "winning" if you call it a win, but ***'s sake. Just like your candidate you're being a sore winner. This is why nobody likes Dallas, the Steelers, New England, or the *** Yankees.

Even when they win their fans are insufferable!

Yeah, enjoy it. Now you don't have a real claim to fame anymore and nobody will give a ***.

You were better off with the legacy of goat betrayal.

I'm sorry I can't hear you.

Man, I don't even like baseball that much and even so, I'm a Pirates guy.

The Nuttings are the worst owners in sports. And I remember Art Modell. And that conman who almost managed to buy the Islanders.

Bob Nutting is worse.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-22 13:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cubs suck...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 13:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're underestimating my actual distaste and mistrust for what we'll call the "ruling class" as a whole and my viewing of them as a necessary evil. Kinda goes back to the old lawyer joke.

"How can you tell a lawyer is lying? His lips are moving."
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 13:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
What if the president elect immediately began using his position to leverage his private business interests?

Asking theoretically.
This is kind of related to your point. Not so much his business interests (unless he shorts stocks) but issues from his inability to stop tweeting causing business problems.

Asking theoretically.

I was avoiding the topic lest we come full Godwinny circle and have to discuss, you know. Associated treatment of the press.

MEH!
By eliroo 2016-11-22 13:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're underestimating my actual distaste and mistrust for what we'll call the "ruling class" as a whole and my viewing of them as a necessary evil. Kinda goes back to the old lawyer joke.

"How can you tell a lawyer is lying? His lips are moving."

So because we have bought into the belief that all politician and lawyers are liars we should brush off any instance that they are caught lying?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 13:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid double quite. AM? Do me a solid?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 13:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So because we have bought into the belief that all politician and lawyers are liars we should brush off any instance that they are caught lying?

...didn't you watch the election coverage of the man we elected?

He knows so few facts he'd get his favorite color wrong twice if you asked him three times in a row.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 13:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asking theoretically.

Funny, nobody seemed to complain when Obama slammed Fox News over the years for making him look bad.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 13:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how clear the leverage is, clearly. He has apparently already started with Argentina.

And Saudi Arabia. He established 8 businesses in Saudi Arabia at the beginning of the campaign cycle.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 13:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Asking theoretically.

Funny, nobody seemed to complain when Obama slammed Fox News over the years for making him look bad.

Funny but Obama did it with clever quips using his voice. He didn't do it on social media and he didn't come off as a petulant child throwing a tantrum.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-22 13:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Cubs suck...

yeah... they beat the indians...>.>
WHOOP~DY *** WOOO!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 13:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and Obama never threatened to sue the media like Trump has on several occasions.
By eliroo 2016-11-22 13:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

...didn't you watch the election coverage of the man we elected?

He knows so few facts he'd get his favorite color wrong twice if you asked him three times in a row.

Which is why I stand by my thinking that we were screwed either way this election.

It would take a revolution to "Drain the Swamp", unfortunately to many people are disenfranchised by the political establishment.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 14:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It would take a revolution to "Drain the Swamp",

Washington is just like the Everglades. You're not draining anything and the tide is coming in, ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 14:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Funny but Obama did it with clever quips using his voice. He didn't do it on social media and he didn't come off as a petulant child throwing a tantrum.

That is so completely missing the point that I don't even know how to respond.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 14:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't.

Rising to the trolling never helps.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 14:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

One has only done so in jocular, jesting fashion. One has done so in thinly veiled threats and an attempt to bully people and throw their power around.

They are very, very different situations. You can dislike one, the other, or both. But there is little equivalence to be found in them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-22 14:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you provide some quotes about Obama stating that fox news was a failing business, that he was going to sue them, or that the media was inciting protests (a specific legal term which allows criminal prosecution and not protection under the first amendment)? Maybe you can give me some quotes on how Obama threatened to open up libel laws to sue more journalists and publications.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 14:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No I got your point.

Obama making jokes about Fox News opinion editorial format posing as real news being comparable to Trump tweeting that the New York Times is not nice and not fair to him.

That's your point that Obama was whinny whereas my opinion was he didn't whine about it, he joked about it and he definitely never threatened to sue media publications for libel. Which Trump has threatened he would do.

For me that makes it incomparable.
[+]
By Zerowone 2016-11-22 14:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

But all of this is becoming a distraction from the fact the Trump Foundation released their 2015 tax filings on Guidestar and it's pretty clear the foundations is guilty of self dealing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-22 14:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And Saudi Arabia.
*hiss*
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-22 14:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So Trump ended up doing the interview with NYT?

Quote:
Donald Trump has repudiated the fringe "alt-right" group that celebrated his election win with Nazi salutes.

In a far-ranging interview with the New York Times, the US president-elect was quoted as saying: "I condemn them. I disavow, and I condemn."

He said he did not want to "energise" the group, which includes neo-Nazis, white nationalists and anti-Semites.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 14:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No I got your point.

Obama making jokes about Fox News opinion editorial format posing as real news being comparable to Trump tweeting that the New York Times is not nice and not fair to him.

That's your point that Obama was whinny whereas my opinion was he didn't whine about it, he joked about it and he definitely never threatened to sue media publications for libel. Which Trump has threatened he would do.

Quote:
Obama:
"If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you'll see more of them doing it."

Bwahahaha! Obama, always with the jokes. Clearly you are a comedian for a new era.

Quote:
I have to say that if you watch Fox News on a regular basis, it is a constant venue. They will find folks who make me mad. I don’t know where they find them. They’re all like, “I don’t want to work. I just want a free Obama Phone, or whatever.” And that becomes an entire narrative that gets worked up.

HAHA! What a kidder. Witty to the end.

Quote:
“I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration…That’s a pretty big megaphone. You’d be hard pressed if you watched the entire day to find a positive story about me on that front.”

Okay, you're right I get it now. Nothing but comedy from El Presidente when talking crap about Fox News.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 14:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And Saudi Arabia.
*hiss*

He was trying to open a hotel but apparently that's not going to happen because he just announced today, that as President he is blocking all oil imports from Saudi Arabia.

This could get interesting. But it looks EPA deregulation is going to be a real thing if he is going to make the US completely independent on energy resources.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 14:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*shrug* I stand corrected, apparently he complains too.

Still not on the level of the Donald threatening to overhaul constitutional freedoms because they were mean to him.

Not that I know if Hillary would have been any better in this regard, though she'd probably keep her cool about it publically a lot better.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 14:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No I got your point.

Quote:
Obama:
"If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you'll see more of them doing it."

Bwahahaha! Obama, always with the jokes. Clearly you are a comedian for a new era.

Quote:
I have to say that if you watch Fox News on a regular basis, it is a constant venue. They will find folks who make me mad. I don’t know where they find them. They’re all like, “I don’t want to work. I just want a free Obama Phone, or whatever.” And that becomes an entire narrative that gets worked up.

HAHA! What a kidder. Witty to the end.

Quote:
“I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration…That’s a pretty big megaphone. You’d be hard pressed if you watched the entire day to find a positive story about me on that front.”

Okay, you're right I get it now. Nothing but comedy from El Presidente when talking crap about Fox News.

Somebody sounds triggered.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 14:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And Saudi Arabia.
*hiss*

He was trying to open a hotel but apparently that's not going to happen because he just announced today, that as President he is blocking all oil imports from Saudi Arabia.

This could get interesting. But it looks EPA deregulation is going to be a real thing if he is going to make the US completely independent on energy resources.

Well, now's the time for all the all-knowing oil barons to prove they were right and 9x.x% of scientists were wrong and that American interests are best served through tearing up the country to turn the air to ***!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 14:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you provide some quotes about Obama stating that fox news was a failing business, that he was going to sue them, or that the media was inciting protests (a specific legal term which allows criminal prosecution and not protection under the first amendment)? Maybe you can give me some quotes on how Obama threatened to open up libel laws to sue more journalists and publications.

Perhaps you could have provided quotes that actually said those things (aside from the failing), because I responded to what you gave, not the unnamed other things that weren't even implied in the Twitter comments. The responder was concerned about Trump "attacking" the NYT, which Obama has done for Fox News. If you want a more comprehensive response, make a more comprehensive argument.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 99 100 101