Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-22 00:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually I'm the one accused of going Godwin but damn the progressives are foot the petal here. There isn't even rational logic involved, just straight up feelz because their Queen and anointed High Priestess didn't win.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 06:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, we have 2 situations going on here:

1) We all know, based by the DNC emails, that the liberals are not above hiring "protesters" and make them attack Trump supporters at Trump rallies. It is very conceivable that all these videos and images popping up showing Trump Nazism could all (or mostly) staged tying Trump to Hitler.

2) If all these images/videos (and I do mean all) are real, the liberals/media is basically doubling down on the very policies that got Trump elected, which is to tie a very small fringe group to the nation at whole (deplorables anyone?).

Either scenario will never help the liberals and the coastal elites into gaining power, it will just alienate the nation away from them even more. It's like losing your shirt in Vegas, and then gambling some more hoping you will win, only to lose your pants along with it. Either way, you are going to keep getting exposed to the real world.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 06:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
These guys aren't helping the "let's not draw parallels with Nazis crowd"

I invite you to continue to dwell in the delusion that Hillary Clinton lost because the sixty something million people that voted for trump and the fifteen million that didn't vote at all, are all secretly sexist nazi super racists and hillary was a super great candidate.

It will make the 18 elections a hell of a lot easier for us.

Thanks but that's not my point or feeling on the matter.

It's America. You guys are acting like an observation can't be made from the activities going on. You don't need 60M+ racists to win an election or push an agenda. Just one with deep pockets.

Like I said these guys don't help the argument in a world where the whole of a group is judged by it's part.

Jumping on people and attempting to ridicule them for making said observation doesn't exactly convey a tone that alleviates alarmists concerns either.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-22 07:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks but that's not my feeling on the matter.

You are the nazi. You want to control how much money companies and individuals can make which is exactly what hitler did. So go goosestep into another thread because we don't go for that fascist crap here.

You're also racist against white people. You want to make us out to be the villain, like we personally had slaves and killed the Indians.

And you're sexist making your wife suffer for your patriarchal oppression forcing her to bear your children.

Every thought you ever had is evil and racist and wrong.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 07:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Usually I'm the one accused of going Godwin but damn the progressives are foot the petal here. There isn't even rational logic involved, just straight up feelz because their Queen and anointed High Priestess didn't win.

Have you taken consideration that your own condescending tone is exactly the thing that you deride in some liberals speaking to others, and that you are, in fact, just as equally guilty of being an utter hypocrite as they?

Or are they being condescending while you merely "tell it like it is?"

That's a one-way street with you, it seems.

Ironic, that.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 07:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew I couldn't be trusted!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-22 07:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I knew I couldn't be trusted!

Me neither!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 07:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave the masses alone!

Don't worry, I haven't been to mass in years!

Impressively, my old priest still remembers me though.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-22 07:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump, for now at least, is not Hitlerish(I already said Hitler reincarnated in Turkey, not America); however, and this is something you should consider with more seriousness, he made those extremists feel legitimized, and that should never happen. All these people popping out now saying "I can finally tell these latinos/muslims/blacks/gays that I hate them and they don't belong here!" is bad and stems from Trump's loose mouth and worse, never saying "I'm sorry I went too far with that" or "I expressed myself wrong on that". If they feel like he is one of them(and I'm sure we all hope he isn't), they feel empowered. And sadly appointing people that are only known for being racists(Bannon) or homophobic(Pence) certainly doesn't help defusing the problem...

This is why there are people in fear on the other side of the fence, not just cause there's some conservative guy in the White House. If say Kasich, or Rubio was president surely there would still be disappointment and maybe anger from some people, but certainly not fear.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 07:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth Trump was presented with the fact people are doing terrible things feeling empowered by his victory and he did say "don't do that, it's wrong; I want people to come together."

I saw that as an indirect quote though via an article reporting on the interview, so I have no idea what format it broadcast in -- if it broadcast at all -- or how widely it was seen.

He's not going out of his way to say it often, and I'm sure the media isn't doing him the favor of circulating it with any frequency, but take that for what it's worth.
By eliroo 2016-11-22 08:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well It could become a good thing, they believe he will fight for what they believe in but when he doesn't they will be demoralized. Think about a General hyping you up for a fight and then showing up on the other side. That is a stretch but it may go a long way to weakening these types of organizations. Furthermore it is putting their ugliness in the limelight which will eventually force some sort of action from the people.

Side note: Just got to the minimum wage section in Bernie's book and it has really got me thinking and changed my perspective on the matter.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 08:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Have you taken consideration that your own condescending tone is exactly the thing that you deride in some liberals speaking to others, and that you are, in fact, just as equally guilty of being an utter hypocrite as they?

Or are they being condescending while you merely "tell it like it is?"

That's a one-way street with you, it seems.

Ironic, that.
Ironic indeed.

Except for the point that Savael is pretty much replying in a reactionary tone, which is exactly what liberals in media and on this website are doing. He never exactly decried the liberals into accusing them of being part of the Nazi regime. But you cannot consider "tone" to be a moral argument, so it's not exactly hypocrisy.

The real hypocrisy is how liberals have been demeaning Republicans/conservatives for their treatment of Obama, and yet, Trump hasn't even been sworn in and already they are treating him like the Republicans treated Obama.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 08:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Side note: Just got to the minimum wage section in Bernie's book and it has really got me thinking and changed my perspective on the matter.
What's his argument?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 08:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Except for the point that Savael is pretty much replying in a reactionary tone, which is exactly what liberals in media and on this website are doing. He never exactly decried the liberals into accusing them of being part of the Nazi regime. But you cannot consider "tone" to be a moral argument, so it's not exactly hypocrisy.

I'm speaking to the way he addresses people all the time. Not the subject of the discussion.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 08:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm speaking to the way he addresses people all the time. Not the subject of the discussion.
If you are subject to attack all the time on this forum, you would have a condescending tone too when replying to people on this forum or just posting.

A lot of people here love to attack those who don't share their viewpoints. Do you need me to name a few?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-22 08:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao yeah Saevel never called anyone a nazi! But everyone who disagrees with him happens to be labeled as a soviet!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 08:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks but that's not my feeling on the matter.

You are the nazi. You want to control how much money companies and individuals can make which is exactly what hitler did. So go goosestep into another thread because we don't go for that fascist crap here.

You're also racist against white people. You want to make us out to be the villain, like we personally had slaves and killed the Indians.

And you're sexist making your wife suffer for your patriarchal oppression forcing her to bear your children.

You win the election but still play the victim. Imagine that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 08:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There you go Ramy, 2 perfect examples of reactionary tone.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 08:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Lmao yeah Saevel never called anyone a nazi! But everyone who disagrees with him happens to be labeled as a soviet!

It's funnier when you know that the Soviets and Fascists were mortal and ideological enemies.
By eliroo 2016-11-22 08:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What's his argument?

This sums a good bit of it:

https://www.dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/mythbuster

Essentially raising the minimum wage will put more money into peoples pockets. They will have money to spend on non life-essential things and therefore stimulate the economy as they will being buying more expensive food, clothes, toys and other things. Furthermore, it will bring less families out of poverty meaning less money will need to go to Welfare among other government facilities that the homeless and poor use.

Another article about it:

http://other98.com/billionaire-nick-hanauer-explains-higher-wages-create-jobs/

He also talked about how the Walton family pays more for Welfare than any other family in the US, drawing a line between the Walton family and how the employee a lot of people for bare minimum wage. The people they employee are not making enough money off of their wages and have to get food stamps and such.

It was quite enlightening, I still think that the living wage for each area should define minimum wage but I think there should be some action to force a change to occur. I think that working 40 hours should give people enough money to live.
By eliroo 2016-11-22 08:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think one of the sadder things about the Nazi party and Hitler is that they actually had some good and positive ideas built into their message but there is so much negativity around their party that repeating any of those ideas makes a person a Nazi and an antisemitic.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 08:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You managed 2 trigger posts in a row. Go for the trifecta.
By eliroo 2016-11-22 08:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun regulation is pointless and will just lead us further into another "Drug war" scenario ?
By fonewear 2016-11-22 08:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's it Thanksgiving is ruined you are relegated to the "kids table" with the grape juice and string cheese!

When you want to behave like adults you can join us at the adult table !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-22 08:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2016-11-22 08:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think one of the sadder things about the Nazi party and Hitler is that they actually had some good and positive ideas built into their message but there is so much negativity around their party that repeating any of those ideas makes a person a Nazi and an antisemitic.

I'm pretty sure vegetarians follow Hitler's lead with their strict anti meat propaganda !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-22 08:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you don't like being called a nazi? huh...that's weird...imagine that...

how strange... I was just making an observation...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 09:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you don't like being called a nazi? huh...that's weird...imagine that...

how strange... I was just making an observation...

I thought you were being cheeky but now I'm thinking you're a graduate of the regentnewbie school of straw manning.
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 99 100 101